essiebutton

Re: essiebutton

Post by Guest »

She left him on Christmas Eve to go home to her family because she could not drag herself off the couch to go see his HIS family on Christmas. I stopped liking her when she said that. She will haul him off to Canada. He will never see his family again. His poor family. JMHO

HumbleDumbleBumble
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by HumbleDumbleBumble »

Hi, just in case this hasn't been stated I just wanted to answer some questions people have been wondering. (I'm a fan of hers)

She's studying online from a Canadian University because she can't afford to be an international student (she's stated that it was pure luck that she was able to do it with her degree, I think she wants to become a social worker or something like that)

She loves Aslan's family, she often mentions goofy things they all do together (go see shows, hang out, etc) She has stated often that she wants to move back to Canada because she likes it, but I think she's warming up to London. I doubt she'd force Aslan to move though, since London is his home.

Yes, she likes the expensive stuff. I think she gets an 'allowance' because her family seems to be well off and she's just a kid. Then you combine that with the money she saves with her PR samples (at least she's honest about them!) and finally, she works retail(sp?). Also, I believe they split the rent 50/50 or they manage to save money here and there (their home seems to be full of DIY and thrift store finds, nothing wrong with that, they saved money!)

So, Estée works hard, and I admit it's a little weird how I remember all of this, but then again, it's not really any of our business (for the most part ;))

Ok, that's done =)

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Yeah, I thought that the place where they live looked like it might be expensive for London. Yes it's decorated with "thrifty looking things" but thrift nowadays certainly doesn't always mean cheap! Quite the opposite in fact.
I know she used to work in The Body Shop and Topshop when she fist moved over here, but I get the impression since youtube took off for her she doesn't work in retail at all anymore.
For the record I live in Scotland and my family all emigrated to Australia when I was 17. I stayed here, and it is incredibly hard being so far away from your family. However you just get on with it and be mature about it. I was actually pretty shocked when she left Aslan on New Years Eve. It seemed so selfish. If I recall correctly she had only just got back from a holiday from India with Aslan (which she also took her mother and someone else along with her!) so it's not as though she hadn't seen them for ages. I just think if the roles where reversed and a male had done that to his girlfriend on Christmas Eve there would be an uproar. Men have feelings too! :D I'd love to know what Aslans family made of that little episode. No doubt they had included her in their Christmas plans and it just seemed kind of rude to run off at such short notice if nothing else.
As for describing her as "just a kid"!! Come on I actually really like Essie but at 22 years old you are not just a kid. I know I was married and working by then and would never have accepted an allowance from my family at that age! Pocket money at 22? Please tell me that doesn't happen. I am sure she will be making good money from youtube nowadays and hope she doesn't take money from her family.
She has mentioned quite a few times that she wants to move back to Canada. She mentioned a specific city but I can't remember which one it was. She said that her and Aslan had some kind of 5 year deal or something I think where she would only live in London for a certain amount of time before moving back there. I think they are a lovely couple and fully expect that Aslan will move over to Canada to be with her in the near future.
She's been mentioning getting working out gear a lot in her recent tweets. Does anybody know how she lost so much weight. I know she said it was just from walking around London but I'm really not sure how much I buy that. She lost a lot in a very short amount of time. She must have had a very lazy lifestyle beforehand if that was what really caused the weightloss surely?
Having said all this I do still love Essie and look forward to her videos. It will be very interesting to see if she changes much over the next year especially I think with all the networking she is doing with other bloggers and youtubers.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

lips wrote:London is one of the most expensive cities to live in..I still want to know how much that townhouse costs!
My friend almost moved there but she had family living there so they already had a house.

I just don't get why she wouldn't invest more in her education. Why spend so much on a posh place if you aren't even going to live there permanently? It's got to be $4-5,000 per month. Wow! Even Ingrid's apt is under $2000 per month and she's rich off YouTube.

I'm guessing since she comes from a seemingly wealthy family, and Aslan seems to come from the same kind of background, there must be a different level of what is considered expensive and what is comfortable. If she and Aslan can afford where they are, more power to them.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Oh wow! Are they really moving? It seems like they just moved to London. It's safe to say that Estée has been gaining a ton of popularity lately and she has a trustworthy image, you might be right about the PR company. Maybe around the same time she decided not to show if the products she reviewed were gifted to her (which still bugs me, honestly).

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

molticolori wrote:Oh wow! Are they really moving? It seems like they just moved to London. It's safe to say that Estée has been gaining a ton of popularity lately and she has a trustworthy image, you might be right about the PR company. Maybe around the same time she decided not to show if the products she reviewed were gifted to her (which still bugs me, honestly).
She's still marking her PR products. The person who originally said she had stopped updated and said it was a mistake by Estee in one post where she forgot to, but that she's going to continue marking things. I just checked her blog, and PR samples are marked.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Fluff wrote:
molticolori wrote:Oh wow! Are they really moving? It seems like they just moved to London. It's safe to say that Estée has been gaining a ton of popularity lately and she has a trustworthy image, you might be right about the PR company. Maybe around the same time she decided not to show if the products she reviewed were gifted to her (which still bugs me, honestly).
She's still marking her PR products. The person who originally said she had stopped updated and said it was a mistake by Estee in one post where she forgot to, but that she's going to continue marking things. I just checked her blog, and PR samples are marked.
Oh, that's actually good to hear. Thank you for letting me know. :]

Post by Guest »

Wow, her makeup is so pretty. Do whatever Essie is doing. She does live the life of leisure. That apartment looks to be very nice with those gorgeous wood floors. Where does the money come from? Essie's makeup is the best on Youtube. Bar none. Even better than Lisa E's. Lisa Eldridge often makes her eyes look smaller by using eyeliner. Just say no to eyeliner. Unless you want little rat eyes.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I don't actually think that Essie's make-up skills are particulary fantastic. I think that it may be that actually she has a fantastic face to work on and that makes all the difference. She has great cheekbones,nice lips and huge eyes. Most importantly she has flawless skin. I think when you have a great base like that to start off with it's far easier to make your make-up look good. As you get older, or maybe if you have a lot of imperfections etc you have to be a lot smarter with how you apply your make-up and that I think is what takes true skill. Basically Essie is a natural beauty I think. :D
I do like her soft understated look,it really works for her, but just won't always work for everybody. I do far prefer it to Tanya Burrs slap it on mile high policy though.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

Nin wrote:I don't actually think that Essie's make-up skills are particulary fantastic. I think that it may be that actually she has a fantastic face to work on and that makes all the difference. She has great cheekbones,nice lips and huge eyes. Most importantly she has flawless skin. I think when you have a great base like that to start off with it's far easier to make your make-up look good. As you get older, or maybe if you have a lot of imperfections etc you have to be a lot smarter with how you apply your make-up and that I think is what takes true skill. Basically Essie is a natural beauty I think. :D
I do like her soft understated look,it really works for her, but just won't always work for everybody. I do far prefer it to Tanya Burrs slap it on mile high policy though.
I agree with this. It's very easy to just throw on some BB cream and some highlighter, it makes all the difference what your canvas is though.

Post by Guest »

She just glows. I forget how young she is. You still just see her and not the makeup. If she could bottle it.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

i think the whole "5 year plan" is more to do with estee's citizenship. i don't know about what it takes to be a uk citizen, but she can't just live there forever, especially if she's not married and not technically an england uni student.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

Her makeup is so simple and classic looking, and it just draws me in. I swear that I'd buy every single product she uses if I could because I'd love to replicate her look...and because I'm a sucker. :lol:

ea19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ea19 »

She is so pretty & relatable, something refreshing & new in the beauty community =)
Get it together

rockstarrr
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rockstarrr »

makeupmaven23e wrote:Her makeup is so simple and classic looking, and it just draws me in. I swear that I'd buy every single product she uses if I could because I'd love to replicate her look...and because I'm a sucker. :lol:
ME TOO! But at the moment being a fulltime student + fulltime employee I have no time for much including shopping and then I cannot justify spending 60 USD on eyecream. I still enjoy and love everything she talks about (:

rockstarrr
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rockstarrr »

boston61 wrote:She will probably dump her guy like she did at Christmas and head for LA to be one of the gang.
lets hope not! I honestly think she has a better head on her shoulders than the rest of the LA gang.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Nooooooo! She is tweeting with Tanya Burr now. Step away please Essie before it's too late. :o

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

A little off topic but, does anyone else inwardly cringe like crazy when one of these beauty gurus will take their finger and rub the eyeshadow over and over to show you the color pay off? I understand they want to show you, but I don't know. I always cringe when I see them do that. And I've seen Estée do it before. In fact she did in her Jan favorites with a Mac shadow, (Which she mentioned that Mac shadows were expensive) and then runs her finger all in the shadow. Sorry for the mini rant.

liquidlinernotes
Debater
Debater

Post by liquidlinernotes »

lips wrote:I think she said they were going to move to Vancouver..another expensive city!
Aslan must be a computer geek and raking in the big bucks.

I think Estée must be working for a PR company cause she goes to so many sponsored events dyptique aesop and now Stella McCartny.
Just peeking into say that while living in downtown Vancouver or West Vancouver or Kits can be very, very expensive, there are a ton of affordable neighborhoods in this city. Moving to Vancouver could be much cheaper than living in London.

The $4-5,000 they are allegedly spending in London would buy them a really luxury apartment in the middle of the city or along Coal Harbor with 900+ square feet and a couple of bedrooms and bathrooms.

But they would likely find a great place for about $2,000 anywhere.

It's also beautiful, and most of the attractions in Vancouver are natural -- less shopping, more hiking, etc.

Post by Guest »

She would look so much better if she cut off those nasty discolored ends of her hair. Makes her look so cheap.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”