dustyohunter

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

Re: dustyohunter

Post by Emerald »

Moe77 wrote:I wish him and Jay were my neighbors. He's awesome. (I must confess though, in recent weeks I've been going back and watching his earlier videos and it makes me a little sad that he's "buddies" with the likes of Temptalia, Pursebuzz, and Goss among others.)
He's friends with Wayne Goss? :barf:

Moe77
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Moe77 »

I was watching one of his earlier videos and he referenced a video by Goss...So maybe not IRL friends...But he sounded like he watched/liked him. Uggh. Plus I can't see how he's friends with Temptalia. Double Uggh.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I can't stand Temptalia. I remember Dustin being on her blog before.

theshadeofitall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theshadeofitall »

That drag video. Finally. Was anyone else kind of surprised at how great Jay was in drag? Loved it.

JasonRain
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by JasonRain »

I like his videos too.

AquaSarah16
Learner
Learner

Post by AquaSarah16 »

I find his reviews very insightful an helpful. I am also a fan of his quirky sense of humor. Has anyone been watching his True Blood cocktail series? I don't watch True Blood, personally...but I found the videos hilarious. His friends seem just as funny and quirky as him, which is great! He seems really genuinely happy with his life and himself, and I like that he's a little soft spoken and not too outrageous in his way of speaking. He's not pretentious at all, like other gurus and I appreciate that. The only thing I dislike about him is the fact he basically is friends(kisses ass) with people like musingsofamuse, tempatalia, and gossmakeupartist...those people are so talentless and vapid and just outright bizarre in the not good way. He should be associating with better people than the infamous likes of them.

Still love him though. :love2: I wish he'd come over and do my makeup. :P

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

Does anyone knows why Dustin hasn't post in while?

Moe77
Informer
Informer

Post by Moe77 »

Emerald wrote:Does anyone knows why Dustin hasn't post in while?
I so so so hope its because he's gearing up for his October Halloween tutorials and videos. Last year was SPECTACULAR.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I love his Halloween videos from last year. They were well done.

danipants
Learner
Learner

Post by danipants »

Emerald wrote:Does anyone knows why Dustin hasn't post in while?
Wasn't he renovating his house/filming room? Idk. I miss him! I love his videos.

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

I guess we're not going to get Halloween videos this year. :cry:

Moe77
Informer
Informer

Post by Moe77 »

I love Dustin so so much...BUT WHY DID HE HAVE TO JUMP ON THE ANXIETY BANDWAGON that all these Ytbrs are on? Facepalm. I only watched till he referenced Pixiwoo's anxiety video..and then I clicked out. I just couldn't...ugh.

AquaSarah16
Learner
Learner

Post by AquaSarah16 »

Moe77 wrote:I love Dustin so so much...BUT WHY DID HE HAVE TO JUMP ON THE ANXIETY BANDWAGON that all these Ytbrs are on? Facepalm. I only watched till he referenced Pixiwoo's anxiety video..and then I clicked out. I just couldn't...ugh.
Not trying to offend, but as someone who has been diagnosed with Social Anxiety(it was very severe at one point) I can most definitely say from watching Dustin's video and the things he described that he was not jumping on any sort of bandwagon. His struggle is/was real. I don't think it's very fair to possibly imply that someone may be faking a mental illness to get views or something like that. Given Dustin's very honest and candid personality. I have not seen pixiwoo's video(and I have no interest), but I can say from my own personal experience that once something like anxiety or mental illness in general starts to be talked about; especially on a social media platform, people who suffer are going to join in on the conversation and talk about their struggles. Yes there have been these teeny-bopper girls on youtube who have constantly been spreading around the "socially awkward" trends on youtube and other social media...but this is a whole different ballpark. Obviously Pixiwoo is someone he has a lot of respect for(I wouldn't know, don't watch her) but from your post it is a bit evident that you don't care for her. I just don't think it's right to throw Dustin under the bus when he made a very genuine and candid video about his own struggle(he was tearing up, that was not fake) just because he made it as a video response to pixiwoo's video.

Again not trying to offend, but I think something needed to be said. Talking about mental illness when you are suffering is not easy.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

Agreed. I suffer from pretty severe agoraphobia (same as Dustin) and I could relate to every. single. word.

Moe77
Informer
Informer

Post by Moe77 »

AquaSarah16 wrote:
Moe77 wrote:I love Dustin so so much...BUT WHY DID HE HAVE TO JUMP ON THE ANXIETY BANDWAGON that all these Ytbrs are on? Facepalm. I only watched till he referenced Pixiwoo's anxiety video..and then I clicked out. I just couldn't...ugh.
Not trying to offend, but as someone who has been diagnosed with Social Anxiety(it was very severe at one point) I can most definitely say from watching Dustin's video and the things he described that he was not jumping on any sort of bandwagon. His struggle is/was real. I don't think it's very fair to possibly imply that someone may be faking a mental illness to get views or something like that. Given Dustin's very honest and candid personality. I have not seen pixiwoo's video(and I have no interest), but I can say from my own personal experience that once something like anxiety or mental illness in general starts to be talked about; especially on a social media platform, people who suffer are going to join in on the conversation and talk about their struggles. Yes there have been these teeny-bopper girls on youtube who have constantly been spreading around the "socially awkward" trends on youtube and other social media...but this is a whole different ballpark. Obviously Pixiwoo is someone he has a lot of respect for(I wouldn't know, don't watch her) but from your post it is a bit evident that you don't care for her. I just don't think it's right to throw Dustin under the bus when he made a very genuine and candid video about his own struggle(he was tearing up, that was not fake) just because he made it as a video response to pixiwoo's video.

Again not trying to offend, but I think something needed to be said. Talking about mental illness when you are suffering is not easy.
To be fair, as I said, I didn't watch it because I anticipated the same level of "anxiety" video that EVERY. SINGLE. YOUTUBER. has put out lately (which a load of them are a bunch of whiny crybabies). But if he actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about and being genuine that's different. I think I will go and watch now. Thanks for your insight. :)

meowser
Learner
Learner

Post by meowser »

Dustin was definitely being genuine in his video about anxiety, as someone who also suffers from severe anxiety I could tell what he was saying and describing that he went through was exactly some of the things I too have been dealing with. He is far too credible and honest to fake something like that anyways. He is hands down my fav youtuber, he's the kind of person I'd have as a friend in my every day life.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I just stumbled across his IG--he is so funny and witty lol!

I feel so bad that NARS PR/HR rep laughed him off the phone. Other gurus I would be happy that would happen to but not Dustin, he is very professional in his videos. I think he might be the only "guru" who actually works as a MUA and is not just a "yt personality".

mookieloo
Informer
Informer

Post by mookieloo »

I just discovered his channel, and I'm in lurrrrrve.

Return to “dustyohunter”