CloudyApples

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: CloudyApples

Post by DaylightAmy »

I mean let's face it, the type of content she makes isn't comedy or gaming. It's just children's content. It's childish. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to make their career in that genre, I just don't think that she realized what she signed up for. A lot of the kids who "grew up on YouTube" grew up with the original Let's Players and you can see they've all gone in drastically different directions because they either had to grow up with their audience or cater to children. You can see that difference between PewDiePie (who decided to change his content to suit his own age and the agegroup of his original audience, not children) and people like Markiplier and Cinnamontoastken who visibly market to a young demographic. I think part of it is the fact that the Let's Play genre is not a bottomless pit... there's not an endless supply of legitimately enjoyable games to play that your audience will also keep enjoying, at some point you're going to end up playing something purely for views unless you change your brand.

I don't think she really signed up for the kids but that's all that really got clicks so that's where she ended up.

I think the uploading every day is a symptom of the "adpocalypse". A lot of her video titles or thumbnails allude to more flirty things which I wouldn't think is necessarily considered family friendly, but that's what gets her clicks... so like most YouTubers she's opened up shop on Twitch now, which makes more money but means longer content less frequently.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by meowlizzz »

Wow I can't believe she's reporting from CloudyApples.

Also her eyebrows do make her face look weird. It looks like she changed their shape. The beginning of the brows start a bit lower, making them look like they have more of an arch, but actually making her look a bit angry lol. She used to have a nice brow shape

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

big image here but (yes i do have a lot of time my hands ;p tysm)
http://i68.tinypic.com/suuh6c.jpg

i think she got her nose bridge done and something with the tip of her nose! it looks more refined and less michael jackson-esque. nothing with the nostrils. also i think it's her eyebrows making her look angry lol

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

also as i was doing the utter most to gather those screenshots, i was watching a gloom video and she said she privated a lot of videos because she's very hard on herself and holds herself to a higher standard. she never came back to cloudyapples because she was waiting for a good idea blah blah, kind of acting like she'll go back to cloudyapples but i doubt it. but man. she needs to chill with the skin blurring!! e__e it was worse in her older videos but she still does it in gloom, so it's hard to speculate about what's going on with her appearance since it's not clear

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

Finally played her "guys I'm actually kind of bi-sexual!" card, so pathetic:

[youtube][/youtube]

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

^Kind of confused since she said pansexual in the video? Can u elaborate why that's an issue? Like is u think she's lying or pandering to an audience?? Haven't watch her video in ages lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

As a bisexual woman who really struggled with self-acceptance in the late 90s, early 00s... I've been guilty of gate-keeping with this stuff. I'm usually the first in line to call pandering and queerbaiting. And I'm particularly critical of Kassie's new online persona and audience.

I personally am glad she did this video and I don't have any problems with it myself.

She was creating a lot of clickbait to do with girl-on-girl suggestiveness. I think it's important she addresses the subject, and though I don't understand her experience at all, it sounds genuine to me.

People who aren't sure who/what they are/like or who find attraction somehow mystifying and undefined puzzle me. I knew from a very young age on that I liked both girls and boys. I don't understand not knowing - I really don't. I don't get how you can not know what you're attracted to and what you're not attracted to. I figured it out when I was 11 - so 19, 24, 30 year olds who are like "I GUESS I DON'T KNOW" are extremely unrelatable to me.

But part of asking others to accept me and my experience, is accepting others and their experience.

If I feel like someone is using bisexuality/pansexuality to garner attention or views, I'll be the first in line to risk my own credibility to question theirs and I've heard a lot of attention grabbing "I like girls too" shit... but this didn't sound like one of them. She relayed experiences of feeling extremely intimately connected to other women - the easy way to get attention is to talk about how hot girls are and stick to that.

I still don't like her clickbaity shit that clearly suggests that you'll find some form of girl-on-girl action when you click her videos... but I personally don't feel like this particular video is pandering or disingenuous. That's my opinion, it's certainly not law. These conversations aren't simple.

kittenteethz
Talker
Talker

Post by kittenteethz »

I don't think Kassie has any clue who she is... her persona has seemed very contrived from day one and I didn't like how she denied her obvious nose job and boob job. There was definitely SOME truth in Cloudy Apples but I get the sense she's the kind of person who can't show anyone who she really is and is always playing a character.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Wow I accidentally ran into her searching for something else. Apparently she's best friends with Azzyland, now? :?

Also this is her Instagram now?

I'm starting to question every time I've said "everyone changes" now.

LaserBeam92
Talker
Talker

Post by LaserBeam92 »

What's her last name? I'm actually very curious because she's been on the internet for a long time and I can't find it...

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

^ Not sure if we can say it but it's Arnold, I think so at least it was the name one her sister's obituary

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

This is the same chick right?

I had no idea who she was, I was just checking out the trending page and wondering why on earth a fluid art vid was getting so many views.. then I realized. It's only because she's sprawled on the floor in a tube top belly tee and tight jeans, at an angle where people can voyeuristic-ally look down her shirt, and see her tight ass. That's it. That's the only reason people are clicking. She thinks people are there for the content, she's sorely mistaken. Have some self respect, girl. Plus whoever is the guy behind the camera, I hope he's not a boyfriend/partner. It screams hella of taking advantage and showing off 'his' girl for penis envy clout. It's gross.

yellllow
Learner
Learner

Post by yellllow »

Oh wow, a new post on this thread! I don't keep up with her content, but I remember around the time she started this Gloom channel I felt that she was kind of subtly exploiting the 'sexy gamer girl' thing for views. So that thumbnail's no surprise. I do believe she fully realises that these poses are going to generate more clicks, she's not that clueless (her old channel could maybe be considered a proof that she's not stupid) Perhaps she likes that kind of attention. I have as well been wondering about her boyfriend and what his role is with the Gloom channel, because he frequently made appearances on the old one.

She seems like a totally different person. And maybe she has always been that person, and Cloudyapples was just a pretend persona she couldn't keep up with. Leaving that channel with no 'goodbye' or anything actually fits perfectly with the impression I've got from Gloom.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

So, Kassie's being weird again. :roll:

I haven't really been following her for a while and am just finding this out now but apparently back in January she made a video stating she was taking a break and thinks it will be around one month. She mentions she has some kind of cyst and was worried it might be cancerous, which her family has a history of apparently and she also complains about being overworked. Since then apart from one or two interactions on Twitter in February, there's been nothing.

What happened to the short break, what happened to one month? Isn't it funny how these things repeat themselves?!

The slightly worrying thing of course is if her cyst is completely benign you would think she would let her fans - who are worried sick about her and repeatedly asking about it - know that. On the other hand if it is cancerous it would be her decision to make whether to tell it or not. I sincerely hope in the depths of my heart that it is benign even though that would make her irresponsible to let her fans hanging on like that.

Sadly I believe the reality is that what actually happened is she has taken the absurd amount of money she has made and is doing all sorts of things with it and has concocted this half-true tale of a cyst that was proven to be completely benign long ago to keep her underage fans on a cliffhanger very worried about her until she comes back when she decides she wants more money.

She comes across as a bit high and mighty to me as she talks about how she is lacking inspiration now and how her and other creators are all doing the same thing over and over. Honey if you want to talk about your own videos that's fine, don't talk smack about other creators when you literally openly and transparently just copied them frame by frame. Remember how when you started Gloom how extremely different your personality was? And how you just left all your old fans and everything you had worked on, all the messages you tried to get across for this ridiculous bumbling fake character you created. :rofl: I said at the time that it made no sense. All she had to do was create the channel CloudyApples Gaming and been herself on it, as she ended up doing anyway (being herself). She could have uploaded to CloudyApples at the same time. It was just bizarre what she did, I never saw anyone do something like that.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDRKS7Dwt68[/media]

Same old Kassie, same old proselytizing about how everyone else is doing blah blah crap while she's too good for that and she needs to be "inspired" again. Also do youtubers not realize how ridiculous they sound when they complain about how hard they have to work? You literally watch tiktoks and react to them for a living. I know there's editing and stuff, and yeah there is some ingenuity in how they react (or everyone could do it), but it's not hard work. Writers or sports players or actors can pretend to work as hard they like because we can't really see it, youtubers it's right there. I know they're not spending 6 hours on a 10 minute video because they tell us how long. They don't work hard most of the time, it's an incredibly easy job if you have the skillset required.

Obviously my prayers are with her if she is actually in some sort of trouble, though I highly doubt it. I really think she just doesn't care and seems to even get a bit of a thrill out of leaving people, her own fans who used to follow her closely, hanging wondering what the hell is going on.

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

I see she’s back on IG I don’t watch her new channel did she ever give an explanation for her absence?

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

Batila wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:02 pm
I see she’s back on IG I don’t watch her new channel did she ever give an explanation for her absence?
Not that I know of. Thanks for pointing out how she's back on instagram, I see she had a picture posing with her butt she just couldn't resist posting and the only other one is of her literally eating the cherry on top of her cake.

Still, at least it's better than nothing. I really don't like it when people just disappear without a word or when they say one thing and do something else (she said one month) or cause people to be worried about them when there is not need to be. She knew there were millions of young fans she had a hook on worried about her and she didn't care.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Betcha she'll do the same thing she did with CloudyApples. Just vanish without a single word, because apparently it's too hard to just wear your truth, and then return as something completely different and act sooky when people ask what the fuck.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Was just cleaning out my antiquated and ungodly-sized Watch Later playlist when I ran into some of her old CloudyApples videos in there - one of them is a Q&A where at the end she 'addresses' people commenting on her body size versus her boob size (implying they are fake). She answers that saying "it's just how I'm built, but when I was flat chested I was angry at girls who were well endowed, too" (basically saying anyone who says her boobs are fake is jealous, LOL).

Sis, I'm a US size 2 and I have an E-Cup (and that's AFTER a reduction surgery, mind you). I come from two families full of women with large breasts so I was cursed from birth LOL... and I think her boobs are absolutely 100% fake. I would bet money on it. Not because she's small with big boobs (I am too) but because of how they look. I've seen a lot of shapes and sizes of natural large boobs and sorry, hers look entirely fake (and I say that as a huge fan of fake boobs, I think they're gorgeous).

In so many of her Instagram pictures you can clearly see she is not wearing a supportive bra, or a bra at all, and her boobs sit exactly as high up as when she'd be wearing a push up bra, like this one:

100% I don't care how genetically blessed you claim to be, no genetics defy gravity like that, it's just not true.

Return to “#-E”