What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

caomei
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What do you think of the Naked 3 palette?

Post by caomei »

I tend to agree with Llama, although N3 is my favourite. If anyone watches VintageorTacky she seems to have the same opinion, with N2 being her least favourite and believing that N3 is a good stand-alone, while N1 and N2 need supplementing eyeshadows to be workable. This is probably because I am very pale with neutral tones.

Although I do feel that pigmentation is more of an issue than it should be. I own two Dior 5 colour palettes, and they're not highly pigmented but rather meant for creating a softer look. I feel like N3 follows a similar route though it is better pigmented, with the fallout for "Dust" being what kills it. I had worse fallout with my N1 palette. Sidecar has crazy fallout, and I feel sidecar is worse for that than dust.

Again, it comes down to colours that people prefer. I cannot work with N1 or N2 alone, but figured several looks already just with N3.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

busybuyingbins wrote:okay i saw it in person and i loved it! so amazing,
but the thing is for $50 i really don't want it.
now if it was like $30 i could justify it more but i just can't. i wouldn't use it AS much.
now i finally saw the naked 2 (yeah super late on this one) and i literally fell in love.
the colors are all perfect and it has some of my favorite shades from other palettes i have run out of.
i want to get the naked 2 but still i can't spend that $50. haha
Yeah, it's coming up at being about $60 here in the UK. For that price I can get a nice lippie and palette elsewhere and therefore get myself a complete look. There's no way I'm spending $60 on a palette that is going to require me using other eye shadows with it to make the colours work.

I can never work out how in-demand UD is. They are always saying that everything sells out and is limited edition, but the two counters near me are always deserted. The one time I bought something the sales girl nearly died from excitement. That Naked nail polish set was really hyped as being a limited edition 'when it's gone, it's gone' item here in the UK and it was still in stock months later.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

loopyloo wrote: Yeah, it's coming up at being about $60 here in the UK. For that price I can get a nice lippie and palette elsewhere and therefore get myself a complete look. There's no way I'm spending $60 on a palette that is going to require me using other eye shadows with it to make the colours work.

I can never work out how in-demand UD is. They are always saying that everything sells out and is limited edition, but the two counters near me are always deserted. The one time I bought something the sales girl nearly died from excitement. That Naked nail polish set was really hyped as being a limited edition 'when it's gone, it's gone' item here in the UK and it was still in stock months later.
yeah i can get so many other things for that amount. like i can go to the drugstore and buy many many things for $50.

yeah i hate when urban decay does that crap.
i got the 3rd book of shadows 75% off at nordstrom rack few months back and urban decay said its not going to be on sale any longer.
i wish they wouldn't discontinue palettes though. it's so annoying. like the rollergirl palette is my all time favor and got it when it was on sale and of course they don't sell it anymore and mine is all out.
it's just so annoying when they do this crap. they still sell some crappy palettes no one seems to even like. i don't understand them.
formerly known as ashhbby

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

caomei wrote:I tend to agree with Llama, although N3 is my favourite. If anyone watches VintageorTacky she seems to have the same opinion, with N2 being her least favourite and believing that N3 is a good stand-alone, while N1 and N2 need supplementing eyeshadows to be workable. This is probably because I am very pale with neutral tones.

Although I do feel that pigmentation is more of an issue than it should be. I own two Dior 5 colour palettes, and they're not highly pigmented but rather meant for creating a softer look. I feel like N3 follows a similar route though it is better pigmented, with the fallout for "Dust" being what kills it. I had worse fallout with my N1 palette. Sidecar has crazy fallout, and I feel sidecar is worse for that than dust.

Again, it comes down to colours that people prefer. I cannot work with N1 or N2 alone, but figured several looks already just with N3.
Yeah, I think the N1 is workable for me because I lean more warm-toned. I can totally get away with just using it as a stand-alone.

I think I just got a real good pan of Sidecar because I don't really have any huge problems with flakiness or dusty fallout (like Dust). It's actually my favourite eyeshadow in my N1! Mine does contain micro-glitter, but it's nothing crazy and is totally workable, unlike Dust. It's kind of weird because I'm pretty sure my N1 is pre-reformulation too.

I'm just being nit-picky but I'm kind of upset how UD is filling their pans less and less. My N1 pans are filled to the brim and my N2 is just slightly less filled, while my N3's got a 0.1~2 cm space between the product and the pan. :(

Tamara24ny
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Tamara24ny »

Honestly, I am so over all the "naked" palettes. I'm just not into neutrals at all, i find them incredibly boring. But, Urban Decay IS my favorite line of eyeshadows. I love the ammo/sustainable/ud loves NYC/ palettes. I prefer the brighter colors. When I first discovered UD, about 10 years ago... It was all the crazy bright blues, greens, purples, they had that drew me to them. They had all the awesome "alternative" colors that weren't as easy to find elsewhere. They were more edgy, and that is what I loved about them back in the day. I hate that they have discontinued some of my old time favorite eyeshadows, like kiddie pool/speed for example. But colors that didn't sell well anymore had to get axed, I guess.

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort »

I was surprising underwhelmed when UD announced the Naked 3 palette and swatches came out. For now, I'm not really that interested in that palette. I have the Naked 1, Naked 2, and Naked Basics palettes. Naked 2 is my favorite out of all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness »

Everyone I've seen wearing shadows from it look like they have red, tired eyes. Either they're all doing it wrong or it doesn't fit their skintone or the shadows are just not that pretty.

I think I'll wait for the MUA dupe...

Post by guest »

Sorry if this has already been answered I didn't read all the posts. What's the difference between the urban decay that just came out vs a drugstore one? I've been thinking about getting one but don't want to pay lots of $ for it.

Post by guest »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
guest wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered I didn't read all the posts. What's the difference between the urban decay that just came out vs a drugstore one? I've been thinking about getting one but don't want to pay lots of $ for it.
UD is higher quality than a drugstore eyeshadow palette, although that's kind of subjective and debatable depending on what you personally look for in an eyeshadow. If you aren't sure, I'd skip it or at least go see it in person before purchasing. I haven't tried Wet N Wild shadows myself but I've heard they're very similar to UD shadows and a fraction of the price! Maybe someone here can attest to that better than me...
thanks that helps

artsy323
Informer
Informer

Post by artsy323 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
guest wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered I didn't read all the posts. What's the difference between the urban decay that just came out vs a drugstore one? I've been thinking about getting one but don't want to pay lots of $ for it.
UD is higher quality than a drugstore eyeshadow palette, although that's kind of subjective and debatable depending on what you personally look for in an eyeshadow. If you aren't sure, I'd skip it or at least go see it in person before purchasing. I haven't tried Wet N Wild shadows myself but I've heard they're very similar to UD shadows and a fraction of the price! Maybe someone here can attest to that better than me...
I love it! Altought I have the lorac unzipped palette, the naked 3 has more shades and they don't look the same.

Maybe it's because I have oily eyelids that can get dry and patchy I prefer higher end shadows. Some drugstore ones I have tried end up being too chalky and patchy. Higher ends also tend to be true to color and higher pigmented. I have tried wet n wild and I do like their eyeshadows. They are pigmented although some are a hit or miss or you have to work with them to make them work. They do then to have fall out but it's not a big deal since I apply foundation last.
I personally prefer "higher" end makeup but I am a fan of wet n wild eyeshadows, not all. But many are quiet lovely.

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Post by Regina Phalange »

I'm unsure about naked 3. Got it as a gift so I don't have receipt. Will sephora exchange it without one?

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Regina Phalange wrote:I'm unsure about naked 3. Got it as a gift so I don't have receipt. Will sephora exchange it without one?
Yes, Sephora will exchange any product, used or unused, without a receipt. They have an amazing return policy. Without a receipt you can get store credit or exchange it for another product, and with a receipt you can get a full refund.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I really like it. I got it for Christmas and the colors are just beautiful and so pigmented. They compliment my features very nicely. I've been using this every day since I got it :)

Deep Shave

Post by Deep Shave »

I love mine! I'm very pale, the colours aren't too dark for me :D I use it daily. Definitely a must have.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
artsy323 wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:UD is higher quality than a drugstore eyeshadow palette, although that's kind of subjective and debatable depending on what you personally look for in an eyeshadow. If you aren't sure, I'd skip it or at least go see it in person before purchasing. I haven't tried Wet N Wild shadows myself but I've heard they're very similar to UD shadows and a fraction of the price! Maybe someone here can attest to that better than me...
I love it! Altought I have the lorac unzipped palette, the naked 3 has more shades and they don't look the same.

Maybe it's because I have oily eyelids that can get dry and patchy I prefer higher end shadows. Some drugstore ones I have tried end up being too chalky and patchy. Higher ends also tend to be true to color and higher pigmented. I have tried wet n wild and I do like their eyeshadows. They are pigmented although some are a hit or miss or you have to work with them to make them work. They do then to have fall out but it's not a big deal since I apply foundation last.
I personally prefer "higher" end makeup but I am a fan of wet n wild eyeshadows, not all. But many are quiet lovely.
I've heard the same thing. Some of WnW's quads are amazing and some are horrible... I'm sure if you google "best Wet n Wild palettes" or something like that, you can figure out which ones to buy. I agree with you though, I tend to prefer higher end shadows overall. I bought the Lorac pro palette and it's amazing... I would recommend it over the Naked 1 palette for sure (I don't have the 2 or 3)!
Wet n Wild quads are AMAZING considering their price but it's not as good as UD's. It's a lot more powdery, don't last as long and are not as intense as UD, but the pigmentation is still great and the texture is very smooth and buttery. They definitely will not replace my UD shadows but they're an awesome substitute if you're on a budget.

The best eyeshadows PERIOD are Shu Uemura's old formula or Rouge Bunny Rouge... but that's another topic for another day. :D

So tempted by the LORAC palettes. So jealous since I live in Canada and my area never stocked LORAC. Sad they're pulling their stuff off Sephora's shelves now, though :/

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

How is the fallout on the Naked 3? I barely use the first Naked palette because some of the colors have huge chunks of glitter that end up on my cheeks...not a good look!

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

kittykat wrote:How is the fallout on the Naked 3? I barely use the first Naked palette because some of the colors have huge chunks of glitter that end up on my cheeks...not a good look!

I've had virtually no fallout. I wore some glittery shadows today and I barely had any fallout. The fallout I did have was just small little specks and could be rubbed right off.

shermansown

Post by shermansown »

Llama wrote: So tempted by the LORAC palettes. So jealous since I live in Canada and my area never stocked LORAC. Sad they're pulling their stuff off Sephora's shelves now, though :/
Eh, I have the Lorac Pro and actually far prefer UD formulas. The Lorac ones don't come off as pigmented to me and they are just as powdery as WnW. Also they can look muddy if you use more than a few or blend too much. I haven't had that problem with UD although I have heard other people say that they have.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

I have the Naked 1 and I was looking to buy the Naked 3 but I don't see myself wearing any of those colors besides two.

It's nothing special

lipsticklover143
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lipsticklover143 »

It's my least favorite of the palettes.

Return to “Urban Decay”