Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

okaay
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Post by okaay »

If any of you dolls actually have purchased this and used it, I want to hear your input.

I have a question - is the new shade "Faint" alright for contouring?

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Post by FFL »

I ordered this from Sephora yesterday (along with some other things) so when after it gets here and I've had a chance to try it out, I'll post again. :)

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

I got it the other day and have had a chance to try it out some more. I bought it because I don't have many matte eyeshadows.

The shadows are very smooth. I like Naked 2 and Faint the best. I am a bit confused why they have two light colors, I think they could have done with a dark brown (one not quite as dark as Crave).

I also have a complaint about the color Crave. It does. Not. Blend. At. All. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I tried different brushes, I tried different pressures when blending, but it would not budge. This is a good quality to have when I use it as a liner, or when setting a liner, but when I was trying to deepen the outer corner, it just was not blendable enough so I had to wipe off my makeup and start over. I was a little miffed since I was already in a horrible mood anyway. I even tried mixing it a bit with Faint, but it still just won't blend like the others will.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

Also, it has a funny smell. When I hold it close to my eyes to use the mirror, I can smell it. It almost smells like urine. :/

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I may give this one a miss then! :o

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

I got this palette today as part of my Christmas presents, along with the Vice Palette.

I made a swatch of the eyeshadow you're asking about. This is as close as I can get to take a picture with my actual skin color and the color of the eyeshadow, no primer underneath, no flash or any filter and with natural light:

I took the picture as natural as possible and as close as possible to the color of the palette, I hope it helps! Btw, this is a pic of the palette:

I'll do a review later on on my blog if you're interested. :)

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

^Woah! The pics are huge and it actually cut the black eyeshadow! Sorry about that!!! :s And sorry for the double post too! :(

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

SallyCinnamon wrote:I may give this one a miss then! :o
I guess my review did sound all bad...but it's really not that bad of a palette. I actually quite like it. You can use the lighter colors to blend out others, you can do a "no make-up" makeup look, natural looks, a little darker looks. It just wasn't a perfect palette for me. Part of me wishes I would have just shilled out the extra $13 and gotten one of the bigger Naked palette, but I am pretty happy with the Naked basics. :)

luckycharms
Talker
Talker

Post by luckycharms »

I think if you have the Naked palettes, you don't really need this one unless you love matte colors. I think it's okay, but I only bought it because I cashed in my points at Ulta. I don't think I would have bought it on my own otherwise.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

I can't decide if I really need this...

okaay
Informer
Informer

Post by okaay »

WickedMusings wrote:I got this palette today as part of my Christmas presents, along with the Vice Palette.

I made a swatch of the eyeshadow you're asking about. This is as close as I can get to take a picture with my actual skin color and the color of the eyeshadow, no primer underneath, no flash or any filter and with natural light:

I took the picture as natural as possible and as close as possible to the color of the palette, I hope it helps! Btw, this is a pic of the palette:

I'll do a review later on on my blog if you're interested. :)

Thanks, that is super helpful!

ms.jolie
Talker
Talker

Post by ms.jolie »

I have been contemplating on getting the naked 2 palette for awhile now. Do u guys think the naked 2 is a better choice than the naked basics?
Life's a b*tch, and then you die!! ^-^

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

sounds like sleek would be a good dupe for this for the UK ladies

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

FFL wrote:
SallyCinnamon wrote:I may give this one a miss then! :o
I guess my review did sound all bad...but it's really not that bad of a palette. I actually quite like it. You can use the lighter colors to blend out others, you can do a "no make-up" makeup look, natural looks, a little darker looks. It just wasn't a perfect palette for me. Part of me wishes I would have just shilled out the extra $13 and gotten one of the bigger Naked palette, but I am pretty happy with the Naked basics. :)
lol you didn't put me off, I ordered one! :)

Post by Guest »

ms.jolie wrote:I have been contemplating on getting the naked 2 palette for awhile now. Do u guys think the naked 2 is a better choice than the naked basics?
I think so. More colors, variety between matte & shimmer.

I was thinking about getting the Naked Basics but eh I'll pass.

luckycharms
Talker
Talker

Post by luckycharms »

ms.jolie wrote:I have been contemplating on getting the naked 2 palette for awhile now. Do u guys think the naked 2 is a better choice than the naked basics?
Yes, definitely!

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I'm not excited at all by this :/ I think if UD was going to make a matte palette, they should make it as big as the Naked 1 & 2 with warm/cool colors in it. I would only use the last three shades in the Basics palette, and those already look easily dupable.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

i really wish they put more darker colors, since those first 3 shades don't even show up on my skin :( and those dark shades aren't even that unique.

i love the basics' packaging (the naked 1 is pretty much cardboard and the naked 2 is a pencil box), how sleek and compact it is, and the great price... but i think i'll be skipping this one.

Return to “Urban Decay”