WHICH Mac eye shadows do you own?

xyewrminex
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WHICH Mac eye shadows do you own?

Post by xyewrminex »

I own Satin Taupe, Sable, Mulch, Woodwinked, Ricepaper, Arena, Sketch, Shadowy Lady, Embark, Swiss Chocolate, Rule, Wedge, Brun, Twinks, Epresso and Soft Brown. I also have a 15x palette and a 4x quad.

Catsmile
Learner
Learner

Post by Catsmile »

xyewrminex wrote:I own Satin Taupe, Sable, Mulch, Woodwinked, Ricepaper, Arena, Sketch, Shadowy Lady, Embark, Swiss Chocolate, Rule, Wedge, Brun, Twinks, Epresso and Soft Brown. I also have a 15x palette and a 4x quad.
That sounds so lovely! :)

At the moment I think I'm leaning more towards designer brands, probably because I'm excited about my most recent YSL purchases and I love their packaging.

I feel like luxury brands have more of an exclusive feel, because my mum pointed out when she went with me to a Dior counter, that there's no one shopping there or at any of the other counters, whereas Mac is always full at any time of day. And I kind of like that feeling >.>

thegirlinreallife
Learner
Learner

Post by thegirlinreallife »

If anyone on here has a darker skin tone can you recomned some MAC eyeshadows? I have a few but I'm looking for some brighter ones!

I have:
Vanilla
Soft Brown
Saddle
Rule
All That Glitters
Amber Lights
Antuiqed
Bronze
Brown Script
Carbon
Coppering
Cranberry
Embark
Espresso
Mythology
Saddle
Sketch
Swiss Chocolate
Tempting
Texture
Typographic
Woodwinked
Contrast
Fig 1.

As you can see not a lot of brights..... Has anyone tried humid and darker skin or Suptuous Olive?
It's not that bad

xyewrminex
Talker
Talker

Post by xyewrminex »

Catsmile wrote:
xyewrminex wrote:I own Satin Taupe, Sable, Mulch, Woodwinked, Ricepaper, Arena, Sketch, Shadowy Lady, Embark, Swiss Chocolate, Rule, Wedge, Brun, Twinks, Epresso and Soft Brown. I also have a 15x palette and a 4x quad.
That sounds so lovely! :)

At the moment I think I'm leaning more towards designer brands, probably because I'm excited about my most recent YSL purchases and I love their packaging.

I feel like luxury brands have more of an exclusive feel, because my mum pointed out when she went with me to a Dior counter, that there's no one shopping there or at any of the other counters, whereas Mac is always full at any time of day. And I kind of like that feeling >.>[/quote

Thank you. :)

tally20
Talker
Talker

Post by tally20 »

On the top of my head:

Satin taupe
Cork
Steamy
Chamomille
Espresso
Cranberry
Carbon
Woodwinked
All that glitters
Vanilla, Teal and Nude pigments
Wonder Woman palette
Riri Loves Mac Her Cocoa <3

Post by Guest »

Naked Lunch
Woodwinked
Twinks
Sable
Cork
Amber Lights
Shadowdy Lady
Sketch
Vanilla
Filament
All That Glitters
Swish
Trax
Blackberry
Fig. 1
Satellite Dreams
Limited edition holiday palettes which includes Satin Taupe and Carbon.
Electric Cool cream shadow in the color Pure Flash (limited edition?).
Pigments: Tan, Naked, Golden Lemon.
And a few various single-pan shadows from the 2012 holiday collection.

I think you can see a popular pattern here ;)

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

Ok... I just discovered this section of GG and yayay! Let me see if I can remember the names!

-Humid
-another green that I cant remember the name
-sumptous olive
-stars and rockets
-parfait amour (i think?)
-all that glitters: love this for all over the lid
-woodwinked: magic color! it seriously looks like youre wearing two colors on the lid when youre wearing this only
-satin taupe: I need to use this more bc everyone raves about it, but it is just ok to me. I need to find a way to love it!
-plumage: i use it to set eyeliner and it makes my dark brown eyes pop!
-texture: amazing warm orangy brown, icredibly easy to blend

-summer haze: gold, copper, champagne color. I wanted to love it more. i wish it was a tad lighter, but I do like it
-daylight: (idk if thats the name. haha I am crazyyy but when ingrid mentioned the two mineralized eyeshadows she got- from a while ago- i went out and got them) this one is a greyish purpley color.
^both of the above were limited edition and they have a lot of product!!

-golden olive pigment: this color is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I just need to find more ways to wear it. I realllllllllllllyyyyyyyy want MACs Naked pigment. (saw ingrid had it, researched it, and now i want it because it's THE PERFECT nude color)

-constructivist paint pot: I wanted to love this as a base, but unfortunately I don't wear dark eyeshadows on my lid (maybe the outer v) so this was way too dark. I tried using golds/champagne colors over it and they turned dark and muddy. I was going to return it, but then I used it as eyeliner and I love it! People say it is a warm brown with reddish undertones. To me, it can be warm, but somehow it kind of pulls cool on my skin tone. (I am pretty tan)

OutWithIt
Informer
Informer

Post by OutWithIt »

I have too many to list (not bragging, just stating a fact haha). I will say my go to favorite colors are the popular ones.

Blanc Type
Dazzlelight
Ricepaper
Sable
Patina
Satin Taupe
Naked Lunch

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

I've got
Blanc Type
Vanilla
Kid
Soft Brown
Cork
Shroom
Grain
Honey Lust
Haux
Satin Taupe
Tempting
Mulch
Twinks
Brown Down
Typographic
Sable
All That Glitters
Sweet Lust

I definitely use Blanc Type and Kid the most, but I love using Tempting, Mulch and Grain as well. Haux is absolutely gorgeous, but mine sealed itself for some reason? And it's not like I've used it wet or something, I can't understand it.

English is not my first language

MissLiita
Debater
Debater

Post by MissLiita »

I have ricepaperand espresso which I originally bought fr my eyebrows, but I dyed my hair lighter and don't use it as an eyebrow powder anymore. ricepaper and espresso are great basic eyeshadows, I'm not into color in my lids tbh

MissLiita
Debater
Debater

Post by MissLiita »

vanillakid wrote: I definitely use Blanc Type and Kid the most, but I love using Tempting, Mulch and Grain as well. Haux is absolutely gorgeous, but mine sealed itself for some reason? And it's not like I've used it wet or something, I can't understand it.
Yeah, for some reason MAC eyeshadows tend to do that, you can tell by looking at the ones in stores. Try not to touch 'em with your fingers and they should keep fine!

Angeluffy
Talker
Talker

Post by Angeluffy »

I'm new here and favirly new to makeup. NC44 skin and I have sketch, Naval, Deep truth, amber lights, Coppering and embark.

Return to “MAC”