Mac rant videos on youtube

ughasif
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mac rant videos on youtube

Post by ughasif » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Is it strange that I like watching people rant about MAC? I feel like it's just entertaining, like watching a bad reality show. What do you guys think of all the mac rant videos? I think the one with the most views so far is one by youtube Jenny Dey, she actually called Mac's corporate office and it seems the gir that was rude to her was let go or something. Although I myself haven't had an outstandingly unpleasant Mac experience, I will say that mac comes off as a cheap brand to be, not because of the quality of their products, but because of the lack of sales people. When I lived in California, I would go to the Mac pro store in Cerritos and that place was like a bad fashion show, loud rave music, blining bright lights, and no sales associates anywhere in sight. I was never approached, I figured because it was generally a very busy location, but girl, when I walk into a sephora store on a busy weekend, the sales associates are th3 most attentive towards me and my boyfriend who usually accompanies me. I do remeber ine time in particular when I was about 19 years old, I went into a mac store to purchase a powder and there were only 2 sales associates and one was doing makeul and the other one was prancing around the store cleaning shelves or something and I was repeatedly to that I couldn't be checked put until she was done with "her client". This just screams cheap to me, not having a cashier open at all times like sephora does and also not having their makeup out on the shelves for customers to simply grab and check out. Yes I understand theft, but hello mac gives a 40% to makeup artists (certified or uncertified) discount, from a business point of view, that obviously means that in order for Mac to be profitable their products aren't worth much if they are able to sell their products to those who have the mac card at 40% off. What's your opinion on this? I apologize I'm advance for the long ramble!

boxesofbitches
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Mac rant videos on youtube

Post by boxesofbitches » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 am

Yes! MAC rants are so fun to watch. :love2:
MAC does not have the same power in the market like they had in 2009, which might have something to do with hiking the prices up yearly and not improving their quality unlike other brands.
Also their collections SUCK these days. :(
I have had a few bad experiences with MAC stores so I can agree they have bad customer service compared to other make-up counters and stores.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:53 pm

I hate having to go into a MAC store to buy anything. I live in the UK and I agree the MAC counters here always seem understaffed too. It makes me feel better watching the MAC rant videos knowing that it's not just me and MAC sales assistants worldwide seem to be so rude.

ughasif
Learner
Learner

Post by ughasif » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:07 am

I thought it was just me haha. Granted, I nevet understood the hype with mac cosmetics. To mac is like ed hardy shirts and con dutch trucker hats so 2007 lol. I do like some of their products but I never see them come out with anything new, like new highlighters or contouring/strobbing palettes. The only thing evryone is going crazy for right now is that over rated Swirl lip liner and Velvet Teddy lipstick. Either way I'd rather place my orders online instead of having to waste gas going to a mac store to receive 0 customer service. I get better customer service from the beauty advisors at walgreens.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:44 pm

I think it's just down to location/pot luck if you get the nice employees in your store!

Mac is an individual store and not just a counter in John Lewis/Sephora though and girls can become quit snobby and cliquey without realising it in these stores I think.I definitely find that in general make-up counters are nicer as they are always less busy. I guess Mac girls can get quite stressed out as the stores are usually always full of people 24/7.

I used to frequent the Mac store in Westfield London and they are all so rude in there, you literally have to beg for a sample or for them to apply some product to see if it suits you.

I moved away for uni and there is a mac store near me now and they are all really nice girls that happily hand out samples and they are really lovely.

BeautyScammers
Learner
Learner

Post by BeautyScammers » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:27 pm

I never get serviced at my MAC in Canada they dont take me seriously and the only time they acknowledge me is when im in their way of the drawers.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by BornThisWay94 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:59 pm

For some reason I've been treated really well lately in Mac. I used to get treated like shit when I was younger lol, maybe it had to do with the fact that I was so young. Nowadays I get greeted, I have multiple people come up to me asking me if I need help or a certain product, I have people actually saying "Yes ma'am" to me...definitely not how I'm used to being treated there.

restingbitchface
Learner
Learner

Post by restingbitchface » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:16 pm

I've had decent experiences in MAC. The sales associates have always been nice to me at my local counter, they're just kind of understaffed. MAC was like my gateway drug into makeup that wasn't drugstore makeup. I didn't know the first thing about makeup, and now that I look back on it, it seems like a lot of the MAC staff doesn't either. That's why I don't understand why people who work at MAC act like they're basically as good as celebrity makeup artists or something. But I was kind of surprised there's so many MAC rant videos. I'm as addicted to them as I am whats in my bag videos. :D

Gabby+
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gabby+ » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:09 pm

I am one of those that rant about MAC MUA. Here's my video
[/youtube]
:love2: :D :tu:

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:51 pm

I love MAC too, but here in Switzerland store assistants in most cases are really uneducated about products. To the point when i asked about brush 212 it took them 10 minutes to get that mac actually sells it and they have it in store. When i was in soho NYC store they were really cool and knew everything

LurkLurkLurk43
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LurkLurkLurk43 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:59 pm

I got a sample of the new waterweight foundation recently and the SA (at a mall counter, but she was a MAC person) was SUPER nice. Like I will actually make the effort to see if she is there again if I decide to buy the foundation, to buy from her. She was nice and helpful but not in a fake seeming way and she wasn't pushy and didn't have that air of "better than you" that I remember from visiting standalone shops in London.

makeupbeauty1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by makeupbeauty1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:29 pm

I love watching the videos but I have never had a bad experience with mac I only had it with every other store including Ulta.

Return to “MAC”