sadfuq
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Puchased 'Vegas Volt' from a Mac store... might be fake

Post by sadfuq »

Hey everyone!

So I own several MAC lipsticks but a few things caught me off guard with my new purchase.

There's little to no vanilla smell, the font at the bottom is fine, not bold and it says Made in Belgium when all of my other lipsticks are made in Canada (where I reside). I DID purchase all of my MAC at one of their stores in my city, NOT online. I'm super confused :o Can anyone help?

Here a photo of the fonts at the bottom of my lipsticks, clearly my Vegas Volt looks fake. Is it possible somebody returned the lipstick and placed a fake one inside? What should I do?
mac.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Puchased 'Vegas Volt' from a Mac store... might be fake

Post by Eastsiderider »

The label doesn't necessarily mean it's fake, many mac's have that thinner lettering. Try feeling the mac-lettering in the side of the tube, if it's smooth then it should be okay. I find it weird that you have another amplified there and they smell different? Tried comparing just the two of them which are the same consistency? Is the lipstick solid, with no lines in sight? And is the product inside opaque and good quality? Another thing is that the voltage one doesn't have a recycling sign in the bottom :?

To be sure you should visit the store again and let the sales person take a look at it... It can also be that it's an old product or something.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

Since Estee Lauder owns MAC and they have manufacturing facilities in Belgium, don't be too quick to label them as fakes. Nevertheless, it's a little odd that they've got a lipstick made in Belgium rather than Canada (where most MAC makeup are from... I think). I don't have many MAC products but my lipsticks are all made in Canada so I can't help you there. You should go check with them. As for the Vanilla scent, if it's not very apparent, it could be old stock. If there really is no Vanilla scent, that shouldn't have been passed through and ended up in the stock of a MAC store.

There are apparently MAC products made in Belgium: [url]http://mac_cosmetics.livejournal.com/32220226.html[/url]

EDIT: I went ahead to key in the batch code on your lipstick onto http://checkcosmetic.net, which I've read as AB0 and apparently it was made in November 2010. That shouldn't have ended up in your hands and they should've cleared out such old stock. You should ask to exchange.

dipitistix
Stalker
Stalker

Post by dipitistix »

Great detective work! I'm just commenting so I can come back and use that link later - will come in handy I think :D

shesha25
Stalker
Stalker

Post by shesha25 »

Did you end up contacting the store?

My friend just bought me a Vegas Volt lipstick back from America which she brought at a MAC store and it fits the description that you have said perfectly (I just made this account so can't see the pictures yet).

The box is missing an "e" on the front but still has the recycle logo, the barcode sticker looks different, the text on the side is centred instead of being at the top.
The metal of the lipstick is shinier than usual and the lipstick appears smaller in height.
The sticker on the bottom has thin lettering and the batch number was stamped onto the sticker, not printed and it says that it was made in Belgium not Canada!

Please tell me that there is just a different packaging in Belgium!!

Return to “MAC”