MAC eyeshadow? please help

sparkleandshine99
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MAC eyeshadow? please help

Post by sparkleandshine99 »

I want to purchase some mac eyeshadows, but the indiviudal compacts are so expensive. the pan refills are only $10, and i was wondering if i could just buy those without having to actually buy a palette to put them in. does anyone know if i can do that or would i have to take a mac custom palette to be able to purchase a pan? thanks!!

Kagamine
Debater
Debater

Re: MAC eyeshadow? please help

Post by Kagamine »

You can totally purchase the refills without a palette, but you should have some sort of case to protect it from being crushed unless you want to remove it from the sleeve every time you use it.
Red like roses, fills my head with dreams and finds me...
Always closer to the emptiness and sadness, that has come to take the place of you.

sparkleandshine99
Learner
Learner

thanks for the help! I saw something on pinterest where they took a magnetic board and hung it to the wall and put the shadows on it- seemed really cool

sparkleandshine99
Learner
Learner

That's a great idea!! I have a couple individual shadows in the pot and they do take up soo much room so I definitely prefer the pan only too.[/quote]

I know right? So convenient and they're $5 cheaper than a potted shadow.

australienne
Talker
Talker

Post by australienne »

I bought an ebay palette to put my Mac shadows in and it's absolutely fine, very sturdy.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I don't know...I wouldn't hang a pan to a magnetic board on a wall. If the pan falls or the board falls, your eyeshadow is a goner. And I wouldn't like having my product exposed like that. I think you should definitely get some sort of palette to put them in. But the good news is that ELF sells 4 pan eyeshadow compacts for $1 at Target/Kmart/Walmart/etc. They fit MAC and Urban Decay shadows!

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I would recommend purchasing some sort of palette to put the shadows in. It also makes them easier to carry with out for traveling and such. I have a z-palette to hold my MAC shadows as well as some other various things I've de-potted myself.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

sparkleandshine99
Learner
Learner

BellaJane wrote:I don't know...I wouldn't hang a pan to a magnetic board on a wall. If the pan falls or the board falls, your eyeshadow is a goner. And I wouldn't like having my product exposed like that. I think you should definitely get some sort of palette to put them in. But the good news is that ELF sells 4 pan eyeshadow compacts for $1 at Target/Kmart/Walmart/etc. They fit MAC and Urban Decay shadows!
I've seen those, i didn't know they fit mac shadows! That's awesome. Thanks for all the help y'all!

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

I know this tread is a couple of months old, but just thought I'd give my two cents. I own a MAC 15 pan palette, which works great for me, but I also use a small metal tin (it used to be for mints) for the shadows I don't use that often, or those that I'm less happy with. So a metal pencil case or just any metal tin would probably work wonderfully, and depending on the size you could probably fit quite a few shadows in there as well.

English is not my first language

OutWithIt
Informer
Informer

Post by OutWithIt »

That's the only way I buy them, in the pans. Z-Palette and shadows such a perfect combo. :love2:

Return to “MAC”