YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mac Cosmetics

Post by YouslessTube »

kylizzle wrote:
YouslessTube wrote:MAC has increased their prices in my country. :x For example a lipstick was $13 now it's $21. :roll: The foundations are hella expensive too. Spent $45 on the Prolongwear foundation & it's one of the worst. I got cystic acne due to it which took a long time to heal. :|
Mac accept used returns.
I did go to return it with the receipt and everything but they said they don't accept used items. :( Maybe it's just where I live.

underthebelljar
Learner
Learner

Post by underthebelljar »

I've been working for MAC for quite some time now and I honestly agree with 98% of the criticism that's been brought up. It seems as if they're overwhelmed by their competition and the fast-paced evolution of the industry and straight up gave up. They're too slow and pick up trends when the hype has either died down or ignore them altogether. Instead they come out with a half-assed, uninspired collection or collaboration with repromoted standard-products. It's sad, seeing as MAC used to be the end-all be-all back in the day and hasn't stepped up its game ever since.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

YouslessTube wrote:
kylizzle wrote:
YouslessTube wrote:MAC has increased their prices in my country. :x For example a lipstick was $13 now it's $21. :roll: The foundations are hella expensive too. Spent $45 on the Prolongwear foundation & it's one of the worst. I got cystic acne due to it which took a long time to heal. :|
Mac accept used returns.
I did go to return it with the receipt and everything but they said they don't accept used items. :( Maybe it's just where I live.
E-mail customer services. Any beauty counter should refund you straight up if you don't get along with an item, let alone cystic acne.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

underthebelljar wrote:I've been working for MAC for quite some time now and I honestly agree with 98% of the criticism that's been brought up. It seems as if they're overwhelmed by their competition and the fast-paced evolution of the industry and straight up gave up. They're too slow and pick up trends when the hype has either died down or ignore them altogether. Instead they come out with a half-assed, uninspired collection or collaboration with repromoted standard-products. It's sad, seeing as MAC used to be the end-all be-all back in the day and hasn't stepped up its game ever since.

I agree. Their liquid lipsticks were a sad addition to their range and came out yearssssssss after all the other companies released theirs.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

kylizzle wrote:E-mail customer services. Any beauty counter should refund you straight up if you don't get along with an item, let alone cystic acne.
They said accepting used returns is against their policy, it's even mentioned on the back of their bill that if something happens to the customer they're not liable. You're right with your suggestions, thanks! <3 I did try every way to get a refund, but MAC is adamant & they don't care about customers plus they've hiked prices. I'm never going to go to MAC & spend a single dime ever again. :(

Kendalll
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kendalll »

That is so bad, I'm in England and pretty much every beauty counter takes stuff back. I do it in Mac all the time. Wow lol what assholes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayizz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kayizz »

I love the lipsticks, but not too keen on their foundations. They never sit quite right on my face and the smell remind me of paint. :(

underthebelljar
Learner
Learner

Post by underthebelljar »

kylizzle wrote:
underthebelljar wrote:I've been working for MAC for quite some time now and I honestly agree with 98% of the criticism that's been brought up. It seems as if they're overwhelmed by their competition and the fast-paced evolution of the industry and straight up gave up. They're too slow and pick up trends when the hype has either died down or ignore them altogether. Instead they come out with a half-assed, uninspired collection or collaboration with repromoted standard-products. It's sad, seeing as MAC used to be the end-all be-all back in the day and hasn't stepped up its game ever since.

I agree. Their liquid lipsticks were a sad addition to their range and came out yearssssssss after all the other companies released theirs.
UGH. Don't get me started on those! What a hot mess. The formula is crucial with these products and after slacking off for so long they came out with this? Ridiculous. They don't seem to understand that the competition is so fierce these days that you can't really allow yourself to come out with such poorly developed products. It's sad to watch their decline, really.

Ffsshutup
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ffsshutup »

Why does my foudation always oxidize to mas orangeeey look?

ohyourejoking
Informer
Informer

Post by ohyourejoking »

Ffsshutup wrote:Why does my foudation always oxidize to mas orangeeey look?

this is pretty much the reason i will never buy foundation from MAC again. At the end of the day, I end up looking like an oompa loompa.

sanzrb
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sanzrb »

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

I've been using my sample of false lash extreme black and I want to love it so bad. It's not too wet or too dry. It separates, defines and lengthens my lashes beautifully. Not too volumising but it doesn't clump them together and it makes my lashes look super fluttery. It could be holy grail but it flakes on me like crazy. I wear this and come home to black flakes all around my eyes. Sad thing is I'd pay the £20 for this despite knowing mascara has a short expiry date. I guess I'm gonna clean the brush off when done and reuse with another mascara.

cleverkitty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by cleverkitty »

I was once told up by a makeup artist to steer clear of Mac products if you have sensitive skin as their formulations are similar to stage makeup and more likely to clog your pores. Does anyone have any experiences with this?
BornThisWay94, thanks for the recommending the Soft & Gentle powder! It's on my next to buy list :D

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

Has anyone had any irritation from Mac mascaras by any chance? A couple of months ago I ended up with really irritated, red, dry eyelids. I washed my brushes ASAP and tossed all my old mascaras, but the only thing in my routine I changed was the mascara - I was trying out a sample of the False Lashes Extreme mascara which I'd received with my order. I have no idea if the sample was the culprit, but I have a feeling it may have been. I was either sent an old sample or the formula really didn't agree with me :?

As for my two cents about the brand itself...I never really got the hype. The lipsticks are generally good, but not all shades. Most of their collections/collaborations these days are terrible. The eyeshadows are overpriced. I do love my 217 brush though, admittedly.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

cleverkitty wrote:I was once told up by a makeup artist to steer clear of Mac products if you have sensitive skin as their formulations are similar to stage makeup and more likely to clog your pores. Does anyone have any experiences with this?
BornThisWay94, thanks for the recommending the Soft & Gentle powder! It's on my next to buy list :D
YES. I have sensitive acne prone skin & it did not suit me at all. Their lipsticks/lip pencils are dry af too. Mac should thank kylie Jenner for the hype that they have now lol. I was reading some reviews after breaking out with cystic acne from the mac prolongwear foundation & you're right, it is used as stage makeup. While applying it strongly smelled of paint. Ugh!

jadzia
Talker
Talker

Post by jadzia »

I love MAC Lipsticks, but here in Germany they are hard to get and quite pricey.
When I visited the UK last summer, I got a few MAC products, that were much cheaper over there. I bought a kohl eyeliner (pretty much just because the colour is "cat's meow"..), that I really like,

jadzia
Talker
Talker

Post by jadzia »

I love MAC Lipsticks, but here in Germany they are hard to get and quite pricey.
When I visited the UK last summer, I got a few MAC products, that were much cheaper over there. I bought a kohl eyeliner (pretty much just because the colour is "cat's meow"..), that I really like,

sacklok
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sacklok »

I actually don't have too many products from Mac. But my holy grail eyeliner is their liquidlast one. Unfortunately it's hard to find. But it stays on, even when I'm biking in rain, which happens a lot where I'm from.

mangotemptation99
Learner
Learner

Post by mangotemptation99 »

I love MAC! I've got a only a few products at the moment. I have the studio fix foundation & pressed powder, dollywink/ dusty rose (?), goldmine eyeshadow. I love their lipsticks and the other products as well!

LoRa
Learner
Learner

Post by LoRa »

Wanted to let you ladies know that MAC is offering a 100% FREE no strings attached lipstick on Saturday (July 29th) for national lipstick day! It's any full size lipstick ($17) while supplies lasts :tu:

Return to “MAC”