Mac Cosmetics

indigoCBxo
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mac Cosmetics

Post by indigoCBxo »

slight OT, love MAC as a brand, shop there a lot, but have to say it is mostly permanent products because I feel their recent collections are so bad. i quite liked play land but that was about it, maybe alluring aquatics but only for the packaging. i don't know whether they have been trying to get as many out as they can but because of that the quality of each is suffering. after all, there's only so many red/pink/coral lipsticks you can bring out, after that it starts getting a bit stale.

I still do love a bit of MAC though. Just hope their are some better limited edition collections this year 8-)

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

I almost never buy stuff from their collections, think the last time was the Marilyn Monroe one that came out, although I did like the one they had this year with the mini pigments, which I wanted to pick up but never did.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

chickennugget
Talker
Talker

Post by chickennugget »

I've had 3 posts in a row; my apologies. I just came back to say that I am the dumbest piece of shit in the world. I was looking at the Canadian store. Lmao I hate myself. *facepalm* That's all.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

DO NOT BUY MAC! It's overpriced, rude employee's & too many harmful chemically infused products!

I'm 100% sure now that these fucking MAC employee's are taught to be rude during training. They don't want customers to come back (or why'd they be rude?) they jack up product prices 5 times the actual cost as a scam & cover up for customers they lose, like that. I went to a mac store recently for the first time & asked to get matched as I wanted to buy foundation, a girl applied it on me & dabbed the sponge w/ such force as tho she's frustrated & when I asked any questions she'd give 1-2 word replies as tho I'm asking something confidential. I think she applied studio fix as I remembered the pump & I said I'd like to walk around the mall to see if it oxidizes on me, came back & agreed to buy, as I was new & didn't know shit about MAC, she gave me the pro longwear foundation saying she applied that on me. Bloody scammer! The foundation earlier was for $27 as I checked someone's review from 4 or so months ago & they suddenly increased to $48 for no bloody reason? I used the foundation at home & kept it on for about 10 mins, got 3-4 humongous pimples the next day due to it. :x The store doesn't even have a return policy for items I used. Waste of $48 They're just like Zara employee's. Rude, obnoxious & up their own ass!

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

artsy323 wrote:What are your thoughts on their Fix + Spray?
Does it really help diminish the look of a powdery face? And if any of you are acne prone, sensitivity, or oily skin, did the pray make things worse? I appreciate your thoughts :)
A little OT from your original question, I have acne prone/oily skin. The pro longwear foundation caused me to get never seen before extremely huge pimples on my cheeks. And I wore it for 10 mins. :?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

RoseHammer wrote:The products that I like best from MAC are their lipsticks primarily because they last forever and come in very cool unique colors. My personal favorite is "O" which is an auburgine frost with a bronze-y shimmer. Not gonna find anything like that in the drugstore. Plus they smell delicious and are just so smooth, I've been meaning to pick up more.

I've also tried their nail polishes, which I did like actually. I've never really been intrigued by their shadows or liners though because, well, I don't wear that much eye makeup. And I've never bothered with their glosses either. And as far as their campaigns they've been having with Maleficent, the Simpsons, ect., this may be an unpopular opinion and it'll sound mean, buuut..

I think it's fucking stupid to sell "novelty" makeup with unwearable colors *ahem Nacho Cheese Explosion ahem* I just can't understand just having packaging and theme being the main selling points for fairly expensive makeup. Nearly every guru that I've watched who has reviewed the Simpson's collection said "This is really cute but I'd never be able to wear these colors."

Someone mentioned this in the TymetheInfamous thread as well, MAC needs to step up their game and stop with repackaging and having half assed collections.They may be a staple and one of the cheaper department store brands but they need to watch their backs. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed! I got into the whim of wanting to buy MAC makeup due to these YT makeup/beauty guru's who rave & rant about mac as tho it's their own company, they somehow NEED & WANT MAC's new collections real bad & will claim to have rushed to the store to grab the last piece :roll: but... then tell us the shades aren't "wearable" but HEYY THE PACKAGING IS CUTE, SO F**K THE PRODUCT RIGHT? :? I'm damn sure they're sent these items for free & MAC tells them to not mention it's sponsored as people will be put off. Even if a person purchases 1 item after watching their video, they're technically paying for 3-4 items due to relentless scammy price jack ups MAC does every 3-6 months. Fuck MAC! :FU:

bbyybbbaby
Debater
Debater

Post by bbyybbbaby »

Me, Personally only have a few select products I love and will continue to buy. Mac mineralised skin finish natural and fix plus spray. Have a few lipsticks from Mac but I probably would never repurchase them
ImageImage

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

I've heard so many people complain about MAC employees, the country I'm from, South Africa, I've never experienced that here! I think may once or twice I've had a kind of rudish person, but 99% of my experience has been really nice. They're always so helpful and smiling, which is kind of odd because generally customer service here is really crap. Maybe that's why I like MAC.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I liked the Mac Fix +! It smells nice and it's not too expensive. But I feel like it's not expensive for MAC, not for what it actually is haha. I use it to do my eyeshadows wet. I haven't tried just water and I don't know. It feels more fancy.
*reasons I'm poor*

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

I used to be crazy about MAC products but now that I'm more knowledgeable about makeup I realized there are better brands and products out there. I like to have a variety of brands in my collection anyway. However if I want, say, a blush or a lipstick I know that if I go into MAC I won't be disappointed.

I personally love the Springsheen blush, eyeshadows in Naked Lunch, All That Glitters and Retrospeck and also their lipsticks in Cosmo, Plink and Pure Zen.

Their matte lipsticks however are quite drying and their powerpoint pencils smudge and fade throughtout the day.
XOXO

Shireluck
Informer
Informer

Post by Shireluck »

Hello :) I need a hand in picking some stuff because MAC finally opened in my country ^^ I would love a recommendation for long lasting highly pigmented eyeshadow in brownish purple colour and I need a nice soft eyeshadow blending brush,a brush for eyeshadow application under the eye(the small precise one) and a blush brush. If you have any suggestions let me know :) Thanks ^^

Coco-chanel
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Coco-chanel »

i absolutley LOVE M.A.C cosmetics. I love the lipliners & lipsticks and i love the eyeshadows . I like most of the collections, thats if i can get my hands on them, but i love watching them being hauled on youtube!
:love2:

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Glitterngold09 wrote:Mac makes me break out like no one's business :x
same girl. same. :(

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Lol I went to my local MAC counter today looking for a neutral eyeshadow and they were so rude to me :roll: They're always sold out of everything and I was debating between two eyeshadows and lipsticks. When I finally made my decision, they told me they didn't have the eyeshadow or the lipstick in stock and would have to call the store that was upstairs. Okay, fine. They informed me that they had both upstairs and if I wanted to purchase them now and bring the upstairs store my receipt and pick them up. I decided I didn't want the eyeshadow anymore and the girl who was helping me literally rolled her fucking eyes in front of me and looked at her coworker who was standing next next to her and let out a groan. Oh, I'm so sorry I no longer want an item, I forgot I wasn't allowed to change my mind. I actually ended up telling her as I was checking out that I would never be back and I was going to call the manager, but I doubt that would do any good. They're probably just as stuck up as the people they hire.

Post by Guest »

For mac I stick to lip and eye products. I've heard way too many things about the face products (mainly foundation) breaking people out, and I'm way too over protective of my skin to even risk that.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

I was so starstruck by Mac products cause of almost ALL these fucking youtubers promoting it. Little do we know it's probably sent to them for free but to keep up the sales they don't mention it's free cause some youtubers always get all or a few products from the new collections right away. It's funny how they say 'oh this isn't my color BUT HEY THE PACKAGING IS COOL' So fuck the product right. Lets all worship the plastic packaging with stupid ass graphics on it.

indigo_child
Debater
Debater

Post by indigo_child »

yo anyone know if MAC is really discontinuing the pro shadow uninterrupted??

DontDanceWithDanger
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DontDanceWithDanger »

I love love love mac, and havent had any problems with them in the stores, Idk if they are nicer in scandinavia or what cause I've heard bad stuff of the us counters but never had any problems myself(Im from Denmark). They always compliments me and tell me how nice I look <3

I love their foundations, concealers, eyeshadows, lipliners and SPECIALLY their lipsticks :) (Thats what I've tried so far)
I use studio fix for foundation and it covers up my skin perfectly fine (I use studio fix fluid or studio fix powder foundation), their pro long wear concealer is jus amazing and cant really be compared to any other concealer, their lipsticks are just perfect and last all day(I buy the matte ones) even though I drink and eat with them on I've never had to retouch them, their eyeshadows is just amazing too.
Their lipliners I sometiems use as a matte lipstick too and overdraw my lips a bit and it last all day too. (I just use a gosh lip primer underneath)

I havent tried their paint pots yet but I cant wait to try them too, I've heard lots of good stuff about them cause they can be used as a eyeprimer to keep the eyeshadow in place or just as a eyeshadow it self.
I'm also looking foward to try their primers, I'll admit I havent heard much about them but I just love mac products so it has to be tried :D

WWJBODYSLAMMIN77
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by WWJBODYSLAMMIN77 »

I have loads of Mac stuff... Now I'm trying to get it down to my most worn stuff.

I find Mac employees to be snobby sometimes. As if you aren't good enough to wear Mac or makeup... Yet most of them have makeup caked on that it can pass for drag makeup. Nothing wrong with drag, but when I feel like your judging me, and wearing that much makeup... Just no.

290ppm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 290ppm »

I just recently purchased the studio sculpt at Mac because the mall I work at does not have a Sephora and I was fairly impressed with it. I have really oily skin and it didn't budge after a full day of running around without a primer or setting spray. Not so much with the service though. The woman who colour matched me pretty much read off the script without much enthusiasm. She was annoyed she had to do my face more or less. I'm not asking for the red carpet but you're supposed to make a bit of a relationship with the customer.

Return to “MAC”