Pixie Cut Advice

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pixie Cut Advice

Post by fossilfinger »

I am strongly considering getting a pixie cut. I cannot style my hair. It's physically impossible. My hair is the frizziest hair I've ever seen. It never, ever looks good no matter what I do to it. Even if I get it cut professionally, within hours it looks terrible again. I've tried every tip and trick and they either don't work or I am just really bad at styling my hair and can't do them.

Anyway, I want to know the following about pixie cuts:

1. Are they actually low-maintenance, or are they even higher maintenance than long hair? Could I get away with just blow drying and putting in a little gel?

2. How long could I get away with going without a haircut? Could I go 3 or 4 months and have it still look decent? Right now I only get haircuts 1 - 2 times per year, and I want to go to a good (expensive) salon, so I don't want to spend too much money getting it cut.

3. For those of you who exercise a fair amount and have a pixie cut, what do you do with your hair when you exercise?

Anything else I need to know about pixie cuts? I don't even care how it looks with my face shape or anything. I realize I will probably look pretty bad, actually. But I hate my hair so much that I just want to do this!!

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Pixie Cut Advice

Post by Eastsiderider »

The cons:
1. Need for constant maintenance as short hair cut loses it's form so quickly as the hair grows
2. Gets greasy "faster" as it's more obvious when short hair is greasy
3. Dry shampoos and powders may look pretty bad when trying to mask the greasyness
4. Bangs can annoy the f out of you = you need to get accessories that look cute but also save you from bad bang day ie. nice bobby pins, scarves, headbands, hats... etc.
5. Growing the hair out is also annoying...

Pros:
1. Managing hair when exercising is easier
2. It's easier to style (if it's cut and not over grown)
3. Takes less time to dry, don't need to blow dry and usually don't need heat to style
4. Less shampoo and conditioner usage = $$$
5. I would imagine hair stays healthier
6. Overall less need for various hair products = also $$$

That's all I can think of right now :) I've had pixie cut maybe 6 years ago and it wasn't really my style, but I liked the effortlessness of it

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it, I just have to decide whether to wait until my brother's wedding is over in June or do it before.

jujubee1998
Learner
Learner

Post by jujubee1998 »

Let me just say its so worth it! I don't need to blow dry my hair anymore!!! I just dry it with a towel and put in a little bit of product on the tips of my hair before brushing it. :tu: :D
:love2: ~I don't care what you think about me, I don't think about you at all~ :love2:
- Coco chanel

Return to “Hair Care”