Has anyone had any experience with hair extensions??

Moore263
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Has anyone had any experience with hair extensions??

Post by Moore263 »

Hi guys, ive been thinking about adding some length to my hair in the form of hair extensions, I have never really had alot of experience of the permanent type of hair extensions. So i would really like to hear from anyone who has had hair extensions. Are the glues type or the one that are attached by little tiny braids better, how long before you can see the regrowth, how long do they stay in for etc... are they easy to care for?

pinkfluffyslippers
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Has anyone had any experience with hair extensions??

Post by pinkfluffyslippers »

Moore263 wrote:Hi guys, ive been thinking about adding some length to my hair in the form of hair extensions, I have never really had alot of experience of the permanent type of hair extensions. So i would really like to hear from anyone who has had hair extensions. Are the glues type or the one that are attached by little tiny braids better, how long before you can see the regrowth, how long do they stay in for etc... are they easy to care for?
I've been getting microbeads for about a year and a half now and I honestly love it. Technically the hair lasts for about 6 months, but I've used the same ones for a year and it looked fine - I do condition and take care of it like it's my job though (paid a good amount of money for it, might as well take care of it). Regrowth depends on how fast your hair regrows, but I usually get away with 8 weeks before a touchup is needed.
The biggest thing about hair extensions is that they get dry super easily - especially if you have long ones (mine are 22 inches), so you have to moisturized and treat on a pretty regular basis. Aside from that microbeads at least don't require that much attention to care.

froakingtickle
Stalker
Stalker

Post by froakingtickle »

I've tried out Bellami, proextensions, sallys, bombay hair.. and a few others. I wouldn't recommend Bellami at all, it was awful hair. The rest were okay. I finally bought extensions from a local buyer in Toronto, and those were the best, because unlike the other brands I tried, the hair was virgin which meant it was treated or dyed colours. The hair last me up to a year, whereas all the other online brands last me less than 6 months (i wore them every day) I recommend just watching a loooooot of youtube videos and reading reviews online!

BLAHscent
Learner
Learner

Post by BLAHscent »

Moore263 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:39 pm
Hi guys, ive been thinking about adding some length to my hair in the form of hair extensions, I have never really had alot of experience of the permanent type of hair extensions. So i would really like to hear from anyone who has had hair extensions. Are the glues type or the one that are attached by little tiny braids better, how long before you can see the regrowth, how long do they stay in for etc... are they easy to care for?
My fiance had microbead/ring extensions.
Like the other user said, they last for a good amount of time until retouch is needed and they do get SUPER dry.
Fiance kept hers in for about a year or 2 in total? and when she finally decided they're too much work, she removed them.
Should I say, that half of her hair came off as well? the roots were a bird's nest.. :| some of her har broke...
I'll have to also mention that it's possible for some pieces to just fall off while washing/combing the hair, or even on the street. Depending on where the hair falls and how you dispose of it, it can become a hazard for the nature since hair doesn't decompose. Birds might get entangled in it when searching for food in trash bags... Heaven forbid they swallow it..
Please do all the research you can on them. Including where the hair comes from - a lot of the natural hair for extensions comes from 3rd world countries where women are paid very little for their beautiful hair.
I'm not telling you not to get them, just to make an informed decision. ;) good luck!
I blog @ ObscureJourney.com at least monthly. I'm doing Blogmas in December = daily posts!
Please go check my other site as well, BeingObscure.com. Thank you. <3

miraj5
Stalker
Stalker

Post by miraj5 »

I have been using clip-in hair extensions for 2 years. I have great experience. Actually, Clip-in hair extensions are a temporary method of hair extensions, which means you can clip them in and out whenever you want. Clip-in hair extensions are ideal if you are looking to add length and volume to your hair.

Return to “Hair Discussion”