Best anti-dandruff shampoo

Phernic
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best anti-dandruff shampoo

Post by Phernic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 am

Hey, recently my scalp has gone really dry, flaky, sore and itchy, i remember i had a similar experience during my GCSE's when i was stressed..and have a feeling it may be a stress related response. I've also found its worse around my hairline aswell, and obviously cannot put moisturiser on it as it makes my hair greasy grrrrrr

I've tried a few anti dandruff shampoos, eg head and shoulders and loreal, but they either make the problem worse or make my hair really dull, which is annoying when you're a redhead as your hair starts to look brown and lifeless, some shampoos made it go greasy quicker

has anyone tried anything thats good, works well etc??!!!

SuperSonya
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Best anti-dandruff shampoo

Post by SuperSonya » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:44 am

Hey there, Phernic. It seems that due to stress you are now suffering from seborrheic dermatitis. Dryness, itchiness and flakes are 99% that you have it. So, if Head and Shoulders didn't help you maybe try Nizoral or Redken. You could also check this article about choosing the best solution for this problem.
:HK:

johnobrien
Stalker
Stalker

Post by johnobrien » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:32 am

Body shop ginger shampoo (for itchy scalps) it's amazing! I originally switched to it as recommended for extremely hard water, but it also shifted the dandruff I'd just been putting up with as eternally unshakeable, where nothing else had. Plus it's been fantastic for the quality of my hair. I have also very thick, wavy/curly hair, and just use normal conditioner with it, which has been fine.
short life ragdoll game

catwithbeautifulwing
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by catwithbeautifulwing » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Usual natural anti-dandruff shampoos are great.
But is it dandruff or just a dry scalp? Using the wrong product can make it worse. How often are you washing your hair? Whats your hair type? What does it feel like during the summer?

I know for me that during the winter my scalp gets flakier, but I don't have dandruff just a dry scalp so I just need to moisturize more often with like almond or jojoba oil, hair creams, etc.

ZhaZhaZhoo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ZhaZhaZhoo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:35 pm

I use Nizoral, and then after letting it sit on my scalp for 5 mins per the instructions, I use a clarifying shampoo to strip all the stupid silicones it adds to my fine hair (and most shampoos add to my fine hair). I don't use conditioner except on my ends, because otherwise my hair from my scalp down will be a grease trap with all that extra greasiness added by most shampoos and conditioners.

SwinlingIggy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SwinlingIggy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:15 am

catwithbeautifulwing wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 pm
Usual natural anti-dandruff shampoos are great.
But is it dandruff or just a dry scalp? Using the wrong product can make it worse. How often are you washing your hair? Whats your hair type? What does it feel like during the summer?

I know for me that during the winter my scalp gets flakier, but I don't have dandruff just a dry scalp so I just need to moisturize more often with like almond or jojoba oil, hair creams, etc.
how do you know the diff between them? :(

Return to “Hair Discussion”