Hair Oils

MayuYou
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hair Oils

Post by MayuYou » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:00 am

I think the best hair oils are coconut and castor.
Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, proteins, minerals. Its a very viscous oil and its hard to wash it off the hair, but that’s the only con. It works wonders on hair. Castor oil has anti-microbial properties, that will help you get rid of dandruff and other scalp issues. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid which treats scalp inflammations and diseases. Castor oil moisturizes and softens hair, maintaining the moisture level in the hair. Castor oil aids in blood circulation and therefore results in faster hair growth. Since it is moisturizing in nature, it can be used to treat dry scalp. To use, apply it well on scalp and run through the hair, leave overnight, and wash it with a mild shampoo the next day. Regular use of castor oil gives you healthy, thick, shiny, and moisturized hair.
Its the best hair oil and gives healthy, soft, and lustrous hair. Coconut oil is a natural conditioner rich in vitamin E and antioxidants which repairs damaged hair. Coconut oil is known to penetrate into hair follicles and stimulating hair growth and moisturizes dry hair. Coconut oil makes hair softer and prevents hair breakage and split ends. Also, when herbs like bhringa, brahmi, curry leaves, and other ayurvedic ingredients are added to coconut oil, it becomes a miracle oil that cures all hair issues and makes hair grow faster in a short period of time.
If you want to have such beautiful hair ( like I do for example) http://thehairstyledaily.com/25-gorgeou ... long-hair/ . Long, colored but still gorgeous. This is a dream of every woman, right?

MajesticPopcorn
Learner
Learner

Post by MajesticPopcorn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:11 am

Maybe someone can recommend me some brand oils? I have long hair and ends are a problematic (I will trim them in couple of weeks). I live in Europe, a baltic country so maybe someone knows some products with oils in them? Thank you!

sairaintheskies
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sairaintheskies » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Argan oil and sweet almond oil have been my best friends. Use a little after I wash my hair, focusing on the ends. Works wonders! :tu:

picklerick
Informer
Informer

Post by picklerick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:57 pm

What is the best way to use oils on your hair? I've bleached the crap out of mine, but I've read that oils are super beneficial. Where do I start? I've come across so much information that contradicts itself. :/
tittysprinkles

Nicole89
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Nicole89 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am

Agree with Picklerick what is the best way to use oils?

Bigbird
Learner
Learner

Post by Bigbird » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 am

I have long curly hair which I never brush or use heat on. I dry it by ‘plopping’ into a t-shirt. I use the Aussie oil just rubbed between hands and smoothed through the ends whenever it feels a bit ‘fluffy’. It’s lovely and smells nice too. I’ve also used pure coconut oil

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:27 pm

I think it depends on your hair type, I have normal (maybe more on the fine side) wavy hair and one thing I used to do wrong for ages is I put the oil on my already dry hair and it made it look greasy.

se yeah use it on wet hair, idk what brands do u have there but I'm sure you have Dove, they have a few types, or Elseve even. I honestly always choose according to which one smells best :? :D d you have the brand Balea in your country? It's super cheap and they have a hair oil smells like heaven!

i also use pure coconut oil, i put TONS of it on my dry hair, put it up and put a towel on it, leave it on for a few hours and then go wash it off. you're gonna have to shampoo 2 or 3 times cause it's greasy af.

Forevereal912
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Forevereal912 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:09 am

Castor oil is amazing!

lucyj
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lucyj » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:25 am

For hair oils I use L’Oréal Botanicals! Love it, use this one - http://www.wowfreestuff.co.uk/free-loreal-botanicals/

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:22 am

I've always been told that leaving an oil mix in your hair overnight and washing it out in the morning is the best for damaged hair, because your hair/scalp have enough time to absorb all the fatty acids and antioxidants. Your hair is dead protein and it only passively absorbs, it's not like the active absorption that your skin can do. Plus the oil keeps your hair shafts from being damaged by the swell/crack action of water absorption (for that one time that you wash your hair, at least.) You can look up articles about coconut oil protecting hair from water damage because of the lauric acid it contains, but a lot of them are older. I don't think anyone has done any recent research on it.

But I think most people only have the time or energy to put a little oil in their hair as a leave-in treatment. Which is better than nothing, I guess. There are also people who add a few drops of hair-friendly oils to their conditioner. That one never made any sense for me because the oil is just going to get washed away with your conditioner! Those seem to help a little for me, but the overnight pre-wash treatment is definitely the best imho. It's the messiest and most expensive of your options, but it works WONDERS. It's cheaper and more natural than professional hair lamination.

I like to microwave some coconut oil with a few other oils then put it in a spray bottle and really saturate my hair and scalp. Then I'll wrap everything up in a towel or whatever. It might take 2-4 shampoos the next morning to get it all out, but the results are DEFINITELY worth it!
Nobody ever considers themselves to be the villain...

Christinaparsons
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Christinaparsons » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 am

I am regularly using hair oils for different purposes and to maintain health of my hair.I use castor oil mixed with argan and coconut oil for my hair now :tu:

TJB86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TJB86 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 pm

So glad I found this thread! I was actually at the hairdresser today and she spent ages trying to sell me some expensive morrocan oil :? I use jojoba oil on my skin every day as I have mild eczema, but hadnt thought of using it in my hair. Im gonna experiment with that next. Thanks :)

sebbe
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sebbe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:13 pm

I use argan oil. but it makes my hair just shining. I don`t see other effects. coconut oil makes my hair soft^^

Return to “Hair Discussion”