Video Games!

friedpotato
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Video Games!

Post by friedpotato »

I'm pretty much a gamer, not exactly at hardcore level but I can go technically above casual. Mostly a console gamer, mainly PS3, I used to have PS1 and PS2 but I gave my PS1 away and my PS2 was stolen :( . I'm currently in a Tekken craze after they announced Tekken 7, basically a Tekken fan. Other than that, I'm into RPGs, Hack and Slash, Action-Adventure and some FPS games. Well, I love and play lots of games during my PS2 days *ahemcheapgamesahem*, I still love some of those same series like FF, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and so on but PS3 games burn my money :x I would love to buy more games and spend lots of times on them XD

husky
Informer
Informer

Post by husky »

I wish I had time to go back and play the first BioShock game. <3 Infinite looks amazing!

yotsuba
Learner
Learner

Post by yotsuba »

i have a steam account, if anybody feels inclined to add or lurk. i work a lot but im usually online.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/judybland

i also play league of legends on occasion but not as much anymore. my ign is mr spaaarkle.

i have hearthstone and diablo 3 but i hardly ever play those games. only when my friends want to see me be terrible and hate life. anyway my battle net name is thrillhouse#1409.

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

Started playing Tomb Raider for ps3 a few months ago, but I get motion sickness and haven't been inclined to play. It was not bad overall. A bit like Last of Us (which I totally love and can't wait to replay).

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

I'm playing Far Cry 4 at the moment. I love it!

CandiedYam

Post by CandiedYam »

hello vg! I am currently playing Destiny and Minecraft (360). I like playing RPGs, shooters--pretty much anything except sports games. I play a lot with my husband, and have been playing games for a large majority of my 30 years of life.

Some games I've been playing in the past year are Neverwinter (MMORPG), Tomb Raider, MGS: Revengeance, Payday 2, GTA V, Skyrim, Dark Souls 2, and the aforementioned. It's pretty much what I do when I'm not working out, watching trainwrecks on YT, or Twitch streams of Destiny at work. :)

Reine
Informer
Informer

Post by Reine »

LexiPorter wrote:I'm playing Far Cry 4 at the moment. I love it!
FC 4 really disappointed me :(

Today I picked up Gat Out of Hell. I'm expecting great things I love the Saints Row series

CansaMr

hello

Post by CansaMr »

Please, watch this vieo on youtube Click to watch youtube video Very beautiful girl

CansaMr

hello

Post by CansaMr »

Please, watch this vieo on youtube Click to watch youtube video Very beautiful girl

Reine
Informer
Informer

Post by Reine »

I've been thinking about buying the HD remaster of Resident Evil on PSN

lipstickliquor
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lipstickliquor »

I am terrible at being an up-to-date gamer. I just play old games on my PS3. Or just you know Bioshock 1 & 2 over and over again. Heh.
I really wanted to get Destiny, but I just cannot risk getting completely immersed in a game like that when I have to go to work every day. I have a super addictive personality and games like that are like crack.

My husband and I play Lego games on the WiiU because they're just good plain fun, except when they glitch every 5 minutes. -_- Currently playing The Hobbit.

Unicorns
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Unicorns »

Anyone play any MMORPGs?
I find that I can't play too many games at once, but I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and I'm still playing Maplestory from when I was still in middle school lol (college now).

PS: So glad this thread exists

CandiedYam

Post by CandiedYam »

Unicorns wrote:my PS3. Or just you know Bioshock 1 & 2 over and over again. Heh.
I really wanted to get Destiny, but I just cannot risk getting completely immersed in a game like that when I have to go to work every day. I have a super addictive personality and games like that are like crack.

My husband and I play Lego games on the WiiU because they're just good plain fun,
I play Neverwinter on occasion (I hear there's a new expansion/module soon), and I played FFXI from 2007-2013 (it's where I met my husband, actually! <3 ) I dabbled in FFXIV 1.0 when it came out, but my computer couldn't run the beta at the time, and I stopped playing when it stopped being free post-beta. I liked playing FFXIV:ARR, but my husband can't run it on his computer, and we decided to skip out on subscription games for financial reasons. I got into Maple Story (I remember it from high school! <3) I also used to play a lot of Ragnarok Online.

@lipstickliquor: yay bioshock! regarding Destiny-- for reference, I have a full-time job, I exercise, cook, and clean my home, and I maybe have time for Destiny for about 1-2 hours. I've been playing since maybe mid-late October, and I've pretty much done most of the content in the game to the point where it's just doing the same thing every week when the content resets. I think the hardest part in the game is finding competent people to do weekly stuff with. Luckily, there are plenty of fan-made matchmaking websites, because there is only matchmaking for strikes and PVP, both which generally produce horrible results. Although, myself and my husband been super lucky to find people that we're hanging out with that are nice and are super-friendly, that we play other games with besides Destiny. Oh yeah, Destiny also has its share of glitches, which are utterly rage-inducing. ^_^ Also rage-inducing is the lag in PVP. We play on the brobox360.

Lately, I've been padding my time with Minecraft, which I find way more addicting than Destiny. And I'm a pretty bad up-to-date gamer, too... I always get the urge to play games on my PS2, even, or popping on an emulator and playing old Genesis games, heh! :P

tansnowflakesyndrome
Learner
Learner

Post by tansnowflakesyndrome »

I'm so happy to have found this post :D

My husband and I are huge video game geeks. I grew up playing Nintendo up until high school where I was introduced to the world of Call of Duty 2... And then it was history from there. Currently I've been playing a lot of Little Big Planet 3, Super Smash Bros Wii U, and then whatever we feel like streaming on Twitch.

Here's just a quick list of other favorites:

Legend of Zelda series
Portal 1 and 2
Borderlands series
Pikmin 1 and 2
Call of Duty (not really hardcore, but it's fun to kill time)
Paper Mario series
Pretty much every Mario Bros game (Mario Party, Mario Kart)

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Wii U releases, especially Splatoon. And Evolve is a game I'm thinking about playing.

I saw a few people mention Destiny... My husband despises it and just from watching him playing and just knowing the background of the development of the game... It's definitely not worth the hype. Bungie just has this attitude of "Well, we created Halo so obviously everyone is going to love what we put out." The storyline is off and for being an "open world" concept... It's not very open world when you go to earth and you can only explore a part of Russia. But anyways, I'll stop ranting now.

Honestly I can go on and on about video games.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

My all-time favourties have to be the Prince of Persia series and its newer relative, the Assassin's Creed series. I've also been playing a lot of Skyrim last year, constantly downloading new mods. I've played mostly action-adventure, rpg and hack-and-slash type of games and I usually can't stand first-person shooters, but I'm trying to mend that and have a wider range of played games since I will be starting to learn how to be a game developer.
Some of the games I've played and enjoyed in the last years (apart from those that I've stated above) include Stacking, The Stanley Parable, Neverending Nightmares, Limbo, Fez, Devil May Cry 5, Brutal Legend, Trine 2 (which is a great game to play with your SO), Botanicula, Little Inferno, Don't Starve (again, a great game to play with your SO - Don't Starve Together), Minecraft Tekkit, BioShock Infinite (the only fps I really enjoyed) and Alice Madness Returns. I also love Journey and wish I owned a PS to play it. I also loved the Star Wars games, particularly Jedi Academy and Force Unleashed, the Legacy of Kain series and the Lord of the Rings games.

I remember when I was little and absolutely loved Kingdom Hearts but couldn't play it because I didn't own a PS xD I started playing games with the Harry Potter series, Enclave, Jazz the Jackrabbit (xDD) and those girly and kid games for MS-DOS for which I can't remember the names.

I used to play a lot of MMORPGs when I was in middle-school, playing games like Mu, Metin 2, Dekaron, Rohan, Forsaken World and a lot of Perfect World (I've recently started again, I always try out the new races and then slowly give up after reaching level 30-something; I don't think I'll ever play enough to reach 68 again). I've also played a lot of S4 League.

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

Reine wrote:
LexiPorter wrote:I'm playing Far Cry 4 at the moment. I love it!
FC 4 really disappointed me :(

Today I picked up Gat Out of Hell. I'm expecting great things I love the Saints Row series
I'm enjoying the hell out of FC4. I absolutely love the story and there is so much to explore. I'd say it's even better than the 3rd one, even though the guys were hotter in that one. xD

Saints Row is dead to me. I can't believe what they've done to that franchise. Aliens?! Seriously?!

Reine
Informer
Informer

Post by Reine »

FC3 was my first experience of the series but I have to admit I didn't give my all to the lastest installment, maybe I need to sit down and give it another chance *shrug*

I got a Vita last week and am playing Tales of Hearts r and so far really enjoying it (big RPG nerd here :giggle: ) . Also I got a physical copy of the remastered Resident Evil for my PS3 today :ele:

Kinzie Kensington
Informer
Informer

Post by Kinzie Kensington »

Did any of you play the new game Life Is Strange? It's incredible so far, very Telltale-esque.

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

Jane Boleyn wrote:Did any of you play the new game Life Is Strange? It's incredible so far, very Telltale-esque.
Except it's much better than all of Telltale games combined. xD

CandiedYam

Post by CandiedYam »

my hubby told me about this game called Wander, and I can't wait for it to come out.

anyone else ever hear of this game? I'm out of the loop, as always.

Return to “Games”