Dull Dottie & her farm hick: coming to the big city P6.

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Dull Dottie & her farm hick: coming to the big city P6.

Post by space_cadet »

meg1912 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:48 pm
Not sure if you guys remember from the vlogs, but there was this guy called Jeff, who was a friend of Kevin and I think they stayed at his place in SF when they were looking for places to live. The screenshot I posted earlier totally reminded me of him! I remember he was really funny and totally seemed to have a crush on Datev. I wonder if it's him! Image
WHOA!!!! That would be CRAZY!!! Wasn't he Kevin's best friend from his hometown???

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

Looks like Jeff deleted or changed his IG...I'm guessing you are correct. Probably why she's been hiding it for so long.

beachy
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by beachy »

Jeff is still on Instagram: https://instagram.com/m0stjeffinitely

I don’t think it’s him. He looks more tan and more buff than Jeff did. Jeff is not as big as this guy seems. And his hands look different. Image

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

beachy wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:50 am
Jeff is still on Instagram: https://instagram.com/m0stjeffinitely

I don’t think it’s him. He looks more tan and more buff than Jeff did. Jeff is not as big as this guy seems. And his hands look different. Image
Yeah, it appears he's had a girlfriend (not Datev) for a long time.

I'm still curious about the new guy!! She's never mentioned breaking up with Kevin, so I bet most of her followers don't know he's been gone for like a year or longer.

Miss Sunshine
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Miss Sunshine »

Mutual breakup? Both Hannah and Datev still follow Kevin on IG

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

They were in Key West for her Dad's birthday so honestly I wonder if the guy was her brother maybe? He was never a fan of being on camera, so that could explain the no-face shot too

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

mg95 wrote:They were in Key West for her Dad's birthday so honestly I wonder if the guy was her brother maybe? He was never a fan of being on camera, so that could explain the no-face shot too
Her brother doesn’t have a full beard and mustache like that.

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

mg95 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:07 pm
They were in Key West for her Dad's birthday so honestly I wonder if the guy was her brother maybe? He was never a fan of being on camera, so that could explain the no-face shot too
I'm pretty sure they were in Sarasota for her dad's b-day. The party appeared to be in Hannah's parents' backyard. And the pic of the guy was in Siesta Key, which is right across the Ringling Bridge from Sarasota (and close to her parents' condo). She and the guy appeared to go by themselves for a day or two to Key West (probably on the Key West Express from Fort Myers Beach). Her family didn't appear to go with them.

Anyway, someone was with her in Key West, but it wasn't her brother. It's definitely a new boyfriend.

jjbjjbh
Informer
Informer

Post by jjbjjbh »

I used to like Datev when she and Alli Speed would go on travel adventures.
After she moved to Nevada and started mooching off of Kevin's parents I started really developing a disdain for her. I feel so bad for the Mcccues.
She totally took advantage of Kevin and his well-meaning parents. Poor Kevin. She endeared herself to his family, became a full-fledged member of their family, lived in their home almost like a daughter-in-law-to-be! She probably led Kevin on, making him and The Mccues believe they had a future together, so much so they even transformed their shed into her tiny cottage.

Neither Kevin nor the Mccues were anywhere at the same level as Datev and her family. They were simpletons, hillbillies compared to the Gallaghers. Personality-wise,Intellectually, socio-economically, culturally, educationally, and in many other aspects they were poles apart. I always wondered what an urbane, sophisticated girl like Datev saw in Kevin. But she obviously had the upper hand in their relationship..... she had Kevin(and his parents) dancing to her every little tune, buying sheep, planting lavender farms and what not.

After all the trouble the Mccues went to, Datev barely lived in that "tiny home" for a year before hightailing it to San Francisco and taking Kevin with her. Once there, datev completely disappeared from Youtube overnight, without so much as a goodbye or explanation to her followers who had faithfully supported her for many years. In San Francisco Datev was back in her familiar urban environments, with a nice steady job and poor Kevin was like a fish out of water, relegated to working at Starbucks, catering to her whims and living life on Datev's terms. She continued to use Kevin and his family, going with them on vacations and such, stringing them along. Once settled in San Francisco, the disparity in their outlooks and backgrounds probably caught up with them and she decided to dump Kevin.

Datev uprooted Kevin from Nevada, disrupted his educational goals, distanced him from his loving family, all for purely selfish reasons. I am sure she probably never intended marrying Kevin and never saw any long term prospects for their future together. It was all just a temporary thing for her right from the get go. Kevin ended up with 5-6 years of his life wasted on Datev.

Datev has now resurfaced on social media, probably with a new boyfriend, leaving Kevin in the Nevada dust. I knew something was up with her when she started posting so often on instastories recently. STILL no explanation why she disappeared so abruptly and stopped vlogging. Hope her admirers don't fall into her trap and start giving her views if and when she starts vlogging again. She doesn't deserve loyalty.

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

jjbjjbh wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:36 am
I used to like Datev when she and Alli Speed would go on travel adventures.
After she moved to Nevada and started mooching off of Kevin's parents I started really developing a disdain for her. I feel so bad for the Mcccues.
She totally took advantage of Kevin and his well-meaning parents. Poor Kevin. She endeared herself to his family, became a full-fledged member of their family, lived in their home almost like a daughter-in-law-to-be! She probably led Kevin on, making him and The Mccues believe they had a future together, so much so they even transformed their shed into her tiny cottage.

Neither Kevin nor the Mccues were anywhere at the same level as Datev and her family. They were simpletons, hillbillies compared to the Gallaghers. Personality-wise,Intellectually, socio-economically, culturally, educationally, and in many other aspects they were poles apart. I always wondered what an urbane, sophisticated girl like Datev saw in Kevin. But she obviously had the upper hand in their relationship..... she had Kevin(and his parents) dancing to her every little tune, buying sheep, planting lavender farms and what not.

After all the trouble the Mccues went to, Datev barely lived in that "tiny home" for a year before hightailing it to San Francisco and taking Kevin with her. Once there, datev completely disappeared from Youtube overnight, without so much as a goodbye or explanation to her followers who had faithfully supported her for many years. In San Francisco Datev was back in her familiar urban environments, with a nice steady job and poor Kevin was like a fish out of water, relegated to working at Starbucks, catering to her whims and living life on Datev's terms. She continued to use Kevin and his family, going with them on vacations and such, stringing them along. Once settled in San Francisco, the disparity in their outlooks and backgrounds probably caught up with them and she decided to dump Kevin.

Datev uprooted Kevin from Nevada, disrupted his educational goals, distanced him from his loving family, all for purely selfish reasons. I am sure she probably never intended marrying Kevin and never saw any long term prospects for their future together. It was all just a temporary thing for her right from the get go. Kevin ended up with 5-6 years of his life wasted on Datev.

Datev has now resurfaced on social media, probably with a new boyfriend, leaving Kevin in the Nevada dust. I knew something was up with her when she started posting so often on instastories recently. STILL no explanation why she disappeared so abruptly and stopped vlogging. Hope her admirers don't fall into her trap and start giving her views if and when she starts vlogging again. She doesn't deserve loyalty.
To be fair, Kevin pretty much flunked out of grad school. He said that himself. Plus, isn't his family part of the Body Glove owners' family and there have been hints that his mom has some big chunk of $$$$ from that. While the McCues are more simple/casual (west coast people tend to be), they do have a good lifestyle and it's relatively the similar to the Gallaghers—just different.

People seem to forget Datev's dad was unemployed for YEARS and had to become her school's principal because he couldn't find work during the recession. Remember when they had just one super-old car and it always broke down? Hannah's parents, on the other hand, seem TOTALLY loaded!

That being said, I think Kevin was a rebound "boyfriend" that lasted YEARS too long.

I would not be surprised if the new BF is some super-rich Silicon Valley type.

ChemoSobby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ChemoSobby »

Kevin was literally an internet stalker who managed to get Datev to meet up with him and finally date and live with him. One of her vlogs from several years back shows her doing a mail vlog and Kevin had sent her something and she mentions his name just like she would any other fan--they clearly didn't know each other at that time but eventually he apparently muscled his way into her life for real and they ended up together. Kevin was not being taken advantage of by Datev, she was a naive dolt who let an obsessed fan into her life and she ended up stuck with him for years because of it. Also, while it does appear that Datev's family is far more sophisticated than Kevin's, it seems clear that his parents actually have far more money. They aren't showy people but it was stated that they had sold a house they owned in California for a fair amount of money and were living very comfortably in Nevada with the proceeds, as well as there possibly being a connection to Body Glove money as well. I'm glad Datev is finally free of Kevin--he seemed utterly worthless and I think he took advantage of her simple-mindedness.
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

jjbjjbh
Informer
Informer

Post by jjbjjbh »

NOthing simple-minded about Datev.Datev is a user, plain and simple. Datev could and should have just left Nevada any time she wanted to. But she didn't. Kevin may have initially stalked her and "muscled his way into her life" (LOL. The notion of Kevin "muscling" his way into ANYTHING is beyond hilarious). But No one forced her to stick around in Nevada.

Yes, Kevin's family is/was financially very comfortable and Datev Knew it. Which is why she stuck around. Datev was barely making any money from her vlogs at that point. She had some Youtube following, but that was hardly enough for her to live the kind of lifestyle she wanted(carefree life,daily espresso/cappuccino at quaint little cafes, pastries, music concerts, vacations, no responsibilities). In hillbilly Kevin she saw an ardent, devoted and willing fan/boyfriend/victim she could manipulate/use for a while until she found better prospects. She got to live practically rent-free for several years thanks to the McCue's generosity and hospitality.She was the one who wormed her way into their home and lives, only to abandon them and dump Kevin when she no longer needed them.

Sure Kevin was enamored with Datev, not unlike hundreds of young male fans crushing after her and trying to be her boyfriend. .... she was pretty, worldly, urbane, educated,semi-famous.... My point is, what was in it for Datev? Would Datev have even looked at Kevin or continued to be with him for as long as she did if she didn't get all the benefits of living in a nice regular home,have a ready-made family that indulged her desires(veg garden, cooking in a nicely equipped kitchen,"tiny home", goats)? Datev was enjoying all the perks with none of the responsibilities. Datev didn't have to move in with him, nor did she have to continue being his girlfriend. She did it purely for selfish reasons. It was so obvious to all of us watching Datev didn't even love him all that much. One rarely saw much demonstrable affection from her toward him. Seemed more like an arrangement rather than a couple in love.

Between them, certainly Kevin was the "naive", trusting, simpleton, unsophisticated one. Datev didn't need to be "ended up stuck with him for years" at all. She had her hoity toity family, her longtime childhood friends, her social circle all ready and waiting for her with open arms in Florida.
Agree, Kevin seemed "utterly worthless" to all of us watching their lives, but for narcissistic Datev he certainly served a very useful purpose. For many years.

ChemoSobby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ChemoSobby »

Your interpretation is as likely as any other, but everything I ever saw in regards to Datev showed me a very spoiled, naive girl who may well have been a user but it was because of her being spoiled that she used both Kevin and his family. She really had no clue that people don't just jet around the world when they have no jobs and I hope that the few years she spent leeching off the McCues made her realize that she had to take responsibility for herself and maybe that's what she's finally doing. I don't disagree that she used Kevin and his family but I believe it was because she was completely clueless about how the real world worked rather than any malicious intent to take advantage. All she knew was doing what she wanted while others footed the bill because she was never taught any responsibility or work ethic. She seems to have been able to hold down a job for a few years now so let's hope that she's grown up and has taken charge of her life instead of floating about expecting others to take care of her, or if she's still trying to be taken care of at least she may have figured out that she needs to pick a guy with his own money.
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

Kevin was a weirdo...but he met her through Hannah (and Kara?) in Spain because he did a study abroad program with them and Datev came to visit. There are videos of their first encounters in San Sebastian. He did send her that rando letter, but they'd totally already met and hung out.

Hannah was definitely the instigator in getting them together. I think Dot was dating that other guy at the time and only turned to Kevin after that other guy dumped her.

ChemoSobby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ChemoSobby »

Okay, that makes more sense than him just being a fan who'd never met her before yet managed to insert himself into her life. He always seemed far more into her than she was into him so she may well have only stuck around as long as she did because she thought he and his family could fund her lifestyle, but I still think she was very naive and possibly at a point where she thought she couldn't do any better so she stuck it out for far longer than she should have.

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

Yeah, he was DEF way more into her than she was into him. They never seemed to have anything in common.

Here's the video where they first "met" but she really doesn't feature him at all...he's just there. Funny to see them SOOOOOO young! (And Jeff is also there.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRiPRT7f5-s

Miss Sunshine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Miss Sunshine »

I think Datev showed a pic of her new boyfriend on ig

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Miss Sunshine wrote:I think Datev showed a pic of her new boyfriend on ig
Well well, she sure did! Thanks for the heads up as I was so curious! ImageImageImage

Ihatewatch89
Informer
Informer

Post by Ihatewatch89 »

On that note, Kevin showed his new gf on his feed as well.

space_cadet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by space_cadet »

Ihatewatch89 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm
On that note, Kevin showed his new gf on his feed as well.
WHOA! She looks a lot like Dot ... and is that some sort of engagement ring she's wearing??? Looks like it.
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 8.51.56 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Alli Speed & Associated”