Alli "Gave Birth to a Beetle" Speed part 9

2shotscoffee
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alli

Post by 2shotscoffee »

Oh my goodness. as someone who has taken in a pup and raised it with love that really tugs at the heart strings! <3

SuperLurker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SuperLurker »

ewokfan11 wrote:^^ Wow! Me too! I'm guessing the comments about feeling "discarded" and "having shit luck" were probably about Charles.

Thanks for posting that! :)
Yeah, I felt like she was referencing how she felt she was treated by Charles too. I'm so glad that Chico came at the right time for her.

I do think she's in a weird limbo of not knowing really what she wants to do or where things will be with Chase. I think she's going through a really rough time in life. She has it a lot better than most people in a nice home with a nice car, etc., but the looming feeling of "Now what?" can be really heavy. I think she feels things very deeply as was shown in that video, and I hope she pulls through.

beaniegirl
Learner
Learner

Post by beaniegirl »

Haven't posted in a while as, admittedly, I haven't really kept up on the vlogs, but I know I haven't missed much. I think, regardless of what she decides, I'd much rather see her post less and deal with her shit offline, personally, like a healthy person, than project some sort of EVERYTHING'S GREAT image or, conversely, fall apart on-screen. Not taking a jab, but the full tilt of Charles's channel to his happiness and pushing a certain persona just started to grate on me. I'm glad his health is stable, but I don't care much more than that. Alternatively, I feel more empathy towards Alli, maybe because I'm also female, around the same age, but I do think, despite the lack of interest in her channel, she's at least not being phony, pretentious, or sponsored every twenty seconds. Maybe I'm also over the whole Youtube thing though. I mean, even if she started posting up again, I generally don't really check for Youtubers anymore. And haven't really in years.

SuperLurker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SuperLurker »

beaniegirl wrote:Haven't posted in a while as, admittedly, I haven't really kept up on the vlogs, but I know I haven't missed much. I think, regardless of what she decides, I'd much rather see her post less and deal with her shit offline, personally, like a healthy person, than project some sort of EVERYTHING'S GREAT image or, conversely, fall apart on-screen. Not taking a jab, but the full tilt of Charles's channel to his happiness and pushing a certain persona just started to grate on me. I'm glad his health is stable, but I don't care much more than that. Alternatively, I feel more empathy towards Alli, maybe because I'm also female, around the same age, but I do think, despite the lack of interest in her channel, she's at least not being phony, pretentious, or sponsored every twenty seconds. Maybe I'm also over the whole Youtube thing though. I mean, even if she started posting up again, I generally don't really check for Youtubers anymore. And haven't really in years.
Absolutely agree with you. I don't buy the happiness and rainbows that Charles' channel is shitting out too.

I too feel quite a bit of empathy towards Alli. I think their marriage was a mistake to begin with, but how quickly she was replaced in Charles' personal life and on the channel must've definitely felt like she was being 'discarded'.

She still has a lot of time to figure out what she wants to do with herself, but I can empathize with how scary uncertainty can feel like. Maybe she'll pull a ladiedottie and ghost herself from YouTube and join the real world by going back to school or doing something else entirely.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

I found Alli's reply to some girl on twitter on the handicap parking picture was rude af. The girl said she didn't see the handicapped tag and Alli's response was "Yes you did, you're trying to start something" (I paraphrased). If you go to the girl's profile it says she lives in Ireland and I'm pretty sure their handicapped tags don't look the same as US ones. I know it's not a big deal but I thought it was rude.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

oceanic wrote:I found Alli's reply to some girl on twitter on the handicap parking picture was rude af. The girl said she didn't see the handicapped tag and Alli's response was "Yes you did, you're trying to start something" (I paraphrased). If you go to the girl's profile it says she lives in Ireland and I'm pretty sure their handicapped tags don't look the same as US ones. I know it's not a big deal but I thought it was rude.
Not only that, but even noticing the handicapped tag, it makes it seems like Alli is making fun of handicapped people a little :?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Yep, that was pretty crappy of Alli to post that. Sounds like she was at a doctor's office at the time, so maybe someone had an emergency. Plus, WHO CARES. She's parking at some suburban parking lot. I'm sure there are plenty of spaces.

I'm quickly losing respect for her.

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dixen »

kayuhsee wrote:
oceanic wrote:I found Alli's reply to some girl on twitter on the handicap parking picture was rude af. The girl said she didn't see the handicapped tag and Alli's response was "Yes you did, you're trying to start something" (I paraphrased). If you go to the girl's profile it says she lives in Ireland and I'm pretty sure their handicapped tags don't look the same as US ones. I know it's not a big deal but I thought it was rude.
Not only that, but even noticing the handicapped tag, it makes it seems like Alli is making fun of handicapped people a little :?
I personally dont find it strange that she noticed it and dont see it as making fun of them. I always make sure that I dont park my car where there is a handicapped sign/tag. But of course the girl might have missed it like she said and therefore no reason for Alli to make a big deal out of it.

jerryknowsbob
Informer
Informer

Post by jerryknowsbob »

twitter misunderstanding that ends in an apology, is it really a big deal

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

It sort of seems like Alli is having a bit of a breakdown lately.

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

wtf.. i didn't see the sign either. is it hanging from the rearview? it's hard to see. i unsubbed and unfollowed alli a while ago, so i have only kept up with her through this site. it seems like she's on edge, though.. i don't remember her being so snarky.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

letmetellyou wrote:wtf.. i didn't see the sign either. is it hanging from the rearview? it's hard to see. i unsubbed and unfollowed alli a while ago, so i have only kept up with her through this site. it seems like she's on edge, though.. i don't remember her being so snarky.
It was the blue painted lines and the handicap symbol on the pavement on the right hand side of the picture.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Oh, I was looking for something in the window of the car as it seems many were. This kind of behaviour seems so unlike the usually calm and respectful Alli though...

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

horatio wrote:Oh, I was looking for something in the window of the car as it seems many were. This kind of behaviour seems so unlike the usually calm and respectful Alli though...
There's a hang tag in the car too. It's just kind of hard to see cause of the angle and lighting.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

She might as well quit YT. Her content is just crap now. A 52-second video of Chico looking at a grasshopper is content??? I don't watch her Twitch streams, but I really do wonder what she does all day now that YT is never a priority.

2shotscoffee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 2shotscoffee »

ewokfan11 wrote:She might as well quit YT. Her content is just crap now. A 52-second video of Chico looking at a grasshopper is content??? I don't watch her Twitch streams, but I really do wonder what she does all day now that YT is never a priority.
I don't normally watch her twitch streams either (boring), but I tuned in for a bit the other night cause I had nothing else to do and she specifically said she felt really lucky to do twitch as an "auxiliary" to her job as a YT creator. I thought that was incorrect use of that word considering she twitch streams way more than she uploads and seems way more invested in it than she has in YT in months.

galaxy_stars
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by galaxy_stars »

ewokfan11 wrote:She might as well quit YT. Her content is just crap now. A 52-second video of Chico looking at a grasshopper is content??? I don't watch her Twitch streams, but I really do wonder what she does all day now that YT is never a priority.
I LOLed when I saw the title. Definitely unsubbed, should have done it earlier. At least datev left her channel cold turkey instead of posting shit content and pretending to still be a "youtuber". Still am shocked datev managed to apparently have a more interesting life in the city than Alli.

insatiablestars
Stalker
Stalker

Post by insatiablestars »

Obligatory "I've been lurking since before the ctfxc split" blah blah blah.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that something just seems off with her, especially with Chase. It very well might be his personality that he just doesn't emote quite as much as she does, but I dunno. I feel like they're both coming to the realization that the relationship might not be as solid as they once thought. Makes me sad; I loved seeing her so happy.

Does anyone else watch the twitch streams? I pop in when I can, but a few weeks ago she did snap at someone in the chat (much like the handicap sign snap), where someone asked her "Why is your username 'FeralWife'? I thought you weren't married?" Now obviously, I know she had every right to assume this was a troll, but she went OFF on this guy. "Why can't I just pick a name that doesn't have to be what I am? Lots of people choose usernames that aren't true to what they are. Do you think MagicCat123 (making up the username here obvi) is actually a cat? Do you think that Cupcakes73 is an actual cupcake? No. So I can be a FeralWife and I should have to ask me why." I was sitting there thinking to myself like "uh...cats and wives...Most people can assume a cat isn't in chat, but I think when most people see 'wife' they're going to assume that you're married. I'm not sure that argument really holds up well, Alli." lol. Turns out he was legitimately asking, and she did apologize. I get that constantly being reminded about Charles can be annoying, but as someone who is on her streams a lot, I can't really remember the last time anyone has brought it up. She could have easily just ignored it or said "Yeah it was my xbox gamertag when I was married and I just kept it for continuity across gaming platforms." That same stream she went off on someone who asked whether she liked her hair long or short. I know being a woman on twitch can sometimes get degrading, and maybe she was just having a bad day, but it did throw me off a bit. This isn't the Alli that we know. :/

2shotscoffee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 2shotscoffee »

Wow, I feel like lately whenever shes had a bad day she lashes out at any little thing. Like that same day she went off on the girl who didn't notice the handicapped sign in the car, she also tweeted that she was having a horrible day. To me it honestly seemed like she only did that because she was in a bad mood.
[tweet][/tweet]

Also, I was totally wondering why that was her username. In my opinion it's unfair and immature to not expect people to wonder why the hell your username is 'FeralWife'! When I first saw that I almost asked what it was because I thought it might be a videogame reference...glad I didn't. And really, angry because someone asked if you like your hair short or long? As a woman I don't find that offensive at all?? And honestly I would ask a male that same question..
I know what you mean about her past being a hot button topic with her. A week or so back when I tuned in shortly for a stream, someone had commented something along the lines of "Don't talk about your past? Lets! ;) J/K" in reference to her first rule on the page being "NO talk about my past-- we all know it happened. Let's move on." She replied saying "seriously, don't. I know you're joking but when you say shit like that people will start saying things." (not verbatim, obvi.) I understand where she's coming from in this situation, but the smarter move would have been to not acknowledge the comment at all. The person who said it apologized, I almost got the feeling that they didn't know her from youtube and that's why they commented on what probably seems like an odd rule for someone with no previous knowledge of her life.
I feel like my criticisms in this forum give the impression that I don't like her, but I really do. But as someone who enjoyed her content before, I can feel a change in her mood and therefore her videos, and I don't like it. I feel like when you've been watching someone for a long time, your patience for their BS wears a little thin.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

I feel like she's been upset or on-edge for about six months, and I do think it's about Chase. He was totally a rebound from Charles (remember they got back together about June 2014, so only two months after the divorce split), and I really don't think they want the same lifestyle.

I've mentioned this before, but I really think Chase likes Korea and doesn't want to move to suburban Florida to move in with Alli and play house, which is obviously what Alli wants. Hasn't he been living there like eight years?? Why give up his school and work in Korea to move to Florida and do nothing with Alli all day??

Return to “Alli Speed & Associated”