Ladiedottie

interrobang
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ladiedottie

Post by interrobang »

I don't know, Maybe I'm just extremely inclined to being independent, but it seems like Kevin and dot are together ALL the time. I mean when you live with your SO you spend a lot of time together, especially since none of them have jobs, but It would drive me nuts if I couldnt go for a damn walk alone every once in a while, or maybe sit my myself and read or watch videos on youtube or whatever,but maybe they just depend on each other more. I don't necessarily dislike Kevin, but he just seems so clingy and weird... I mean I love my current SO, but it would drive me crazy if I couldn't have a bit of time just to be with myself and my own thoughts without the company of someone else.

Are they really gonna live in that one bedroom shack? :? :( :| Yikes...

OhShit
Talker
Talker

Post by OhShit »

noo_tro wrote:My main concern for datev is that her sole reason for being in reno is kevin. If they break up then what?
Shes surely not going to stay there especially on his parents property. If they have a nasty break up is she going to stay at a hotel until she sorts herself out. She has no independence from kevin, she cant even just go for a drive alone or hang out with friends because they are all kevins friends and family. I highly doubt kevin would give up his life to move to florida with datev and if he did he would be miserable and complain everyday.

I just feel like she gives a lot up for their relationship to work and that may be fine now, but if she doesnt get her own friends and find her own life in reno without kevin, i think it will start to cause problems for them.
The main point im trying to make is that if they break up she will lose her home, her/ kevins friends and family and her job will even be affected. (I feel like kevin may think that he has some ownership over the vlogs now with him and his family being so prominent in the vlogs and tgikev.)While on the other hand kevin will just chill in his tiny home/bachelor pad and move on.

I would love to know what her parents think about this whole thing but they probably dont ever get to talk to her without kevin around. I understand moving to be with your SO but still have your own life. Get to know some people outside of kevins circle.
I completely agree with what you're saying here. I see Datev not really doing anything productive with her degree and it makes me a little sad because I love what I do as an undergrad and I could sense that passion in her when I first started watching her vlogs. I do think that she seems to be putting off her progression by staying in reno with kev and not using her super flexible schedule to be productive. I don't blame kev for that, though. In fact, I think she may be discouraged by a lack of success out in California- she seemed to think that was where she was going to find a lot of opportunity.

Now I'm gonna get technical:
For people with art degrees, especially filmmaking, establishing yourself within that artistic community if very crucial to success. Filming productions typically take many people, even the smaller productions, and networking while she was in school would've helped her tremendously when it comes to needing help from people who actually know what they are doing. The more people you work with, the more likely you are to be recommended by them when they are aware of others who need help and the more contacts you will have when you yourself need help. ( As an example: For me as a ceramicist, doing group exhibitions gets my name out there without the responsibility of setting up an entire exhibition myself. And the people I choose to exhibit my work with are people I would like to be associated with. If they find success sooner than I do, name dropping could come in handy. But the experience of multiple group exhibitions will help when the opportunity to do my own comes along later. It also builds my CV, which is very important for reputation.)
I mean- what ever happened with the secret project she and Allison were working on? With skype and google hangout I don't see why they haven't been working on that. I was also very disappointed in her roadtrip vlogs, she seriously missed out on an amazing opportunity to create something fantastic.. Using her vlogging camera for behind the scenes footage instead of documenting the trip with it. I can't help but imagine what KickthePJ and Jamie Swarbrick would've done with that. PJ especially is a perfect example of how to use YouTube as a platform to continue working after completing a film production degree.
And the channel she and Kev set up: The List? That is a decent idea for a series that she could've done with the road trip opportunity. She isnt a successful enough vlogger to continue using it as her sole income, she really needs to get to work if she plans on doing something with her degree at all. Now if she would just hire me as her motivational speaker.. I'd do that work for free.

OhShit
Talker
Talker

Post by OhShit »

interrobang wrote:I don't know, Maybe I'm just extremely inclined to being independent, but it seems like Kevin and dot are together ALL the time. I mean when you live with your SO you spend a lot of time together, especially since none of them have jobs, but It would drive me nuts if I couldnt go for a damn walk alone every once in a while, or maybe sit my myself and read or watch videos on youtube or whatever,but maybe they just depend on each other more. I don't necessarily dislike Kevin, but he just seems so clingy and weird... I mean I love my current SO, but it would drive me crazy if I couldn't have a bit of time just to be with myself and my own thoughts without the company of someone else.

Are they really gonna live in that one bedroom shack? :? :( :| Yikes...
I read that initially as "shit by myself and read or watch YouTube or whatever" I was like, preach! It's been so long since I've had any "serious" relationship that I couldn't behave like they do if I were to jump in on one now. I'm far too busy for that close of a relationship with the 60+ hours I spend away from home a week. She has probably found comfort in his company as a distraction from her lack of success as a filmmaker. And I wouldnt say the house they live in now is much of a step up from their tiny heaven (that they will probably only sleep in considering there is a huge house 10 ft away..). They say its practice for building another more sustainable one later on, but I don't see that actually ever happening. I love kev and dot, but I think he has always been aware that he may be holding her back (and she by staying with him)- The california song she used as her outro for a long time comes to mind even though it was about sam and chelsea (and look at how that turned out)

Sorry for the double post

Rez
Debater
Debater

Post by Rez »

75Wawa wrote:Kev has no job so vlogging is their 'job'...
He doesn't? I thought he did... though what it was I have nfi. But was he fired/quit recently?

OhShit
Talker
Talker

Post by OhShit »

Rez wrote:
He doesn't? I thought he did... though what it was I have nfi. But was he fired/quit recently?
It was a seasonal type of job, I believe. Doesn't seem like he's working now that it has ended. They did do some traveling afterwords and maybe he is looking for a job/better graduate program at the moment. They don't really discuss this stuff, which I can mostly understand, but I think if Kev talked about his new plans for grad school he could help a lot of people who watch the vlogs and maybe they could help him too.

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

OhShit wrote:And the channel she and Kev set up: The List? That is a decent idea for a series that she could've done with the road trip opportunity. She isnt a successful enough vlogger to continue using it as her sole income, she really needs to get to work if she plans on doing something with her degree at all. Now if she would just hire me as her motivational speaker.. I'd do that work for free.
Thank you for mentioning that! I didn't know about that project. The channel trailer is really beautiful.

[youtube][/youtube]

Does anyone remember when they did the west coast road trip? I really want to watch those videos but her attention whore-y titles (which I haaaaate) make it so hard to find things.

emilyyyy
Informer
Informer

Post by emilyyyy »

allegedly wrote: Thank you for mentioning that! I didn't know about that project. The channel trailer is really beautiful.

[youtube][/youtube]

Does anyone remember when they did the west coast road trip? I really want to watch those videos but her attention whore-y titles (which I haaaaate) make it so hard to find things.
oh my god I just read that as "attention whore-y titties" instead of titles omgggg

and this is the first road trip vlog!
[youtube][/youtube]

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by CowGoesMeow »

Rez wrote:
He worked for ONE month! =]
http://www.renoisartown.com/about/board-staff/

PS:
I have a feeling that Dot is stressed because her subbies dropped.
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

Rez
Debater
Debater

Post by Rez »

75Wawa wrote:I have a feeling that Dot is stressed because her subbies dropped.
I can somewhat relate YT'rs to sales people... your monthly sales go down, sure, you're gonna be a bit worried. If it keeps happening month after month, you're not only losing money, but confidence.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Rez wrote:
I can somewhat relate YT'rs to sales people... your monthly sales go down, sure, you're gonna be a bit worried. If it keeps happening month after month, you're not only losing money, but confidence.
I agree with this 100%. I don't think that she's making a wise move in adding a title screen that says, "Datev and Kevin". I will still watch because I really enjoy her view on nature and whatnot, but if Kev becomes even more prominent in the videos I might have to bow out.

BlownSave
Learner
Learner

Post by BlownSave »

o_O wrote:
Rez wrote:
I agree with this 100%. I don't think that she's making a wise move in adding a title screen that says, "Datev and Kevin". I will still watch because I really enjoy her view on nature and whatnot, but if Kev becomes even more prominent in the videos I might have to bow out.
There should be a feedback section so as to give feedback as to why you subscribe

madaronincheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by madaronincheese »

YES. I wanna tell her so bad to put less Kevin and what aspects of the vlog I like. I subscribed because she has a film background and it makes her shots more artsy and the whole thing just seem cooler. Then Kevin shows up tryin to be my uncle and I'm like whoa gtfo of the clip. :x

Rez
Debater
Debater

Post by Rez »

Cutting Kevin out would be a bad idea, imo. At least Kev gives her someone to riff off of. She's not exactly high excitement at the moment, so I think without Kev... the clips would be fairly... sleep inducing.

cookie_crumble 22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cookie_crumble 22 »

I don't think she should cut Kevin out completely,I mean he is her boyfriend and whatnot but he's taken over the vlogs/comment section. The tgiKev thing was cool like twice but after that I was sick of it.

I wish I could say that in the comments but then they would take it the wrong way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

I don't mind Kev in moderation but he needs to stop jumping into frame every time Dot turns on the camera. He's such an annoying child sometimes.

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by A_L_M »

Maybe I heard wrong, but I thought the food with Dottie was going to be with Kevin's mom.

hobra-codobra
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hobra-codobra »

Yeah Kev was filming outside and he definitely said cooking with cocoa. I think it's interesting how Dot always uses the possesive...cooking in our garden, and doesn't really seem to give any credit gardening as being family effort. I can't blame Dot for being stressed, they are taking on a big project with the tiny heaven, she lives in Kevin's family house and relies on him for transportation. It's kind of easy to knock him for being attention-y, but maybe in real life she doesn't give him enough credit for all the things he does for her. That clip of her throwing three dollars on the drivers seat for him to buy her chocolate...ugh. She acts like a brat and she knows it. They both need to grow up, in different ways.

tekkie38115
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tekkie38115 »

I fail to see the need for calling Friday's TGIKev since he seems to be the majority of the vlogs lately anyway!!

cookie_crumble 22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cookie_crumble 22 »

I just realized Dot's new intro is a little similar to Rhett & Link's Good Mythical Morning show. ImageImage

(Not exactly identical,I know. I just thought I'd share. Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if_i_were_awesome
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by if_i_were_awesome »

Totally different subject but.. Why does Emmit talk like that? It seems a bit delayed for a kid his age, he should really be 100% intelligible to strangers....
He seems like a super sweet and intelligent kid, I hope he's getting appropriate attention for it.
That's all, I've pretty much stopped watching because "uncle Kev" is more than I can stomach on most days. Kinda hope they break up so Dot can lose her security blanket and moves on to doing awesome things with her life.

Return to “Alli Speed & Associated”