Ladiedottie

ddcb09
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ladiedottie

Post by ddcb09 »

They'll probably put in a composting toilet (I think that's what it's called). I like watching tiny home videos on youtube and most of them have that and they throw sawdust or something in after it.

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

Kevin is so sweet with Emmitt. I think that's the thing that stops me from totally disliking him, lol.

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

Composting toilets are SOOOOOOOO gross. My ancestors did not struggle through billions of years of evolution so I could poop in a bucket, goddammit.

noo_tro
Debater
Debater

Post by noo_tro »

I like kelly because I don't feel like she puts on a show for the camera, she's just herself and I can respect that. Emmit? is just too cute. He seems like such a nice kid, props to Kelly and her parents. Kevin is good with him too, I can't deny that.

Overall I feel like datev will stick it out with Kevin in Reno unless she is forced to leave. She seems like she wants to prove something to the haters, her family and her friends. "Look guys moving to reno was the best thing that ever happened to me, I'm not making a mistake, things are great." She seems happy enough for now but I just can't see a future for her in kevins parents yard. There is nothing wrong with staying with your parents and saving up for your own place,but when you can afford your own place and you move back in to "live in a tiny heaven (with your girlfriend), you need to ask yourself if that's not a step backward. What was the point of getting an apartment in the first place?

Not trying to be rude but kevin needs to get a job. Does he have some trust fund that we don't know about, maybe he inherited money at some point in his life, idk. Mooching off Datev's paycheck while, the both of them mooch off kevins parents is kind of sad. I get the feeling that datev is the one convincing him that he doesn't need to work and that it's their vlogs so that she won't be alone. Also I think she's pushing the "datev and kevin" vlogging so that he can accompany her on the trips and opportunities she gets from YouTube.

Rant over.
I'm in it for the lols.

cookie_crumble 22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ladiedottie

Post by cookie_crumble 22 »

noo_tro wrote: Also I think she's pushing the "datev and kevin" vlogging so that he can accompany her on the trips and opportunities she gets from YouTube.
Ahh,good point. I never thought about that. It does seem like that could be why she's pushing it. Since Kevin gets so mopy and extra whiney when she goes on trips. Ugh,I know that you're going to be sad if your SO is going to be away from you but I felt like he tried to make her feel guilty for leaving and being excited. Image

(I realized I slam Kevin a lot on here but ugh something about him just doesn't sit right with me lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foreverever
Debater
Debater

Post by foreverever »

I've been watching Dot&Kev for about a year. I get rather bored with their vlogs. I never had a problem with Kev, and I think he is a good person. He is a father figure for Emmit and that is a great thing. The dynamic between Kev/Kelly & Emmit are the reason I tune in each day. I know a lot of people like Alli&Dot, but I am viewer who first discovered their channel when Dot&Kev were dating so Alli&Dot are not the reason I subscribed.

The part I like the best about their vlogs could be the thing that destroys the channel. The way I see it, Dot is a person who needs a mission. Whether it is travel or the tiny house, she needs something to work on. When winter sets in and they don't have running water, and the tiny home project is complete, what is next? She doesn't seem like she is ready to settle down, even though she is going through the motions right now. That is the main vibe i get...she is going through the motions to prove to herself and her fanbase that she can complete what she sets out to do. When all this is done, however, what happens with Kev? If Dot wants to travel for 3 months, or move to a different state, what is he going to do? I feel bad for him. If that day comes to pass, he will have a VERY TOUGH decision to make. Someone is getting hurt. Emmit, Dot, himself... someone is losing in that situation. It makes me sad to think about what everyone will have to go through.

I also agree that Dot is trying to get Kev as an major part of her brand, but she is in uncharted waters. Who else is a travel vlogger that has a huge audience and has a partner that goes along on the trips? Kristen Sarah and the Vagabrothers are the only two I can think of, and Kristen is married to Cia (sp?), and the vagabrothers are, um, brothers lol. A lot of the sponsors are not going to hand out trips to an unmarried couple. Yeah, sure, they will score on the group trips and that may be enough, but she is a travel vlogger and Kev is not. They will not be able to stay in limbo forever... either Dot will settle down or Kev will cut his roots with Reno&his family.

I want to see both of them succeed, but the writing is on the wall.

madaronincheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by madaronincheese »

I think the new intro is also just a way to validate Kevin in general. Viewers are constantly asking about what Kevin's doing with his life and the answer is nothing. The more she features him on her channel the more she has to justify why he doesn't have a job. I think that would be fine if their content was a little better and they made more money but Dot is barely getting by as it is. And maybe she's perfectly fine with sharing everything she has with Kevin but I feel like youtube is very much hers and it kinda bum me out to think he's taking that over too.

On another note, did anyone catch Datev saying "This could be my car" in a recent vlog? It was an obvious joke but I wonder if she's looking in to getting one. I'd be so happy for her!

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Another Saturday surprise video of Chico! He such a lovable guy. I'm so glad that Alli found him and decided to keep him.

[youtube][/youtube]

sparklemc
Learner
Learner

Post by sparklemc »

I have been watching all the old Ladiedottie vlogs. I'm currently on the Feb. 2012 playlist. I started watching Datev shortly after the "divorce announcement." I initially did enjoy the present vlogs but after watching many of the old ones, I feel nothing but sadness for Datev when I watch the new vlogs. She had so many goals with her film career (start production company, make more films, etc...). Now don't get me wrong, my life goals change all the time but they normally remain partially the same, just more realistic and specific. I don't know, I just pray she is happy with her life and isn't letting "Uncle Kev" bring her down. It appears that the focus has been more fulfilling his dreams than hers. Also, when the heck is he going to decide to go back to graduate school. I never realized that he was younger than her. I know it's only by a few years but in my experiences those few years can reveal a lot of immaturity. Just sayin my peace

jjpete
Informer
Informer

Post by jjpete »

When I saw the thumbnail with the title "Stranded!" in my feed my first reaction was "We know.."

foreverever
Debater
Debater

Post by foreverever »

sparklemc wrote:I have been watching all the old Ladiedottie vlogs. I'm currently on the Feb. 2012 playlist. I started watching Datev shortly after the "divorce announcement." I initially did enjoy the present vlogs but after watching many of the old ones, I feel nothing but sadness for Datev when I watch the new vlogs. She had so many goals with her film career (start production company, make more films, etc...). Now don't get me wrong, my life goals change all the time but they normally remain partially the same, just more realistic and specific. I don't know, I just pray she is happy with her life and isn't letting "Uncle Kev" bring her down. It appears that the focus has been more fulfilling his dreams than hers. Also, when the heck is he going to decide to go back to graduate school. I never realized that he was younger than her. I know it's only by a few years but in my experiences those few years can reveal a lot of immaturity. Just sayin my peace ImageImage
that is classic co-dependency for ya. it is obvious.

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

Do they nail up like 6 boards and then call it a day with the tiny heaven? For two people with no other daily commitments, this seems to be taking a really long time?

Also, does anyone here live in a rural area? Is it normal to just pull over and feed other people's animals?

madaronincheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by madaronincheese »

MunsterCheese wrote:Do they nail up like 6 boards and then call it a day with the tiny heaven? For two people with no other daily commitments, this seems to be taking a really long time?

Also, does anyone here live in a rural area? Is it normal to just pull over and feed other people's animals?
I agree it does seem to take awhile since they have nothing else to do. But it's not like either them have experience and they're probably doing it as the money becomes available. I think Datev just said that one board is $7. So if they just needed 100 of them that's $700 alone.

I'm not from a rural area but my grandparents have a ranch and if someone else's animals are by the fence it's not weird to stop and look at it or give it something.

cookie_crumble 22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cookie_crumble 22 »

I finally caught up on the last 5 or so vlogs and omg they were so boring! I usually like her vlogs because they are calming and show great scenery but it's just not the same.

After watching the Tiny documentary seeing them 'make' this tiny house is something.
The guy in the documentary didn't have much experience and he thought he would be finished building it in a few months but it of course took longer. He also built it,he didn't use a shed.
I think they just aren't very motivated individuals. It's not like they don't have time,sure they might be short on money but it's like they don't know how to multitask. If you don't have money for the boards try and do something else. Idk maybe GET A JOB.
Anyway i don't know where I was going with this. Lol

Who thinks they are actually gonna be finished before thanksgiving? I don't. Lol

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by CowGoesMeow »

I love how in the comments more people see through their no-job drama..
and to o_O, apology to say kelly was 27 when she just turned 26, I swear in their older vlogs they said she was 27, then again, they all look older too.
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by CowGoesMeow »

I love how in the comments more people see through their no-job drama..
and to o_O, apology to say kelly was 27 when she just turned 26, I swear in their older vlogs they said she was 27, then again, they all look older too.
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

SavoyTruffle
Debater
Debater

Post by SavoyTruffle »

cookie_crumble 22 wrote:I finally caught up on the last 5 or so vlogs and omg they were so boring! I usually like her vlogs because they are calming and show great scenery but it's just not the same.

After watching the Tiny documentary seeing them 'make' this tiny house is something.
The guy in the documentary didn't have much experience and he thought he would be finished building it in a few months but it of course took longer. He also built it,he didn't use a shed.
I think they just aren't very motivated individuals. It's not like they don't have time,sure they might be short on money but it's like they don't know how to multitask. If you don't have money for the boards try and do something else. Idk maybe GET A JOB.
Anyway i don't know where I was going with this. Lol

Who thinks they are actually gonna be finished before thanksgiving? I don't. Lol

Well didn't they say that they wanted to be able to sleep there by Thanksgiving? Like they wanted it to be liveable not actually completely completed. I think they might be able to pull it off.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

CowGoesMeow wrote:I love how in the comments more people see through their no-job drama..
It's all good. She sure has the sourest of responses when that camera is on her. It's kind of refreshing in contrast to Kev and Datev.

I think they'll have the Tiny Heaven done by Thanksgiving. I wonder where they are getting money from. Dipping into savings? Money from parents? It surprises me that they have ANY income at all. I guess as long as they are happy doing what they are doing and not hurting anyone I can't judge. I do think once winter sets in, we are going to get some videos of some unhappy people though.

ailurophile
Learner
Learner

Post by ailurophile »

Has Datev ever said what her parents think of the Tiny Heaven? I stopped watching her videos regularly a while ago, and I'm not aware of everything. If not, I wonder if her parents are behind the idea or if they're skeptical about it.
"My parents live in Ohio. I live in the moment." -Ted Mosby

Winnie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Winnie »

o_O wrote:I think they'll have the Tiny Heaven done by Thanksgiving. I wonder where they are getting money from. Dipping into savings? Money from parents? It surprises me that they have ANY income at all. I guess as long as they are happy doing what they are doing and not hurting anyone I can't judge. I do think once winter sets in, we are going to get some videos of some unhappy people though.
According to socialblade.com Dot is making $262-$2100 per month from Youtube. Other Youtubers have said they make about three times the lowest estimate which would be approximately $800/month. Their rent in Reno must eat up a huge chunk of that, but they spend most of their time at Kevin's parents' house so their bills are probably pretty low. I suspect Kevin's parents pay for a lot of things and one or both of them may receive an allowance.

I bet they'll spend most of the winter inside the main house. I wouldn't want to live in a shed when it's 20º outside.

Return to “Alli Speed & Associated”