KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 4

Roadtoshine
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 4

Post by Roadtoshine »

I think we would all agree that Cory and Kate aren't the most amazing at having a true relationship with their fans. Well Cory just did something that, atleast in my opinion, is completely idiotic. He made his tweets protected for some reason and then put on his facebook fan page that it will be closing down June 1. He basically said that he needs to put 100% of himself into Youtube and less of himself on twitter and facebook.

I decided to browse through the comments on that post and multiple people said that the only way they know when Cory puts out a video is when he posts about it on facebook because they do not get on youtube that often.

Cory is putting up this huge wall thinking it will help him when he just needs to be honest and real with his viewers. I used to love Corys videos (regardless of how he acted or his personality, I thought his videos were pretty good). However, now I just see desperate attempt after desperate attempt to get a viral video again.

Cory, you aren't making videos to make you happy or your fans happy (In my opinion). You seem to only be making videos to get that viral video again. If that is truly the only reason you are even on youtube anymore, than just be done with it. Go get a real job and make videos on the side if you still wish to.

That being said, I will quote on of the people who said this on Corys latest post about the fan page... "Quit quitting everything". You AND KATE say you have all these ideas or want to do these types of videos and then you quit. So quit quitting everything you do because it is getting to the point where people are starting to not give a darn about you, even your most "loyal fans".

Capatillar
Learner
Learner

Post by Capatillar »

We don't know 100% of their story so I don't want to assume that they are soooo motivated by money when it comes to getting engaged. They are engaged... Y'know.. like they are actually going for it. Nobody has a perfect relationship, so I can only hope they won't do something they aren't ready for yet. They have been *cough* friends for a long time though. I just think we should calm down a little. They have a lower profile (lol kind of) now so at least they aren't over the top about it.. At least not yet.
Hey! Guys! Lets donate our hard earned money towards their honeymoon!!!!111 smh.

I would much rather watch the vlogs of the past when they actually felt like real human beings.

Like seriously. What happened to Kate? Cory never changed... Just Kate imo

On another note, that fashion video makes me want to vomit a little. Ughhhh. It hurts. I couldn't watch it.

Remera
Informer
Informer

Post by Remera »

Has their engagement been mentioned in the comments of the videos at all?

amie2643

Post by amie2643 »

Remera wrote:Has their engagement been mentioned in the comments of the videos at all?
I haven't seen it yet, though I did see someone mention how nice it would be for Cory to pop the question. I was thinking of mentioning the facebook post but with no direct proof to Cory's facebook anymore people would just say I am causing drama and I certainly can't be bothered with receiving hate from the "Dedikaters".

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

Gah...

Seeing Kate on that Style Club video makes me almost think I like her. I really adored Kate for several years, and she only recently became... taxing. It's totally Cory's fault.

Kate's life is COMPLETELY different than it used to be.

Different geographical location, different group of friends (who are NOT like the ones she left), looks pretty different too. She's still a good girl. It's just Cory...

Gah. I can't forget my first impressions of him (I first saw Cory when Kate went to live with him). I didn't like it. And I really can't say I feel any different now.

Either one of them we see, is seen through the filter of the other. I have to see Kate through the filter of Cory.

Brittany
Talker
Talker

Post by Brittany »

The temptation, it is strong...

Remera
Informer
Informer

Post by Remera »

It's always "girl's" with her.
Gamer girls.
Internet girls.
Fake California girls.
Women who are too eager to get into the craft store when they obviously showed up early as well.

Has she ever made a video making fun of the 'annoying' things guys do?

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

OhReallyNow wrote:
canadiancutie wrote:
OhReallyNow wrote: but I can't help but to remember that he was once married, so it makes this marriage jaded.
Can you elaborate on "makes this marriage jaded"?

He has already been married once and divorced. He was with Kate much earlier than he wants to admit. And there has already been a break up and stupid drama with these two. It's jaded in the sense that it is not exciting and no one is really happy for them. It's not even close to a fairy tale. It's not a very romantic story. It's just not exciting. It's boring and no one really thinks it will last.
So how do people know that Kate and Cory broke up and got back together?

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

OhReallyNow wrote:
canadiancutie wrote:
So how do people know that Kate and Cory broke up and got back together?

Do you NOT watch their videos?!
I started watching new ones since Dec, otherwise I haven't seen between May 2011 to Dec 2012.
Was it something actually announced, or just assumed?

goldenporsche
Learner
Learner

Post by goldenporsche »

Well, if they're trying to hide their location, they're doing a shitty job. Kate's recent vlogs totally gave it away.

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

goldenporsche wrote:Well, if they're trying to hide their location, they're doing a shitty job. Kate's recent vlogs totally gave it away.
Hah, it makes me feel much less creepy that I wasn't the only one that noticed this. Now I wonder how many other people noticed that.
Funny thing is, had Cory had not mentioned non stop for the past few months how SUPER SECRET their new location was... I probably wouldn't have thought twice or paid enough attention to those dumb details to even notice where they lived.

In other news, I think he deleted his "I'm deleting FB" post. Hopefully he realized what a horrible idea that was. As much as I can't stand it, social media is seemingly the #1 factor in getting traffic online. He'd be crazy to take that away.

Remera
Informer
Informer

Post by Remera »

I was on twitter and Cory posted something and it had a little padlock next to it. It said his account was protected but I could still see every single tweet. I don't really know anything about twitter, what is he protected from exactly?

Roadtoshine
Debater
Debater

Post by Roadtoshine »

Remera wrote:I was on twitter and Cory posted something and it had a little padlock next to it. It said his account was protected but I could still see every single tweet. I don't really know anything about twitter, what is he protected from exactly?
Well I am assuming you follow him on twitter. Basically, if you do not follow Cory, you cannot see any of his tweets. It says his tweets are protected. He is protecting himself from people who do not follow him.

I think it is more about the people who he blocked. Even though he blocked me, I could still see all of his tweets but I just couldn't see an expanded version of it or reply at all. So I think that he protected his tweets so that the people he blocked from here wouldn't be able to see anything.

goldenporsche
Learner
Learner

Post by goldenporsche »

So pathetic, I just can't even begin.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Roadtoshine wrote:
Remera wrote:I was on twitter and Cory posted something and it had a little padlock next to it. It said his account was protected but I could still see every single tweet. I don't really know anything about twitter, what is he protected from exactly?
Well I am assuming you follow him on twitter. Basically, if you do not follow Cory, you cannot see any of his tweets. It says his tweets are protected. He is protecting himself from people who do not follow him.

I think it is more about the people who he blocked. Even though he blocked me, I could still see all of his tweets but I just couldn't see an expanded version of it or reply at all. So I think that he protected his tweets so that the people he blocked from here wouldn't be able to see anything.
It's amazing how people like you and I are such a threat to him. I'd hate to see how he handles real life, away from the internet problems.
.......meow.......

heffamom
Learner
Learner

Post by heffamom »

Cory Mr. Safety ‏@smpfilms Protected account 9h

Some people just want the old Mr. Safety. I miss the old viewers who never complained when I did things just for the sake of doing them.
As much as he annoys me, I sometimes actually feel bad for the guy. Somebody brought up YouTube Comedy Week on his Twitter and he was bewildered, even asked how to get into it. He is completely out of the loop when it comes to what YouTube is these days, and it doesn't help that he's getting conflicting information from the loudmouth fankids. What's worse, the few people that try to offer genuine constructive advice get drowned out as supposed cyberbullies or haters and he walks away blocked from another chance to learn.

He needs to accept that the world he inhabits has changed. Back when he started people didn't mind watching random simple videos like his because they just wanted to watch ANYTHING on YouTube. He was a big fish in a little pond. There is now so much saturation of content like his, let alone the professional content they all have to compete with. I don't think it's his ego (or at least only that)-I honestly think he's been insulated from reality and how things have developed beyond the old ways he does things.

If I was going to suggest something, it would be for him to stick to vlogs to keep his viewer base around but take time off on his own original content. Then I would suggest he work with other people on theirs, even if just as a cameraman or extra. Redevelop some positive relationships in the community and learn what people are currently doing that is succeeding and how they do it. And that includes how to properly sort through, absorb, and use viewer input.

Roadtoshine
Debater
Debater

Post by Roadtoshine »

The problem I have with Cory is that he sits around making the same style of videos. As heffamom said, YouTube has changed. There is tons of content that is just like Corys and is a bit better in my opinion. I feel bad that he isn't in the loop anymore but honestly it is kind of his own fault. He and Kate have isolated themselves so much that when big events come up like Comedy Week, they are left out of the loop.

I would hope that he would try something new or take a long break but I dont think it will happen. He knows that if he takes an extended break (which he did after the divorce), people aren't going to stick around and wait for him to reappear. Now that I truly think about it, maybe that big break after the divorce was a major issue for his fan base. They got tired of waiting and not knowing why he wasn't posting videos. I feel that if he would have mentioned that he was going through some personal issues (without fully going into detail) prior to his long break from making videos, more people would have stuck around.

Hope he figures out what to do with his career soon though.

Roadtoshine
Debater
Debater

Post by Roadtoshine »

OhReallyNow wrote:Wow, I just went through my inbox on facebook and saw where Corey replied to a comment I put (I called him a man child if anyone saw the video where he showed how much that affected him) and he said "Nice to have you back!"

Not sure what that means, as that was the first and last comment I ever left on his page. :?
Probably because he is blaming you for what other people are saying. Just like how he blamed me for the one person on here who apparently leaked their personal address.

amie2643

Post by amie2643 »

I don't even consider Kate and Cory Youtubers anymore. Neither of them participate in youtube events. Kate especially doesn't communicate with her fans anymore. They don't even collab with other youtubers anymore. These two are people who post to youtube occasionally and not what I would call youtubers.

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”