bobban
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 3

Post by bobban »

Hilly wrote:She needs money .... She sounded sooo fake in her video
I know, coupled with the awful hair and overly done makeup. And her cheesy expressions. I am sure the few hundred bucks she makes each month from vlogs will go very far.

bobban
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bobban »

geekinthepink wrote:
this fake crying part because of the people that broke into the car and how it was a viewer... how the fuck does she know it was a viewer? where's the proof? I'd name and shame him if I was her! because if it's actually true, something needs to be done. and there's no proof of the damage that was apparently done. she's lying all the way.
It was you. We all know it. Stop lying.

Northwest Passage
Learner
Learner

Post by Northwest Passage »

Christ, look at the comments under the new video! It's like a cult! Everything "Dear Leader" Kate says is THE GOSPEL and by default TRUE and must not be questioned, while any differing opinion or anyone questioning obvious discrepancies in her stories is automatically deemed "hate" or a "hater". I can only shake my head in disbelief how gullible these people are. I'm old enough to see when I am being played/manipulated, I truly hope these people wake up one day as well.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by geekinthepink »

bobban wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
this fake crying part because of the people that broke into the car and how it was a viewer... how the fuck does she know it was a viewer? where's the proof? I'd name and shame him if I was her! because if it's actually true, something needs to be done. and there's no proof of the damage that was apparently done. she's lying all the way.
It was you. We all know it. Stop lying.
nah, wouldn't fly to another continent to trash her car.

bobban
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bobban »

Northwest Passage wrote:Christ, look at the comments under the new video! It's like a cult! Everything "Dear Leader" Kate says is THE GOSPEL and by default TRUE and must not be questioned, while any differing opinion or anyone questioning obvious discrepancies in her stories is automatically deemed "hate" or a "hater". I can only shake my head in disbelief how gullible these people are. I'm old enough to see when I am being played/manipulated, I truly hope these people wake up one day as well.
Doesn't matter if she is lying or if people are gullible - you clearly are being manipulated, because you keep watching. And she is getting your views, and you don't even like her. I would say that is a win for her :D

Just like there is a cult of fans, there is also a cult of "haters" that follow her like a flock of sheep.

murderermarv
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by murderermarv »

I just registered because that egotistical asshole blocked me for saying this on her original goodbye video. " Why should we care about your videos when it's obvious that you don't care about us. What horseshit." I have supported her videos for two years, and this is the thanks I get. Fuck Kate and Fuck Cory.

murderermarv
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by murderermarv »

And I don't buy her new video.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Meh.. I actually feel no desire to pick apart this latest video. I'm going to step back a bit and see what happens. While I still have my confusions and questions about some things, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt (for a change). Instead of immediately finding whatever I can to criticize for.

I will say one thing about this, and one thing only, negative feedback doesn't = not caring about her or being a true watcher, fan, whatever. Some people DO take it too far. And I'm sure I have at times. I chalk it up to my own life issues. And frankly, I can be a bitch. Especially when my life has always been a financial struggle. But if you're going to put yourself out there, you have to be prepared for the bad. The good is a bonus. I wish my life was exciting enough to vlog about, but then again, I don't think I could put so much of my life out there. If it really was a viewer who broke into the cars, that's pretty sick. And because of legalities, she might not be able to reveal his/her name.
.......meow.......

Northwest Passage
Learner
Learner

Post by Northwest Passage »

bobban wrote:
Northwest Passage wrote:Christ, look at the comments under the new video! It's like a cult! Everything "Dear Leader" Kate says is THE GOSPEL and by default TRUE and must not be questioned, while any differing opinion or anyone questioning obvious discrepancies in her stories is automatically deemed "hate" or a "hater". I can only shake my head in disbelief how gullible these people are. I'm old enough to see when I am being played/manipulated, I truly hope these people wake up one day as well.
Doesn't matter if she is lying or if people are gullible - you clearly are being manipulated, because you keep watching. And she is getting your views, and you don't even like her. I would say that is a win for her :D

Just like there is a cult of fans, there is also a cult of "haters" that follow her like a flock of sheep.
Nah, as I said in an earlier post, I have unsubscribed/unfollowed everything they are connected to. I've only stuck around until now to see what the response they promised would be. And what it is is underwhelming. lol
So now I'm done for good, they go their way with their enablers and I go my way, never to think of them again. :)

PS: I went to the video page using Firefox +AdBlocker/NoFlash/NoScript (as usual), copied the URL, used keepvid to download the smallest version & THEN watched the downloaded version. This way no "view" was counted and she didn't earn a cent off of me. :P

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

Meh. Some of her cries seem really fake, and one or two actually seem sincere.
But overall, and this is just my opinion... thus far into the vlog most of the time when she's "crying" her eyes stay clear. No redness, there's no puffiness... I don't know. I watched only her eyes, and to me, they seemed quite telling, and didn't match well with her shaky voice and crushed face, most of the time.

Let me just say, the ONLY rumors I believe fully are the ones I've seen myself on THEIR own personal pages. While I think the others have plenty of creditability.... I can't fully believe anything I didn't see myself.
That said... the one thing I know to be a true rumor (the Oct 29th FB status), she lied about. Or omitted some very large part of the story, explaining why, if they decided to be just friends after their kiss, he was listed as in a relationship, and congratulated by their friends in a way that suggested (to me) that it was with her.

I'm surprised to find that I did actually hold a small, little glimmer of hope for this girl. I knew she wouldn't come clean, but when she started addressing the relationship rumor, and the wedding kiss... I hoped, I SO HOPED she would pull through and be honest.
And now that I feel even that little spark of hope for her (that I didn't know I even had) is gone, I find I don't really give a shit either way anymore. Sad, but whatever. I'm bored now.

bobert100
Talker
Talker

Post by bobert100 »

LET'S TALK video

Kate needs to realise that being so known can lead to consequences. You are not the only one!
Alot of well-known people who reveal themselves on the net by doing stupid things/or even good things get strangers on the door, death threats,stalkers etc...Obviously these things shouldn't happen but they do!

Obviously haters like them suck but you tend to make "us" the same group as them.
Not all comments were nasty.

Your abrupt ending to the vlogs rubbed us the wrong way. I was like" Hey guys! I'm going and will do awesome things!".

Now you're trying to show the truth, but how should we believe you?
I feel that you are trying too hard to redeem yourself. It's the internet. People believe in lies. I'd rather advise you to lay low.
Just don't continue to show off your life and being all shady about it.

crying over your viewers seems a bit much...especially since you took the piss...
Stop taking the nasty comments to heart. Listen to the come
ments. Just because they aren't sugar coated doesn't mean they are mean.

Keep the happy people? Really?
The ones who doubt you, but are still fans/still care are getting shunned by the stupid obsessive blind fans. Thanks Kate. Thanks for making us look like "haters"

I think it's time to get a normal job Kate.

Live the simple life. It's the simple things isn't it?

I'm listening to the video as I type this hence why my comments are a tad jumbled.

I think her relationship story sounds a bit funny, but that may be sceptical me. I Dunno what to believe in these days.

bobert100
Talker
Talker

Post by bobert100 »

also Ask Kate for the truth in the comments? Yeeeeeah. I doubt she'd answer the questions that matter...

sunnyrainbows
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sunnyrainbows »

I watched the video and all I could hear was Cory in a mixture of The Truth and that Posivity video he did that one time. Same mannerisms, intonations, even the same vocabulary used. I feel like I'm watching someone reading scenes for a play.

Just unsubscribed from Katersoneseven, Katers17, Dudelikehella and SMPFILMS. I've lost interest. Kate obviously think her fanbase are all teenagers, so I guess I'm not part of that demographic.

Good luck in your future endeavours Cory and Kate. With acting skills like that, you're never going to break Hollywood!

anyar88
Learner
Learner

Post by anyar88 »

Yeah so how am I supposed to ask a fair question when I'm blocked from posting? It wasn't attacking or hateful, just curious as to the potholes and what she has to say about it. I haven't even posted anything 'negative' on her channel. It's very clever to only allow people who won't ask questions to be allowed to ask questions on her vlog.

canadiancutie
Debater
Debater

Post by canadiancutie »

To be honest, if a strange man really did come up to their door and want to come inside, that's pretty scary. Whether that was at her old apartment, or this one they share together, I don't know. What I DON'T get is, why after that did they not decide to move?! I would have wanted to move after that. I think a car break-in is less frightening than a total stranger knocking at my door, being face to face, and wanting to come inside. And how did she find out for SURE that it was a viewer who broke into her car? Does that mean they caught the guy? I'm sure their parking lot has surveillance so it's likely I guess.

However, I really do side with Kate when she explains that it was to that point where people were basically telling her what she should and shouldn't do. That would drive anybody crazy. I know she does these documentaries FOR her viewers, but that doesn't necessarily mean she should basically become a puppet for them. And I've seen it in the comments, not just on her videos but every well known vlogger on YouTube has to deal with it too (I've never seen the point in telling someone what to do or wear or how they should look), "You should do your make-up this way", "Don't wear that top, it's not your colour", "Stop straightening your hair", "Don't let your dog play with that" etc. etc. BUT I really don't see what that has to do with her abrupt end to the videos. I think it's more about the gossip train going around, which surprisingly she finally touched upon in LETS TALK. Do I want to believe her? Part of me does, just because I think, do I really care if they were together before NYE? No. But she does admit that they confessed how they felt in Oct at this friends wedding, kissed, and decided to just remain friends. That doesn't explain the Facebook relationship status change (unless they did that and then decided to undo it later and she just left that out).

I also don't think she should waste her time removing the negative comments, because that requires reading them and if you ask me, that's her REAL problem. She let's it affect her. If it affects her viewers, that's not her fault either.

In the end, I guess I will give her the benefit of the doubt. She addressed the rumors, or acknowledged them, and if she's still being false, we really won't ever know for sure. I'm not going to worry about it.

crisisangelwolf
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by crisisangelwolf »

Just wanted to mention that she said if you had any questions, "please come to me and I will personally answer them."
...didn't she JUST say she didn't want any unknown people coming to her?
Just thought I'd put that out there.

bambambunny
Debater
Debater

Post by bambambunny »

I never wish problems on anyone but for her I'll make en exception, if she had my life or many other sick peoples life and she made a video like that then fine she deserves to act like shes had something terrible happen to her. She could moan and whine her woe is me attitude till the cows came home and I'd have sympathy for her BUT she listed a load of things that were her fault! She choose to end things with no explanation causing alot of backlash, she choose to not protect her privacy to make it obvious to a 5 year old where she lived, what number her make and colour of cars etc. She choose to put her life out there for people to pick at. She is extremely lucky, she has four working limbs, a great support system, plenty of money and amazing chances and if the price she has to pay is negativity from people she never has to see, and comments she doesn't have to look at. Then I say that is a tiny sacrifice! It's quite simple protect her privacy and don't read the comments either get Cory to do it, or someone who isn't going to be affected by it, or just keep comments disabled if she really can't not read them without taking them all as a personal attack.

Sorry if that doesn't make all that much sense that video really grated on me and my strong painkillers just kicked in so I'm on a cloud somewhere now haha

bambambunny
Debater
Debater

Post by bambambunny »

Just to add I get she's finding things difficult but she speaks about positivity and really she desperately needs some, if she stopped looking at all the negatives this life has brought her and focused on the good things its has given her and exposed her too, then half the battle is already won. I don't know count your blessings move forward from your curses

Menage a Straw
Debater
Debater

Post by Menage a Straw »

If a strange guy tried to come into my house, that's when I would have wanted to move. Maybe breaking the lease wasn't an option for them at that point, and the car break-ins were the last straw. As to the perpetrator being a viewer, it wouldn't surprise me, they haven't exactly been careful about obscuring where they live, no matter how private they've been with their personal life. I find that a contradiction, but I chalk that up to naivete.

I think things would have been better about the start of their relationship if Cory hadn't treated it like it was a reality show stunt. If they had just kissed and he had asked her, perhaps explained afterwards that they had liked each other and thought about it for a while, it would've been no big deal. He's the one who blew it out of proportion, but she aided him as well by posting it in her vlog. It was just a bad call all around and it should've been cleared up the second people started asking, not a year later.

As for her just wanting to document her life, to share with her viewers, and not wanting people to always tell her what to wear, what to eat, etc., maybe she should step back and realize that she does the same dang thing every time she waggles her finger at the camera, scolding like a little would be mother hen. Can't have it both ways, and while some of those comments are nasty and meant to be mean to her, some are heartfelt and want to help her. It's unfair of her to assume that everyone who suggests changes is being negative. If anything, it is positive, wanting her to be happier and healthier. She just has to learn how to weed out the good from the bad, and take them all with a grain of salt.

She's happy with Cory, and whether or not I think he's dragging her down, she is going to stay where she is happy. It's hard to watch someone with so much potential in a downward spiral and not say something, but that's why I say it here. Not that we could say much in the comments (never have, never will), because while questions were invited, they were negated at the same time by a clear decision to delete anything that isn't positive, along with the threat of the ban hammer. So what is the point of asking?

As for the dog, shelter vs. breeder, it was her impatience that led her to a breeder, not the problem of availability at a shelter. Just because she wanted it NOW NOW NOW doesn't make a breeder the only available option.

The whole situation has left me with a meh feeling. However, thanks to Meep's encouragement, I've been watching Olga Kay. The difference is like night and day. It's funny, for people who tout positivity so much, Kate and Cory just feel so negative to me*. Watching Olga has been like a breath of fresh air, it's lovely. :D

*Maybe that is where the negativity influx in comments came from? So much build up of negative vibes from Kate and Cory, and it just came spilling out into their comments. I mean, it's kind of hard to find a vlog that doesn't have at least one complaint in it about something or other.

furb
Learner
Learner

Post by furb »

So was the information stolen or not stolen :?

Cory:Image

Kate:

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”