KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 3

BreakingNews284
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 3

Post by BreakingNews284 »

nothingwrong wrote:The comment was taken out of context? Wow, she really thinks her viewers are dumb 12 year olds with no common sense. :?
But that is the point, 95% of them are in the Tweens age range...

BreakingNews284
Learner
Learner

vuo wrote:I don't buy her crap at all. Yeah, private joke, sure...

And btw, apparently they deleted their fb accounts AHAHHAH
Probably just deactivated to avoid having to guess which friend is drip feeding info from thier timelines.

BreakingNews284
Learner
Learner

vuo wrote:I don't buy her crap at all. Yeah, private joke, sure...

And btw, apparently they deleted their fb accounts AHAHHAH
Nope, just changed the shortcut.

OLD
https://www.facebook.com/kathleen.v.elliott

NEW
https://www.facebook.com/kathleen.v.elliott.5

NoMoreLies
Debater
Debater

Post by NoMoreLies »

BreakingNews284 wrote:
I don't think that is actually her, that account has been around for a while.

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

NoMoreLies wrote:
BreakingNews284 wrote:
I don't think that is actually her, that account has been around for a while.
Yeh... that one isn't hers. Or if it is, it's not her old acct. They just changed their names and links.
NerdOut wrote: I came across a picture both her and Cory were tagged in ages ago, and the tags now show their new "names". I didn't know FB worked that way, but apparently it does.
Regardless, they've finally figured out how to set everything private. I'll miss the little views into their ACTUAL lives/thoughts, but seriously, it's about time that they figured out how to set FB to private.

NoMoreLies
Debater
Debater

Post by NoMoreLies »

Yep, totally changed their names. But it doesn't really matter, since everything is set to private anyways.

canttell
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by canttell »

I just watch other popular vloggers like Charles and Shay and I don't see them having to deal with this much drama. Kate should know that when you post your life online, you open yourself up to criticism and they've been handling it very poorly.

anonymous_poster
Talker
Talker

Post by anonymous_poster »

canttell wrote:I just watch other popular vloggers like Charles and Shay and I don't see them having to deal with this much drama. Kate should know that when you post your life online, you open yourself up to criticism and they've been handling it very poorly.
True. Shay had that one incidence when his house number was shown on a vlog, but they were thinking of moving anyways because their lease was coming up. Shay and Charles, along with their wives, have handle vlogging and criticism very well. Also, they have been the most honest when it comes to things that happen in their lives. Charles with the brain tumor and Shay with the Maker/RWJ mess. They both had honest talks with their viewers through the camera.

Kate has just tried to hide behind the camera and hide her feelings about things and that has backfired on her. Cory is likely to blame with what Kate has been put through because he has given her crappy advice. If she had put most of what she was feeling out there and been honest with viewers, the viewers would have seen a different side to her. Instead she chose to put up a front and that made her look fake and not herself. If she had been getting death threats and a person she didn't know came to her apartment, then why didn't she involve the police? Or did she?

BreakingNews284
Learner
Learner

I think I am passed caring now. I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed one of her vlogs for about a year now, so I'm really not missing anything.

canttell
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by canttell »

Look at the viewers and subs that Cory has lost the last couple of years. Is he really someone to give advice to in a situation like this? I don't think so. And the quality of the vlogs did seem to go down once things were made official to the audience, but again, it was the "tour" that made me stop watching...

dudewtf
Informer
Informer

Post by dudewtf »

Which tour are people talking about? the contiki tour or was there something else?

anonymous_poster
Talker
Talker

Post by anonymous_poster »

dudewtf wrote:Which tour are people talking about? the contiki tour or was there something else?
The tour around America. Cory didn't go on the Contiki one, which I was glad he didn't.

canttell
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by canttell »

There was a few places he didn't show up.

kittykat1
Debater
Debater

Post by kittykat1 »

Can someone please link me to the hair video? I'm new to this site / her videos and I can't seem to find it. :love2:

dudewtf
Informer
Informer

Post by dudewtf »

kittykat1 wrote:Can someone please link me to the hair video? I'm new to this site / her videos and I can't seem to find it. :love2:
[youtube][/youtube]

heffamom
Learner
Learner

Post by heffamom »

Wow.

I wonder what Kate is going to think, ten years down the road. Is she going to be accomplished and enjoying how she rose above this mess to achieve professional and personal success? Is she going to regret how much time she "wasted" on the nameless horde of the internet and not making the break clean when she had the chance? Will she be embarrassed by the unnecessary falsehoods and decline into superficiality?

By the vibe in this video, my best guess is she still be trapped in her bubble of epistemic closure, and likely be bitter about the loss of the pseudo-celebrity status and spoiled existence she has right now. Otherwise, I assume she'll be in a cult of some sort, because she's already acting like a brain-washed puppet. I'd send her Scientology propaganda as an experiment if I wasn't afraid it would work.

I feel sorry for her and yet I don't. No one deserves threats and stalking, but no one has earned a criticism-free or effortless life. Reality is a BITCH, kiddo.

RUKiddingMe
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by RUKiddingMe »

I apologize in advance for my lengthy post, but after sitting back and reading til my eyes bled, I have a few things I'd like to cover.

1. The relationship Issue: I can understand wanting to keep aspects of your private life.. private. But the relationship between Kate and Cory have been anything BUT private. The first I had ever even heard of Kate was when Cory announced to his viewers that he had a new partner for SMP films. Nothing was even remotely mentioned about the girl before that announcement, and then boom..she's not only a partner, but she's a house guest as well. Many of you have mentioned the uncomfortable feeling you all had with the fact they spent practically 24/7 with each other..and yet no videos were being produced to account for the time they claimed they were working. The fact that Steph disappeared from the vlogs shortly after, followed by the big move, and then subsequent divorce only re-enforced everyone's belief that more was going on than met the eye. Personally I believe that to be true as well. The famous NYE kiss was no surprise to me or many others. It was well planned and staged for maximum views. Now while I do believe they genuinely love one another, the relationship they allow the viewers to see is a well orchestrated fantasy, meant to look like a fairytale romance with the sole purpose of generating views for their channels.While it is not my place to judge how they got together, and while it's truly none of my business, the lies and deceit throughout the videos, for the sake of keeping the fantasy alive and views at their maximum, is what I believe upsets the viewers the most.

2.The Great American Tour: Originally the tour was meant to be for the purpose of Promoting Mr. Shaun Holton's New Album, and helping him to get more exposure here in America. Like many, I thought that was pretty awesome of Kate and Cory to help him out this way when his original tour fell through ( I won't go into detail there )..because he truly is an astounding artist. To be honest, I couldn't wait to see the vlogs to see how he was doing and like many, who were fans of both Kate and Cory..and Mr. Holton, I eagerly ran from site to site to ensure I didn't miss any details. But...the tour became a Kate and Cory Fest, with Mr.Holton in the background..(This TALENTED Artist playing backstage to two Hollywood wannabes ). But I think the most upsetting thing was the constant in vlog commercials for the energy drink that was sponsoring their tour, and the daily reminder to BUY those t-shirts and bracelets to help them pay for gas and hotels.I thought that was what the sponsorship was paying for. In several vlogs the general attitude that came across was one of " this is a job, I don't really want to be here, the fans are annoying..etc" and many have expressed how uncomfortable and slighted they felt when they finally did meet Kate and Cory...and how genuinely easy going Mr.Holton was. The point I'm trying to make with this entry, is that while they promoted the energy drink that was sponsoring them, and the t-shirts, and the bracelets, and their channels and all the new things coming down the line for them...not once was Mr. Holton's album mentioned, or where to buy it, or any kind of promotion for his talent.

3. The Big Goodbye and all the rest: So much has happened since Kate's goodbye vlog, it's hard to know where to begin. All I can do is give my opinion of it all and go from there. In her " Let's Talk " video, she mentioned how upset she was that comments on her videos became more about telling her how to live, eat, dress, vlog etc than actually commenting on the video itself..and I can see that. I also believe that more than anything else, that was most likely the biggest reason for "Last Day " video. But the reason the fans were upset, wasn't that she decided to quit vlogging..it was the manner in which she chose to do it. I personally feel that anger clouded her judgement and that verbally spanking her viewers in retaliation was more likely the motive behind it. I honestly do not believe the story about the man at the door, or the car break ins, because many others have said, she showed more tears for the lose of a fish and hair dye job than she did for being personally violated. When you have someone break into and mess with your personal belongings, it is THE biggest violation you can have next to rape, murder or loss of a family member. And I can not see either her OR Cory NOT vlogging about it. If these events truly happened, ( to most people anyway ), there would have been so much anger, fear, depression, that it would have shown in her vlogs no matter how hard she tried to hide the truth from her viewers. And for something as dangerous as a viewer being involved in stalking, break-ins, showing up at the door, death threats, etc. the police would have advised them to stop vlogging during the investigation..and at the LEAST make a concerted effort not to vlog yourself going to and from your home, or nearby businesses in the event that someone could determine your where-a-bouts based on your vlogs. I'm sorry but the whole story doesn't wash..Period.Kate not only was not upset by the supposed break-in, but she continued to tweet and concentrate on her doggie channel, during this period she claims she needed to take a break for safety sake.. all the while laughing as tho nothing in the world was wrong. As for her "Let's Talk" video..she went from crying and telling her viewers how much they meant to her, and how sorry she was for the way she quit.. to telling them that unless they have something nice to say to her, they will be banned and their comments deleted. Personally, again I believe this whole thing.. from the goodbye video..to her lets talk video, was nothing more than another view raising gimmick. Because let's be honest here...bad publicity is just as good as good publicity, as long as it generates views.. right? And as far as this wig and shoes from china deal? She has a new sponsor from china in case you all missed it...despite the fact that in one of her vlogs, she wagged that finger and pointed at a "made in china" sticker, when our economy tanked and everyone was complaining about all the outsourcing our country was doing with china.

All in all, Everything that has transpired over the last year or so, in my opinion, has been all about views, all about maximizing them, and all about how can I generate more money. In and of itself there is nothing wrong with that, until you blantantly mislead your audience ( who DOES have a say in your earnings ). At the end of the day, it's not about who you are trying to be on the net, but how you have conducted yourself through actions, words, and behavior. And quiet frankly, the "Let's Talk video" is not going to make much of a difference in the end. It has only shown that most folks will flock back to you in the hopes things will change, and one by one will once again be disIllusioned by hollow promises, and the need to be part of a fantasy that isn't healthy for them or for you. I fear that this has turned into another online cultist group, with their leader trying to hug her lackeys close while she bashes anyone and anything that dares talk bad of her. If you all don't believe me, do your own research into cults and cult following, and make your own judgement. as for me, That's all I have to say on this subject, and will now let it rest and move on. I wish them two the best for their lives, but I won't and can't support them in their endeavors to lie,mislead, and fool the viewers, who put their faith, time, energy, and yes.. money into this fantasy that has run it's course.

Thank you all for being patient with me while I had my say.

Menage a Straw
Debater
Debater

Post by Menage a Straw »

From Cory's twitter:
Cory Williams ‏@smpfilms

This is a GREAT year for YouTubers!!! http://www.keek.com/!CB8Saab
Is it just me, or does anyone else not consider him a youtuber anymore? He posts about as much as the average Joe of late(maybe even less), and has done nothing but complain about their changes since, well, they changed anything at all. I'd call him a Keeker, but he seems to have dropped his 36 Second Films channel already, and I don't count the occassional blips he puts up, just like every other teen on there.
@mirandasuxx I haven't been at @KNOKXPRO in a while. I'm having transportation issues at the moment but I'll be back on the road soon!
I wonder if the cars that were broken in to were taken in for evidence. Still leaves them with one car though, and where's Kate going lately, other than the mall?

Heffamom, I agree, and I think that's been the hardest thing to watch, her transformation from independent young woman to, well, just the opposite. I was holding out hope until she decided advice and constructive criticism were all negative, and that at 23, she is more entitled to give advice than to receive it. I don't like criticism either, nobody really does, but it helps us grow. She's got Cory and every unbanned viewer telling her she doesn't need to, she is perfect as is. I see that as a cruel kindness. It's kind in the present, but not so much in the future, when people she wants to impress, who aren't mesmerized by her or in a romantic relationship with her, tell her she needs to improve before she can work with them. She doesn't seem capable of filtering out the nastiness from the practical, and that's a shame. The whole business is just a mess. :(

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

Well said RUKiddingMe! :)

Regarding this:
RUKiddingMe wrote:The famous NYE kiss was no surprise to me or many others. It was well planned and staged for maximum views. Now while I do believe they genuinely love one another, the relationship they allow the viewers to see is a well orchestrated fantasy, meant to look like a fairytale romance with the sole purpose of generating views for their channels.
I always felt like they wanted to pull off a "CTFXC Proposal" type of video. It's almost as if they wanted to be the next Charles and Alli Trippy. :pfff:

champagne_dean
Lurker
Lurker

Post by champagne_dean »

Corey did a video when he promised to Steph

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”