CTFxC / The Trippys Part 3

manderszx
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: CTFxC / The Trippys Part 3

Post by manderszx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like Alli is annoyed lately in the vlogs ?
It could be the stress

MLxoxo
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by MLxoxo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 pm

bananabanana wrote:re: Lauren shopping with Charles and Alli for a mattress/bed

omg YES. :D <3

Hilly
Learner
Learner

Post by Hilly » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 am

why are some people here are talking about worst case scenario ?

but don't you think Charles prognosis is good ??? he is young and otherwise healthy .... they removed almost all of the tumor ... his doctor is great ... his type of cancer doesn't spread ... he have some gene mutation or whatever it is called that makes his cancer so sensitive to chemotherapy (which is a good thing) ... I'm not trying to fight here ... but i'm having anxiety over this and would like to discuss this with people here ... I think there is a pretty good chance charles will beat it ... dont you think ??? I know nobody can know for sure ... I was reading about his type of cancer ... the chemo is pills that he wil ltake for 6 weeks .... I'm wondering that it ?? like shouldn't there be a longer treatment plan ??? to make sure the cancer cells are all dead ?? I just find it odd for a serious illness ... he should take pills for 6 weeks and then just wait every 2-3 months for scans to see if something changed ... I'm not a doctor but I feel it is better for more aggressive treatment plan ...

I found this lady's website http://cherylbroyles-gbm.com/ she is a 13 years brain cancer survivor !! from my undertanding she had the worst type of brain cancer and it was stage IV and now she is lving cancer free and healthy !!!

Hilly
Learner
Learner

Post by Hilly » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:01 am

manderszx wrote:Is it just me or does it seem like Alli is annoyed lately in the vlogs ?
It could be the stress

I feel she is so stressed ... I can see it in her face :( poor alli I wish I can give her a hug
even when she is joking for the camera i feel she is faking it ...

Wayne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wayne » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:29 am

Hilly wrote:why are some people here are talking about worst case scenario ?

but don't you think Charles prognosis is good ??? he is young and otherwise healthy .... they removed almost all of the tumor ... his doctor is great ... his type of cancer doesn't spread ... he have some gene mutation or whatever it is called that makes his cancer so sensitive to chemotherapy (which is a good thing) ... I'm not trying to fight here ... but i'm having anxiety over this and would like to discuss this with people here ... I think there is a pretty good chance charles will beat it ... dont you think ??? I know nobody can know for sure ... I was reading about his type of cancer ... the chemo is pills that he wil ltake for 6 weeks .... I'm wondering that it ?? like shouldn't there be a longer treatment plan ??? to make sure the cancer cells are all dead ?? I just find it odd for a serious illness ... he should take pills for 6 weeks and then just wait every 2-3 months for scans to see if something changed ... I'm not a doctor but I feel it is better for more aggressive treatment plan ...

I found this lady's website http://cherylbroyles-gbm.com/ she is a 13 years brain cancer survivor !! from my undertanding she had the worst type of brain cancer and it was stage IV and now she is lving cancer free and healthy !!!
It doesn't spread, but it grows and there isn't a lot of room on your brain. The best thing they can do is shrink the tumor or slow down the growth. Even if they removed 100%, there's always a chance it could come back.

anony26
Learner
Learner

Post by anony26 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 am

Hilly wrote:why are some people here are talking about worst case scenario ?

I can't predict what will happen, but I think his age and the fact that he said the tumor is the kind that is very responsive to chemo is a good sign. He's also got the support of his family and viewers, which definitely helps. I'm more concerned about how he is between treatments though. I'm not sure if this is chemo just to manage the tumor or to try and completely destroy it, but chemo takes a lot out of you. What they think is a 6 week treatment could be prolonged by complications such as infection when his immune system is down. So it might not take 6 weeks, maybe more. When I had a family member go through chemo, we had to be very, very cautious. Things you normally wouldn't believe to be harmful become harmful when your immune system is severely weakened. Pets, consuming raw produce, going to the movies/mall/concerts, swimming pools/hot tubs, etc are all sources of infection and can be dangerous for chemo patients.

Hilly
Learner
Learner

Post by Hilly » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 am

Yes I know it is likely to grow :( espiscally that his type is grade 3 ... I was just trying to list the postives pf this horrible situation I guess ... Ihope he respond to treatment and it doesnt grow back ... Iknow it can happen i saw few posts about people who went throught the same thing and they are today cancer free ... I pray that he will be one of them ...

And I really hope his doctor will talk to him about theprecautions he should take whileon chemo ... Avoid raw food ... Avoid having fresh flowers/plants in the house ... Avoid swimming ... Because he is doing all that right now ... Also if he is going to try supplments he really should be careful it can interact with chemo and make it less effective ...

I just thought of something ... His first operation didnt the doctor say it wasnt cancer ?? And now after thefinal daignosis (grade 3) he is saying it was grade 2 the first time (which is cancer also)! So did the doctors misdiagnose him ? Why didnt they treat him when it was grade 2?? I hope he is not getting treatment now from the same doctor who misdiagnosed him last year

brunette
Learner
Learner

Post by brunette » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:46 am

can someone tell me why he isn't cutting the rest of his hair then it could all grow back at the same length???

DejaEntendu
Learner
Learner

Post by DejaEntendu » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 am

I do think Ali looks stressed but she has plenty of reason too. Like in the last vlog she was stating how Charles has got into the habbit of just recording, then dropping the camera and recording the floor etc. He's probably had some other behavioural changes too. It's common with people who have had brain injuries/brain surgery. My Dad had a brain injury after being struck by a motorbike and he definitely had a shorter fuse so to speak and became a lot more disorganised/messy than he was before. So Ali could be stressed because of how Charles has changed since surgery, it can be frustrating dealing with someone you love when their personality changes.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for Charles and I fully think that he can beat this because he's a badass and so is Ali and I'd rather think the best than the worst because that just gets me down in the dumps and I'd rather be positive and rooting for them instead of being all negative.

Daniela
Talker
Talker

Post by Daniela » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 am

brunette wrote:can someone tell me why he isn't cutting the rest of his hair then it could all grow back at the same length???
Why should he?
Hilly wrote:I just thought of something ... His first operation didnt the doctor say it wasnt cancer ?? And now after thefinal daignosis (grade 3) he is saying it was grade 2 the first time (which is cancer also)! So did the doctors misdiagnose him ? Why didnt they treat him when it was grade 2?? I hope he is not getting treatment now from the same doctor who misdiagnosed him last year
When they had the first biopsy after the first surgery, it was grade 2. By the time they had the second biopsy after the second surgery it had developed to grade 3. I don't believe there was any misdiagnose, non-malignant tumors develop/turn into malignant tumors sometimes. There would have been no point in chemo when it was still non-malignant because chemo itself is pretty rough on the body.

edit: Obviously they've been stressed lately with what's been going on, however i think i'm probably the only one who thought they looked happier than ever this last vlog lol

Daniela
Talker
Talker

Post by Daniela » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 am

Hilly wrote:I just thought of something ... His first operation didnt the doctor say it wasnt cancer ?? And now after thefinal daignosis (grade 3) he is saying it was grade 2 the first time (which is cancer also)! So did the doctors misdiagnose him ? Why didnt they treat him when it was grade 2?? I hope he is not getting treatment now from the same doctor who misdiagnosed him last year
Gah, can't edit the previous post anymore. But grade 2 is non-malignant, therefore not classified as cancer.

Hilly
Learner
Learner

Post by Hilly » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:22 am

Daniela wrote:
Gah, can't edit the previous post anymore. But grade 2 is non-malignant, therefore not classified as cancer.
But in the websites that I read Oligodendrolioma is cancer ... And there are two grades 2 and 3 ... Which means grade 2 is cancer as well ! And if you google it you will find MANY people with grade 2 who did chemo+ radiation

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:30 am

okay.. but Charles' grade 2 pathology showed that it was benign. His next pathology report showed that after it had grown back it transitioned to grade 3 and malignant. A tumor does not always mean cancer.

Daniela
Talker
Talker

Post by Daniela » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 am

Hilly wrote:
Daniela wrote:
But in the websites that I read Oligodendrolioma is cancer ... And there are two grades 2 and 3 ... Which means grade 2 is cancer as well ! And if you google it you will find MANY people with grade 2 who did chemo+ radiation
Sources? Googling does not indicate that too many people with grade 2 get chemotherapy and i'm not going to buy a subscription for a medical site to read the full things lol.

The definition of cancer vs tumor is that one is malignant and one is non-malignant. Oligodendroglioma can be both cancerous and non-cancerous (grade 3 vs grade 2). They said it wasn't cancerous before, because grade 2 is not cancerous.

http://www.abta.org/understanding-brain ... lioma.html

I did find some info on it but most pages just seem to repeat the same things

Treatment

If the tumor is accessible, standard treatment for oligodendroglioma is surgical removal of as much of the tumor tissue as possible. Biopsy is typically performed on tumors that are not accessible to confirm the diagnosis and determine the grade of tumor. Recurrent low-grade oligodendrogliomas can be treated with surgery, radiation therapy (if not given initially), and chemotherapy.

Grade II Oligodendrogliomas: Close follow-up with regular MRI scans is recommended following the successful removal of low-grade oligodendrogliomas. If some of the tumor remains (also called “residual” tumor), radiation treatment is recommended following surgery. The best timing for radiation therapy (ie, immediately or when the tumor appears to be growing again), is currently being studied in clinical trials.

Grade III Oligodendrogliomas: Anaplastic oligodendroglioma is typically treated with a combination of radiation therapy and chemotherapy. Recurrent anaplastic oligodendroglioma may be treated with surgery and/or chemotherapy.

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am

Hilly wrote:
Daniela wrote:
Charles' was non malignant, which is why it wasn't treated.

overtheolivetree
Informer
Informer

Post by overtheolivetree » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:35 am

brunette wrote:can someone tell me why he isn't cutting the rest of his hair then it could all grow back at the same length???
I'm assuming it's all going to fall out from the chemo anyways :?

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 am

overtheolivetree wrote:
Isn't it the radiation treatments that do that? Not chemo?

overtheolivetree
Informer
Informer

Post by overtheolivetree » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 pm

CIK27 wrote:
overtheolivetree wrote:
Isn't it the radiation treatments that do that? Not chemo?
I'm pretty sure it's chemo. But he's taking a pill form of chemo, so maybe that will help?

hazymaze
Learner
Learner

Post by hazymaze » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Felt like posting this song that reminds me of Charles' and Alli's situation and has helped get me through hard times in my life. Feel free to check it out if you'd like or just ignore it :p

[youtube][/youtube]

The heart of life is good! Can't wait til Charles kicks cancer's butt!

ThinkingofYou93
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ThinkingofYou93 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:53 pm

I take a chemotherapy drug (tablet form) for an auto-immune disease (so obviously much less dosage), but it does indeed make hair fall out. Mine hasn't fallen out, but it's thinned a fair bit since taking it! So Charles' probably will fall out..

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:09 pm

I mean no offense to you all but I think the oncologists and neurologists who spend years going through training and medical school know what they're talking about.

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTubeAddict79 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Having a baby now would be pretty insane I think. It´d be hard on Alli to carry a normal pregnancy with the stress of Charles being sick. It must be difficult for them though with The Shaytards having yet another kid as well as Phil.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:43 pm

YouTubeAddict79 wrote:Having a baby now would be pretty insane I think. It´d be hard on Alli to carry a normal pregnancy with the stress of Charles being sick. It must be difficult for them though with The Shaytards having yet another kid as well as Phil.

Nah, they're still younger and not in the right place yet. Phil has an extremely stable lifestyle and The Shaytards do as well, plus both families are older than them. I would be extremely surprised if they decided to have a child this year or next year.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm just glad they're thinking ahead & saving his swimmers for the future. Sucks to be in such a situation, but if everything turns out okay, at least having a child is something they'll be able to look forward to after this unfortunate chapter in their lives.
:horny: :halo:

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

So, maybe this is dumb, but is chemo in pill form any less severe than normal chemo? Like, is there a chance maybe he WON'T get as sick as we're excepting, like with normal chemo?

Return to “Charles Trippy”