CTFxC / The Trippys Part 3

Post by Emerald »

Continue here...

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: CTFxC / The Trippys Part 3

Post by Presence »

Part 3?! How did these boring people get to a third thread?

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Sticky Gloss wrote:
Totally. You can tell a lot of the times he fears Alli's reactions to things, and its usually silly things he does in vlogs. I would hate to see her reaction if he questioned having Lauren around all the time. WW3.
That brings to mind a topic we haven't discussed: Drunk Alli.

I always cringe when I see Alli tipsy or fairly wasted in one of their vlogs. To me, she comes across as a mean drunk. I think her masculine side comes out strongly when she's drunk too. Honestly, I'd hate to see someone piss her off after a few drinks.

When she does get aggressive, I see Charles dealing with her obnoxiousness with humor. I wonder if anyone ever stands up to her and tells her to chill out or if everyone just caters to her temperament.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by handmadedolly »

Honestly, I don't see a lot of the negatives you people see in Alli, her closeness to her mom, or why you make Charles to be a saint. Neither of them are perfect, and they are human beings with faults. They shouldn't behave any different than they would if there wasn't a camera in their life, and I think the fact that we get to see the bad and the good of both of them shows they are doing it the right way - unlike others.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

nothingwrong wrote:Honestly, I don't see a lot of the negatives you people see in Alli, her closeness to her mom, or why you make Charles to be a saint. Neither of them are perfect, and they are human beings with faults. They shouldn't behave any different than they would if there wasn't a camera in their life, and I think the fact that we get to see the bad and the good of both of them shows they are doing it the right way - unlike others.
First of all, whoah, whoah, whoah... I don't think anyone thinks of Charles as a saint.

Sure, if these guys were just normal people living normal lives, I wouldn't be as hypercritical because they're just living their lives and not hurting anyone in the process.

However, as vloggers, the unspoken agreement is that they put themselves out there for critical analysis and, in exchange, they get paid.

And make no mistake, they are not being completely authentic. When that camera is turned on, to a high degree, they are putting on a show. They are filming their lives, selectively editing what they film, and are offering it up as entertainment. They are doing it a) for notoriety and b) for money.

Maybe it's just me, but I think when an "entertainer" puts out something for public consumption and builds a business around it, it is fair game for criticism.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Presence wrote:Sticky Gloss wrote:
That brings to mind a topic we haven't discussed: Drunk Alli.

I always cringe when I see Alli tipsy or fairly wasted in one of their vlogs. To me, she comes across as a mean drunk. I think her masculine side comes out strongly when she's drunk too. Honestly, I'd hate to see someone piss her off after a few drinks.

When she does get aggressive, I see Charles dealing with her obnoxiousness with humor. I wonder if anyone ever stands up to her and tells her to chill out or if everyone just caters to her temperament.
I hate hate HATE drunk Alli. I get it, we all get goofy when we're drunk and it can be funny, but watching Alli with the camera right in her face screaming and yelling into my poor ears is freaking annoying.

haylen
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by haylen »

Drunk Alli is on the same level as drunk Jesse from BFvsGF/PrankVsPrank. Just really obnoxious. I don't drink myself, so to just see people being obnoxiously drunk is so irritating.

BexxGilmour
Learner
Learner

Post by BexxGilmour »

Today, my friend said, about me,
'Oh, she just watches all the boring, nerdy YouTube videos.' And for about ten seconds I thought about saying (or screaming),
'Um, excuse me. But someone I watch has had multiple seizures, already has had one brain surgery and has to go in for another one, WHILE AWAKE. Oh, and what do 'your' youtubers do? Oh. Flit around putting up 'Monthly Favourite Videos'. This man has a world record for his videos. I don't really care about your opinion because my opinion is, most of 'your' youtubers AREN'T funny and it doesn't make me 'sad' because I don't watch one youtuber you watch, it makes me unique that I don't follow the whole 'British Crew'.'

Anyway, in all seriousness I didn't say it because I knew she meant it as a joke. But it really peed me off and I have no idea why. Sometimes I bitch about these people (youtubers), sure, and I probably will continue to, but it honestly felt like I should defend them, but I have no idea. I don't know if anyone would care about this post anyway. I felt like I needed to vent, and here seemed like a good place. Sorry for the rant. Sorry for any grammatical errors.
Let you soul take you where you long to be
- Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

indicud
Talker
Talker

Post by indicud »

Presence wrote: And make no mistake, they are not being completely authentic. When that camera is turned on, to a high degree, they are putting on a show. They are filming their lives, selectively editing what they film, and are offering it up as entertainment. They are doing it a) for notoriety and b) for money.
Do you even know what notoriety means?

doohickey
Debater
Debater

Post by doohickey »

nothingwrong wrote:Honestly, I don't see a lot of the negatives you people see in Alli, her closeness to her mom, or why you make Charles to be a saint. Neither of them are perfect, and they are human beings with faults. They shouldn't behave any different than they would if there wasn't a camera in their life, and I think the fact that we get to see the bad and the good of both of them shows they are doing it the right way - unlike others.
I think you'll find they hide the bad stuff, quite badly at that. They're not real at all, they portray their life as cleaned and polished when it very clearly is not.

And I'm sorry but Alli's relationship with her mum is none like I've ever seen and I'm super close to mine. Charles isn't a saint, but he clearly works at this relationship and wants to be romantic and thoughtful while she just plays on her DS and goes to party, oh and go everywhere with her mother.

You want a 'real' vlogging couple? Go watch someone like itsjudytime, that's real. This is reality TV with scenes created for entertainment purposes. Most have accepted it but some of us can see the fakeness.

I don't think I can watch Alli being false with other YouTubers so don't think I can watch these for a while :3

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

BexxGilmour wrote:Today, my friend said, about me,
'Oh, she just watches all the boring, nerdy YouTube videos.' And for about ten seconds I thought about saying (or screaming),
'Um, excuse me. But someone I watch has had multiple seizures, already has had one brain surgery and has to go in for another one, WHILE AWAKE. Oh, and what do 'your' youtubers do? Oh. Flit around putting up 'Monthly Favourite Videos'. This man has a world record for his videos. I don't really care about your opinion because my opinion is, most of 'your' youtubers AREN'T funny and it doesn't make me 'sad' because I don't watch one youtuber you watch, it makes me unique that I don't follow the whole 'British Crew'.'

Anyway, in all seriousness I didn't say it because I knew she meant it as a joke. But it really peed me off and I have no idea why. Sometimes I bitch about these people (youtubers), sure, and I probably will continue to, but it honestly felt like I should defend them, but I have no idea. I don't know if anyone would care about this post anyway. I felt like I needed to vent, and here seemed like a good place. Sorry for the rant. Sorry for any grammatical errors.
To be honest, I'm surprised your friend doesn't have favorite "nerdy" YouTubers of her own. Maybe I spent too much time on YouTube and on this site, but I thought it's becoming quite common to be a loyal viewer of one or more YouTubers. Even my 70 year-old mother is subscribed to various people and looks forward to them putting out new videos.

CraftyLady
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CraftyLady »

Well i got attacked today for questioning why alli decided to leave town to party before her husbands brain surgery. Apparently she had an "obligation" to get drunk at the football game.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

indicud wrote:
Presence wrote: And make no mistake, they are not being completely authentic. When that camera is turned on, to a high degree, they are putting on a show. They are filming their lives, selectively editing what they film, and are offering it up as entertainment. They are doing it a) for notoriety and b) for money.
Do you even know what notoriety means?
OMG! indicud!!! Where have you been? We've missed your abusive posts on the ShayTards thread.

I have to confess, I'm so old that, way back in the day, I actually invented the word "notoriety". In fact, I used it in that post as a shout-out to myself.

Now, was it the appropriate word to use? I think it's subjective, is it not? Does it mean someone becomes famous for doing something bad, as in, immoral, or does it mean they become famous for creating bad, as in, low-quality, content? Only you can decide, indicud. Only you.

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

emzlouise wrote:I don't think I can watch Alli being false with other YouTubers so don't think I can watch these for a while :3
Then stop watching.
I mean really, I'm not trying to be a c-nt, but this is at least the 2nd time you've said that in a week. If you're not getting enjoyment on some level, or the annoyance of them over rides the enjoyment*, then stop watching already. Jeezus.

*I don't just mean enjoyment from the videos.
Clearly I like Charles and (most of the time) Alli, but there are other YTers that I can't stand. And as horrible as it is to say, I get enjoyment from talking about them in a speculative/negative manner here. I think most people on this board can agree on that feeling. But if the sheer agony of having to sit thru Alli being "fake" or talking dogs or on tour videos outweighs the fun-ness of getting to talk poorly about them here, then go do something that makes you happy instead.

ANYWAY. I'm super excited for Charles getting his pinball machine. I've been dying for a Ms Pacman cocktail table since I was 10, so I can only imagine the excitement of finally getting it after looking forward to it for so long. Jealous!

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

CraftyLady wrote:Well i got attacked today for questioning why alli decided to leave town to party before her husbands brain surgery. Apparently she had an "obligation" to get drunk at the football game.
I have a theory.

A couple of vlogs ago, Alli filmed a bit of her and Ale at a NYC bar. Ale used to be Shay's assistant and is now the "Talent Brand Manager" at Maker Studios. (Her LinkedIn page.)

While I don't think Charles and Alli outright signed with Maker, I think they are in some deal with Maker to help them get branding deals. I also suspect this deal is new. If I'm right, my guess is it would be in bad form for both Charles and Alli to bail on a huge branding deal at this point especially if multiple parties benefit from them participating.

Moeproblems
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Moeproblems »

I have never found Alli more annoying than I did in today's vlog. OHMYGOD she's awful.

foreverbowie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverbowie »

Moeproblems wrote:I have never found Alli more annoying than I did in today's vlog. OHMYGOD she's awful.
She was trying way too hard throughout the entire vlog.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

It felt more like Alli was bragging the whole time instead of showing us what was happening

ihateliars
Talker
Talker

Post by ihateliars »

herpderpin wrote:It felt more like Alli was bragging the whole time instead of showing us what was happening
agreed!! :|

Return to “Charles Trippy”