CTFxC / The Trippys Part 2

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: CTFxC / The Trippys Part 2

Post by bloopz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:27 pm

I really never cared about Lauren being around so much until I started lurking this forum a while back ago... but now that it's pointed out, it bothers me so much. Lauren might be genuinely obsessed with her daughter & I just find it so odd. It's great that they have a good relationship, but at what point does it cross the line?

Presence wrote: Has anyone ever noticed they both, but Charles especially, brings up childhood experiences a lot? He often makes references to things that remind him of things he enjoyed as a kid. With these two, it seems like they are both trying to hang on to their youth--Alli by clinging to her mom and her video games and Charles by often reminiscing about the past and behaving like a 13-year old boy.
I feel like Alli mostly does it because she might think the whole ~tru 90's kid~ this is cool. 90's, SNES, Mario, Zelda, Gameboy, etc is all we ever hear about.

& honestly, I think it's no secret that Char might be 'holding onto his childhood' He's is just a huge man-child. Not saying that in an insulting way, that's just his personality.
Last edited by bloopz on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:horny: :halo:

indicud
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by indicud » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:32 pm

bloopz wrote:I really never cared about Lauren being around so much until I started lurking this forum a while back ago... but now that it's pointed out, it bothers me so much. Lauren might be genuinely obsessed with her daughter & I just find it so odd. It's great that they have a good relationship, but at what point does it cross the line?
LOL I came here to post this exact same thing. I'm not sure if its the influence of people on here pointing out Lauren, of it if its just me noticing how ANNOYING and weird it is seeing her pop up out of nowhere, everywhere, any time.

letmetellyou wrote:Image

:roll:
lol at those replies. the fact he just had a seizure 2 days ago doesn't mean anything in regards to having Lauren around. COMPLETELY irrelevant. he won't have another seize as clearly his have been spaced out 2-4 months from eachother. plus he's getting brain surgery in less than 2 weeks to fix that anyway.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 pm

yepyep wrote:Do you guys think its Alli that's wants to hang around or Lauren? I think it's Lauren who always wants to hang with them, and Alli just can't say no. I know when my mom asks to hang out with me I usually say yea even if I'd rather be with my friends
Considering that when they film, Alli really doesn't talk to her mom nor does Lauren really ever say anything, it's hard to get a sense of what their dynamic is like. I'd venture to guess it's Alli who clings to her mom and Lauren is happy to oblige.

doohickey
Debater
Debater

Post by doohickey » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:33 am

Ok I'm not going to even bother quoting the 'OMDZZZ YOU'RE ALL 14 YEAR OLDS WITH NO LIFE EXPERIENCE LEAVE ALLI ALOOOOONE' posters.

I'm a 23 year old with a child who's been very sick, been in a 6 year relationship and pretty much has gone through the ringer this year. Don't insult me with your blanket statements.

And seriously why is Lauren ALWAYS THERE. Why was she watching him being waxed?! SERIOUSLY. I'm close with my mum, but when I showed her some vlogs she said 'when you're married I don't even expect to see you once a week' :| she also said when my parents got married, even though they lived under the same roof as her parents they didn't honestly spend as much time together as these two do. I don't care, to me it's WEIRD.

Anyway, seeing the vlog where she 'leaves' Charles now (The melon one, I didn't see it before) it seems they spent the day together (with Lauren, woo what a fun third wheel you love to be) I suppose he was tired and decided to stay in and play with the dogs instead of going for food, which is fair enough he always stated the medication he's on makes him very fatigued. But the fact is she has left him right after he's come out of hospital to do something else and that's not right, and you can all say 'you don't know what you'd do in that situation' but I do, and I wouldn't leave. And not because you're not allowed or you're obliged to stay, but because you don't want to. It's as simple as that.

Happycupcake
Informer
Informer

Post by Happycupcake » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:18 am

I agree 100 percent. Thank you for explaining it with the right words.

LipstickQueen85
Learner
Learner

Post by LipstickQueen85 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:25 am

All I have to say is to each their own. Everyone is going to have different opinions about everything, and everyone wants to prove each other right/wrong.

GamerGirl1990
Informer
Informer

Post by GamerGirl1990 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:57 am

emzlouise wrote:Ok I'm not going to even bother quoting the 'OMDZZZ YOU'RE ALL 14 YEAR OLDS WITH NO LIFE EXPERIENCE LEAVE ALLI ALOOOOONE' posters.

I'm a 23 year old with a child who's been very sick, been in a 6 year relationship and pretty much has gone through the ringer this year. Don't insult me with your blanket statements.

And seriously why is Lauren ALWAYS THERE. Why was she watching him being waxed?! SERIOUSLY. I'm close with my mum, but when I showed her some vlogs she said 'when you're married I don't even expect to see you once a week' :| she also said when my parents got married, even though they lived under the same roof as her parents they didn't honestly spend as much time together as these two do. I don't care, to me it's WEIRD.

Anyway, seeing the vlog where she 'leaves' Charles now (The melon one, I didn't see it before) it seems they spent the day together (with Lauren, woo what a fun third wheel you love to be) I suppose he was tired and decided to stay in and play with the dogs instead of going for food, which is fair enough he always stated the medication he's on makes him very fatigued. But the fact is she has left him right after he's come out of hospital to do something else and that's not right, and you can all say 'you don't know what you'd do in that situation' but I do, and I wouldn't leave. And not because you're not allowed or you're obliged to stay, but because you don't want to. It's as simple as that.
Yeah. Fair enough. I see a lot of comments on this site that make me feel the way I do about a lot of the people who post here. In an unrelated topic I've also seen people complaining that they don't like that youtubers make money. Saying things like "I don't care if a company offered me $10,000 to promote their product in a video. I would say no because Youtube is about fun and not money." Maybe not these EXACT words but statement similar to it. A lot of those types of statements and ones complaining about every little thing Alli or Charles do, I get the impression they're written by young kids who have never paid bills, etc. Obviously many people on here are grown adults and everyone has a right to their own opinion just like I do. But sometimes people read way too much into what they see and freak out about it. If Alli isn't feeling well people think she's either pregnant or they're fighting. If Charles takes a picture with a girl on instagram people think he's cheating. Again, NOT EVERYONE but some people post things like this.

Just like when Charles was in Miami, people were saying "Why is Charles hanging out with girls in bikinis while Alli is at home!?" Charles said himself he went down there to go hang out with two of his guy friends from Youtube. The girls were friends with the two guys he was there with. But people made a big song and dance about it, speculating and making him out to be a bad guy. I don't think Alli is without fault and just like myself, or any other human on the planet, we all deserve or fair share of criticism. My whole point as that things are not always as cut and dry as they may seem to us. Again, everyone has the right to their own opinion and you can feel free to disagree with me. But at times things sure do get blown out of proportion and people speculate based on things that mean nothing.

dreamybutterfly
Informer
Informer

Post by dreamybutterfly » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:41 am

Lauren laughing in the corner while Charles is getting waxed is just too weird for me. It's not even like they had the bathroom door open to say come on in and have a look! Does Lauren not have any friends that are her own age? She is ALWAYS in the background and when they go shopping it never seems like Lauren is buying something too - she is purely just tagging along.

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 am

Izzybee wrote:But at a certain point in life, you realize that other people's relationships aren't really yours to critique. If Charles has a problem with it, he needs to tell her, or he needs to leave her. You butting into their personal business isn't going to do anything.
omg @ your queen signature. RIP <3

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:55 am

I'm sorry, but I didn't find it weird that Lauren was in there while Alli was waxing his chest. My mom would've been right there like Lauren if my significant other and I were doing the same thing. By the way some of you were talking I thought he was in his underwear or naked in front of her.
Image ImageImageImageImage

Sticky Gloss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sticky Gloss » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 am

ashhbby wrote:
Sticky Gloss wrote:
Perhaps you weren't around 3 months ago, pre-tour the last time Charles had a seizure. The weeks prior to that was horrible and Alli showed her true colors and there are obvious signs of it happening again.
wait, can you please explain what happened?
Long story short Char and Alli were pretty much living apart. She was sleeping at her parents. They were avoiding each other and he was making excuses for her in vlogs. Some days she wasn't even in the vlogs, and when she was you could tell that Char was actually scared of pissing her off, like everything was on the line. She was pretty much neglecting him and lying about everything and then he had a seizure. After they came home THAT NIGHT she ran off. It wasn't enough to but whatever fight they were having in perspective for her. It was a few days later that she finally stayed home and they seemed to clear stuff up.
forever stuffin'

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Sticky Gloss wrote: Long story short Char and Alli were pretty much living apart. She was sleeping at her parents. They were avoiding each other and he was making excuses for her in vlogs. Some days she wasn't even in the vlogs, and when she was you could tell that Char was actually scared of pissing her off, like everything was on the line. She was pretty much neglecting him and lying about everything and then he had a seizure. After they came home THAT NIGHT she ran off. It wasn't enough to but whatever fight they were having in perspective for her. It was a few days later that she finally stayed home and they seemed to clear stuff up.
wow i don't know how i missed that (must have been a time where i wasn't watching the vlogs) but wow shes really cold hearted... i always thought she was so nice but after reading this thread i realized a lot...
formerly known as ashhbby

BexxGilmour
Learner
Learner

Post by BexxGilmour » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm almost shocked that Charles is so chill about Alli leaving him just a bit after his seizure. I guess from reading from here made me feel biased against Alli for leaving him on his own sometimes (especially so close after a seizure) but he seems chill about it, and was the one who suggested it. I guess that's goooood. I just hope he stays around a few friends as a precaution, I suppose.
Let you soul take you where you long to be
- Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

overtheolivetree
Informer
Informer

Post by overtheolivetree » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:16 pm

ashhbby wrote:
Sticky Gloss wrote: Long story short Char and Alli were pretty much living apart. She was sleeping at her parents. They were avoiding each other and he was making excuses for her in vlogs. Some days she wasn't even in the vlogs, and when she was you could tell that Char was actually scared of pissing her off, like everything was on the line. She was pretty much neglecting him and lying about everything and then he had a seizure. After they came home THAT NIGHT she ran off. It wasn't enough to but whatever fight they were having in perspective for her. It was a few days later that she finally stayed home and they seemed to clear stuff up.
wow i don't know how i missed that (must have been a time where i wasn't watching the vlogs) but wow shes really cold hearted... i always thought she was so nice but after reading this thread i realized a lot...
I don't think she's mean or cold-hearted, I just think she doesn't know how to deal with conflict so she runs away.

Sticky Gloss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sticky Gloss » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:52 pm

overtheolivetree wrote:I don't think she's mean or cold-hearted, I just think she doesn't know how to deal with conflict so she runs away.
This. She's young. She doesn't understand that what she's doing isn't the way to handle the situation.

As far as Char being so casual about Alli going to NY I think him more than anyone is desperate for things to remain normal. Even if he was worried about having another one, he'd still insist on her going because he's very concerned with maintaining promises to his audience. Which is why he's one of my favorite youtubers, but I feel like he takes it a little far.
forever stuffin'

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Why is Alli going to NY?

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:04 pm

^ Pepsi event.
:horny: :halo:

doohickey
Debater
Debater

Post by doohickey » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:33 am

How is a pepsi event 'work'?

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:57 am

For all you saying that it's weird that Lauren was there when Alli was waxing Charles' chest. I actually think they were at Lauren and Dennis' house. If you look at the bathroom, it looks nothing like neither of the bathrooms that are in Charles and Alli's place. Unless they have a third bathroom we don't know about yet, haha.

dreamybutterfly
Informer
Informer

Post by dreamybutterfly » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:13 am

WiiKristina wrote:For all you saying that it's weird that Lauren was there when Alli was waxing Charles' chest. I actually think they were at Lauren and Dennis' house. If you look at the bathroom, it looks nothing like neither of the bathrooms that are in Charles and Alli's place. Unless they have a third bathroom we don't know about yet, haha.
Yes I do think it was at Alli's parents home.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 am

emzlouise wrote:How is a pepsi event 'work'?
It may not be everyone's idea of conventional work but celebrities are often paid by sponsors or even event places in general to just show up. It is still considered work even if it doesn't seem very difficult.

doohickey
Debater
Debater

Post by doohickey » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:34 am

I understand that, but seeing as neither of them have been promoting pepsi, I find it rather random.

Jaylie
Talker
Talker

Post by Jaylie » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Maybe Pepsi is to become a sponsor in the future. Who knows!

haylen
Debater
Debater

Post by haylen » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:32 pm

dreamybutterfly wrote:
WiiKristina wrote:For all you saying that it's weird that Lauren was there when Alli was waxing Charles' chest. I actually think they were at Lauren and Dennis' house. If you look at the bathroom, it looks nothing like neither of the bathrooms that are in Charles and Alli's place. Unless they have a third bathroom we don't know about yet, haha.
Yes I do think it was at Alli's parents home.
Oh yeah, they were definitely at her parents. They probably just walked over with the dogs since you can hear them during the clip in the background.

As for the Pepsi thing, probably along the same lines as a bunch of the California YouTubers going to some Taco Bell events. Just Pepsi getting their brand out there in a different means of social media.

Return to “Charles Trippy”