Charles "Hypochondriac" Trippy - Part 48.

SBC1990
Informer
Informer

Charles "Hypochondriac" Trippy - Part 48.

Post by SBC1990 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Title Credit : veronicasays-

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude :tu:

SBC1990
Informer
Informer

Re: Charles "Hypochondriac" Trippy - Part 48.

Post by SBC1990 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 pm

We need this pinned to the top, thanks mods =)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude :tu:

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Charles

Post by rai1234 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm

:rofl:

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Meghan Tonges made a video saying she wasn't invited to VidCon 2018, so I check...Charles isn't on the current list either. Alli Speed is. Huh. I wonder if he wasn't invited or chose not to go???

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:02 pm

:nana:

Jendell
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jendell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:28 pm

In today's news of the one and only boring ass Mr Charles Trippy, A3 titled today's vlog and people were genuinely worried about Charles. It's titled "IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER". this time however, people seemed to have mixed reactions with that like/dislike ration and the comment section. As usual, they explained that it's NOT click bait and you need to watch the video. and Charles praised guys in the comment section in figuring it out "smart"it's not clickbait and basically calling everyone who doesn't get that it's actually the tour that has ended, "stupid". :respekt:

mrs_damon
Learner
Learner

Post by mrs_damon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Hey C&A since we all know you guys read here..

This has been regurgitated over and over again and it really is common sense by now (at least should be) but I think it bears repeating: viewers. hate. clickbait. You know when you utilize the word "IT" that that's inherently clickbaity because the "IT" could mean anything. You can shout to the heavens that the titles you choose aren't clickbait but you know as well as all of us that they are. I understand why you have to insist they aren't because any naive 8 year old who worships the likes of Logan Paul & Shay Carl just want that assurance that your titles are kosher but the purposeful "it" usage & using "(not clickbait)" on certain vidyas just further proves the CB point.

I write for a movie news site and our editors cannot emphasize enough the disdain readers feel when they have to click on a link to read which actor is starring in what, for example. If you title your piece "This Marvel Star Will Join This DC Hero In This Upcoming Thriller!" you will get all the shit thrown at your cyber self and honestly, rightfully so IMO. Title the thing "Chris Evans Will Join Henry Cavill In Untitled Thriller" or something. If you'd like to throw some fun into it (and really, don't we all love fun?) maybe something like "Match Made In Superhero Heaven: Chris Evans And Henry Cavill Team Up For Untitled Thriller." or some shit. Idk the intricacies involved in a YT title works but for written pieces, you could easily come up with a better title than the bolded one.

Baiting viewers like that shows a blatant disrespect for your audience and is just all around shitty.

I'm bringing this up because I, like many here have stated, come to the forum to see what actually happened in today's CB titled video. Today's was "ITS FINALLY OVER!" and good god could I not roll my eyes harder. C&A, if you titled the thing "AUSTRALIA TOUR (or wherever they went) 2018 IS FINALLY OVER!" I probably would've gave it a like.... probably.

But yeah, you guys do you. Wtf do I know I spent ten minutes giving a shitty titling lesson :tu:

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 pm

A big difference too is the "clickbait" titles with Alli Speed actually involved entertaining videos. That's what he doesn't seem to get-- he and Allie are so boring and not very smart or quick with humor...I mean I'm a fiend for YT wedding videos and I couldn't even get through theirs. It's not anything against Allie, I'd have difficulty being on vlogs every damn day...I'm not charismatic enough for that ish. Clearly she's over it...but literally cannot escape it at the same time. I think in the very beginning she should've just told him she wasn't okay with the vlogs and stood her ground a bit more with it but instead she got lured into playing house and not having to work anymore aside from editing...

they would benefit SO much from a break. it's sad but I think Charles wants to do this until he physically can't anymore...this podcast from 2015 at 47:20...he literally discusses telling Allie to continue his channel even if he passes away.

Put the camera down and live lives away from the internet!!! Gah. Maybe Allie can get through to him to stop wasting his energy editing and filming and reading criticism and responding. He truly is addicted.

Jendell
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jendell » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:00 pm

skittles wrote: Put the camera down and live lives away from the internet!!! Gah. Maybe Allie can get through to him to stop wasting his energy editing and filming and reading criticism and responding. He truly is addicted.
I don't think he's addicted, just someone who wants to holds his record for most consecutive Vlogs. That is his one and only prize that he has. He is also scared some other Youtube Vlogger will take his prize if he stopped Vlogging even if it's a day. It's truly sad. if you noticed, there are some days that he will do "one takes" and challenge videos and post it up and it counts as a day. I think even Charles is tired of it but he can't stop. I'm sure there will be a day that he will stop even if it's temporarily. And when that happens I hope he finally says screw it and realise that prize is nothing but ruining him

By the way, what happened to the old certificate of the Guinness World Record? Was it scrapped because Alli Trippy was in it?

DirkDiggler
Debater
Debater

Post by DirkDiggler » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 am

At this point, I honestly couldn't care less about their click bait titles because they do it so often and in such a blatantly way that I think we should all be used to it by now. It's to the point where I just chuckle at their shameless futile attempts at trying to drum up a pathetic few thousand more views to their already pathetic normal view count. But what really ruffle my feathers is these two disingenuous fuckheads making dumbass excuses and pretending that they're innocent in all this with their "But, but....it's in the vlog....It's just a grabbing headline (whatever the fuck that means)" Bitch please....you know g'damn well what you're doing, just wear it. I'd respect them just a tiny bit more if they were to do that instead of acting like they arn't trying to bait people with those titles and thumbnails.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 am

I guess I wonder how he’d react if he truly missed a day. If somehow he didn’t have internet for a few days and couldn’t do anything about it (which is hard to imagine in this day and age). I just picture him desperately freaking out but maybe he’d actually be relieved. Every time the new year daily vlog anniversary comes up in May I just hope he ends the streak for his own benefit

Nicktoon
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicktoon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:37 am

DirkDiggler wrote:At this point, I honestly couldn't care less about their click bait titles because they do it so often and in such a blatantly way that I think we should all be used to it by now. It's to the point where I just chuckle at their shameless futile attempts at trying to drum up a pathetic few thousand more views to their already pathetic normal view count. But what really ruffle my feathers is these two disingenuous fuckheads making dumbass excuses and pretending that they're innocent in all this with their "But, but....it's in the vlog....It's just a grabbing headline (whatever the fuck that means)" Bitch please....you know g'damn well what you're doing, just wear it. I'd respect them just a tiny bit more if they were to do that instead of acting like they arn't trying to bait people with those titles and thumbnails.
This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel.

I'll give it to them - even as a former fan I trulyget it. I get why they're doing what they're doing. Sometimes, adding that extra emphasis on something just a bit more dramatic can get them up to twice as many views in a day. It might not sound that much, but I could imagine it's the difference between like $150 and $300 in revenue that day, and it eventually adds up to alot of extra cash. And that's just by adding a different title to a video and it takes like 15 seconds. In theory, it's not really a bad move. Some also argue that it's just a title and it's whatever, which I sometimes agree with.

But see, the deal for me is that Charles is a smart guy. He seems kind of goofy and off but he's smart. He knows his way around money. Charles also has a weird, kind of tainted relationship with his viewers. I don't doubt for a second that he still tries to retain that familiar old Ctfxc-feeling of authenticity, but the divorce and all the shit he and Allie were given probably genuinly hurt him and still stings. So he does this thing where he jokes around that they're sort of broke, but in reality he's still bitter and probably wants to cash in all he can from this before he decides to leave.

My point is that Allie and Charles know very, very well that they're "clickbaiting" people. They even made a hat with the phrase as a way to make fun of all the "haters". They think it's funny people get upset that they're making extra money, and they probably laugh about it when the camera's off. Maybe him and Speed did the same thing, who knows, but together him and Allie form this weird duo and an atmosphere of "everyone who doesn't get it is silly", "just a title" and "turkeys".

So, Charles does what he does best. He makes money. He writes some off-handed title that he knows is alluding to his brain cancer and his health. Allie plays on her anxiety and amps up the vlogs with lowercase letters. Sometimes the dogs are sick, or there's a mysterious illness that's worrying them. There are thousands of old fans who watch, and get worried, because they care about him. No one wants to hear that he got another seizure, or that one of the dogs died, or that Allie had a panic attack. Alot of people still care, but alot of people also means more views and more money. And Charles will read this, and he will chuckle and then he'll talk to Allie about this effing "clickbait-discussion" and how we're all just low-lifes.

Meanwhile, people just walk away from the vlogs and from investing in Charles' life one by one, because it takes a certain kind of guy to make a title alluding to his brain cancer to get extra money from people who call themselves fans. And Charles won't even get it, and he'll keep being bitter until one day he decides to tell us all to go to hell and shut off his camera, which he absolutely will. Maybe then he'll understand that people actually still cared about him.

sharna_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharna_ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:37 am

Jendell wrote:In today's news of the one and only boring ass Mr Charles Trippy, A3 titled today's vlog and people were genuinely worried about Charles. It's titled "IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER". this time however, people seemed to have mixed reactions with that like/dislike ration and the comment section. As usual, they explained that it's NOT click bait and you need to watch the video. and Charles praised guys in the comment section in figuring it out "smart"it's not clickbait and basically calling everyone who doesn't get that it's actually the tour that has ended, "stupid". :respekt:
I think Charles titles the vlogs when Allie is in them because he has to send her everything and she only has 4 clips in those but idk she probably did title those :roll:

veronicasays-
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by veronicasays- » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Jendell wrote:and Charles praised guys in the comment section in figuring it out "smart"it's not clickbait and basically calling everyone who doesn't get that it's actually the tour that has ended, "stupid".
He shouldn't be able to even talk about intelligence because as he's sitting down in a recent vlog to eat French toast, he states, "I don't think I've ever had French toast in France though. I need to do that." Is he under the general assumption that French toast originated in France? Because no.

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:06 pm

skittles wrote:A big difference too is the "clickbait" titles with Alli Speed actually involved entertaining videos.
Wow... I think you hit the nail on the head there. Yeah EVERYONE uses catchy titles, but they are entertaining videos. Hell even if its " the worlds biggest pimple!" or whatever.... I know obviously its not, but they were entertaining enough at the time it didnt matter. Now videos are boring as hell and just get more annoyed by the title. Its like reading a clickbait article, and when you read the context of it, its nothing.

Being said, I rarely watch videos now, will never click on the obvious click bait titles. and just look on here to keep up. haha.

TeamAlli
Informer
Informer

Post by TeamAlli » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:36 am

I am waiting for him to make a title "THE LAST VLOG" then talking about the last vlog he made for 5 seconds.

Amanda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amanda » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 pm

veronicasays- wrote:
Jendell wrote:and Charles praised guys in the comment section in figuring it out "smart"it's not clickbait and basically calling everyone who doesn't get that it's actually the tour that has ended, "stupid".
He shouldn't be able to even talk about intelligence because as he's sitting down in a recent vlog to eat French toast, he states, "I don't think I've ever had French toast in France though. I need to do that." Is he under the general assumption that French toast originated in France? Because no.
I laughed when he said that and waited for the punchline but it never happened LOL

Useless info but I’m in North east England and we call it eggy bread.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:16 pm

oooooohhhh my god today's title and thumbnail. I haven't even started watching yet.

urtrash
Informer
Informer

Post by urtrash » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:33 pm

i havent watched a vlog in a while...anything new in their lives?

tsutsumagu
Talker
Talker

Post by tsutsumagu » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:37 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a drama queen. I'm not even going to watch. Allie's just at home all day, she can easily upload something if Charles is without internet.

Oh, and Delta lost his luggage again. Didn't someone say in the last thread that he was going to be bitching about that again soon? :rofl:

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:45 pm

tsutsumagu wrote:Image

What a drama queen. I'm not even going to watch. Allie's just at home all day, she can easily upload something if Charles is without internet.

Oh, and Delta lost his luggage again. Didn't someone say in the last thread that he was going to be bitching about that again soon? :rofl:
The beginning of the vlog is a recording of their phone call when Allie called him to ask him where his footage is and he realized he forgot to film. I'm having a hard time believing that was a real time recording?

tsutsumagu
Talker
Talker

Post by tsutsumagu » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:02 pm

rai1234 wrote:
tsutsumagu wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="https://i.imgur.com/wZ4Dwfi.png[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>imgur</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>wZ4Dwfi</span><span>.</span><span>png</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

The beginning of the vlog is a recording of their phone call when Allie called him to ask him where his footage is and he realized he forgot to film. I'm having a hard time believing that was a real time recording?
He forgot to film? After over 3,000 days, Charles Trippy forgot to film. Yeah right!

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 pm

The beginning of that video is so awkward. He tried to turn it into this thriller movie introduction or something....idk how Allie deals with it all and it seems like she really wishes the record would stop already

shyeffect
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shyeffect » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:52 pm

rai1234 wrote:

So fake :rofl:

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:03 pm

rai1234 wrote:

That’s so silly. I remember a while back I think back with A2. They had a hard time finding internet to upload. So he uploaded a short clip straight from his phone. I remember him specifically saying, the record still counts because he’s still uploading on that day. I’m sure he has a back up plan if he can’t send footage or whatever. Allie will just us load on her own. I would assume maybe that would be the first video with no Charles?

And like others have said. BS that he forgot to film. He’s been doing this for years. It’s his job and why he holds the stupid title. I thought he was saying he works at this 40 hours a week like a real job. What a turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Charles Trippy”