Charles "We Almost" Trippy - Part 43

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Charles

Post by tbonegal1989 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:25 pm

veronicasays- wrote:Holy crap. Seems like I missed a lot here.

I'm going to take a moment to say how Zack needs to be in the vlogs more because he's attractive and I like his personality. Charles, help a girl out. Lol
tbonegal1989 wrote:Allie is complaining in the vlog that a small stone in her ring fell out and even though Charles has it covered with a warranty she is saying the band might not work out.
As someone who was once engaged, I can say work on the ring is a pain in the ass. I had my ring resized and the stone on the side fell out, too. What they should of done was reinforce them after adjusting the band. Cutting a portion of the band and squeezing the ring back together causes tension in the band and stone settings. Especially since they had to shift the stone-less portions around, too.

She's giving up too quickly. Yes, a ring that size isn't the ideal ring for me at all. I, personally, don't find it practical at all. Why spend the time to bring it back to be fixed if it's not working out? A ring that'll be worn nearly 24/7 is going to go through wear and tear. Be patient and stick it out, Allie.
I agree that she should stick it out, but she seems to doubt it will work out. I know its "suppose" to last for a lifetime, but it is getting fitted for you (ex. a wedding dress). It might take a few visits to get it just right.

Charles carefully to picked out this ring even if he didn't pick from her pinterest board. I think the ring is a very simple and timeless design that I would even like. She probably was looking at other settings with her sister that would be more her style. I understand a stone fell out, but the end of her portion of the vlog she was acting like she was already over it. I'm sure insurance covered the stone right??

SuperLurker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SuperLurker » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:10 pm

All these two knuckleheads talked about today was the damn ring.

Every. Damn. Clip. The SAME story.

Allie repeats herself so much it's painfully irritating to listen to.

veronicasays-
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Charles "We Almost" Trippy - Part 43

Post by veronicasays- » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:53 pm

tbonegal1989 wrote:I'm sure insurance covered the stone right??
Well, it turns out I was right. They pushed the portion of the ring without the stones towards the band. In the vlog, you can see the curvature that happened to the diamond band when the other one was pushed in. Charles explained that it screwed up the entire ring and multiple jewelers said they (whoever did the customization) shouldn't have done it. In his terms, "it screwed up the integrity of the ring itself." In my terms, the structure is shot.

He said he designed a new ring. More simple. And he's going to surprise her with that in a few days. My guess is, is that Allie showed him ideas of what she wanted instead, and he copied along. Let's see. Maybe it will match a Pinterest post.

veronicasays-
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by veronicasays- » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Oops. Double post.
Last edited by veronicasays- on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Ok. I see the problem now. I wonder where Allie went to get the ring fixed in the first place if they would all be against it.

My guess on the new design. Something like this.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 5baac4.jpg

Does Charles have to buy another ring now or do jewelers allow returns?

centerofperiphery
Talker
Talker

Post by centerofperiphery » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 am

the story of tonight mv is out today. i only found out in the comments that the song is a "rock rendition" of hamilton's story of tonight.. geez, i don't recall wtk ever mentioning (or did i miss it?) that or giving credit. they really took "the story of" tagline and ran with it for the whole tour didn't day?

katyhh
Learner
Learner

Post by katyhh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 pm

tbonegal1989 wrote:Ok. I see the problem now. I wonder where Allie went to get the ring fixed in the first place if they would all be against it.

Every jeweller will be different, when my fiancé bought my ring he was told it could only be exchanged not returned and if we wanted to exchange the new ring had to be an extra 50% of the value of the first one and that was only if we hadn't altered it so given it's been altered to fit Allie's finger they'd be less likely to take it back. They could always sell the bits separately to get some of the money back I suppose, diamonds and white gold (or platinum I'm not sure which it is?) are always worth something!

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:24 pm

katyhh wrote:
tbonegal1989 wrote:Ok. I see the problem now. I wonder where Allie went to get the ring fixed in the first place if they would all be against it.

Every jeweller will be different, when my fiancé bought my ring he was told it could only be exchanged not returned and if we wanted to exchange the new ring had to be an extra 50% of the value of the first one and that was only if we hadn't altered it so given it's been altered to fit Allie's finger they'd be less likely to take it back. They could always sell the bits separately to get some of the money back I suppose, diamonds and white gold (or platinum I'm not sure which it is?) are always worth something!
So he can't use the same diamonds that were on the other ring?

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:24 pm

katyhh wrote:

katyhh
Learner
Learner

Post by katyhh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:33 pm

tbonegal1989 wrote:
katyhh wrote:

Oh yeah, he could! He would probably need to pay the extra for redesigning and any extra metal etc but yeah they could pull the diamonds out and reset them given he's already bought them, they could probably also melt down the metal to redesign it too. Sorry I thought you were just asking if he could return it to the store he bought it from!

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:55 pm

katyhh wrote:
tbonegal1989 wrote:
katyhh wrote:

Oh yeah, he could! He would probably need to pay the extra for redesigning and any extra metal etc but yeah they could pull the diamonds out and reset them given he's already bought them, they could probably also melt down the metal to redesign it too. Sorry I thought you were just asking if he could return it to the store he bought it from!
It would be really awesome if he could use all the same stones and melt the band to create a new one. But I think it would take too long. Thanks for your knowledge about ring. I always think that rings can be easily manipulated without considering that they are fragile in some way.

SanFranSeattlite
Informer
Informer

Post by SanFranSeattlite » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:09 am

centerofperiphery wrote:the story of tonight mv is out today. i only found out in the comments that the song is a "rock rendition" of hamilton's story of tonight.. geez, i don't recall wtk ever mentioning (or did i miss it?) that or giving credit. they really took "the story of" tagline and ran with it for the whole tour didn't day?
Danny and Travis talked about it in their live stream when the single was released. Lin-Manuel Miranda tweeted about it and thanked WTK for sending donuts to the Broadway cast after the single drop, and I believe that Danny and Travis went to see Hamilton on this last tour.

Ozzy
Talker
Talker

Post by Ozzy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:53 am

He said the same stones were going to be used in the new ring, well the large diamond anyway. Its being put on a temporary setting so she's got something to wear while the new one is being made, then when the new ring is ready it will be set permanently into that one.

centerofperiphery
Talker
Talker

Post by centerofperiphery » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 am

SanFranSeattlite wrote:
centerofperiphery wrote:the story of tonight mv is out today. i only found out in the comments that the song is a "rock rendition" of hamilton's story of tonight.. geez, i don't recall wtk ever mentioning (or did i miss it?) that or giving credit. they really took "the story of" tagline and ran with it for the whole tour didn't day?
Danny and Travis talked about it in their live stream when the single was released. Lin-Manuel Miranda tweeted about it and thanked WTK for sending donuts to the Broadway cast after the single drop, and I believe that Danny and Travis went to see Hamilton on this last tour.
Good to know. Just didnt hear charles ever mentioning except danny and travis going to see hamilton

veronicasays-
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by veronicasays- » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:43 am

tbonegal1989 wrote:Does Charles have to buy another ring now or do jewelers allow returns?
From what I think Charles was trying to explain before Allie took over the conversation, it seemed like the original jeweler was at fault. They didn't say anything against it. Until, the stone popped out and Allie was getting advice from other jewelers that kept saying it shouldn't have been done. A day late and a dollar short.
It could be also why they're going out of the way to create a new one and give her a temporary setting. That says, "We fucked up. We're going to make it better." Bottom line, that ring was botched.

Any title ideas for the next part?

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 am

veronicasays- wrote:
tbonegal1989 wrote:Does Charles have to buy another ring now or do jewelers allow returns?
From what I think Charles was trying to explain before Allie took over the conversation, it seemed like the original jeweler was at fault. They didn't say anything against it. Until, the stone popped out and Allie was getting advice from other jewelers that kept saying it shouldn't have been done. A day late and a dollar short.
It could be also why they're going out of the way to create a new one and give her a temporary setting. That says, "We fucked up. We're going to make it better." Bottom line, that ring was botched.

Any title ideas for the next part?
I was hoping you'd suggest one. You always come up with the best titles. A few pages back I suggested Charles "3rd Time's the Charm?" Trippy. I'm sure someone could come up with something better. :respekt:

veronicasays-
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by veronicasays- » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Charles "Life JUST Hit Me" Trippy - Part 44
In memory of that sprinkler situation in todays vlog.

I don't know. Things are a little dry lately with him. Now that Allie is taking over editing and on damage control.

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:13 am

I guess I was getting very confused when Charles was looking at three different diamonds at the jewelers.

I do find it funny how Charles is confused by the sprinkler system. Probably has to do with debris trapped in valve.

jinalebcool
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by jinalebcool » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:39 am

I just found out about the engagement and I was wondering why the 5th of march (or the 6th in Australia)... Maybe it was their first real date (but I went back to the vlogs with A2 and they were in LA on those days for Shay's bday... )

The only meaningful thing I found is that the 6 of March was when he did his first brain surgery...
Also, between the 5th and the 6th of April was when Alli S. left.

Maybe I am pushing it and the 5th-6th of March is a random day, but with Charles, anything is possible!
Note: Charles did say in a comment that he has been with Allie W for 2 years but back in March 2014 with was still with Alli S. He didn't say ''almost'' 2 years. Just a thought
English is not my first language nor my second :) Sorry for any mistakes I make!

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:13 am

jinalebcool wrote:I just found out about the engagement and I was wondering why the 5th of march (or the 6th in Australia)... Maybe it was their first real date (but I went back to the vlogs with A2 and they were in LA on those days for Shay's bday... )

The only meaningful thing I found is that the 6 of March was when he did his first brain surgery...

Maybe I am pushing it and the 5th-6th of March is a random day, but with Charles, anything is possible!
Note: Charles did say in a comment that he has been with Allie W for 2 years but back in March 2014 with was still with Alli S. He didn't say ''almost'' 2 years. Just a thought
Might be Allie saying it. They don't say who is typing in the chat sometimes and Allie never uses her youtube account to comment. But I would like to see that screenshot.

jinalebcool
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by jinalebcool » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:12 pm

tbonegal1989 wrote:
jinalebcool wrote:I just found out about the engagement and I was wondering why the 5th of march (or the 6th in Australia)... Maybe it was their first real date (but I went back to the vlogs with A2 and they were in LA on those days for Shay's bday... )

Might be Allie saying it. They don't say who is typing in the chat sometimes and Allie never uses her youtube account to comment. But I would like to see that screenshot.
My bad, he did say ''close to 2 years''!
Dixen wrote:Charles posted a reply to someone who thought it was to soon.

English is not my first language nor my second :) Sorry for any mistakes I make!

Kittykatwh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kittykatwh » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:38 am

How is Charles able to make a living with his view count so low? This has to be stressing him out big time!

Kittykatwh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kittykatwh » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:40 am

Oh, does anyone think that Allie contributes money to their household? All of their traveling has to get expensive.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:04 am

Kittykatwh wrote:How is Charles able to make a living with his view count so low? This has to be stressing him out big time!
He tours with the band, album sales, merchandise sales, sponsorships, etc. There are other means coming in besides views on his videos. Though, I do think he's had to make some lifestyle adjustments here and there.

As for Allie contributing. I strongly believe she is an employee of the CTFxC or just Charles Trippy, so whatever she brings in goes right back to him. I still don't think she has some "outside" job. Other than sponsorships on her IG.

gatorade
Talker
Talker

Post by gatorade » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:52 am

it def was weird when allie was talking about vlogumentary today

Return to “Charles Trippy”