Charles "Contradiction" Trippy - Part 37

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Charles "Contradiction" Trippy - Part 37

Post by tbonegal1989 »

I have been tempted to do the same thing, but I was more likely to find Alli's number rather than Charles. Never did do it.... even when I knew I was going to quit.

Smoke-and-somnolence
Talker
Talker

Post by Smoke-and-somnolence »

Wow looks like we have a few Floridians in here, I had no idea.

OhReallyNow
Informer
Informer

Post by OhReallyNow »

GG has seen users lose their jobs for looking up names on work computers/networks. Ask Ford_Wife (TheLittleFamilyof3), lol.

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

well, it is a HIPAA violation and also illegal. i definitely wouldn't recommend it, let alone telling strangers on a forum that you did it.

Sunny38
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sunny38 »

SunnyDays wrote:
YumiYoko wrote:she mentions that when they are old and gray with kids and grandkids they will have the vlogs to look back on... so both of these idiots think this is forever
Also, I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude... But Charles will never be old and gray. She needs to stop saying shit like that. It's not doing anyone any good.
Well it's better than to say he is gonna die in a few years, they just try to be positive I guess.

cw29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cw29 »

letmetellyou wrote:well, it is a HIPAA violation and also illegal. i definitely wouldn't recommend it, let alone telling strangers on a forum that you did it.
People need to learn when something is appropriate or inappropriate to share on here, especially if they're working with documents/information like that. They should know that already.

sadsong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sadsong »

Sunny38 wrote:
SunnyDays wrote:
YumiYoko wrote:she mentions that when they are old and gray with kids and grandkids they will have the vlogs to look back on... so both of these idiots think this is forever
Also, I don't mean to be disrespectful or rude... But Charles will never be old and gray. She needs to stop saying shit like that. It's not doing anyone any good.
Well it's better than to say he is gonna die in a few years, they just try to be positive I guess.
When she said that it occurred to me for a moment that she might not know otherwise. Do we even know Charles has even told her the truth? He is so optimistic I don't think he'd intentionally omit that information, but he might be of the "I'm gonna kick it's ass" and she's going along with it.

I don't even think he's been back to see his surgeon in Boston yet. He and Alli did fly out before the divorce but the appointment got cancelled whilst they were on the plane so they spent the day in Atlanta instead. I don't think he's had a "let's sit down and talk about what's going to happen" appointment since, well, it happened. Just MRI scans and quick after-appointments with the radiologist.

Then again, it's obvious looking back to the months leading to the second surgery that the seizures and stealth scan/appointment in Boston whilst on tour, Charles and Alli kept it quiet the tumour was coming back and only half-heartedly owned up to it in the two weeks before the second surgery. Charles could be keeping doctor visits quiet.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

if his tumor is this aggressive i would bet on him not being here when he's "old and grey" like Allie thinks. sorry but i have dealt with cancer in my personal life too many times to know when it's bad, it's really bad.

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 »

A lot of doctors have to try and stay positive for their patient. They want the patient to believe that they can beat the odds.

His tumor is aggressive enough to grow even in a short amount of time. If it isn't scar tissue (which I don't think it is) then he will either be on pills every few months or a more aggressive approach (radiation) or stronger chemo.

sadsong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sadsong »

No doubt he will be on chemo for the duration. Some stay on it for 10-20 years with this type of Brain Tumour to keep the growth at bay if it works! Sometimes, the tumour becomes non-receptive to the chemotherapy so then he will probably end up having radiation, and then have to go to stronger (IV, traditional) chemotherapy, and that's when things start going downhill because long-term IV chemotherapy as a lot of us know well, has it's pitfalls, and is not an option for the duration. Interestingly the older you are with this form of Brain Cancer, the more receptive generally patients are and they have better prognosis. Charles is quite young, his prognosis isn't brilliant but I mean, he will probably see 40 or 50 if he gets through the next 2-3 years which is when things are likely to go wrong before they get better. Perhaps he doesn't realize it right now, but he's really in the middle of "the storm" the couple of years window after this diagnosis that determines how the cancer goes, it's just a constant struggle in this time to control it. As evident, as he's had to go back on chemo due to it growing again.

I like Charles despite his shortfalls, I do not want to see him die. I do not want to see this dude vlogging the rest of his ACTUAL life. I am praying he goes on to have a happy life and have a family of his own one day, when he's finally matured and grown up, and he gets to see his children grow up, but he has a long as fukkkk road ahead of him dealing with the brain cancer.

It's amazing how different brain cancers yield different prognosis' and results. I know there are different types of a lot of cancers, but the varying degrees of brain cancers have always been a wonder to me. There is such a huge spectrum. My mother's good friend has brain cancer, I forget what type, she actually fell ill with it a year ago to this week, and the last year has been rough, and she doesn't have much longer to go I don't think. Her brain cancer is very aggressive. But then, so is Charles', but his type is more receptive to treatment so it's more manageable long-term.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

I don't think anyone wants to see Charles die. Cancer is a horrible thing and for the shit hand he was dealt he seems to be getting by pretty well, or at least that's how he portrays it in his vlogs even if he is a total idiot.

What does annoy me is that people use his cancer as a "get out of jail free card" whenever he acts like an asshole. "They poked my brain", "he's on ativan" blah blah. Some drugs do cause bad side effects but in this case it's just Charles being Charles, and his stans perpetuate it every time.

sadsong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sadsong »

herpderpin wrote:I don't think anyone wants to see Charles die. Cancer is a horrible thing and for the shit hand he was dealt he seems to be getting by pretty well, or at least that's how he portrays it in his vlogs even if he is a total idiot.

What does annoy me is that people use his cancer as a "get out of jail free card" whenever he acts like an asshole. "They poked my brain", "he's on ativan" blah blah. Some drugs do cause bad side effects but in this case it's just Charles being Charles, and his stans perpetuate it every time.
Agreed. And it looks like a lot of his friends (that he has left) and family have unconditionally supported him through the divorce saga because of this reason. Not directly mentioning it of course. But when Melissa is barely seen prior to the divorce and then comes out as Charles' #1 advocate when he and A3 hook up, it's obvious she thinks her brother is immune to criticism and backlash because of his disease.

Back in late 2009, my brother and his (then) fiancé, were going through a rough patch. Well they spent Christmas and New Years together and then broke up around about this time (second or third week of January 2010). He then very quickly began dating a new girl who's now his wife! That isn't unusual behaviour for my brother, he is a womanizer and like Charles, can't be without a woman. Well it wasn't until my brothers and who's now my sister-in-laws engagement party a year later, my sister in law slipped up and said their anniversary of their first date was New Years day 2010, when my brother and his ex fiancé we still clearly living together and together as a couple. I was CLOSE with his ex-fiancé, I called him out on it so hard (and my sister in law). I didn't speak to my brother properly for months. I wasn't even sure I was going to go to their wedding at one point. He made it seem like she was a liar and that's why they separated, and that's why they separated, thus forcing me to sever any relationship I had with his fiancé, who I was so close to. When really he was the liar. If my brother had cancer during that time, I'd of still called him out on his shitty behaviour. Nothing exempts you from behaviour like that IMO.

tribalpants
Debater
Debater

Post by tribalpants »

As someone who dated a guy for a long time who had cancer, I've seen how it changes people. I don't hate Charles I really do pity him. I like to think I can relate a bit to what Alli was going through when it comes to Charles and I'm glad she got out of that situation. It took me three years to get away from my ex and I've never looked back. Sadly the person cancer turned him into is who he stayed.

People with cancer often push the people theyou love away by being rude and abrasive, but then when they want comfort they expect the person to be over the verbal abuse and to just comfort them. I think Charles pushed Alli away in ways we don't know and when she stopped putting up with it he looked elsewhere for comfort. Sadly he fixed a temporary problem with a permanent answer and he will never be getting Alli back.

katiebeth
Informer
Informer

Post by katiebeth »

tribalpants wrote:As someone who dated a guy for a long time who had cancer, I've seen how it changes people. I don't hate Charles I really do pity him. I like to think I can relate a bit to what Alli was going through when it comes to Charles and I'm glad she got out of that situation. It took me three years to get away from my ex and I've never looked back. Sadly the person cancer turned him into is who he stayed.

People with cancer often push the people theyou love away by being rude and abrasive, but then when they want comfort they expect the person to be over the verbal abuse and to just comfort them. I think Charles pushed Alli away in ways we don't know and when she stopped putting up with it he looked elsewhere for comfort. Sadly he fixed a temporary problem with a permanent answer and he will never be getting Alli back.
While I'm sure that cancer has probably changed Charles in some ways, I honestly don't think it has a lot to do with the things he's been criticized here for. Based on his history and a lot of the things that have been dug up by GG PI, he's the same asshole he's always been.

lucipuurrrr
Talker
Talker

Post by lucipuurrrr »

I find it gross that i bet most of the poop in his back grassed area is from his dogs.

tbonegal1989
Informer
Informer

Post by tbonegal1989 »

We had this guy in my high school class, and a few years back he had cancer. I really tried to be nice to the guy, but he was a total creep. He would sit behind my friend in class and smell her hair.

My neighbor/family friend had a form of brain cancer, he was in his 40-50s and in great shape. He didn't respond well to chemo. He did everything. His family went all organic, he went to Boston to see doctors. He had about 3 surgeries. There were two times when he had to be rushed to the hospital so they could take just a little bit more out. He died about a year ago, the last 6 months or so were hard. His brain just started slowing down. He was such a nice guy, he was just always grateful. I have no idea what kind of cancer it was and the location in the brain.

autumnlight
Talker
Talker

Post by autumnlight »

^ yeah, I'm pretty sure Charles hires someone to pick up the poop and landscape. He's so wealthy, he doesn't need to do it! ha. lame.

tribalpants
Debater
Debater

Post by tribalpants »

tbonegal1989 wrote:We had this guy in my high school class, and a few years back he had cancer. I really tried to be nice to the guy, but he was a total creep. He would sit behind my friend in class and smell her hair.

My neighbor/family friend had a form of brain cancer, he was in his 40-50s and in great shape. He didn't respond well to chemo. He did everything. His family went all organic, he went to Boston to see doctors. He had about 3 surgeries. There were two times when he had to be rushed to the hospital so they could take just a little bit more out. He died about a year ago, the last 6 months or so were hard. His brain just started slowing down. He was such a nice guy, he was just always grateful. I have no idea what kind of cancer it was and the location in the brain.
Not everyone who gets cancer turns into a douche. Sorry if that's how I came off. I think cancer affects everyone very differently and for some people it magnifys the bad part of themselves that we all have.

I don't Charles has always been a douche. His live journal was written a long time ago during a time when people were far less politically correct, emo people were a popular target for redicule, and sexism wasn't as opening discussed so it was easy for good men to come off sexist without realizing it.

Maybe I'm just projecting my own experience of being with someone with cancer to this situation, but I honestly believe Alli and Charles loved each other very much up until the stresses of the cancer diagnosis set in. While charles infedelity was wrong and an absolute shitty thing to do, I think it was done out of loneliness due to the back he subconsciously pushed Alli away in some way.

lilturtle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilturtle »

tribalpants wrote:I don't Charles has always been a douche. His live journal was written a long time ago during a time when people were far less politically correct, emo people were a popular target for redicule, and sexism wasn't as opening discussed so it was easy for good men to come off sexist without realizing it.
You don't think Charles still, to this very day, comes off as sexist by objectifying women for youtube views and $$$$?

PolishRainbow
Learner
Learner

Post by PolishRainbow »

Sunny38 wrote:
SunnyDays wrote:
When I heard Allie say that in the video, I was wondering about whether she's dumb enough to think this is a realistic possibility, or she's saying it for Charles's sake, but really she knows the truth? Which one is it, she can't be this oblivious to Charles's medical condition?!

I'm not going to get into all types of cancer - that could take over a year. But what Charles has - oligodendroglioma, stage III; well, the statistics are very clear (and they ain't good). When you have stage I or II (this is what Charles was first diagnosed with), the prognosis is about 11 years left to live (tops). When you are diagnosed with stage III or IV (Charles is now stage III), the prognosis is 3-5 years left to live. Of course, these are the general statistics, some people make it more than 5 years, some make it a year, this is the general life expectancy rate for the type of brain cancer that he has. For those that do not know, his type of cancer (and it is now brain cancer), it never goes away. It always stays in his brain, and tumors keep popping up in the brain until one day there's no fixing it. And that's the reality. Some people don't like to know the reality, but that's how it is. I mean, maybe a miracle will happen and he will live 20 more years. But if he is an average patient, then the prognosis stands as following: time left: 2 years, 4 years tops. It's sad for some people to think about this, but I always sort of want to know.

The thing that bothered me was that she said ''when we're old and grey and have kids and grandkids'' - it seemed so cruel to me. Charles MUST by now be aware that chances of him seeing his own grandchildren are under 3%. It's ok to stay positive, but she should have said ''one day, years from now, when we're older'', but not this way. I mean, Charles and his family MUST HAVE spoken to doctors about his prognosis. They MUST have at least googled the type of cancer he has. They have to know how slim his chances are (to make it 10+ years). So for her to bring it up, maybe she really doesn't have a clue of the condition he has?

And to finish this (hopefully my post was helpful), NOBODY wants Charles to die. Cancer sucks and I for one would love to see Charles beat the odds and stick around for the next 20 years. I just sort of like to know the prognosis, and like to have a more realistic view of things. Personally, I think Allie needs to educate herself about Charles's condition.

Return to “Charles Trippy”