CTFxC / The Trippys Part 9

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTFxC / The Trippys Part 9

Post by bloopz »

They're constantly joking about being ' crazy rockstars' because they know they're far from it. Hell, they film themselves cleaning up their messes & joke about the 'rockstar' life because they know they don't fit the stereotype & they embrace it. They're very blunt about how sarcastic they're being when they say that. I thought it was obvious.
:horny: :halo:

CraftyLady
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CraftyLady »

I think it's funny that my 8 and 11 yr old listens to their newest album. i had a single on my ipod, and they begged me to buy the whole thing.

ferez
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ferez »

Lol everyone thinks that their music choice is somewhat superior to others music preference.

WTK is a good band, but they're not the stereotypical rock stars that is for sure.

ThisFuckingNunu.
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThisFuckingNunu. »

bloopz wrote:They're constantly joking about being ' crazy rockstars' because they know they're far from it. Hell, they film themselves cleaning up their messes & joke about the 'rockstar' life because they know they don't fit the stereotype & they embrace it. They're very blunt about how sarcastic they're being when they say that. I thought it was obvious.
Not exactly Black Sabbath are they?

Their version of trashing a hotel room/venue is throwing cheese at the wall..

x

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

We The Kings IMO has just such a generic teeny bopper rock sound that I just can't get into, I can see them opening for One Direction XD If you want to be taken seriously as an "deep" punk rock band that actually makes the listeners think, get rid of the Radio Disney happy go lucky melodies and no more "Ohhhhhh whoooaaaa I like this girl and she don't like me WhoooOHHHoooHH" I mean I like pop music kind of like that sometimes but they're not trying to be pop is the problem lol

And shoot I think NOT trashing a hotel room and being crazy is something to be proud of. One reason why I love Rise Against is because all their members(besides the drummer) live a straight edge lifestyle which is a subculture of punk rock where they refuse to use tobacco, alcohol, or recreational drugs. That is very noble. :D

Sticky Gloss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sticky Gloss »

Ngl I was totally jealous that Charles was playing with Motion City Soundtrack. I would have loved to go to that show.

I always think it is so annoying though when anyone trashes someone's taste in music. It is so subjective as to what you like. Personally I like WTK's newest CD, its not my favorite thing ever but I can sing along with it. I don't really like hard rock or metal or pretty much anything that plays in the top 40 but I would never talk shit about it because, hey, someone likes it. I don't need to justify my self and my taste in music by bashing other's.
forever stuffin'

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

ieatbooks wrote:I think they're mostly joking/being sarcastic when they say stuff like that. They mess around harmlessly and then clean up whatever mess they made because they're not assholes or drug addicts. I think they're all aware that they aren't even close to wild.
Exactly. In Danny's vlog, they were all in their hotel room and he went like: "Our wives and girlfriends are going to be unhappy..." like they were having the craziest party and then it was just them hanging around in their room. lol

ScarletBloodDoll
Learner
Learner

Post by ScarletBloodDoll »

I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when the clip right before is of Lindsey saying, "Danny is out celebrating Trav's birthday, I can only imagine how that's going." and the next clip is of them locking each other in between doors. LOL.

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

ScarletBloodDoll wrote:I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when the clip right before is of Lindsey saying, "Danny is out celebrating Trav's birthday, I can only imagine how that's going." and the next clip is of them locking each other in between doors. LOL.
That vlog was seriously the best. lol

OhHi81
Learner
Learner

Post by OhHi81 »

YouTubeAddict79 wrote:
ScarletBloodDoll wrote:I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when the clip right before is of Lindsey saying, "Danny is out celebrating Trav's birthday, I can only imagine how that's going." and the next clip is of them locking each other in between doors. LOL.
That vlog was seriously the best. lol

Can you remember when it was? Or the title of it maybe? I'd like to see that one.

Deep Shave

Post by Deep Shave »

RockDesk wrote:
YouTubeAddict79 wrote: That vlog was seriously the best. lol

Can you remember when it was? Or the title of it maybe? I'd like to see that one.
at 6:35

[youtube][/youtube]

Meep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Meep »

hahaha that thumbnail thing Danny got Travis to do is hilarious

OhHi81
Learner
Learner

Post by OhHi81 »

Deep Shave wrote:
RockDesk wrote:
at 6:35

[youtube][/youtube]

Ah thanks a million! :)

GossipTard
Informer
Informer

Post by GossipTard »

I never listened to WTK so I sat down and listened to the entire album yesterday. They're pop, at best. I swear one of the songs sounded just like the newest Fall Out Boy single!
I couldn't really hear any real "bass" in their songs either because they're all so overly-synthesized. Kind of sad since Charles was so excited about officially being on an album.

I don't see WTK going very far... :?

Also, anyone notice that when they were playing with the exercise balls in that room Charles had only made a reference to his and Danny's fans and not Travis'? "All the CTFxC and DLV are out there..." LOL. Does Travis not have a name for his "fans"? (I don't watch his vlogs)

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer

GossipTard wrote:Also, anyone notice that when they were playing with the exercise balls in that room Charles had only made a reference to his and Danny's fans and not Travis'? "All the CTFxC and DLV are out there..." LOL. Does Travis not have a name for his "fans"? (I don't watch his vlogs)
I have watched about a dozen of Travis's vlogs but I don't think he has come up with a name for his fans/audience. His intro is so corny btw. lol

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

GossipTard wrote:I never listened to WTK so I sat down and listened to the entire album yesterday. They're pop, at best. I swear one of the songs sounded just like the newest Fall Out Boy single!
I couldn't really hear any real "bass" in their songs either because they're all so overly-synthesized. Kind of sad since Charles was so excited about officially being on an album.

WTK wasn't all that popular when I was 11 or 12 and Check Yes Juliet was really the only popular song that I can remember. WTK was never big and I doubt they'll ever be.

dearcaitlin
Learner
Learner

Post by dearcaitlin »

Mallory wrote:
GossipTard wrote:I never listened to WTK so I sat down and listened to the entire album yesterday. They're pop, at best. I swear one of the songs sounded just like the newest Fall Out Boy single!

WTK wasn't all that popular when I was 11 or 12 and Check Yes Juliet was really the only popular song that I can remember. WTK was never big and I doubt they'll ever be.
Just about to say that. They were never really big expect that one one song. But they do have good size following.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

Their following is mostly the CTFxC. I definitely don't think it's the only reason they picked Charles but I'm certain I was discussed.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Yeah, just look how their albums and charts skyrocketed from 2011 onward, the year Charles joined the band.

fairground
Learner
Learner

Post by fairground »

I used to listen to WTK back when I was about 14 but it was only really a few songs (Check Yes Juliet, Run Baby Run, Secret Valentine etc) then forgot about them until Charles joined, I still like a few of their songs but the majority are so same-y

Return to “Charles Trippy”