Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -part 3

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -pa

Post by monak »

Bank account must be coming down. I still can't believe people actually give this asshole money.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:What is going to be so special about the deep dives, and the round table debates? What is going to make want to tune in? Why did he invest in such a huge space with 6 places to film, if his Youtube channel is failing? What makes him think that the 1.3 million viewers out of his 5 million subs will follow him on this new venture? So many questions. I can't see anyone who doesn't get their "news" from him now, tuning into the new platform. He seems like he has been careless with his investment from Patreon. Maybe he is showing them more over there what his plan is. But it sounds like a really shaky business model. Him and Casey are really just taking a risk. I wonder if either will come out on top.
It really is baffling.

He's been having issues with YT for a long time now. You'd think, if he was going to change platforms (or whatever his plan is), he'd do it before he started spending more money or new staff and a new space. You'd think he'd take his simple "show" and his small staff and focus on the marketing to get people used to the new way he delivers his content. Then, once that's established, he would grow the business.

But no, no. Instead he spends a year taking money from people and fucking around.

Phil will be nothing without YT.

motherfickle
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by motherfickle »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:What is going to be so special about the deep dives, and the round table debates?
Literally nothing. The roudtable thing is something The Young Turks has been doing the roundtable format forever, and it's absolutely hilarious to me that he somehow thinks he's better than them while doing exactly the same things they do.

anchors2017
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anchors2017 »

I feel like they're riding hard on the vlogs ability to build up the personalities in the office to market these new round-tables and pods and deep dives. I tune in to the PDS now and then to look at the story links and then I leave, his ego is so inflated and his self important "respected news outlet" commentary is such trash. It's annoying and off putting.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

anchors2017 wrote:I feel like they're riding hard on the vlogs ability to build up the personalities in the office to market these new round-tables and pods and deep dives. I tune in to the PDS now and then to look at the story links and then I leave, his ego is so inflated and his self important "respected news outlet" commentary is such trash. It's annoying and off putting.
The video he posted today on the vlog channel testing that podcast was awful. These people don't belong on a podcast, it was painful to listen to. Wants to be a respected "news" reporter, has a podcast of his employees "shooting the shit". Logic.

anchors2017
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anchors2017 »

rai1234 wrote:
anchors2017 wrote:I feel like they're riding hard on the vlogs ability to build up the personalities in the office to market these new round-tables and pods and deep dives. I tune in to the PDS now and then to look at the story links and then I leave, his ego is so inflated and his self important "respected news outlet" commentary is such trash. It's annoying and off putting.
The video he posted today on the vlog channel testing that podcast was awful. These people don't belong on a podcast, it was painful to listen to. Wants to be a respected "news" reporter, has a podcast of his employees "shooting the shit". Logic.
Okay I watched todays vlog and it was just another mess of reused footage, old footage and useless garbage. Maybe its just that the "quality" footage is posted in their patreon, but both channels are becoming completely uninteresting.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

His ego is still large for what reason? No one even talks about him anymore. He will never be taken seriously on the big media stage so what's the point?

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

[tweet][/tweet]

Phil could afford to listen to his own advice every now and then.

Post by Guest »

^
^
for a moment I thought he was speaking to himself ( you know, as a " I grew up" joke ) but he REALLY thinks he s that smart :lol:

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

rai1234 wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

Phil could afford to listen to his own advice every now and then.
The replies are gold. They're pointing out his hypocracy. Ugh he's really is the worst.

bassplayer8
Learner
Learner

Post by bassplayer8 »

Am I mis-remembering or did Phil try saying the N word on his show at one point thinking he was so progressive?

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

Wow, did Phil actually say something I...agree with?! This must be a dream.

Post by Guest »

I can't watch Phil DeFranco for too long without feeling like I'm being attacked with jump-cuts and aggressive fence straddling. It's like the only things he can take a hard stance on are universally condemned things, like rape or child molestation, but everything else requires this needless "shades of grey" wishy washy nothing statement or "I'll turn the question over to you in the comments and frame it in a way that presents my obvious but unstated bias."

Post by Guest »

But then I see some of the low hanging fruit reactionary fence straddling anti-SJWs he follows on Twitter and then it makes perfect sense. It's funny that I used to subscribe to those same channels and DeFranco and found myself unsubscribing to them from last to first. Like DeFranco was the last I subscribed to the and first I unsubscribed to, and the Sargon of Akkad was the last but the first. And they're all just lazy commentators who ironically act worse and more thin skinned than the SJWs they accuse of being snowflakes and unable to deal with criticisms without lashing out.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

[video][/video]

@4:12. Wow, Amanda really is the typical "I'm not like other girls. I can't make friends with girls" girl. She comes off to high and mighty. I looked through her IG and it's all pictures of just her. And it looks like she has a podcast called "problematic potheads". I can only imagine what that's like.

wake up
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wake up »

rai1234 wrote:[video][/video]

@4:12. Wow, Amanda really is the typical "I'm not like other girls. I can't make friends with girls" girl. She comes off to high and mighty. I looked through her IG and it's all pictures of just her. And it looks like she has a podcast called "problematic potheads". I can only imagine what that's like.
Ugh. That tweet was so obnoxious. Also, she doesn't know how to relate to girls? Girls (and guys) are all different. It's weird that she's saying she can't relate to ALL of them. Sounds more like she thinks she's not "girly" so she doesn't even try to be friends with them, because she thinks they're beneath her because they don't like rebuilding cars or whatever.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Any bets on when he will make a video admitting that he's failed once again? If he does, his patreon donors aren't going to be happy. But i haven't seen any change thus far. He needs to step up his game.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:Any bets on when he will make a video admitting that he's failed once again? If he does, his patreon donors aren't going to be happy. But i haven't seen any change thus far. He needs to step up his game.
His ego is way too massive and he's too money-hungry to ever admit he's failed and blame himself.

These recent tweets show that he still thinks he's made it and it's only uphill from here.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

rai1234 wrote:
Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:Any bets on when he will make a video admitting that he's failed once again? If he does, his patreon donors aren't going to be happy. But i haven't seen any change thus far. He needs to step up his game.
His ego is way too massive and he's too money-hungry to ever admit he's failed and blame himself.

These recent tweets show that he still thinks he's made it and it's only uphill from here.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Yikes he really is a piece of work. Between him and his wife, I don't see how they fit their heads through the front door.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

Literally the first second of the Black Panther video from TIA has Letitia Wright saying her name and Phil STILL manages to get it wrong. Professional newsperson who?

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”