Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -pa

Post by an0n »

rai1234 wrote:
an0n wrote:
Presence wrote:As I was watching Phil's video about the recent school shooting (in which he offered nothing of value), I noticed he's gained more weight since the last time I watched him. He's always been an attractive guy, but he's slowly entering into that zone in which excess weight makes you look older, less vibrant, and unhealthy.
It's super obvious that he's gained weight in the latest Youtubers React. I hardly watch it and randomly clicked on it recently and both he and Linz are a significantly different size than when they control the angles.
Whoa, I did not think it was that high.
He said in a podcast or a vlog or something that he's bordering on 295 lbs.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

an0n wrote:
rai1234 wrote:
an0n wrote:
Presence wrote:As I was watching Phil's video about the recent school shooting (in which he offered nothing of value), I noticed he's gained more weight since the last time I watched him. He's always been an attractive guy, but he's slowly entering into that zone in which excess weight makes you look older, less vibrant, and unhealthy.
It's super obvious that he's gained weight in the latest Youtubers React. I hardly watch it and randomly clicked on it recently and both he and Linz are a significantly different size than when they control the angles.
Whoa, I did not think it was that high.
He said in a podcast or a vlog or something that he's bordering on 295 lbs.
How tall is he? I can't tell that well through vlogs if he's a tall dude or not.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

12thplace wrote:
How tall is he? I can't tell that well through vlogs if he's a tall dude or not.
I think that he is 6'0

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

If he is 6'0 he probably wouldn't weigh 295. Not to go granny but my SO is 6'7 and weighs around 295. They are about the same build/size, but there is no way they would be if Phil weighed 295 with that much height difference.
Not that it matters a lot and not that i think he isnt gaining weight, but the 295 had me very confused.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

Tallntraveling wrote:If he is 6'0 he probably wouldn't weigh 295. Not to go granny but my SO is 6'7 and weighs around 295. They are about the same build/size, but there is no way they would be if Phil weighed 295 with that much height difference.
Not that it matters a lot and not that i think he isnt gaining weight, but the 295 had me very confused.
He could absolutely be 6 ft and almost 300 lbs. Everyone carries weight differently. One person could look round but at that height and weight. Another person the same height and weight could look morbidly obese. So I wouldn't write off his estimated weight just because he doesn't look like he's carrying that much.

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:
Tallntraveling wrote:If he is 6'0 he probably wouldn't weigh 295. Not to go granny but my SO is 6'7 and weighs around 295. They are about the same build/size, but there is no way they would be if Phil weighed 295 with that much height difference.
He could absolutely be 6 ft and almost 300 lbs. Everyone carries weight differently. One person could look round but at that height and weight. Another person the same height and weight could look morbidly obese. So I wouldn't write off his estimated weight just because he doesn't look like he's carrying that much.
Fair enough, it just seemed a bit much but you are right.
A few of the hidden lbs are under his chin. Its not a full blown double chin but recently started to notice how it jiggles when he talks. No high angles are helping when you talk, Phil!

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

That was a dick move to publicly shame a random Twitter user. What they said was quite normal internet white noise, it wasn't particularly offensive, something about how Anna Sacconne was portraying herself online (to be fair the criticism didn't make much sense but Anna Saccone is known to photoshop her IG posts so who knows).

Anyway it was really out of proportion and just a chance to pick on some randomer and say I don't want to be associated with you, you disgust me basically. When Anna Saccone is as shady af, so it just seemed like he picked up on this "story" because the twitter user put in her bio vote for Phillip DeFranco, like does he expect his fans to not criticise others? If the twitter user said something awful I'd get it but they didn't, this was just a chance for him to create a story out of nothing, moralise and be the big guy in the situation - what a hero.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

Douche gonna douche. Totally normal behavior for him.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

monak wrote:Douche gonna douche. Totally normal behavior for him.
Throwback to the time he publicly tagged a woman's employer on Twitter because she said something negative about him.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Yeah pretty standard for Phil. In fact if anything it's pretty tame compared to what he was doing non-stop for a while, which is screenshotting tweets he didn't like (so the person he was talking about wouldn't get tagged if he talked about them) and then post a vile rant about them and send all his followers after that person to be harassed. Or that time he made a 2 minute rant video on Twitter about a teenage girl who criticized him having "no significance whatsoever as a human being" and "being and will always be a nobody" or something. He's an immature douchebag and it's frightening that he sees himself fit to be an example for anything to anyone.

Can't say I've seen him do it recently but also can't say I've followed his social media at all so... I also think he's probably too busy dodging professional criticism to have time left to lynch mob strangers anymore. He's too worried about looking like he deserves his Patreon money now.

I like how he's stopped covering most YouTube news after people started pointing out he was a drama channel :lol: and how he's now covering serious news from all over the world and you can see in his face that he regrets saying he was a newschannel because it's so much less interesting to him himself than reporting on drama and clickbaity internet nonsense.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

Anyone seen the paedophile parliament story from Lithuania on Reddit? A lot of people are calling to ask Phillip to cover this.

God no.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

12thplace wrote:
monak wrote:Douche gonna douche. Totally normal behavior for him.
Throwback to the time he publicly tagged a woman's employer on Twitter because she said something negative about him.
omg are you joking? what a fucking turd. and he calls other people sensitive. it's like he doesn't notice his own projection

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer

Post by MadKat9517 »

He's the typical "anti-PC" guy- calls people snowflakes and tells them to suck it up when someone degrades them because of their race/sexual orientation/gender identity/wealth/disability/etc. Criticize his views or his actions? Gotta get offended and try to destroy someone's life.

Also not defending rapists/murderers/shitty people, but his bloodthirst to kill or destroy everyone who commits or is accused of crime is a little unnerving, especially when the entire story isn't known yet. Oh, unless it's a woman accusing a man of rape. Then we need ALL swabs, video evidence, otherwise she must be one of those lying, nasty SJWS!!! Due process!!!! Both sides are the same!!!!!

God I can't handle this bastard. I actually hate him more than the Pauls, J*, and the other drama-loaded people. Smug piece of shit.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

MadKat9517 wrote:He's the typical "anti-PC" guy- calls people snowflakes and tells them to suck it up when someone degrades them because of their race/sexual orientation/gender identity/wealth/disability/etc. Criticize his views or his actions? Gotta get offended and try to destroy someone's life.

Also not defending rapists/murderers/shitty people, but his bloodthirst to kill or destroy everyone who commits or is accused of crime is a little unnerving, especially when the entire story isn't known yet. Oh, unless it's a woman accusing a man of rape. Then we need ALL swabs, video evidence, otherwise she must be one of those lying, nasty SJWS!!! Due process!!!! Both sides are the same!!!!!

God I can't handle this bastard. I actually hate him more than the Pauls, J*, and the other drama-loaded people. Smug piece of shit.
This.

I was going to post something along these lines before but you said it. His wanting to kill people is very intense, and he says it like he's enlightened or this is news to people. It goes without saying, if someone does something awful your knee jerk reaction is to feel like they should suffer but to make that statement over and over again, its unnecessary and weird.

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer

Post by MadKat9517 »

Also for a guy who claims to be soooo centrist and unbiased, he sure loves to stroke the dicks of the alt-right. I wonder if he's compromised in the Russia meddling as well. I would love it if Mueller & Co came for him.

(I'm taking it too far lol. But I can't contain my hatred for this smug babyfaced fuckhead anymore).

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

I haven't really watched his videos since he made the item about South Africa. This guy is so dense. I like he tries to shine a light on issues outside of the US, but when you talk about a topic that is so complicated and sadly, a topic where a lot of violence is also an issue, he tries to be so politically correct and objective it becomes obnoxious.

''So there is people being murdered on both sides for the land they own, now they want to take it without compensation, not to even speak about the shit that happened over the past 20 years. BUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS. Do you think people should be murdered? I like to think this is a conversation.''

Well you know Phil,when an issue is this complex, maybe dont open a conversation when most people dont know anything about it save for the 5 minute shallow crash course you just provided.

What a rant, but it pisses me off so bad. Maybe he should actually just stick with youtube drama.

motherfickle
Talker
Talker

Post by motherfickle »

Yeah that bothered me. He made it seem way more simple than it really is.

It also bugs me that he spent time on the Stormy Daniels story, but has yet to say a word about the fact that Trump literally said he didn't think getting rid of term limits was a bad idea. And that he relegated the entire Sam Nunberg story to it's own video on his side channel. Even though both of those are the biggest pieces of US news from the last couple days.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

So much for the absence of Youtube news, eh?

ETA: Yeah, it's mostly about Tommy Lee from Motley Crue, but I don't think he'd talk about it if it weren't for Brittany Furlan's involvement.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeFranco/comme ... need_help/

Phil: "It's my fault, but let me blame all these people first, and end my "apology" with my random act of kindness of the day and good deed to meet a dying kid who had meeting me on his bucket list, and I'm going to do all of this in public, instead of privately messaging you."

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

Yikes. That's just a bad situation all around.

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”