Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -part 3

bassplayer8
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil Defranco (reporter & organizer extraordinaire) -pa

Post by bassplayer8 »

Am I mis-remembering or did Phil try saying the N word on his show at one point thinking he was so progressive?

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

Wow, did Phil actually say something I...agree with?! This must be a dream.

Post by Guest »

I can't watch Phil DeFranco for too long without feeling like I'm being attacked with jump-cuts and aggressive fence straddling. It's like the only things he can take a hard stance on are universally condemned things, like rape or child molestation, but everything else requires this needless "shades of grey" wishy washy nothing statement or "I'll turn the question over to you in the comments and frame it in a way that presents my obvious but unstated bias."

Post by Guest »

But then I see some of the low hanging fruit reactionary fence straddling anti-SJWs he follows on Twitter and then it makes perfect sense. It's funny that I used to subscribe to those same channels and DeFranco and found myself unsubscribing to them from last to first. Like DeFranco was the last I subscribed to the and first I unsubscribed to, and the Sargon of Akkad was the last but the first. And they're all just lazy commentators who ironically act worse and more thin skinned than the SJWs they accuse of being snowflakes and unable to deal with criticisms without lashing out.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

[video][/video]

@4:12. Wow, Amanda really is the typical "I'm not like other girls. I can't make friends with girls" girl. She comes off to high and mighty. I looked through her IG and it's all pictures of just her. And it looks like she has a podcast called "problematic potheads". I can only imagine what that's like.

wake up
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wake up »

rai1234 wrote:[video][/video]

@4:12. Wow, Amanda really is the typical "I'm not like other girls. I can't make friends with girls" girl. She comes off to high and mighty. I looked through her IG and it's all pictures of just her. And it looks like she has a podcast called "problematic potheads". I can only imagine what that's like.
Ugh. That tweet was so obnoxious. Also, she doesn't know how to relate to girls? Girls (and guys) are all different. It's weird that she's saying she can't relate to ALL of them. Sounds more like she thinks she's not "girly" so she doesn't even try to be friends with them, because she thinks they're beneath her because they don't like rebuilding cars or whatever.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

Any bets on when he will make a video admitting that he's failed once again? If he does, his patreon donors aren't going to be happy. But i haven't seen any change thus far. He needs to step up his game.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:Any bets on when he will make a video admitting that he's failed once again? If he does, his patreon donors aren't going to be happy. But i haven't seen any change thus far. He needs to step up his game.
His ego is way too massive and he's too money-hungry to ever admit he's failed and blame himself.

These recent tweets show that he still thinks he's made it and it's only uphill from here.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

rai1234 wrote:
Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:Any bets on when he will make a video admitting that he's failed once again? If he does, his patreon donors aren't going to be happy. But i haven't seen any change thus far. He needs to step up his game.
His ego is way too massive and he's too money-hungry to ever admit he's failed and blame himself.

These recent tweets show that he still thinks he's made it and it's only uphill from here.

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Yikes he really is a piece of work. Between him and his wife, I don't see how they fit their heads through the front door.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

Literally the first second of the Black Panther video from TIA has Letitia Wright saying her name and Phil STILL manages to get it wrong. Professional newsperson who?

motherfickle
Talker
Talker

Post by motherfickle »

Phil spent 6 minutes going on about Pewdiepie and Allinity/CollabDRM but not a single second on the school shooting that happened on Friday in Texas. Or Donald Trump openly calling for an investigation of the FBI. Unbelievable. And people use him as their sole news "source".

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

motherfickle wrote:Phil spent 6 minutes going on about Pewdiepie and Allinity/CollabDRM but not a single second on the school shooting that happened on Friday in Texas. Or Donald Trump openly calling for an investigation of the FBI. Unbelievable. And people use him as their sole news "source".
It's more important to him to not get on the bad side of the people whose asses he's constantly kissing (pewdiepie, Casey Neistat, etc.) than real news.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Philip My-Ego-Is-So-Fragile-I-Have-To-Constantly-Refer-To-How-Much-Of-An-Underdog-I-Am DeFranco.

I think most of us who got bullied/ostracized by our peers as kids but have a good life now are actually... over it. Because life is good.

He's such an emotional 12 year old.

I am actually blown away more people don't see it. It's so glaringly obvious.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

bassplayer8
Learner
Learner

Post by bassplayer8 »

DaylightAmy wrote:I am actually blown away more people don't see it. It's so glaringly obvious.
Its cause those insecure people make up 99% of his following. He always has to play the underdog card so every little normal thing is a victory he can brag about to his 12 year old viewer base.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

motherfickle wrote:Phil spent 6 minutes going on about Pewdiepie and Allinity/CollabDRM but not a single second on the school shooting that happened on Friday in Texas. Or Donald Trump openly calling for an investigation of the FBI. Unbelievable. And people use him as their sole news "source".
So apparently Phillip de Franco is somehow taking Alinity's side in all this? :rofl:

I would never watch confirmed children-scammer Philly D on a regular basis, but even Pewdiepie, who rarely gets into fights with anyone, called him out about the Alinity thing.

8:10 onwards:

[youtube][/youtube]

I was trying to think about the relevant and real questions - how much Alinity knew what she was doing.... whether a calculated move or just dumb or a mixture of both... and Phillip de Franco of all people coming in with this just cracked me up. Supposed to be a serious newscaster. :rofl:

Literally "she was just a poor innocent girl that felt powerlesss and got caught up in all of this trying to feel a little bit powerful in this big bad world, she trusted the company"... and this when a massive school shooting has just taken place. :roll:

But is Phillip De Franco really that dumb, or does he think he can just argue anything to his underage audience with a few fragile minded adults.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

^ He took a good chunk of time (the first five minutes) in one of last week's videos to explain that he and Felix are okay???

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

He's loves sucking up to Felix lmao (and Casey's lol) the video Felix made was sooooo fucking hilarious in respond to Phil's video I live for this type of drama tbh because phil has always been so "middle ground" i deadass cracked up watching that video because he so succinctly hit the nail on the head when talking about Phil. Him mocking the video when phil said dumb shit like "alinity felt powerless and this was her way of being in control" and calling phillyd a "white Knight" like he really didn't have to comment on that "news" lol I know he's like known for covering yt related drama at times but it's really shit like this that he covers that really won't open his channel up to opportunities outside of the yt world.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

I just really hate the clear bias he has in his video, while I think in theory it's a great concept. Report news/ask for fan feedback about news/throws in personal opinion I just don't align with his opinions on a lot of shit. Can't stand watching phil esp since I feel like i been seeing yt clips of him on FB now. Esp when he talked about how the football league or whateva basically banning/penalizing athletes who choose take a knee. For someone who is so vehemently defending people's first amendment rights I don't understand how he doesn't see that as oppression

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bassplayer8
Learner
Learner

Post by bassplayer8 »

timesnewroman wrote:For someone who is so vehemently defending people's first amendment rights I don't understand how he doesn't see that as oppression
He was more angry about someone throwing a glass of water on Tomi Lauren then the league banning the players from kneeling. This man claims to be impartial but lets be honest, if they are any colour other than white he has an excuse on why its ok to opress them. But god forbid a white women gets a little wet.

Kiem
Debater
Debater

Post by Kiem »

So he's switched his greeting from "beautiful bastards" to "beauties"... he's been sitting there claiming he'd never bow down to big bad Youtube yet he rushes to make his content "advertiser friendly" because even though he claims his integrity is not for sale we all know he's got none of it... or a backbone for that matter.

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”