Phil DeFranco (sxephil) / SourceFed Part 2

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil DeFranco (sxephil) / SourceFed Part 2

Post by Bugman22 »

Presence wrote:I would say people are afraid to call him out. By doing so, not only are you asking for the Phil's wrath to be directed at you, but his whole "Nation" will come after you as well. Is worth the barrage of personal hate coming your way? Is it worth, possibly losing a job over?

I'm just waiting for the day that one, lone, brave soul finds some dirt on him and then all those people who have been dying to call him out will come out of the shadows. Strength in numbers.

Re: Bots: I've always found it fascinating how people will make excuses for lack of integrity. Phil used bots when he started out. Then Shay Carl paid Phil to promote his channel. It's not so much the paying of bots and promotion I have a problem with. It's the perception/lie they perpetuate--it just took hard work, timing, and luck that lead to their success--that gets on my nerves.
I feel like Phil is very calculated on everything he does. And if some calls him out on a past comment he owns up to it and just says he was youn and dumb then. What would really fuck him over is some sort of adultery scandal or money thing. But he does seem like the type of guy who is very truthful and is stuck to his morals. Then again you never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Yeah a large part of it is DEFINITELY people being afraid to call him out.

I certainly have refrained from responding negatively (even if it's constructive or respectful) on BOTH his YouTube channel (where I have learned that there is absolutely NO room for respectful discussion - all you get is mocked and insulted) and ESPECIALLY his social media. Life is engaging and stressful enough as it is without the prospect of possibly getting swarmed by harassment and ridicule on social media by complete strangers. I learned in my mid-20s to not do anything online I don't want in my real life energy... and I don't want a swarm of angry edgelords in my real life energy. I wouldn't say I'm too thin skinned, but I'm definitely not wasting my thick skin on talking to a wall and getting abused for it.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way... and for me social media didn't even really happen until I was well into college, so I imagine online investment and anxiety for people who grew up with it is even bigger and they are even LESS likely to want to get lynched for no end cause.

Everything with Phil is either an attack or an argument. I have never once seem him respond to his critics with any level of class and self-awareness. It's not worth the trouble. He has to crash and burn all on his own, he's not going to listen to any peasants. It's the crowd that has to turn on him... I'm thinking the reddit is the safest place to start asking people to think more critically.

I also think part of it is just sheer ignorance. I think we're so constantly ambushed by information in this digital age that a lot of people who THINK they are critical thinkers are exactly the ones who are getting influenced far more than they're aware... and that's the crowd he attracts. People who parrot "objective, unbiased, factual" without REALLY grasping what that means. So I think some people are scared, others are just not aware enough to really realize they should be speaking up - "surely the angry lynchmob must be right, my doubts about Phil can't possibly be reasonable".
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

Bugman22 wrote:I feel like Phil is very calculated on everything he does. And if some calls him out on a past comment he owns up to it and just says he was youn and dumb then. What would really fuck him over is some sort of adultery scandal or money thing. But he does seem like the type of guy who is very truthful and is stuck to his morals. Then again you never know.
Something about how insecure he is makes me think he'd have performance issues if he ever tried to trade up. I just can't picture Phil being able to pull off an actual affair with an actual woman unless the power dynamics were really, really fucked up and there was some kind of major age difference or mental/emotional health issue happening on the woman's part.
DaylightAmy wrote:
Yeah a large part of it is DEFINITELY people being afraid to call him out.

I certainly have refrained from responding negatively (even if it's constructive or respectful) on BOTH his YouTube channel (where I have learned that there is absolutely NO room for respectful discussion - all you get is mocked and insulted) and ESPECIALLY his social media. Life is engaging and stressful enough as it is without the prospect of possibly getting swarmed by harassment and ridicule on social media by complete strangers. I learned in my mid-20s to not do anything online I don't want in my real life energy... and I don't want a swarm of angry edgelords in my real life energy. I wouldn't say I'm too thin skinned, but I'm definitely not wasting my thick skin on talking to a wall and getting abused for it.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way... and for me social media didn't even really happen until I was well into college, so I imagine online investment and anxiety for people who grew up with it is even bigger and they are even LESS likely to want to get lynched for no end cause.
Everything with Phil is either an attack or an argument. I have never once seem him respond to his critics with any level of class and self-awareness. It's not worth the trouble. He has to crash and burn all on his own, he's not going to listen to any peasants. It's the crowd that has to turn on him... I'm thinking the reddit is the safest place to start asking people to think more critically.

I also think part of it is just sheer ignorance. I think we're so constantly ambushed by information in this digital age that a lot of people who THINK they are critical thinkers are exactly the ones who are getting influenced far more than they're aware... and that's the crowd he attracts. People who parrot "objective, unbiased, factual" without REALLY grasping what that means. So I think some people are scared, others are just not aware enough to really realize they should be speaking up - "surely the angry lynchmob must be right, my doubts about Phil can't possibly be reasonable".

Spot on.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

Calling him out on social media isn't worth the headache that would follow the bashing you'd get from his psycho fan base. I don't think most women would give him the time of day after actually looking into the way he presents himself. Outside of his YouTube fan base what is he really? An angry, simple minded person. No thanks.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

DaylightAmy wrote: I'm thinking the reddit is the safest place to start asking people to think more critically
people were criticising him on Reddit in a fairly positive manner and he pretty much just shut them down.

Dude won't listen to those that think critically

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

The worst thing you can do to his massive ego is ignoring him. He will never grow up since he got absolutely no empathy or introspective. His followers will realise what he really is though.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

i hate this douche

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

Incoming bruised ego. He didn't win his Streamy.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

monak wrote:Incoming bruised ego. He didn't win his Streamy.
Seems like Phil is trying to imply that the young turks won because that category is rigged somehow? But then isn't he trying to rig the votes himself by using stunts on social media to get people to retweet his hashtag that counts as a vote for show of the year?

[tweet][/tweet]

People in the replies are posting screenshots of Phil blocking them... His delusions of grandeur are just.. wow.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Oh my god the blocking and responses to it are gold :lol:

People literally say "I love your channel Phil but I would have even more liked SP7 to win because you won last year and they deserve it too" and he BLOCKS them :lol: what a butthurt little fuckboy! Wow!

And then people are defending it saying "WELL YOU ARE ADVERTISING A COMPETITOR ON HIS TWEET!"

Okay first of all... Phil blocking them does not stop people from being able to see others advertise other channels? It just makes PHIL unable to see it. So it has nothing to do with removing people's advertisement for another channel.

Secondly "competitor"? Really? That doesn't sound petty to these fanboys?!
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

In regards to the streamys: why has phil acted this whole time like he is the underdog, and that buzzfeed is the main competition, rather than sugarPine7?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeFranco/comme ... hil_acted/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SugarPine7/com ... h=4b0d2f09

Tweeting #SP7ForStreamys gets your the rural block from DeFranco

https://www.reddit.com/r/SugarPine7/com ... ral_block/

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

You'd think a grown man would be able to handle this better.

Nope.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

https://www.reddit.com/r/SugarPine7/com ... eople_his/
Now he's claiming it's his team blocking people not him. What a spineless git. He talks big until people push back so he has to throw his team under the bus. :roll:

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:[url]<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>SugarPine7</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>72afns</span><span>/</span><span>apparently</span><span>_</span><span>phil</span><span>_</span><span>himself</span><span>_</span><span>isnt</span><span>_</span><span>blocking</span><span>_</span><span>people</span><span>_</span><span>his</span><span>/[/</span><span>url</span></a>]
Now he's claiming it's his team blocking people not him. What a spineless git. He talks big until people push back so he has to throw his team under the bus. :roll:
And the sad part is that people realise this. Soon enough people are going to start calling him out because this is total bs.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

This needs to be posted on every thread in his subreddit:

[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet]

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

Ah, I see Phil's already carting out little Scapegoat DeFranco as a way to deflect.

His fans are so weird. How exactly is Phil's angry man fan rationalizing attacking this woman's weight when Phil himself has a double chin, man boobs, and a gut on full display? :?

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

prettyjay wrote:Ah, I see Phil's already carting out little Scapegoat DeFranco as a way to deflect.

His fans are so weird. How exactly is Phil's angry man fan rationalizing attacking this woman's weight when Phil himself has a double chin, man boobs, and a gut on full display? :?
That guy was attacking everybody. I was amazed at how rude he was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:[url]<a class="vglnk" href="[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>reddit</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>r</span><span>/</span><span>SugarPine7</span><span>/</span><span>comments</span><span>/</span><span>72afns</span><span>/</span><span>apparently</span><span>_</span><span>phil</span><span>_</span><span>himself</span><span>_</span><span>isnt</span><span>_</span><span>blocking</span><span>_</span><span>people</span><span>_</span><span>his</span><span>/[/</span><span>url</span></a>]
Oh what absolute bullshit. Again, throwing his employees under the bus. He needs to stop pretending he's an underdog, he's far from one. He's using the "let's beat Buzzfeed and TYT" shtick to get votes. Buzzfeed and TYT will never win because their audience isn't as active on social media as his OR SUGAR PINE 7'S! He's manipulating his fans' dislike for BF and TYT to actually beat SP7 without coming right out and saying it. Slimy as fuck. It's crazy that a 30+ year old is getting this riled up over some internet award too.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

If he were a decent person he'd feel happy for the amount of votes the other channel is getting since he's already won once. But noooo this man child must win every single award and if he doesn't, well, it's rigged. Fucking loser.

Post by Guest »

monak wrote:Incoming bruised ego. He didn't win his Streamy.
good, he doesnt deserve it, he think because his channel is old he somehow deserve more success than allll other youtubers :roll:

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”