:love2: :love2:
NOOOO HIS CHIN

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil DeFranco (sxephil) / SourceFed Part 2

Post by monak »

Sort of related to Phil but sorta not. I find it funny that Phil can be an asshole and tell people to unsub but Ethan from H3 does it and everyone now hates him. :roll:

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

There's a huge double standard regarding Phil on YouTube. I really don't know how he achieved this godlike status in the community... he does and says things others would get crucified for, and yet he continues to be referred to as the most neutral, reasonable and objective person on YouTube on all ends of the spectrum of channels. It's extremely confusing.

Sometimes I think a lot more people are onto him than we think, but everyone's afraid to cast the first stone BECAUSE he's the golden boy and they're afraid everyone will turn on them... and so they just parrot the "DeFranco is amazing" spiel to not become outcast in any way.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

DaylightAmy wrote:There's a huge double standard regarding Phil on YouTube. I really don't know how he achieved this godlike status in the community... he does and says things others would get crucified for, and yet he continues to be referred to as the most neutral, reasonable and objective person on YouTube on all ends of the spectrum of channels. It's extremely confusing.

Sometimes I think a lot more people are onto him than we think, but everyone's afraid to cast the first stone BECAUSE he's the golden boy and they're afraid everyone will turn on them... and so they just parrot the "DeFranco is amazing" spiel to not become outcast in any way.
100% agree. I would also like to know how he became the golden boy. The only thing he's been left out of is YouTube Rewind. He had some theory on that. But you're right he gets away with a lot.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

I would guess it's because he catches lucky breaks every once in awhile. Despise Phil for being the tool he is, but then he'll take a stand on something like the DaddyoFive situation and he looks like a hero. For awhile, everyone remembers how his videos did some good and forgives the rest.

And as much as I can't stand him, I do have to wonder if he did save those kids' lives. Of course, at the same time, I remember the vlog clips of him getting off on being hated by the DaddyoFive fans. I don't think there is anything this guy does that's truly heartfelt.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by prettyjay »

Presence wrote:I would guess it's because he catches lucky breaks every once in awhile. Despise Phil for being the tool he is, but then he'll take a stand on something like the DaddyoFive situation and he looks like a hero. For awhile, everyone remembers how his videos did some good and forgives the rest.

And as much as I can't stand him, I do have to wonder if he did save those kids' lives. Of course, at the same time, I remember the vlog clips of him getting off on being hated by the DaddyoFive fans. I don't think there is anything this guy does that's truly heartfelt.
In hindsight, I think Phil just happened to be the first voice on the topic that people were willing to stop and listen to. Check out this precious baby trying to bring awareness to the situations MONTHS before Phil did a video:

[youtube][/youtube]

He apparently got a bunch of hate and racist comments for a while until the story took off and adults with sense found his video and started commenting positively.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

The bulk of Phil's fans are just like him so they give him the praise and adoration they think all unexceptional+unattractive white men like themselves are worthy of. He'll never acknowledge that, though.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

prettyjay wrote:
Presence wrote:I would guess it's because he catches lucky breaks every once in awhile. Despise Phil for being the tool he is, but then he'll take a stand on something like the DaddyoFive situation and he looks like a hero. For awhile, everyone remembers how his videos did some good and forgives the rest.

In hindsight, I think Phil just happened to be the first voice on the topic that people were willing to stop and listen to. Check out this precious baby trying to bring awareness to the situations MONTHS before Phil did a video:

[youtube]<a class="vglnk" href="[/youtube" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>ypGc4d5WpNw</span><span>[/</span><span>youtube</span></a>]

He apparently got a bunch of hate and racist comments for a while until the story took off and adults with sense found his video and started commenting positively.
Sorry this is off topic, but I love this child with all my heart.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

There were a few people who spoke up before Phil. He just so happened to have an audience big enough to be heard. He's still a grade A fuck face though. And maybe it's because I just can't stand him but I feel like he just does shit with the hopes of more views/money. I doubt he cares about much else in this world.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

There have been Reddit requests in the past asking to shine a light on some of the more disturbing videos on YouTube. The one I saw had a ton of support and focused on some Russian channel that showed a young girl that was very clearly appealing to older men. The comments were all sorts of fucked up, and it seems like the girl(s) acknowledged that they were getting attention for the wrong type of thing but I never heard Phil say a thing about it.

Obviously he is in no way meant to go around all the abuse children see on YouTube because that's impossible, but by acknowledging something like the Do5 thing there are a lot of similar situations being ignored. I do wonder if we will see something similar in the future, where he raises awareness and is given most of the credit but there have been people before him that were hated on for trying to raise said awareness.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Merpedy wrote:I do wonder if we will see something similar in the future, where he raises awareness and is given most of the credit but there have been people before him that were hated on for trying to raise said awareness.
Oh crap, you guys, i didn't realize there were other people who brought awareness to that family (like that adorable little boy) and paid a price for doing so long before Phil got involved. I made the assumption someone on Reddit brought it to everyone's attention and Phil thought it was a strong enough story to stir people up and get views.

Here's to all the brave people who got involved and helped those kids out to one degree or another.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Presence wrote:
Merpedy wrote:I do wonder if we will see something similar in the future, where he raises awareness and is given most of the credit but there have been people before him that were hated on for trying to raise said awareness.
Oh crap, you guys, i didn't realize there were other people who brought awareness to that family (like that adorable little boy) and paid a price for doing so long before Phil got involved. I made the assumption someone on Reddit brought it to everyone's attention and Phil thought it was a strong enough story to stir people up and get views.

Here's to all the brave people who got involved and helped those kids out to one degree or another.
I maybe wrong but Phil never gave credit to this channel. He was aware of it, because they commented on the video 5 months ago! Yes there were other channels who brought light to the daddyofive situation before Phil. But again since they were smaller channels and Phil didn't give them credit, no one really knew that :x

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Sorry double post. I wanted to add that Kenjis video about DO5 was published in Feb. Phil's video didn't come out until exactly a month later. No credit given. One of these days he is going to report something, and not give credit and get hung out to dry. I'll be happily waiting for that to happen :)

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

He'll just blame the "help" for not doing their homework correctly. I still can't believe this moron needs a team to make a 10 minute video.

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

monak wrote:He'll just blame the "help" for not doing their homework correctly. I still can't believe this moron needs a team to make a 10 minute video.
I hate how he acts like it takes so long to film for him. He doesn't edit, it should take no longer than an hour for such a short video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

I just watched the video in which he did the story about the swastika-wearing guy in Seattle who got punched in the face. Phil asks, "Who gets to decide who gets called a Nazi?". Then, with a chuckle, he mentions how people have referred to him as being one.

It just reminded me of the many reasons why I can't stand him.

It would be one thing if his thought process was, "Me? A Nazi? That's the most absurd thing anyone can say. I abhor everything they stand for." But no, Instead, Phil revels in the hate he gets. He finds it amusing. He brags about it. It's like, "Let me remind all of you how much shit I have to deal with. Gosh golly, I don't know why. I'm just trying to do a fair news show that inspires discussion."

Also, "People hate me so much! No one else has to deal with this amount of hate. This is what happens when you've become so successful and influential."

He is so annoyingly arrogant. He doesn't even have to come straight out and say the things I quoted. It's like they are ingrained beliefs that come across every time he opens his mouth.

I know we've all said it in various ways: It's his arrogance that will ensure he'll always be an amateur and ensure he has no credibility.

And he may have a legion of fans who will help him win a stupid Streamy award, but in the grand scheme of things, that means nothing. The fact that he seems to be putting more effort into pushing for a Streamy than focusing on his "news network" is typical Phil.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Presence wrote:I just watched the video in which he did the story about the swastika-wearing guy in Seattle who got punched in the face. Phil asks, "Who gets to decide who gets called a Nazi?". Then, with a chuckle, he mentions how people have referred to him as being one.

It just reminded me of the many reasons why I can't stand him.

It would be one thing if his thought process was, "Me? A Nazi? That's the most absurd thing anyone can say. I abhor everything they stand for." But no, Instead, Phil revels in the hate he gets. He finds it amusing. He brags about it. It's like, "Let me remind all of you how much shit I have to deal with. Gosh golly, I don't know why. I'm just trying to do a fair news show that inspires discussion."

Also, "People hate me so much! No one else has to deal with this amount of hate. This is what happens when you've become so successful and influential."

He is so annoyingly arrogant. He doesn't even have to come straight out and say the things I quoted. It's like they are ingrained beliefs that come across every time he opens his mouth.

I know we've all said it in various ways: It's his arrogance that will ensure he'll always be an amateur and ensure he has no credibility.

And he may have a legion of fans who will help him win a stupid Streamy award, but in the grand scheme of things, that means nothing. The fact that he seems to be putting more effort into pushing for a Streamy than focusing on his "news network" is typical Phil.
Everything you said is on point. He is one of the most manipulative guys ever. Just look at how he's trying to win the Streamy's:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

I can't wait for him to fuck up in a major way and it marks his downfall.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

my god his teeth are disgusting! Go to the dentist man!

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Lilly_paddycake wrote:my god his teeth are disgusting! Go to the dentist man!
I was thinking the same thing. All that money and he can't make it to a dentist?

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”