Phil DeFranco (sxephil) / SourceFed Part 2

prettyjay
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil DeFranco (sxephil) / SourceFed Part 2

Post by prettyjay »

Presence wrote:Re: His mom: Has she ever been in any of his videos? I know he's mentioned they are "cool" now, but I wonder if she's just like him--someone who tries really hard to seem open-minded and evolved, but, just below the surface, she's still making decisions, and judging people, based on her past.

Re: His ex: Sorry for bombarding you guys with my armchair psychologist theories about Phil, but the details that are brought up here, the more I find this fascinating...

So, Phil has probably his first serious relationship with a black chick. He even sticks by this woman when he gets disowned by his parents. She cheats on him. He's devastated. Now, here we are, years later, and he can barely contain his disdain for women and his own racist leanings. How bizarre is it that his ex had such and impact on his life and, I think, to this day, he's still lashing out at her through his Twitter tantrums.

Re: The video: I got the feeling they were references, but I have no idea what he was referencing.

The video was made seven years ago. Obviously the pain from the ex was still raw (even though he was with Lyndsey at the time that video was made). Funny how, like I mentioned above, the pain is still there to this day, but, rather than being expressed in song, it's expressed in sarcastic tweets.
Here's his mom:

https://youtu.be/x_aojN7e4Vo?t=1m2s

She's a pretty woman. I wonder how she ended up with Phil's dad? I think you've articulated quite flawlessly what a lot of women who land on his channels + social media accounts end up picking up on. It's intriguing but it's also really frustrating+depressing because the women around him who don't fit into the category of family will continue to be collateral damage + have to bear the weight of his unaddressed issues.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

His mom looks rough. I wonder what she looks like now, seven years later.

Was the affection between them genuine, I wonder? Was Phil just playing "I have such a great life!" for the camera? In those old videos, he seems immature, but his energy has a lightness--like he's not so angry. Now, seven years later, he seems so miserable.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

Presence wrote:His mom looks rough. I wonder what she looks like now, seven years later.

Was the affection between them genuine, I wonder? Was Phil just playing "I have such a great life!" for the camera? In those old videos, he seems immature, but his energy has a lightness--like he's not so angry. Now, seven years later, he seems so miserable.
Hopefully somewhat similar so anyone who recognizes her can promptly request a different nurse. :?

I think it's actually pretty remarkable that he was able to tolerate her physical affection, let alone return it. My impression is that any 'lightness' he's capable of is likely substance dependent.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

prettyjay wrote:My impression is that any 'lightness' he's capable of is likely substance dependent.
Yep. I think you're spot-on about that. It's not something I readily thought of. Then I wonder, what he is taking these days to cope?

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

The fact that he assumed people would want to see him in Roman Atwoods proposed derby was hysterical. What was even more funny was when he said "if it happens in the next couple months, I won't be able to do it for personal reasons". Bitch don't worry they won't ask you, and you're lucky you have a baby on the way so you can feel less salty when they don't ask you.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Trivial, I know, but...

Just watched part of his latest video. At the beginning, he promotes his book club. He chose the book, "Ready Player One'. Guess who, weeks ago, chose the same book for his book club? Phil's crush Casey Neistat.

Is Phil so clueless and delusional that he can't see, when he's trying convince people he's just as influential as, and equal to, other big YTers but yet he just comes across as 16-year old fanboy?

cloud13
Learner
Learner

Post by cloud13 »

I feel like he's started a book club like 3 times before and they never last.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

cloud13 wrote:I feel like he's started a book club like 3 times before and they never last.
Can you picture Phil actually reading a book?

Me neither.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

cloud13 wrote:I feel like he's started a book club like 3 times before and they never last.
That's because his excitement about reading only lasts as long as Audible pays him $$$$ to promote them.
Presence wrote:Just watched part of his latest video. At the beginning, he promotes his book club. He chose the book, "Ready Player One'. Guess who, weeks ago, chose the same book for his book club? Phil's crush Casey Neistat. Is Phil so clueless and delusional that he can't see, when he's trying convince people he's just as influential as, and equal to, other big YTers but yet he just comes across as 16-year old fanboy?
I think it's a bit of a laziness thing, too. The first book Phil chose for his book club is one he already read and raved about like 5 years ago, and copying Casey for book #2 means he can just kind of parrot what's already being said and still give his fans the impression that they're reading/listening together while he pushes affiliate links.

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

Presence wrote:
Can you picture Phil actually reading a book?

Me neither.
He couldn't even finish the 10 pages of Vidcon attendance rules so slim chance.

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

I'm pretty sure Phil already read Ready Player One a while ago. I remember him mentioning reading it and really liking it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Timelydisguise
Talker
Talker

Post by Timelydisguise »

I also picked up on the women being overweight and not Phil's cup of tea (Jessica nigri and source fed girls ?). (I find Dani and Briana to be beautiful , and all of the women in the office have awesome personalities). Lindsey seems VERY insecure, and I get it, I think she looked a ton better when they got married and even then I didn't think she was pretty. Phil is also crazy insecure. Their relationship seems so toxic and they seem so unhappy. Idk,if I were her I would be my best self and travel everywhere. At least seem to have an amazing, happy life. Instead she's this bitchy, bitter person, and he's just this all around asshole- I can't imagine how bad and underwhelming their relationship must be. I mean, usually relationships that seem perfect are far from amazing, what's to be said for one that already seems cold

candidorrh
Learner
Learner

Post by candidorrh »

Lol loving the tweets that Keemstar posted about Phil and Patreon. Keemstar mentions that he gets $200k a month, if that's true it's ridiculous!

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 »

candidorrh wrote:Lol loving the tweets that Keemstar posted about Phil and Patreon. Keemstar mentions that he gets $200k a month, if that's true it's ridiculous!
I’m guessing most of that goes to the extra staff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

It's suppose to be going towards him doing his stupid ass "news show". But in reality the show is still shit and hasn't changed. His nasty attitude is just getting worse. ANY criticism thrown at him bumps him up to total asshole mode. Everyone on Keem's Twitter comments are kissing Phil's ass. He just had a babyyy, he needs to be home. Yeah, okay well his wife has her mom there who is probably doing all the work with the baby while Phil sits on his ass playing on the internet and calling it a "job". When are people going to wake the fuck up and see what a piece of shit Phil is? Here he is bitching about people not liking today's show that he totallly didn't have to make because you know, baby. :roll:

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

monak wrote:When are people going to wake the fuck up and see what a piece of shit Phil is? Here he is bitching about people not liking today's show that he totallly didn't have to make because you know, baby. :roll:
Here's the better question: When is Phil going to fuck up as bad as PewdiePie has, thanks to him running his mouth or something getting revealed, and everyone will, finally turn on Phil?

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

If Phil was truly serious about making a news network I suspect we would be hearing less about the baby or any excuse for that matter. He'd be working his ass off 24/7 because 2 years to set something like that up truly seems like a very short amount of time. Especially when he hasn't even done half of the things he had claimed he would on Patreon.

Nun4GretchenWieners
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nun4GretchenWieners »

Presence wrote:
monak wrote:When are people going to wake the fuck up and see what a piece of shit Phil is? Here he is bitching about people not liking today's show that he totallly didn't have to make because you know, baby. :roll:
Here's the better question: When is Phil going to fuck up as bad as PewdiePie has, thanks to him running his mouth or something getting revealed, and everyone will, finally turn on Phil?
Sooner than later. I imagine maybe in then next year.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Time for a part 3?

I'd do it but I think it's possibly better done by regulars?
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

Presence wrote:
Hopefully not TOO soon. I want him to be held accountable for how badly he's fucking up with the Patreon donation money before any other shit goes down that he can blame for not getting things done.

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

^ It's amazeballs how petty he is regarding anything directed at white people... unless it's coming out of his mouth and he can feel superior over the rest of us.

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”