Our Family Nest - Part 3

mzkitteh

Our Family Nest - Part 3

Post by mzkitteh »

Continued from viewtopic.php?f=187&t=36958

I figured 44 pages was plenty long enough. Time for a new thread!
.......meow.......

mzkitteh

Re: Our Family Nest - Part 3

Post by mzkitteh »

ZeroPoinT wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:28 pm
mzkitteh wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:20 pm
Continued from viewtopic.php?f=187&t=36958

I figured 44 pages was plenty long enough. Time for a new thread!
it was, good job, thanks... don't forget next time, lock the thread. :)
Haha I was trying to see if I could, but I don't think I'm able to? Unless I wasn't looking at the right thing. Thank you for locking it. :)
.......meow.......

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by heatherrrrz »

Interesting that their families are on bad terms right now, wonder what happened this time

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

I'd rather see them vlog Chase and Asha winning homecoming king/queen than yet another sponsored video for something they don't actually use. They're vlogging their life and that is a big life event, why wouldn't they vlog it?

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

i’d rather watch the homecoming crowning than watch yet another pointless rambling session from Karli in her room saying “um” every other word
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I wonder, since clout is all-important among teenagers, if they would have won if they weren't "big" YouTubers. They don't seem to do much with any friends.
Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Another question: how does someone under age do "truth or drink"? It's almost as bad as when Brooklyn and Bailey did it with sparkling cider...
The whole point of truth or drink is that you drink, and your inhibitions are lower, and you are more likely to answer a question you might not answer otherwise. So what is the point when you are under age or belong to a religion that forbids alcohol.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Another question: how does someone under age do "truth or drink"? It's almost as bad as when Brooklyn and Bailey did it with sparkling cider...
The whole point of truth or drink is that you drink, and your inhibitions are lower, and you are more likely to answer a question you might not answer otherwise. So what is the point when you are under age or belong to a religion that forbids alcohol.

If she could get away with it, I bet Candi would let her kids do a legit "truth or drink"

Queen900
Informer
Informer

Post by Queen900 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:24 pm

They do pickle juice, ketchup, vinegar etc

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Post by iseeyouwatchingmeMB »

Didn’t Ken and Candi to truth or drink and also didn’t use alcohol? Lol. I don’t think they drink much from what they’ve said but maybe they didn’t for the video because they’re a family channel.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

I watched the home coming video today and Candi had to take Chase’s Xbox away because his room was so dirty. She also said her and Karli cleaned it for him a couple of weeks ago and it’s already filthy. I have never in my life heard of an 18 year old that can’t clean his own room and still gets electronics taken away for it. I think moving out is going to ruin Chase and Asha’s relationship because he is SO lazy and she’ll have to do everything for him. He seriously lives his life like a 12 year old and I truly do not see what Asha sees in him. I’m sure she probably thinks it will be different when they move out and that he’ll help but I doubt he will. Imagine having to tell your boyfriend to clean, run 2 YouTube channels to pay your rent, do all the cooking, shipping, etc. He will be useless. It’s all going to get old after the excitement of moving out goes away.

Sounds like Blake will be moving out soon with friends. Good for him! I hope it brings him happiness. Crazy that it will probably just be Karli in the house before too long.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Chase is nowhere near ready to leave the nest. I am embarrassed for him...how is he okay with Candi and Karli cleaning his room? I’m not even going to comment on getting his xBox taken away. Asha needs to look for a 1 bedroom apartment that she can afford on her own. If Chase does move out he will be right back again. He’s not ready to assume the responsibility of paying his way in the world.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

GGishi-liteofmyday wrote:Chase is nowhere near ready to leave the nest. I am embarrassed for him...how is he okay with Candi and Karli cleaning his room? I’m not even going to comment on getting his xBox taken away. Asha needs to look for a 1 bedroom apartment that she can afford on her own. If Chase does move out he will be right back again. He’s not ready to assume the responsibility of paying his way in the world.
I think Candi spoiled him, and Asha is too sweet to stand up to him. He is perfectly happy to let the women take care of him. Do those kids have chores besides filming? They seem to have a very traditional household except for YouTube. Mom takes care of the house, dad works, and the kids do their activities, go to school, and not much else.
Does Karli still have her job? I don't watch a lot because they're just not very interesting to me. Is Chase still wrestling? I am actually ok with him not wrestling because of the way he stressed over making weight.
Anyone else wonder how much clout played into the home king and queen win? I just wonder because they don't seem to do much with anyone but each other. We only see a snippet of their lives, but they just don't seem like the popular outgoing types.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

lmmomSD wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 am
GGishi-liteofmyday wrote:Chase is nowhere near ready to leave the nest. I am embarrassed for him...how is he okay with Candi and Karli cleaning his room? I’m not even going to comment on getting his xBox taken away. Asha needs to look for a 1 bedroom apartment that she can afford on her own. If Chase does move out he will be right back again. He’s not ready to assume the responsibility of paying his way in the world.
I think Candi spoiled him, and Asha is too sweet to stand up to him. He is perfectly happy to let the women take care of him. Do those kids have chores besides filming? They seem to have a very traditional household except for YouTube. Mom takes care of the house, dad works, and the kids do their activities, go to school, and not much else.
Does Karli still have her job? I don't watch a lot because they're just not very interesting to me. Is Chase still wrestling? I am actually ok with him not wrestling because of the way he stressed over making weight.
Anyone else wonder how much clout played into the home king and queen win? I just wonder because they don't seem to do much with anyone but each other. We only see a snippet of their lives, but they just don't seem like the popular outgoing types.

I agree. It sounds like Asha doesn’t have a great home life and I feel like Asha finding a family with OFN (and also getting all of her YouTube viewers from them) is also part of while she’ll stay with him. They live in a tiny town with seemingly no aspirations to leave or do anything besides YouTube so I bet she’ll stay with him even if it’s miserable. Asha has mentioned before that Candi has brought up being worried about her paying for everything/doing everything for Chase when they move out. Candi created that monster so of course she’s concerned about it.

Sorry if this sounds terrible but if I didn’t know any better I would think Chase has some type of developmental delay or something going on because Candi does everything for him and treats him like he’s 12. I don’t even mean that in a rude way and I’m being 100% serious. I have friends and family who have teens and young adults with learning disabilities/developmental delays and they are more independent than Chase. He’s going to go from being coddled by Candi to coddled by Asha and it’s just gross at this point.

The only chore I’ve ever seen them do is empty the dishwasher but they even still all seem to dodge doing that most of the time. Or Ken will make them help with yard work occasionally in the summer but of course it’s just constant complaints from the kids, and even Candi will get them out of doing it by saying it’s too hot.

Karli only had her job for maybe a month? I’m not sure but it wasn’t very long at all. Chase is still wrestling - it seems like it kept getting put on hold because of COVID but he has been going to practices and stuff in recent videos. Candi said something really recently about him trying to make weight for wrestling and how they’re going to talk about it more in a video soon. I don’t really know what she meant by that. He was saying he felt like he was about to pass out at the homecoming ceremony because he hadn’t eaten. Ugh.

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Post by rulatows000 »

I wasn't expecting Blake to move out so soon. I thought he seemed pretty comfortable at home, but I am happy that he's looking to move in with friends. I think it will be good for him. I am very curious to see how Candi will handle that, all three of her sons moving out within a few months of each other. I am also curious what will happen to their channel. It already seems to be going downhill and like they're running out of things to film, now with only 1 kid living at home - that will be interesting.
I have to ask, how is Chase not embarrassed to have his younger sister and mom have to clean his room for him and then to get his Xbox taken away for not doing it himself? I don't know if it is just pure laziness and being spoiled, but that is just not normal. Especially considering that he's doing online school for an hour a day, doesn't have a job, doesn't have any chores, or hardly any responsibilities. It should not be hard to find time to clean up after himself. I also don't know why (or how) Asha tolerates it when I'm sure they spend a lot of time in his room. Like, I would definitely say something to my boyfriend if his place was a pig sty every time I came to visit. But with Asha tolerating it, not saying anything, cleaning, cooking, and driving for him, he's just constantly getting reinforced for his extreme laziness.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Asha filmed a productive day in the life...I would love to see Chase film one. What does he do all day? Even better maybe they should do a challenge where they don't see each other, talk, or text for 48 hours. They are far too reliant on each other and it would be interesting to see what they did on their own.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

GGishi-liteofmyday wrote:Asha filmed a productive day in the life...I would love to see Chase film one. What does he do all day? Even better maybe they should do a challenge where they don't see each other, talk, or text for 48 hours. They are far too reliant on each other and it would be interesting to see what they did on their own.
That was one thing that made me wonder if they would have won homecoming king and queen if they didn't have the clout they do. They are such a closed off unit of 2. They never seem to do anything apart. Didn't Chase say he would be mad if Asha went to a party without him? Or was that one of the other boys?
I would be concerned if one of my kids was so absorbed by one person. It's not normal for teenagers not to have friends. If I was Candi I would insist on them spending some time apart. Most high school sweethearts don't end up married and living happily ever after. I feel bad for Asha that she doesn't have a good home life, but I would encourage her to spend time with friends apart from Chase. Escape is not a good basis for a long-term relationship.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

Omg how many routine videos can one person film? Looks like there’s a girl talk video coming soon. Hope you’re all ready to buckle up and hear about how birth control can help lessen your period flow for the billionth time. Oh and don’t forget that if someone loves you, they won’t put you in the position of hurting you or whatever that saying is that she has repeated a million times. She needs some new video ideas.

I think them being youtubers definitely had to do with the YouTube win and also the fact that they’ve been together for so long. It’s not super common for a couple to be together for every high school homecoming so I’m sure that played a role as well. I feel like at my high school people would have voted for them because of that.
Candi mentioned something recently about Asha’s friend and her friend’s boyfriend coming over to hang out with them. I was glad to hear that because it doesn’t seem like they see friends all that often. And it’s not even because of covid... it’s been like this for a while. Chase and Asha have been functioning like an old married couple for years now lol.

rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Post by rulatows000 »

Chase and Asha did a girlfriend tag on their channel, probably like the 20th girlfriend/boyfriend tag they've done between their channels. Anyways, one of the questions was 'What's something you wish Chase wouldn't do?" And Asha said, very timidly, "I wish you wouldn't refuse to clean your room... a lot". Before that she also said she didn't like when he doesn't do his laundry. So it does bother her. I'm sure it will bother her a lot more when they're living together.

iseeyouwatchingmeMB
Learner
Learner

rulatows000 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:24 am
Chase and Asha did a girlfriend tag on their channel, probably like the 20th girlfriend/boyfriend tag they've done between their channels. Anyways, one of the questions was 'What's something you wish Chase wouldn't do?" And Asha said, very timidly, "I wish you wouldn't refuse to clean your room... a lot". Before that she also said she didn't like when he doesn't do his laundry. So it does bother her. I'm sure it will bother her a lot more when they're living together.
Woooowwww. I didn’t watch because they’ve done this video a million times but that’s so sad. Chase needs to grow the hell up. I wish Asha would just move out on her own until he gets a real job and matures more. It’s not fair at all that she’s going to have to do all the cleaning. We know she will. Or she’ll have to tell him specifically what to do like she’s his mom. All he can make is ramen noodles so we know she’ll do all the cooking, grocery shopping, and meal prep too. And she’s the one who has to worry about the YouTube videos making enough to live on. I wish Asha would realize that she deserves more.

Return to “Our Family Nest”