Noodlerella // Connie Glynn

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Noodlerella // Connie Glynn

Post by [som3thing] »

Reprimand wrote:Did anyone see her draw my life for 2017? Sounds like she had a pretty crap year
I did see it, I am happy she let people know what happened, it gives prospective about her not having been able to post more and I am curious to see what she'll do in 2018 since she seems motivate to take a slightly different path
<3

ytfanxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ytfanxo »

I like her and the new year draw my life was okay, but I found it hard to sympathise with her leg problem when she turned down a free surgery slot to go to Amsterdam. FOMO or what :/

w1shful
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by w1shful »

I didn't r
ytfanxo wrote:I like her and the new year draw my life was okay, but I found it hard to sympathise with her leg problem when she turned down a free surgery slot to go to Amsterdam. FOMO or what :/
I wasn't the biggest fan of that video either :/ I can relate to Connie because I have a pretty intense medical condition that causes me a lot of pain, but I honestly cannot understand her thinking process in turning that surgery down. What was she thinking?! That just seems like really messed up priorities to me. Also, this may be because I'm pretty jaded from my medical problems, but it just felt like she was so over the top about her leg. I had a major knee injury where I dislocated the knee cap, fractured it, tore my ACL and tore my MCL all in one go and I did not use a wheelchair once. It was actually advised that I walk as much as possible to avoid muscle atrophy. I had a surgery shortly after the injury where they pretty much took all my knee out and replaced it with metal, and I was made to walk by the doctors the day I woke up. I understand she's in pain, and I'm not being very sympathetic here, but it just feels so much like she was making such a massive fuss over her leg that it was a bit annoying. I completely understand where she's coming from with the depression about being isolated though. I hope 2018 will be better for her, I'm excited to see where she goes with her content.

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

Didn't she turn it down for work? Maybe she felt like she had to go and meet people? I don't know, she did give me the impression of having made that choice more out of responsibility rather than for fun, since she was already making less videos and such, if anything I am sorry she felt like she had to, I think that fear of being a bother to others and fear of letting people down influenced a lot of her choices last year. I mean, it was her choice at the end, and it probably wasn't the right one, but I don't think she did it because she was like 'fuck it, I'd rather have fun' you know? ... I can't express myself properly today I hope this makes sense
<3

ytfanxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ytfanxo »

[som3thing] wrote:Didn't she turn it down for work? Maybe she felt like she had to go and meet people? I don't know, she did give me the impression of having made that choice more out of responsibility rather than for fun, since she was already making less videos and such, if anything I am sorry she felt like she had to, I think that fear of being a bother to others and fear of letting people down influenced a lot of her choices last year. I mean, it was her choice at the end, and it probably wasn't the right one, but I don't think she did it because she was like 'fuck it, I'd rather have fun' you know? ... I can't express myself properly today I hope this makes sense
She did it to go to VidCon, which isn't really work for YouTubers, it's an event for fun, where YouTubers get to meet each other and feel important as fans line up to meet them. It's hosted several times a year around the world. I get it must be a bummer to have to miss that, but it is 100% FOMO (feeling of missing out.) There are YouTubers who have had to skip VidCon in the past because they've had University stuff to deal with (even big YouTubers), and a leg surgery spot given it was allegedly causing her so much depression and agony to anyone else would've been more important. I'm not saying she's a bad person, I'm just saying it's making me hard to sympathise with the leg thing specifically.

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

People get paid for speaking at panels tho don't they? (I don't know really I assume they do, that is why I am asking) if so that counts as work for me, not to mention that I am sure there were people who like Connie and had decided to go to VidCon just to see her, and since she got news that she could get surgery only at the last minute, she should have cancelled the panel and told some of her 'fans' that might have gone just for her that she wasn't going when it was too late for them to get a refund, this is why to me this still classifies more as fear of letting people down rather than fear of missing out.

I don't think you are accusing her of being a bad person and I don't expect you to feel sympathy for her, nor is my intention to attack you in any way, you simply stated an opinion I disagree with regarding what the motives behind Connie's actions might be so I am commenting here saying my opinion on it. Sorry if I gave you the impression of having a problem with your opinion or to be trying to change your mind, I just wanted to say my point of view on it really.
<3

Reprimand
Informer
Informer

Post by Reprimand »

People don't get paid at vidcon but she probably did feel pressure to not let people down

ytfanxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ytfanxo »

[som3thing] wrote:People get paid for speaking at panels tho don't they? (I don't know really I assume they do, that is why I am asking) if so that counts as work for me, not to mention that I am sure there were people who like Connie and had decided to go to VidCon just to see her, and since she got news that she could get surgery only at the last minute, she should have cancelled the panel and told some of her 'fans' that might have gone just for her that she wasn't going when it was too late for them to get a refund, this is why to me this still classifies more as fear of letting people down rather than fear of missing out.

I don't think you are accusing her of being a bad person and I don't expect you to feel sympathy for her, nor is my intention to attack you in any way, you simply stated an opinion I disagree with regarding what the motives behind Connie's actions might be so I am commenting here saying my opinion on it. Sorry if I gave you the impression of having a problem with your opinion or to be trying to change your mind, I just wanted to say my point of view on it really.
Nah don't worry, I always feel the need for the 'no offence to you' comment too because I hate arguing, even with my anonymity and the internet.

As the other poster said, they don't get paid. It's my opinion that she did it because of ego and FOMO. I get you disagree though and that's chill.

[som3thing]
Debater
Debater

Post by [som3thing] »

ytfanxo wrote:
Nah don't worry, I always feel the need for the 'no offence to you' comment too because I hate arguing, even with my anonymity and the internet.

As the other poster said, they don't get paid. It's my opinion that she did it because of ego and FOMO. I get you disagree though and that's chill.
I do so too, the fact is that in written form things can seem to have a meaning behind them that they don't have, so it's easy to feel like someone is attacking you or someone may feel attacked by what you say, when really there is no ill intent behind it... so it's always easier to try and make it clear for me xD
<3

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

So in a recent Instagram, she said she wants a fennec fox and has done her research. I'm pissed. Fennec foxes shouldn't be pets, why can't she just rescue a normal animal and not one that cold become endangered due to becoming a pet?

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

HearMeRoar wrote:So in a recent Instagram, she said she wants a fennec fox and has done her research. I'm pissed. Fennec foxes shouldn't be pets, why can't she just rescue a normal animal and not one that cold become endangered due to becoming a pet?
why are youtubers such dumbasses? anyone with even the smallest bit of common sense would realize that you shouldn’t be keeping fennec foxes as pets :roll:

on an unrelated note, I don’t really follow connie and just looked at her insta for the first time in months. I forgot just how insufferable she is but have since been reminded after reading her captions

HearMeRoar
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HearMeRoar »

aaa123 wrote:
HearMeRoar wrote:So in a recent Instagram, she said she wants a fennec fox and has done her research. I'm pissed. Fennec foxes shouldn't be pets, why can't she just rescue a normal animal and not one that cold become endangered due to becoming a pet?
why are youtubers such dumbasses? anyone with even the smallest bit of common sense would realize that you shouldn’t be keeping fennec foxes as pets :roll:

on an unrelated note, I don’t really follow connie and just looked at her insta for the first time in months. I forgot just how insufferable she is but have since been reminded after reading her captions
Yep but of course, connie likes to be different then anyone else - she likes the attention from having something unusual.

I actually really really enjoyed her stuff but after seeing that and then lately some of her instagram has been so irritating..

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

I just saw her "transformation" and holy CRAP she looks so good with brown hair. That ugly fading pink did not suit her at all and frankly I'm really surprised that she tried it for so long.

clublauf
Learner
Learner

Post by clublauf »

The new look she's going for seems pretty solid. I liked the cardigan she posted in her instagram story (sorry, I failed to take a picture), but I wonder how long this will last. It's going to be hard for her to distance herself from the intense pink and pastel image she's had for so long.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

Are we not going to talk about her unfollowing Dodie?

I am very happy with her image change though!
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

Accidental post
Last edited by Oh my sea on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

I wonder who's she's referring to?
20190823_095241.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

I also posted this in the Savannah thread. Is she joking or is she trying to shade sav?

no_idea
Lurker
Lurker

Post by no_idea »

Connie and Savannah are good friends as far as I know, so I guess she's just trying to be funny (and failing)? No idea really, they do seem to get along well though so I don't think it's shade

princessg
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by princessg »

Has anyone else noticed that she’s deleted all her YouTube videos? What’s going on with her, she’s also completely changed her style on from her pics on Instagram

Return to “N-Z”