Post by Halloween »

We were right - her and Will did break up. :(

gossiplover1998
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sarah Baska

Post by gossiplover1998 »

I love Sarah so much I hope she's at the point where she can start uploading consistently again. I liked the LiS series but I hope we get to see more of her old style videos again.

chelsealand
Informer
Informer

Post by chelsealand »

usually I'm fine with her click bates. the "I'm pregnant" one though. just no.

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

I think the "I'm pregnant" clickbait title was so absurd that it worked tbh. Like there's a point where the title is so unbelievable that you just KNOW it's clickbait before you even watch the video.

Like, I think the "I made out with Donald Trump's son" was worse. Especially considering it was a storytime video. You can tell by the amount of dislikes that a lot of people actually did get baited by it, lol.

On that note, has anyone listened to the podcast yet? I want to, but I don't really like Caitlyn. Not trying to drag her or anything, but I just don't think Sarah has good comedic chemistry with her, especially when you compare that to Ashlynn or even Ryan.

idlemelon
Talker
Talker

Post by idlemelon »

Halloween wrote:I think the "I'm pregnant" clickbait title was so absurd that it worked tbh. Like there's a point where the title is so unbelievable that you just KNOW it's clickbait before you even watch the video.

Like, I think the "I made out with Donald Trump's son" was worse. Especially considering it was a storytime video. You can tell by the amount of dislikes that a lot of people actually did get baited by it, lol.

On that note, has anyone listened to the podcast yet? I want to, but I don't really like Caitlyn. Not trying to drag her or anything, but I just don't think Sarah has good comedic chemistry with her, especially when you compare that to Ashlynn or even Ryan.
i agree w you there, honestly i feel like a lot of people adapt sarah’s humor but it’s not as funny or authentic.
like know no ones humor is completely original but sarah”s “hey girlies” humor where it’s kind of poking fun at the live laugh love type girls or even “hey brothers” type shit rubs off on EVERYONE to an annoying extent. i love sarah and she is so unapologetically herself, but think about andrea russett, bryana salaz, caitlyn rae, cristel- her roommate. i know it’s normal to an extent for friends humor to rub off on you but idk you can feel authenticity, like with ashlynn that was just them. idk im rambling lmao but caitlyn is not my fave. their most recent “i blacked out” truth or drink was weird? they just didn’t not vibe.
also her club penguin merch was soooo weird and random when it was kind of sarah and ryans brand lmao.

idk, i also don’t know timeframes of these releases so many i’m reaching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miaupauanapau
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Miaupauanapau »

I ran to this thread after listening to the podcast - did I really spend 40 minutes listening to a storytime about the roommates dad's cat? I was so lost.

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

idlemelon wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:56 pm
Halloween wrote:I think the "I'm pregnant" clickbait title was so absurd that it worked tbh. Like there's a point where the title is so unbelievable that you just KNOW it's clickbait before you even watch the video.

i agree w you there, honestly i feel like a lot of people adapt sarah’s humor but it’s not as funny or authentic.
like know no ones humor is completely original but sarah”s “hey girlies” humor where it’s kind of poking fun at the live laugh love type girls or even “hey brothers” type shit rubs off on EVERYONE to an annoying extent. i love sarah and she is so unapologetically herself, but think about andrea russett, bryana salaz, caitlyn rae, cristel- her roommate. i know it’s normal to an extent for friends humor to rub off on you but idk you can feel authenticity, like with ashlynn that was just them. idk im rambling lmao but caitlyn is not my fave. their most recent “i blacked out” truth or drink was weird? they just didn’t not vibe.
also her club penguin merch was soooo weird and random when it was kind of sarah and ryans brand lmao.

I totally agree. With Ashlynn it was actually authentic but you can definitely feel the weird vibe with Caitlyn/Cristel etc. Like the chemistry is just NOT there. The truth or drink video was actually so awkward? It was like Sarah was trying to be sarcastic/funny the entire time and Caitlyn was just straight up not following that lead.

Also: I listened to the podcast and it was... bad, lol. Just 40ish minutes of them talking about nothing, really. They were basically just having a conversation among themselves. That's cool and all, but it's not how successful podcasts work. You really can't just have a conversation with your friend in the car and say, "hey, we should do this on a podcast where we have convos like this and that's the gist of it!". There has to be some substance, some effort to organize the topics that are spoken about.

It's only the first episode, so I'll take it. But it was a really disappointing first episode of the podcast for sure, lol.

idlemelon
Talker
Talker

Post by idlemelon »

Halloween wrote:
idlemelon wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:56 pm

I totally agree. With Ashlynn it was actually authentic but you can definitely feel the weird vibe with Caitlyn/Cristel etc. Like the chemistry is just NOT there. The truth or drink video was actually so awkward? It was like Sarah was trying to be sarcastic/funny the entire time and Caitlyn was just straight up not following that lead.

Also: I listened to the podcast and it was... bad, lol. Just 40ish minutes of them talking about nothing, really. They were basically just having a conversation among themselves. That's cool and all, but it's not how successful podcasts work. You really can't just have a conversation with your friend in the car and say, "hey, we should do this on a podcast where we have convos like this and that's the gist of it!". There has to be some substance, some effort to organize the topics that are spoken about.

It's only the first episode, so I'll take it. But it was a really disappointing first episode of the podcast for sure, lol.
YES exactly Image I finally watched it and... Yeah there’s no much comedy. Honestly I think their friendship works bc Sarah is actually funny but has lots of anxiety around things like this and Caitlyn is able to mold to whoever she’s hanging with and doesn’t really seem to have much anxiety, at least about these types of ventures. Like Sarah was in the UNFILTERED podcast and she was soooooo funny and bounced off the hosts so well, but Caitlyn was randomly there?

IDK, I just think Sarah on her own w guests or Sarah cohosting w Ryan or Ashlynn would’ve been so much funnier Image

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

YES exactly I finally watched it and... Yeah there’s no much comedy. Honestly I think their friendship works bc Sarah is actually funny but has lots of anxiety around things like this and Caitlyn is able to mold to whoever she’s hanging with and doesn’t really seem to have much anxiety, at least about these types of ventures. Like Sarah was in the UNFILTERED podcast and she was soooooo funny and bounced off the hosts so well, but Caitlyn was randomly there?

IDK, I just think Sarah on her own w guests or Sarah cohosting w Ryan or Ashlynn would’ve been so much funnier
It's strange because Caitlyn seems to have a lot of anxiety herself? Like when they went to Miami together and a bunch of shit went wrong, Sarah said she had to calm Caitlyn down on multiple different nights. I think a big one was the strip club, like Sarah was thriving but Caitlyn was on the verge of an anxiety attack basically the whole time.

This sounds so bad but I feel like she's friends with Caitlyn more out of convenience than anything, lol. Like she highkey doesn't really give a shit about the influencer lifestyle but she's also terrified of becoming irrelevant (like all influencers are) so it just helps her image/career to hangout with other influencers and make content with them. Didn't she also kinda say that in the podcast? Like "I had to tell myself to be friends with more influencers" or something?

And YES the unfiltered podcast was so good lmao. I could feel how relieved she was to finally hang around people she could let loose with and be goofy as hell around. It reminds me of when I hang out with my friends after a long week of being super professional/proper at work lol. And yeah, why tf was Caitlyn even there? Is it normal on that podcast for the guests to bring spectators along with them?

idlemelon
Talker
Talker

Post by idlemelon »

Halloween wrote:
YES exactly I finally watched it and... Yeah there’s no much comedy. Honestly I think their friendship works bc Sarah is actually funny but has lots of anxiety around things like this and Caitlyn is able to mold to whoever she’s hanging with and doesn’t really seem to have much anxiety, at least about these types of ventures. Like Sarah was in the UNFILTERED podcast and she was soooooo funny and bounced off the hosts so well, but Caitlyn was randomly there?

IDK, I just think Sarah on her own w guests or Sarah cohosting w Ryan or Ashlynn would’ve been so much funnier
It's strange because Caitlyn seems to have a lot of anxiety herself? Like when they went to Miami together and a bunch of shit went wrong, Sarah said she had to calm Caitlyn down on multiple different nights. I think a big one was the strip club, like Sarah was thriving but Caitlyn was on the verge of an anxiety attack basically the whole time.

This sounds so bad but I feel like she's friends with Caitlyn more out of convenience than anything, lol. Like she highkey doesn't really give a shit about the influencer lifestyle but she's also terrified of becoming irrelevant (like all influencers are) so it just helps her image/career to hangout with other influencers and make content with them. Didn't she also kinda say that in the podcast? Like "I had to tell myself to be friends with more influencers" or something?

And YES the unfiltered podcast was so good lmao. I could feel how relieved she was to finally hang around people she could let loose with and be goofy as hell around. It reminds me of when I hang out with my friends after a long week of being super professional/proper at work lol. And yeah, why tf was Caitlyn even there? Is it normal on that podcast for the guests to bring spectators along with them?
Okay trueee! I guess my interpretation of them/that trip was Sarah has bad social anxiety and Caitlyn wasn’t so much anxious during the trip as she was salty that things weren’t going according to plan and that the stripper was Sarah’s fan and not hers Image I gotta start giving these influencers the benefit of the doubt LMAO.

And yes I totttaallly agree! Like Caitlyn knows more people and brings her out of her shell. Also in the podcast when Caitlyn was saying she came up w “Cheers, Brother” bc they “randomly call each other brother for no reason”. More like Sarah’s been calling people that for yeeeaaarrs idk

Yes so true!! I LOVED her vibes with everyone there. Her and Mariah were so cute and funny together. They laughed more in the first 5 mins than the whole Cheers Brother episode combined. But like you said hopefully since it was just their 1st episode we’ll be proven wrong and cynical LMAOImage

alex.pyt
Informer
Informer

Post by alex.pyt »

Did anyone watch/listen to the second episode? To me it was as boring as the first one. I agree with the ones who said that the vibes seem to be non-existent between sarah and caitlyn. Like, they are probably good friends, but they don't have the same humor.
I think they both highly took ispiration from Cody Ko and Noel Miller's podcast, except those two guys are both naturally funny AND they just vibe incredibly together, probably because they were friends way before youtube. They also always bring different topics to their episodes, spacing from stupid things to politics with ease. You just CANNOT recreate something and expect it to be as good as the original, simply because it wasn't your idea in the first place so you won't really "get it".
I think this podcast won't last for long, honestly.

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

Tbh I've watched all of the episodes so far and they're still... not great lol. Apparently the Q&A is supposed to start next episode so maybe that'll add some structure/excitement to the episodes, ig?

& Okay so I actually decided to watch some of Caitlyn's videos today and I found something really concerning? Sorry this isn't about Sarah, but I was really shocked about it so I wanted to bring it up. I guess Caitlyn lived in Hawaii for a while with some older guy, a complete stranger, that she met on a website called Workaway. Basically she got to live rent-free in a million-dollar home in exchange for her 'assistance/help' around the place. I'm sorry, but that's sketch as FUCK. She was 19 when she moved in with this man. I'm actually really horrified that she documented this on social media knowing that thousands of young/impressionable viewers were going to be watching it.

She opened up in a video like a year later about how something "very bad" happened with this Workaway guy (yeah, no shit??) and called him a predator. Said to never stay in a house with him, etc. I guess it's fine and good that she made a video warning her viewers about him after something bad happened, but she still has the video up where she talks about Workaway and endorses the website. Like she literally just raved about how amazing the website is and how to use it for most of the video. I feel so bad that something happened to her, but she should REALLY take that initial video down. And maybe all of her videos with this man (his name is Jeff btw).

It's fucking horrifying to see so many comments on her videos with Jeff like "so what if she's living with an older guy she met on workaway! she's an adult, she can do whatever she wants!" like... she was 19. Yeah technically an adult, but let's be real, you're still basically a baby at 19 lol. It just goes to show how naive and frankly stupid some of her viewers are, and that's why it's so scary that she still has these videos on her channel.

Idk I was just shocked when I saw those videos and also pretty disappointed. Sorry for getting off topic lmao.

idlemelon
Talker
Talker

Post by idlemelon »

alex.pyt wrote:Did anyone watch/listen to the second episode? To me it was as boring as the first one. I agree with the ones who said that the vibes seem to be non-existent between sarah and caitlyn. Like, they are probably good friends, but they don't have the same humor.
I think they both highly took ispiration from Cody Ko and Noel Miller's podcast, except those two guys are both naturally funny AND they just vibe incredibly together, probably because they were friends way before youtube. They also always bring different topics to their episodes, spacing from stupid things to politics with ease. You just CANNOT recreate something and expect it to be as good as the original, simply because it wasn't your idea in the first place so you won't really "get it".
I think this podcast won't last for long, honestly.
Yes I agree. I like Caitlyn and Sarah’s content separately. I think Caitlyns party vlogs are soo much funmore bc they are house parties and fun experiences and her crazy lifestyle rather than finding like her, herself very funny? whereas Sarah is really funny just sitting down and chatting. I can’t help but think about how wasted Sarah being in a podcast is without a funny counterpart like Ryan or Ashlynn Image I still rewatch her vids with them and laugh every time

squddles
Stalker
Stalker

Post by squddles »

a bit off topic but i think sarah privated/deleted the first chad and jimmy video? I noticed for a while but haven't seen anything about it

ancermet
Informer
Informer

Post by ancermet »

I found sarah through the unfiltered podcast, I've been enjoying binge watching her videos. And although I'm sad her breakup with will was really difficult for her, I'm so glad shes moving on. He was such a loser, like she can do much better than some messy wanna be soundcloud rapper.

I admire that she has a variety of friendships, but her with Caitlyn is so weird. Sarah seems down to earth and caitlyn is so high maintenance?
english is my first language, im just lazy.

idlemelon
Talker
Talker

Post by idlemelon »

just watched sarah and cristel on dating straight podcast and one of the top comments and replies are people saying they wish the podcast was w her instead, so us over here aren’t the only ones lol

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

The comments on today's podcast are... not good lmao. Has anyone seen them? Caitlyn is getting dragged.

A lot of them were basically saying the same as us, but some others are dragging Caitlyn for hanging out with Bryce Hall & other tiktokers during the pandemic. I mean I agree w most of them (obv since I post on this forum lol) but like, damn I can kinda sympathize at the same time. She was so stoked to start this podcast and within the first 5 episodes, she's already getting put on blast.

I feel like they're gonna have to address it soon considering like 80% of the comments are about it. Awkward.

broskiebron
Stalker
Stalker

Post by broskiebron »

is it just me or is it kind of strange how sarah and caitlyn became friends. like caitlyn was a fan of her videos for years before becoming friends with her and then i feel like tries to adopt her personality? and i agree with the comments about them having no chemistry. sometimes it feels like caitlyn has no idea what’s going on when sarah’s just being goofy and lighthearted. kind of kills the vibes but hey if the podcast means more sarah baska content, i’ll take it i guess

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

broskiebron wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:30 am
is it just me or is it kind of strange how sarah and caitlyn became friends. like caitlyn was a fan of her videos for years before becoming friends with her and then i feel like tries to adopt her personality? and i agree with the comments about them having no chemistry. sometimes it feels like caitlyn has no idea what’s going on when sarah’s just being goofy and lighthearted. kind of kills the vibes but hey if the podcast means more sarah baska content, i’ll take it i guess
I've wondered the same thing lol. They talked about how they became friends in one of their podcasts. I think it all boils down to the fact that: A) They both have the same taste in music (JT/Harry/Bruno Mars etc), and B) Caitlyn is a social climber and tries really hard to connect with influencers who have more followers than her. No shade towards Caitlyn, I get that the girl is just doing her job, but that's how it is. And Sarah's a free spirit who probably accepts friendships really easily, esp now that she's in LA and doesn't really know anyone.

Tbh if you're an influencer, Caitlyn is the perfect friend to have because she loves doing luxurious, vlog-worthy stuff. She's just that friend that forces you to spontaneously go out even though you don't want to, and then you end up having a great time lmao. Those friends are great and super fun, but probably not the ones you'd want to be really tight/start a podcast with.

WoahStinky
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by WoahStinky »

Don’t know if anyone reads these anymore really but just wanted to bring up the joychella thing, this is obviously a scam, like what 90$ for a lady to “boost your confidence?” I guess all confidence coaches could be called scammers and I guess if they work, they work, but have you guys actually checked out joy’s Instagram? That shit is weird, she basically just talks in all her stories about how she’s so helpful and amazing to others… idk something about this lady rubs me the wrong way… I feel like somehow she’s convinced Sarah into promoting this shit. It doesn’t seem right. She talks about being real but wears HEAVY ass makeup and turns the saturation on her videos way the fuck up, uses filters and shit… seems insincere to me, I don’t know. I get a weird, fake vibe from her.

Also the “doctor” sarah was seeing about her diagnosis, was ALSO extremely sus. Talking about “this is gonna cost thousands of dollars” and shit like what? Why is the dr talking her about the cost? That’s not his job. Even if it is a specialist I feel like he would have someone who he can direct her cost questions to, I think it’s unprofessional at best and shady as fuck at worst. Anyone else feel this way? People are so busy supporting her in the comments of her diagnosis that nobody is talking about how off the situation with the specialist was. Hopefully she will get a second opinion or at least go see someone else before making a decision to go with this guy… I get the feeling this guy is a failed actor turned doctor. It is LA after all… 😁
But seriously, hope Sarah gets it figured out, I have an autoimmune disorder too and that shit can be terrifying.

Return to “N-Z”