Michel Janse

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Michel Janse

Post by airlocked »

She seems fairly sweet and I enjoyed watching her vlogs. But it kinda irks me when she keeps harping on about being transparent and wanting to make YouTube her main income and them pumps out the videos that simply get a lot of views (subscription unboxing, thrifting items she never wears again) or places 5 ads on a video

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michel Janse

Post by laurenthegumdrop »

It also kind of irks me how she always isn’t going on about how hard she works.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Shocker. She is starting a podcast. Yawn. And quit her other stable revenue streams. Just waiting for the video where she whines about how her Adsense has dropped and begging people to watch all her ads.

Yeh she is becoming insufferable and is so incredibly thin skinned and seems to be a bit of a snowflake. Oh allegedly no one talks about pap smear so she needs to educate people on it (reminds me of her video where she showed what she packed in her carry on as there weren't any other videos online, supposedly. Ooookay). There is a wealth of knowledge on the internet about pap smears and I am sure plenty of educational videos on YouTube too. But it feeds into her ego about how she is simply there to help her "friends" and her viewers seem to love it. So bizarre.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Did you also see she’s doing YouTube consultation to help people grow their channel/make an income from YouTube? I think that’s a little ridiculous considering she only has 75,000 subscribers.

Also, she really does come across as a know it all like even in her relationship, etc. when I don’t know if she’s actually all that knowledgeable.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

No I must have missed that. Wow :/ all she does is pump out 100000 subscription videos. Tbh I only watch her weekly blog and even then it's getting hard to watch.

Yep she's knowledgeable about everything, thinks her dad is also the most knowledgeable person in the world. Thankfully she stopped with the videos where she purports to be an expert in sustaining a healthy marriage (when she has only been married for a year).

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

I was actually going to mention her about her relationship in my last post. She does kind of have an air of “I’m doing things right” when like you’re saying she’s been married a year and they haven’t been together all that long. Also the fact that she’s only 23. Idk maybe she is bugging me because she just kind of acts so like “perfect” and knowledgeable when she is overall young and not that’s knowledgeable imo. I feel like she really is pushing so hard for the influencer life to work for her And it’s kind of showing as not as authentic as I think she believes she is coming across.

Like on her Instagram stories she said a few people have signed up for her consultations and she was like “I’m so excited to get to know my friends better” which to me honestly feels very disingenuous because you’re getting to know them cause they’re paying you. Like you could get to know them for free if that is your actual motive for the consultation. Duh you’re doing it for money not to get to know your “friends.”

Lol I’m going on too much but also I’m thinking it might be that she isn’t having too many hands in too many pots - YouTube, podcast, trying to be a create Europe’s with Janse the label and sweatshirts, now consultant, and who knows what else. Just kind of too much.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Yep agreed, she is trying to do a bit of everything that every other influencer does out there. She's young, lived a sheltered life and with honestly, not a lot of life experience. Wouldn't be surprised if she moves eventually into doing consultations as a life coach.

The whole "friends" thing worked when her channel was smaller but come on, with that many subscribers it's just fake. These people aren't your friends, they fund your life.

It also doesn't seem that she really is interested in acting anymore which is a shame as that was what intrigued me in the beginning.

Mrsblondback
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mrsblondback »

Ugh.....I originally subscribed because I thought she was pretty and seemed interesting. Then, I unsubscribed just as quickly when I saw how incredibly self-serving she is! Every other word she says is a commercial of some kind, whether it be for her consulting service or ugly sweatshirts. Oh, and she has 100% begged her viewers to watch the ads so that she can get all of the money.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Such a shame tbh.and the fact that she became so bigheaded so quickly

I check her channel every now and then to see if she has any interesting content but nope. Subscription unboxing and thrifting videos (it always bugged me how she would get did of all the items on her next closet declutter).

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

I saw a bit of her last vlog because I was interested in what I saw going on with her health. I do feel for her on any of that.

But in the same vlog she saying they’re gonna redo their whole living room which I swear didn’t she just do that? It just kind of rubs me the wrong way because I kind of feel like she tries to seem a little sustainable person and stuff and yet she’s doing so many monthly box reviews (does anyone still buy these boxes?!) and has purchased a new item every vlog and now is redoing her living room I swear months after doing it?

Idk haha

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Sorry I don't want to suffer through her videos, but what happened with her health?

Yeah she redid the whole area only a few months ago, new dining table, sofa. Idk she's probably redoing it again because of a sponsorship. Or freebies. Or to just have content.

Mrsblondback
Learner
Learner

Post by Mrsblondback »

airlocked wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:11 am
Sorry I don't want to suffer through her videos, but what happened with her health?

Yeah she redid the whole area only a few months ago, new dining table, sofa. Idk she's probably redoing it again because of a sponsorship. Or freebies. Or to just have content.
She has an unexplained rash on her skin. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that the 50 million different lotions that come in all of those subscription boxes don't help. 🤦‍♀️ She also has celiac disease.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

They are having her tested for lupus because it sounds like a rash but also makes her super tired and sick feeling.

Yeah, I found that so bizarre that they’re redoing everything. It must be mostly for content but it just seems insane.

She also is just making too much content in my opinion.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Thanks for the update!

Why do these youtubers ask random people on the internet to diagnose them... So bizarre.

mischief_managed
Stalker
Stalker

Post by mischief_managed »

I no longer sub... she's in that weird spot in her channel growth, has to take as many sponsorships as possible to make it to the next stage but the constant sponcon has dulled her channel. She's aware of it too, according to her last Q&A. She's totally enamored with all the free shit she's getting.

What struck me in that Q&A is how sensitive she is. Says she is deleting 10+ comments a day that bring her vibe down. That type of feedback is only going to get worse as she gets more subs, so I hope she figures out a way to deal with it and not let it eat at her. I do think she is a nice young lady.\\

She also touched on politics, saying she is just trying to navigate the landscape and form her own opinions, after growing up in 1 extreme in Texas and moving to another in LA. Fair. I guess. I think she's inviting people to read between the lines with that one. Sometimes saying nothing is worse.

However I looked at her early comments from that video. A couple called her out on the privilege she sits on by not needing to have an opinion about topics/issues that are so crucial for others... she acknowledged the comments/responded to them - then the next day everything was deleted. The only comments that remain are the ones praising her.

Another person commented about her past affiliation with Hillsong church, and politely asked if she supports the LGBT+ community - comment deleted.

She did respond to another non-church callout comment asking if she supports LGBT+ rights, she did respond to that one:
"Hey I totally understand. My beliefs about LGBTQ+ boil down to two points that I firmly believe
1. God loves absolutely all of us
2. It is my job to love EVERY one of my neighbors "

Umm.. a non-answer if I've ever heard one.

She's starting to talk about Jesus more in her content. These questions/issues are going to increase in frequency, and she needs a thicker skin.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Surprised that she has such a thin skin since she has been going to auditions for years. Feel like she'd have built up resilience to manage rejection / critiques since she is literally putting herself in front of others to be judged.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

We’ll I think she keeps saying she does have thick skin but I don’t think she does. Kind of like how she is really good with money but has redone her furniture like three times in two years?

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Oh that's a good point. I Remember back in March/april when she was talking about money being a bit tight due to Brook's job but then would show a weekly $200 food haul

Mrsblondback
Learner
Learner

Post by Mrsblondback »

laurenthegumdrop wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 pm
We’ll I think she keeps saying she does have thick skin but I don’t think she does. Kind of like how she is really good with money but has redone her furniture like three times in two years?
Yep, this girl's world revolves around money, fame and image......no matter how she tries to spin it to her "fraaans" .

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah, it’s so interesting because on the one hand I do think she’s nice person and I am drawn to watch some of her videos (mostly thrifting ones and something vlogs) but I just kind of think she does kind of spin things in a way to make them sound good. Like there’s no reason she needs to be doing this many unboxings and sponsorships.

I didn’t watch the fertility video because I’m interested in trying it out. I found it so hilarious (no offense) that she thought it was “controversial” to be a 23 year old married woman who doesn’t want kids until her late 20s. IMO that is legit the least thing from controversial and is just smart? She kept saying how she wants to talk about taboo topics...that ain’t it lol. To me it really shows Howe religious she’s truly is which isn’t bad but she does try to act like one of those “modern progressive religious types” and I think she might not be.

Does anyone know how long her and brook dated beforehand marriage? Idk why I just have felt like they haven the seemed that happy in vlogs. Maybe it’s her health, the world, or brook not being comfortable?

Return to “Michel Janse”