Carrie Day-Drinks & Drives-a-Ton: Part 3

kalca1
Learner
Learner

Re: Carrie Day-Drinks & Drives-a-Ton: Part 3

Post by kalca1 »

I just started watching Carrie and saw this video from 2018 where she tries on different items of clothing in 3-4 sizes. She's actually aware of things being too small and when things fit properly. I think now when she tries on her size 16 jeans, they fit like the 8s do in this video, where she says it's ridiculous to wear clothes that don't have room or don't zip up properly: https://yewtu.be/watch?v=AVNY8_W6rjc

Also ... has anyone talked about how her great great grandfather created Dayton's which became Target?? I wonder if she gets a Wild Fable sponsorship at all.
Dayton's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton%27s

Her grandfather's brothers ended up making it a huge success. Her own grandfather was the black sheep of the family and didn't go into the family business: https://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/12307956/. In her "Shunned from family Christmas party" video, she talks about that wealthy side of her family and sounds pretty salty. https://yewtu.be/watch?v=1Ywm4xheK5Y

le-sigh
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by le-sigh »

1. new vlog: mentions how her mom came over for movies (and in previous vlogs mentioned how they would all just go out grocery shopping even though they typically get it delivered, but did it for her mental health) and then literally two sentences later is blasting people who went to brunch. coronavirus doesn't like... just show up at brunch. it's also at the store, which you didn't need to go to and went to for fun and mental health. I just can't with the hypocrisy anymore. When she does it it's for mental health, but when others do it it's because they're selfish.

2. your comment @kalca1: love that this girl's family literally profits off slave labor and hasn't called them out once for that, but every other brand is the problem. but she's "so honored" to get to work with Wild Fable. Give me a break. https://www.ufcw.org/press-releases/tar ... -decision/ This is about anti-union organizing, which Carrie's literally boycotted brands over, but like it's fine when her cousins do it apparently. This is on top of the conditions that their factory workers face overseas. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lfare.html

Perhaps she should start looking a bit closer to home when it comes to pointing out inequalities in society and actually putting her money where her mouth is. just a thought.

ThisIsMeCeej
Talker
Talker

Post by ThisIsMeCeej »

So, do you think Carrie is bi.. or she just trying to be more relatable, because she lost some followers? And if she is bi, wtf does she even have to say anything for? She's in a relationship.. in some states they would consider them common law husband and wife. If she's trying to "rebrand" herself, she could... idk, maybe try using that exercise bike daily... and stop eating so much crappy food all the time... no reason to eat in the bathtub! Or she could go to a doctor and see if everything is fine hormone wise... since she's got a lot of weight in her belly area. And then maybe get a health coach to get her on track. That would be something people would tune in for. I really hope she's not lying about being bi, for views.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 am
So, do you think Carrie is bi.. or she just trying to be more relatable, because she lost some followers? And if she is bi, wtf does she even have to say anything for? She's in a relationship.. in some states they would consider them common law husband and wife. I really hope she's not lying about being bi, for views.
I have to admit, I was confused by that video. And at the end when she says there will be "more gay content." WTF is gay content? What is going to change in her life or channel now that she "came out"? I am not part of the LGBTQ community, so maybe I am misinformed or ignorant, but this was truly confusing to me.

kalca1
Learner
Learner

Post by kalca1 »

whydoicare67 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 am
ThisIsMeCeej wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 am
So, do you think Carrie is bi.. or she just trying to be more relatable, because she lost some followers? And if she is bi, wtf does she even have to say anything for? She's in a relationship.. in some states they would consider them common law husband and wife. I really hope she's not lying about being bi, for views.
I have to admit, I was confused by that video. And at the end when she says there will be "more gay content." WTF is gay content? What is going to change in her life or channel now that she "came out"? I am not part of the LGBTQ community, so maybe I am misinformed or ignorant, but this was truly confusing to me.
Her video was a huge non-statement.
She kissed a girl when she was 6 - so she's bi!
She likes Instagram accounts of people who are trans ... so she's pansexual!

She said she wasn't even out to her parents yet ... about what? She's a 33 year old atheist, not a 12 year old evangelical christian. It seems like she has never and will never actually date a woman.

It's nice that she can recognize you can be attracted to other people regardless of gender. But the follow up to that is, "Yes, and...?"

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

re: her being bi -- am i making this up or didn't someone say that she legit dated a girl in the past but basically hid all of her pics and stuff with the girl so no one would find out? i swear this was carrie that i'm thinking about..

on to her newest abercrombie video - i just CANNOT deal with her anymore. why does she keep insisting she's a 16 yet can't fit into any size 16 pants. she STRUGGLED hard to put that last pair on then said it had room left in the waist and wasn't too tight to sit down in..?? oookay, carrie. keep being delusional.

i'd rather have seen her come out as plus size than bisexual tbh.

ThisIsMeCeej
Talker
Talker

Post by ThisIsMeCeej »

letmetellyou wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:46 pm
re: her being bi -- am i making this up or didn't someone say that she legit dated a girl in the past but basically hid all of her pics and stuff with the girl so no one would find out? i swear this was carrie that i'm thinking about..

on to her newest abercrombie video - i just CANNOT deal with her anymore. why does she keep insisting she's a 16 yet can't fit into any size 16 pants. she STRUGGLED hard to put that last pair on then said it had room left in the waist and wasn't too tight to sit down in..?? oookay, carrie. keep being delusional.

i'd rather have seen her come out as plus size than bisexual tbh.
:rofl: :tu: I am literally dying at that last comment!

I would honestly rather her lie, and switch the pants/jeans when she goes to try them on, to an 18 or whatever fits... than to catch glimpses of her granny panties as she struggles to get those pants/jeans on.

And I am not sure about her dating a girl, never heard that myself.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”

littlejxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlejxo »

le-sigh wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 pm
1. new vlog: mentions how her mom came over for movies (and in previous vlogs mentioned how they would all just go out grocery shopping even though they typically get it delivered, but did it for her mental health) and then literally two sentences later is blasting people who went to brunch. coronavirus doesn't like... just show up at brunch. it's also at the store, which you didn't need to go to and went to for fun and mental health. I just can't with the hypocrisy anymore. When she does it it's for mental health, but when others do it it's because they're selfish.

2. your comment @kalca1: love that this girl's family literally profits off slave labor and hasn't called them out once for that, but every other brand is the problem. but she's "so honored" to get to work with Wild Fable. Give me a break. https://www.ufcw.org/press-releases/tar ... -decision/ This is about anti-union organizing, which Carrie's literally boycotted brands over, but like it's fine when her cousins do it apparently. This is on top of the conditions that their factory workers face overseas. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lfare.html

Perhaps she should start looking a bit closer to home when it comes to pointing out inequalities in society and actually putting her money where her mouth is. just a thought.
Yeah not to get political but I've noticed a lot of the left doing the same thing. Absolutely crucifying someone for seeing a friend and then in the same breath talking about how they just went to see a family member lmao. Just the other day I was talking with someone who was appalled that a kid she knew had a sleep over with another kid bc of Corona, and just days prior she was literally telling me about how her parents have been over every day helping her take care of her kids. Liiiiiike..... Corona doesn't pick and choose y'all. :rofl:

le-sigh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by le-sigh »

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad if her message were a neutral one about just trying to do your best, but you can't go on a moral crusade if you do those exact things, sorry. A podcast host of a podcast I used to listen to did this but even worse-- she was BLASTING anyone who saw their family for Thanksgiving, but her co-host is literally dating around and she was like "but I know you're doing it safely, we've talked about this." Dude. This wasn't Carrie obviously, but it's just... becoming increasingly common to see people who view themselves as Corona Safe and others as Corona Dangers without literally any discernible difference in their behavior whatsoever.

Regarding the bi thing (I deleted my earlier comment due to a factual error): I don't think the issues with the video are Carrie issues. I think they're societal issues. I worry about LGBTQ people having to come out before they can just, share merch that says gay on it. I also worry about public figures who are LGBTQ feeling like they always have to be representation, because of this culture of gay icons, bi icons, etc. But this isn't a Carrie problem. This was started long before Carrie and will continue long after Carrie. But Carrie, a bi person, making a video about being a bi person? Not fair to put this kind of blame on her, when she's under the same pressures I just mentioned. Like I'm all for putting her on blast when she needs to be (esp. regarding hypocrisy over coronavirus, the types of racism she thinks are unacceptable vs the ones she condones, etc.) but I didn't take any issue with this.

Wasn't a huge fan of the biphobic pan stuff at the 6:20 mark, but again, that's not a Carrie issue. Some members of the pan community just love telling everybody how they're so much better than bi people. "Hearts not parts" sounds super cute if you're in the hearts group, but it's pretty demeaning to the people who you say are just into parts. It's also not true, if you ask bi people about their experiences. And then there's the whole "pan people like nonbinary people" thing, which literally isn't true considering that the bisexual manifesto from decades ago literally says bi people like everyone. I don't think every pan person is biphobic, but the definitions used to separate pansexuality off from bisexuality are all biphobic. Haven't found one that isn't. Again, that is not Carrie's fault, as this is more of a societal issue, but if she reads here just... be aware my dude.

littlejxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlejxo »

I just personally don't understand the need to make an entire announcement being like "I'm bi!" but that's just me. Every time I'm like ok... and......? Why should I even care.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

click bait. that's what it is.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

Idk if it's just me being cheap, but I think those thredup prices are insane. Paying $4 less than retail price for used clothes is not a good deal. And $46 for used jeans, wtf I rarely pay that much even of new jeans.

//And $18 dollars for used t-shirt, wow this really is thrift shopping for rich people.

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

So her new video titled: how I'm feeling after coming out

she serious?

Reminds me of jennifer hough came out as Bi after she got married.

littlejxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlejxo »

PisaLisa wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm
So her new video titled: how I'm feeling after coming out

she serious?

Reminds me of jennifer hough came out as Bi after she got married.
Yeah we're never gonna hear the end of this lmao.. she's gonna keep milking it apparently. :roll:

barrol o monkeys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by barrol o monkeys »

This chick had far too many "self care" days! Girl, what is it that you do?! You sit your ass at home all day doing nothing much bitching and shopping. What self care do you need?! Are you out there on the front line being an essential working during the pandemic? Not even close. Sit your ass back down and go back to shopping. Stop acting like your under so much stress when there are so many other people doing REAL work out there, and making sure your lazy ass can continue to do nothing all day. My god!

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

So Carrie said something about volunteering in order to get a vaccination? I'm just surprised she hasn't gotten one yet. From what I understand, they are classifying obesity as a severe underlying condition for Covid. She should definitely be able to get an appointment.

le-sigh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by le-sigh »

whydoicare67 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:38 pm
So Carrie said something about volunteering in order to get a vaccination?
Wait what do you mean by this? Do you mean she put herself on a list to get a vaccine when one opens up, or do you mean she's considering volunteering to like... help people in need but only for the purpose of helping herself get a vaccine. Because the first one is very understandable, but the second one is pretty gross. I'm not the best with tone in writing, my apologies.

le-sigh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by le-sigh »

Sorry for the double post, but her newest vlog says it at the approximately 5:30 mark and OH MY GOSH. Ma'am. Ma'am. You do not volunteer to help people in need to get something for yourself, are you KIDDING ME.

Like how tone deaf can you possibly get? This chick never mentions volunteering otherwise but when it's to help HER she's gotta look into it.

kalca1
Learner
Learner

Post by kalca1 »

le-sigh wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Sorry for the double post, but her newest vlog says it at the approximately 5:30 mark and OH MY GOSH. Ma'am. Ma'am. You do not volunteer to help people in need to get something for yourself, are you KIDDING ME.

Like how tone deaf can you possibly get? This chick never mentions volunteering otherwise but when it's to help HER she's gotta look into it.
Yes, she wanted to volunteer so that if there were extra vaccines that day, she could get one. I guess the vaccines that are unused spoil and go in the trash: https://www.propublica.org/article/covi ... ne-wastage
I don't really mind this, since these vaccines would go to waste otherwise. It's a selfish incentive to do a good deed.

I actually thought Carrie was better this video than others. She actually ate a salad and said she's trying to be healthier. The sad part is that she kept apologizing for eating healthy food. The body positive movement is really militant and sometimes seems to promote general unhealthiness as opposed to good mental health.

le-sigh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by le-sigh »

I think the program itself is good, but Carrie's explanation I guess is what threw me off? Like it definitely sounded like she only signed up to volunteer because she might get a vaccine at the end, which... no you should volunteer to help people. I hope volunteers DO get the extra doses but that should not be your motive to go help others

Like if there was a headline that was like "program gives volunteers surprise vaccines to all who want them!" or something I'd be fully supportive, if that makes sense

Return to “Carrie Dayton”