Angelika Oles

Post Reply
User avatar
Rosie34567
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:15 pm
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 2821 times

Angelika Oles

Post by Rosie34567 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:32 pm

I thought it was only fitting that she has her own GG thread, since her whole channel is about trashing youtubers ;)

Also LOL at her comment in her Jeffree Star Lipgloss vid she posted today, when she said "People just love to hate on other people. Is this what the world is coming to?" Yeah, mhmm, sure Angelika. As if you and your channel are exempt from that... you literally make money off of trashing people/riding on the coattails of other youtubers' fame and drama.

Literally her:
Image

lynyi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by lynyi » Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Rosie34567 wrote:I thought it was only fitting that she has her own GG thread, since her whole channel is about trashing youtubers ;)

Also LOL at her comment in her Jeffree Star Lipgloss vid she posted today, when she said "People just love to hate on other people. Is this what the world is coming to?" Yeah, mhmm, sure Angelika. As if you and your channel are exempt from that... you literally make money off of trashing people/riding on the coattails of other youtubers' fame and drama.

Literally her:
Image
I have never vibed with her

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk


User avatar
Nataliya
Informer
Informer
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 am
Location: California
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Nataliya » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:51 am

It’s funny cause she keeps reiterating that she “isn’t a commentary channel,” but I used to be subbed to her and Alex (ImAlexx) and every time Alex released a vid, the next day, without fail, Angelika’s newest video would be about the exact same topic. I unsubbed cause it started to feel like she would watch Alex’s vid, check for any new developments, and rehash what he said. That’s why I don’t get why she pretends to be above other commentators, when in reality, she is just like them. Throwing in a makeup tutorial and constantly reminding viewers that she’s studying law doesn’t make her any better.

User avatar
birdsong
Informer
Informer
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:25 am
Location: San Diego, California
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by birdsong » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:15 pm

never heard of her before, randomly came across this thread. her J* lip gloss video is the first video i've watched. damn, people can't have an opinion nowadays? why can't people think his lip glosses don't look good? i don't love or hate him and i agree with everyone, especially the 90s looking icy white one. consensus does not equal hate. where there's smoke there's fire. if a bunch of people don't think the glosses look good it's probably because they don't. is she on J*'s payroll too? she has no room to talk about people complaining/hating for nothing either, looking at her video titles she comes across a drama channel..

User avatar
Rosie34567
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:15 pm
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 2821 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Rosie34567 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:37 pm

Nataliya wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:51 am
Throwing in a makeup tutorial and constantly reminding viewers that she’s studying law doesn’t make her any better.
LOL, she's studying law?? Well, that's just straight up irresponsible and unprofessional for her to have a channel like this. This is not going to be a good look for her when future clients/potential employers google her. Also how ironic would it be for her to be sued by one of these youtubers for defamation of character? :rofl:

User avatar
Nataliya
Informer
Informer
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 am
Location: California
Has thanked: 289 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Nataliya » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Rosie34567 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:37 pm
Nataliya wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:51 am
Throwing in a makeup tutorial and constantly reminding viewers that she’s studying law doesn’t make her any better.
LOL, she's studying law?? Well, that's just straight up irresponsible and unprofessional for her to have a channel like this. This is not going to be a good look for her when future clients/potential employers google her. Also how ironic would it be for her to be sued by one of these youtubers for defamation of character? :rofl:
Lol yeah. I don’t know what she’s thinking, cause employers and potential clients always do research before investing in something expensive, like a lawyer. Personally, if I found her channel, there’s no way in hell I would go “yeah, let’s give this girl a chance to defend me in court.” My money’s on her “taking a break from school” once her channel hits 1 mil.

User avatar
Rosie34567
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:15 pm
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 2821 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Rosie34567 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:32 pm

She always starts out a video being like "I thought I wasn't going to make another video on {insert topic here], but I had to"... as if she has to make these vids or it's a an annoying chore for her... I think she does that to seem like she doesn't love the drama, and deflect from the fact that each vid is her next pay check. As if she's just being so selfless/doing us a favor by simply relaying the "information" to us :roll: Hun, we know you love this drama and that each scandal is a new paycheck to you. Don't even front like you're trying educate people on topics, without any personal gain (or whatever she tells herself to be able to sleep at night). You're not a news station or journalist :rofl:

User avatar
Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:21 am
Has thanked: 301 times
Been thanked: 1641 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Raven_nevermore » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:30 pm

I hate the way she handled the James and Tati drama. How old is she? Sometimes I swesr she is 15 and others maybe 23? I have no clue. She is a brat for real just very above it all. She is really beautiful though :(
Image

User avatar
Rosie34567
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:15 pm
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 2821 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Rosie34567 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 am

Yeah, I really disliked how she said Tati and Jefree Star lied to us. She sounds like a Trump supporter like "Give us proof someone was sexually harassed/assaulted, or it didn't happen!!" Ummm, generally, if two people (who have A LOT to lose) publicly call someone in a position of power out for being a sex offender....it's probably true, and they 99.9% of the time aren't lying. Especially if it's someone like Tati saying it. You would think Angelika, being a woman and all, would understand this during in the #metoo generation :roll:

Also, fun fact: less than 20% of sexual harassment, assault, and rape cases even get reported because of the incredible courage it takes, especially after experiencing a trauma. Also witnesses, aka Tati and Jefree, definitely count as "evidence" (in court!) in circumstances like these, since even in straight up rape cases there often is not any viable physical evidence. And, there are actual legit legal reasons why Tati and Jefree might not want to release more "proof", as it can alter a trial (if James goes to trial, which might happen, since Tati alluded to him being in "serious trouble" ). Man, Angelika is going to be a shit lawyer if she doesn't understand that....

Let's hope no one victim-blames her if, god forbid, she ever gets assaulted or harassed.

User avatar
BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by BDuB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 am

she only got clout from zoella, now thats gone she's always after the next drama... but shes not a drama channel lol

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:12 pm

It's funny how she pirated the entire article about the vitamins without even a link, in the same monetized video where she calls out James Charles for not crediting a look.
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 am

follow up: JC did credit.
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 pm



"falsely taken down" lmao. No actually what happened was the correct use of copystrike. It wasn't to silence someone from commenting on the work. You didn't comment on it. It was because you're profiting off of someone else's work to the detriment of the original author. When author contacted you, you ignored it. When other people called you out, you ignored it. What did you say in the same video about someone else not giving proper credit, even though, it turns out, they did?
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

Online
User avatar
WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 4635 times
Been thanked: 8534 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by WORDSALAD » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Hiya jozu here to nose. This woman sounds like a complete fucktard. Really all I have to say.
But hey, least she might finally be noticing Twati is a liar. That's something at least.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 pm

She's trying to spin it to her followers, now that the video is down, that it was fair use, nobody contacted her, and/or the article itself was misinformed.

I saw her video. She began by talking about Tati's new Brain vitamins, and said she felt skeptical of it but since she didn't know much about vitamins, here's an article she found. She prefaced posting the entire article by "you guys can pause the video and read it." No verbal credit, no caption credit, nothing in the description. The video was monetized and got close to or over 100k views.

In the comments of the video, something like 5~10% of the comments were calling her out on not pirating an article for profit in the same video where she (erroneously, it seems) criticized James Charles for stealing a look. In the twitter comments under her video link, fully 20% of the comments criticized her piracy, as of last night.

So she's known about the issue since the beginning. Katie Joy's video on the copystrike explicitly says she tried contacting her, but didn't get a response, and that all Katie asked for is proper credit to retract the copystrike.

She's working towards a law degree. She knows enough about copyright issues to say about James Charles in the video that at some point it's too late to credit because the damage would already have been done, he would have gotten massive views and profit and publicity without the original author properly credited and paid for their labor. But not self-aware enough to see it when she does it herself.
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

User avatar
moodyandmean
Learner
Learner
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm
Has thanked: 2457 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by moodyandmean » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:02 pm

jozu wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 pm
She's trying to spin it to her followers, now that the video is down, that it was fair use, nobody contacted her, and/or the article itself was misinformed.

I saw her video. She began by talking about Tati's new Brain vitamins, and said she felt skeptical of it but since she didn't know much about vitamins, here's an article she found. She prefaced posting the entire article by "you guys can pause the video and read it." No verbal credit, no caption credit, nothing in the description. The video was monetized and got close to or over 100k views.

In the comments of the video, something like 5~10% of the comments were calling her out on not pirating an article for profit in the same video where she (erroneously, it seems) criticized James Charles for stealing a look. In the twitter comments under her video link, fully 20% of the comments criticized her piracy, as of last night.

So she's known about the issue since the beginning. Katie Joy's video on the copystrike explicitly says she tried contacting her, but didn't get a response, and that all Katie asked for is proper credit to retract the copystrike.

She's working towards a law degree. She knows enough about copyright issues to say about James Charles in the video that at some point it's too late to credit because the damage would already have been done, he would have gotten massive views and profit and publicity without the original author properly credited and paid for their labor. But not self-aware enough to see it when she does it herself.
I love how her stans think, "OMG WHO IS THIS WOMAN??? NO ONE. SHE'S IRRELEVANT!!" is a good enough reason to not give Katie credit? Like no, that's the exact reason she needs credit? Her work needs to be discovered and properly credited so she and her article aren't irrelevant. Is putting a fucking link in a video description that hard? Not that I expect much from lazy ass boring ass Angelika Oles
im almost, like, a detective 🕵️‍♀️😳

Online
User avatar
WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 4635 times
Been thanked: 8534 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by WORDSALAD » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm

^^^^ omi god, she needs to credit Katie or delete the video because she is DEFINITELY not getting a job in law if any potential employers watch it 😂😂
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Don't know about UK law, but in the US, what she did is pretty over the line:

https://cmsimpact.org/code/code-best-pr ... ine-video/

"To the extent possible and appropriate, illustrative quotations should be drawn from a range of different sources; and each quotation (however many may be employed to create an overall pattern of illustrations) should be no longer than is necessary to achieve the intended effect. Properly attributing material, whether in the body of the text, in credits, or in associated material will often reduce the likelihood of complaints or legal action and may bolster a maker’s fair use claim."

US Law on how to weigh fair use:

https://copyright.columbia.edu/basics/fair-use.html
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

meebee
Informer
Informer
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1234 times
Been thanked: 1007 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by meebee » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 pm

jozu wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 am
follow up: JC did credit.
Yep he absolutely did. I remember making a note of it when he first credited on Instagram because I knew that’s something he’d been criticized for in the past. And he did again in the video. Right at the beginning.
Image

User avatar
Poldl
Talker
Talker
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 723 times
Been thanked: 801 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Poldl » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:47 pm

I didn't knew who this bitch was before she was mentioned on the Tati thread, the sycophants replying to her tweet about Katie makes me want to vomit. "She's irrelevant" "All I'm wondering is who she is" like what the fuck? Why does it matter if you know who Katie is or not? Your fave uploaded a video made entirely out of the material from her article while purposely omitting the creator and website's names. How can these idiots defend this? I wonder why I even keep up with these dramas because the stupidity angers me beyond belief.Besides, your fave is a 19 year old girl with 300k subscribers on youtube, I could easily ask you the same question: who is she and how is she relevant?

Unrelated, but her shitty makeup with her bronzed face and pale jaw makes her look like one of the thundercats lol

Image
Last edited by Poldl on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WOACrystalball
Learner
Learner
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by WOACrystalball » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 pm

She's stealing not only from me but my publisher. That's not ok

User avatar
moodyandmean
Learner
Learner
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm
Has thanked: 2457 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by moodyandmean » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Poldl wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:47 pm
I didn't knew who this bitch was before she was mentioned on the Tati thread, the sycophants replying to her tweet about Katie makes me want to vomit. "She's irrelevant" "All I'm wondering is who she is" like what the fuck? Why does it matter if you know who Katie is or not? Your fave uploaded a video made entirely out of the material from her article while purposely omitting the creator and website's names. How can these idiots defend this? I wonder why I even keep up with these dramas because the stupidity angers me beyond belief.Besides, your fave is a 19 year old girl with 300k subscribers on youtube, I could easily ask you the same question: who is she and how is she relevant?

Unrelated, but her shitty makeup with her bronzed face and pale jaw makes her look like one of the thundercats lol

Image
Unfortunately, this is Gen Z on the internet. Facts don't matter, morals don't matter, clout is the only thing that matters. I say this as a Gen Z kid. There are plenty of Gen Z'ers with good heads on their shoulders, of course, but we tend to stay out of this new fun "stan" culture that's come out of the internet.
im almost, like, a detective 🕵️‍♀️😳

User avatar
Peppa Schmint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:25 am
Has thanked: 2377 times
Been thanked: 2727 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by Peppa Schmint » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Poldl wrote:I didn't knew who this bitch was before she was mentioned on the Tati thread, the sycophants replying to her tweet about Katie makes me want to vomit. "She's irrelevant" "All I'm wondering is who she is" like what the fuck? Why does it matter if you know who Katie is or not? Your fave uploaded a video made entirely out of the material from her article while purposely omitting the creator and website's names. How can these idiots defend this? I wonder why I even keep up with these dramas because the stupidity angers me beyond belief.Besides, your fave is a 19 year old girl with 300k subscribers on youtube, I could easily ask you the same question: who is she and how is she relevant?

Unrelated, but her shitty makeup with her bronzed face and pale jaw makes her look like one of the thundercats lol

Image
Lmaoooo her makeup really does look like that. Girl’s bronzer is Tati level orange

Angelina Stoles is a lazy ass you tuber. She does watch other videos first then steals from them too. I noticed her videos are always the last to go up cuz she needs to lift receipts from other channels. She says she makes videos but she doesn’t give a shit guyssss cuz she’s doing it for $$$$ only. And her videos reflect it.

Must be nice to be able to steal content and gains 100s of thousands of subs just cuz you’re blonde and cute. No wonder she feels entitled to steal Katie’s articles. She steals from GG too allegedly

Also lol at her stans on twitter saying “You should sue!” Lmao wtf? I swear people think suing how you attack someone for doing something you don’t like. The stupidity is mind boggling


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:40 pm

heh, tea spill is in the twitter replies
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

jozu
Informer
Informer
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Has thanked: 396 times
Been thanked: 1042 times

Re: Angelika Oles

Post by jozu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 pm



Timestamped where the copystrike issue is discussed
Tat-clyn Shillbrook - too good to prove it but not too good to spread it.

Post Reply

Return to “A-M”