bestdressed

bestdressed

Post by Guest »

couldn’t find a thread for ashley / bestdressed so here it is. girl just hit 1 mil and good for her tbh, i like her content and love that she talks about womens issues and sex and other stuff most zoella-cookie-cutters would never even dare whisper about lol

combatbootprincess
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: bestdressed

Post by combatbootprincess »

I love Ashley! I think her lookbooks and fashion videos are really well made and I do genuinely like her sense of style but her relationship annoys me. Like I'm sure they're happy and David is her first love but him and their sex life aren't really high on my list of things I want to hear about lol. Other than that I've been following her since 50k and I'm really proud to see her succeed I think she deserves it!

MissDelaney27
Talker
Talker

Post by MissDelaney27 »

Ashley has very quickly become my favourite youtuber! Her videos are amazing and I love her sense of fashion. I'm not even into fashion myself, but she makes me want to change up my whole style and experiment.

I do think she should maybe chill a bit and focus a little bit more on her studies, for her last few months of uni. She's been skipping classes to be able to upload videos on time and I feel like she's doing a little bit too much at the moment? I mean, I love that she uploads regularly, but I'm kind of worried that it'll take it's toll sooner or later.

Sassafras
Learner
Learner

Post by Sassafras »

I love Ashley, I think her videos are really unique and well edited, but it low key annoys me when she says that spending $90 on cereal or $200 on a dress from reformation is expensive to her. The girl is making easily upwards of 25K per month if you average out her socialblade stats, before you take into account her affiliate earnings and ads/collabs.
That being said, I always look forward to her uploads on thursdays as she’s one of the more “relateable” YTers and she talks about women’s issues in an open way.

bluelemonwater
Talker
Talker

Post by bluelemonwater »

i like some of ashley's content! but not all of it. i am interested in what direction she's gonna take her content and just in general interested in evolution of her personality

ilychee
Debater
Debater

Post by ilychee »

I discovered her about a month ago, LOVE how honest she is! That sex video wow.

I don't really watch her for fashion, but pop in a video every now and then for her personality. She's really refreshing.

Still think her bf looks gay LOL.

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

I subscribed after watching her room renovation video because she seemed funny and sweet but I’ve yet to watch any of her other videos! I just don’t have the patience to sit through a 20 minute video on a random topic if I don’t already love the person. I’ll just have to wait until one of her videos peaks my interest.

DapperDisco
Informer
Informer

Post by DapperDisco »

I'm a new viewer so I have yet to catch up on everything - does anyone know the deal with her parents not knowing about her channel or the fact that she's full on moved to a new apartment and is living alone?

hropkey
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hropkey »

DapperDisco wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:53 pm
I'm a new viewer so I have yet to catch up on everything - does anyone know the deal with her parents not knowing about her channel or the fact that she's full on moved to a new apartment and is living alone?
That is the entire deal, lol. I have no idea how she’s kept it a secret for so long.

I am super impressed at Ashley’s work ethic. I can’t believe she’s graduating so early.

MissDelaney27
Talker
Talker

Post by MissDelaney27 »

DapperDisco wrote:
I think her relationship with her parents isn't very good. She went to visit her family for Christmas (I believe they live in Maryland but I could be wrong) and on Insta stories she mentioned something about reverting back to her high school self when she's with them and hating it. I don't really know why their relationship is troubled, but then again, I don't think that's any of my business tbh.

She used to live in a shared apartment but she then moved. I guess she makes enough money to afford it, so good on her for going for it!

DaisyVee
Learner
Learner

Post by DaisyVee »

MissDelaney27 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 pm
DapperDisco wrote:
I think her relationship with her parents isn't very good. She went to visit her family for Christmas (I believe they live in Maryland but I could be wrong) and on Insta stories she mentioned something about reverting back to her high school self when she's with them and hating it. I don't really know why their relationship is troubled, but then again, I don't think that's any of my business tbh.

She used to live in a shared apartment but she then moved. I guess she makes enough money to afford it, so good on her for going for it!
She mentioned in her assumptions about me video that her older sister has been battling a severe eating disorder for many years and is currently in the hospital for it. I imagine that has taken a toll on the overall family dynamic. Even if she loves her family, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of resentment/tension there. But yeah, it's really not our business, I just wanted to mention it because she DID mention it in a video.

Although, I am curious as to why it's taken so long to mention her Youtube channel. I mean, to each their own, but I'm just surprised she's gone this long without anyone wondering how she affords things, like moving out on her own with no roommates.

Anyway, I'm really loving her channel. Her videos are unique and refreshing. I also like the way she portrays living in LA if that makes sense lol. I mean, I know going to soul cycle and juicing and living in a 5000 dollar a month apartment in Santa Monica are LA stereotypes for a reason, but her lifestyle is so much more authentically LA to me, idk why. Maybe because I went to UCLA too? Or maybe because she doesn't show herself shopping at the Grove in every vlog lol? But overall she seems very authentic and I hope she stays that way!

MissDelaney27
Talker
Talker

Post by MissDelaney27 »

DaisyVee wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:11 pm
MissDelaney27 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 pm
DapperDisco wrote:

She mentioned in her assumptions about me video that her older sister has been battling a severe eating disorder for many years and is currently in the hospital for it. I imagine that has taken a toll on the overall family dynamic. Even if she loves her family, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of resentment/tension there. But yeah, it's really not our business, I just wanted to mention it because she DID mention it in a video.

Although, I am curious as to why it's taken so long to mention her Youtube channel. I mean, to each their own, but I'm just surprised she's gone this long without anyone wondering how she affords things, like moving out on her own with no roommates.

Anyway, I'm really loving her channel. Her videos are unique and refreshing. I also like the way she portrays living in LA if that makes sense lol. I mean, I know going to soul cycle and juicing and living in a 5000 dollar a month apartment in Santa Monica are LA stereotypes for a reason, but her lifestyle is so much more authentically LA to me, idk why. Maybe because I went to UCLA too? Or maybe because she doesn't show herself shopping at the Grove in every vlog lol? But overall she seems very authentic and I hope she stays that way!
Oh yes, I forgot about the assumptions video. I think it was very brave of her to open up the way she did. I really respect her for that.

And you're right about her way of portraying living in LA feeling a lot more authentic! Like, the fact that she only had a corner of a room to sleep and work in, that's something I never would have guessed, so I was surprised but also happy that she shared that with her viewers. And I'm also glad she told us about how much rent is in LA. I live in Europe and I didn't have the slightest idea of renting prices. She's just so real, it's refreshing.

malloryxo
Talker
Talker

Post by malloryxo »

I looove her. I think she is incredibly real and I get a lot of inspiration from the outfits she puts together.
I also couldn't believe how much work she did in her last week of college video, it made me feel lazy lol.

jaelyss
Talker
Talker

Post by jaelyss »

I'm new to her as well. She has a great sense of humor and I like the effort she puts in her videos especially her style ones. She's younger and skinnier so I can't take all her tips, but she really thinks it through. Also she's really genuine. I don't think she's making that much money off YT yet. She mentioned in the apt search video that she has only been YT as a job for three months. I would still be like her and hesistant to start spending a lot of this new money. It's good she's refocussed it to rent and living expenses in LA which is not cheap.

I hope she tells her parents. I think it's just become an ongoing joke in the videos now. She does seem to love them a lot though. her "what I got for christmas video" was so down to earth and sweet.

bluelemonwater
Talker
Talker

Post by bluelemonwater »

is style of making her videos together (the overall style) is very common among youtubers? (here i don't mean big big youtubers but just about to hit a million or have like 100k subscribers)

RoseByAnyOther
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RoseByAnyOther »

Been waiting for an Ashley thread! I frequently watch her videos but she annoys me. I truly think she tries too hard to be relatable and is the epitome of r/ihavesex. We get it...
I can't remember if it was on Instagram or in one of her videos, but I appreciate that she acknowledged that she hasn't truly found her "style" yet because she only subscribes to trends.
As someone who lives in LA, I find it interesting that she has more negative things to say about it than positive. Ex: people's personalities, weather, etc. I'm not gonna pretend like LA doesn't have downsides or quirks, but her complaining irks me.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

I like her and fund her entertaining but wish she'd try a little less hard. We all have sex fam. Calm down.
Non.

younoob
Talker
Talker

Post by younoob »

I really love Ashley, she's become one of my favourite YouTubers. Girl hustles hard. I like how she mentioned that she repairs clothes and doesn't throw things away when they break and how that's more sustainable but I wish she addressed ethically made clothes and was more aware and educated her platform about how the fast fashion industry is unsustainable as a whole instead of continuing to support fast fashion even if she doesn't cycle throigh clothes as fast as other YouTubers do. I really love how she thrifts and alters or up cycles clothes though which is pretty cool. Also I'm super stoked she's gained so many subscribers. I think she's almost at 1.3 million when 2 weeks ago now she hit a million? Super stoked for her.

Backstreet51
Learner
Learner

Post by Backstreet51 »

RoseByAnyOther wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 pm
Been waiting for an Ashley thread! I frequently watch her videos but she annoys me. I truly think she tries too hard to be relatable and is the epitome of r/ihavesex. We get it...
I can't remember if it was on Instagram or in one of her videos, but I appreciate that she acknowledged that she hasn't truly found her "style" yet because she only subscribes to trends.
As someone who lives in LA, I find it interesting that she has more negative things to say about it than positive. Ex: people's personalities, weather, etc. I'm not gonna pretend like LA doesn't have downsides or quirks, but her complaining irks me.
I came here to say the same thing about how I feel like she tries too hard. It's OTT. I know she's young and you feel that way about sex in the beginning (hell I know I was always trying to subtly brag) but now that I'm older it's SO cringy. The sex thing gets too much, idk she annoys me too much to get into her.

I like how she sometimes puts an original spin on her content, but for the most part it's nothing new. Things like "How to put together an outfit 101" ...as if that hasn't been done a million times on youtube? Surely she could use her creativity to do different things.

jelly-slug
Talker
Talker

bestdressed

Post by jelly-slug »

I really like Ashley’s channel but I think she’s clearly going through a rough patch lately based on her recent videos.

She’s turning 21 this year and is a college grad but she’s collaborating with these 17/18 year old youtubers (Avery Ovard and Haley Pham) who just seem really immature since I mean they’re in high school lol.

Also, I don’t get why she’s trying to say that Jenn Im is her style icon and posting Instagram videos with Jen’s clothing line tagged. Seems a little like sucking up to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “A-E”