Joana Ceddia

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
tmuse
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joana Ceddia

Post by tmuse »

Have you guys noticed her comment "It's not fun to gain weight obviously, I hate walking and having my thighs rub together." in her latest video
I understand that she as a person that carefully measured each meal and worked out everyday, is mad or sad that gained weight on top of every awful issue currently going on in her life but expressing her opinion this way felt very off. I feel bad for her.
What do you guys think?

finikoxa
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by finikoxa »

fluffer wrote:
> I also wonder if her parents would be the type to enable that thinking.

Well, they don't have to authorize anything regarding her health or not. Joana is 19, she's an adult. If she wants to stop wearing glasses, well, they can't force her not to I guess.

[quote=tmuse post_id=4420224 time=1620137908 user_id=363113]
Have you guys noticed her comment "It's not fun to gain weight obviously, I hate walking and having my thighs rub together." in her latest video
I understand that she as a person that carefully measured each meal and worked out everyday, is mad or sad that gained weight on top of every awful issue currently going on in her life but expressing her opinion this way felt very off. I feel bad for her.
What do you guys think?
[/quote]

I don't see anything wrong with what she said. Both are true, it's not fun to gain unwanted weight and it's not fun to have your thighs rubbing against each other (this being especially true, it can even be hurtful in summer when it's hot).

unwelcome
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by unwelcome »

A while back I went into a rabbit hole of youtube about the impact of food because I have an undiagnosed illness that is disabling and the doctors have given up on me. In a way, I could relate to Joana, having to give up a lot in her life at a young age and having to figure out what works for her. So she had a few videos on her specific diet and she gives the 'I have done it all, so don't give any suggestions'-vibe.
But when went to the rabbit hole of youtube, I discovered a channel called 'what I've learned', it's a dude who makes essays, but has a very specific diet and it's a trend nowadays, so I wanted to try it myself.
Honestly, it's not for me and I started to stop being dependant on getting my information from youtubers who happen to make fancy edits. But to each their own.
I didn't expect to see Joana being in the comments of a video called 'Eating less Meat won't save the Planet. Here's Why', (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGG-A80Tl5g) where she says:
"Touchy subject. Good luck with the comments lol."

I don't know, it was a very one-sided video and it's like she kind of weird to see this as the one and only truth. You could eat your alternative diet without being high and mighty about it? I'm all for having a journey to discover what works for you, but I can't help but to admit that it all took a weird turn from what her diet used to be to this.

Bazzingadoo12
Informer
Informer

Post by Bazzingadoo12 »

Call me insensitive but I never understood why she basically paused her entire life because of... Eczema. It's common and it can be treated.

And now apparently she's away from YT. Like, deleted channel and everything. Pretty wild.

unwelcome
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by unwelcome »

Everything common can be disabling when there's too much of something. The world of medicine still has a lot of people where doctors just say 'live with it' and have no cure at all.

I didn't expect her to go away completely, but I did see that she was struggling with a social media presence several times. Like barely (or not?) using a smartphone, go on and off with social media and taking long breaks. I'm guessing that the guilt of a lack of uploading videos is dragging her down mentally. If that's the case, I wish her well and I hope she can find a balance in her life.
She's not entitled to it whatsoever, but I wish there was some sort of closure for the fans. Now people are guessing whether she was hacked or that's something horrible going on. Her friend says she's still alive, but it's not that hard to say something.

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

I honestly didn't even notice she deleted everything

Tea87878
Learner
Learner

Post by Tea87878 »

Bazzingadoo12 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:58 pm
Call me insensitive but I never understood why she basically paused her entire life because of... Eczema. It's common and it can be treated.
She was never one of those influencers who planned on being popular and I honestly don't think she was ever suited to the lifestyle and it was getting to the point where she either needed to do something with her platform and grow into the role or get off the pot and I think she wanted to get off the pot. And her eczema gave her a very fair and valid out.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

i only really watched her for like the first year she got famous and then stopped, but to add my 2 cents about her food thing, im not surprised. people who have food conscious/"health" focused parents tend to end up like that. i always thought she ate like an old person and i think her parents are 50s/60s, so i can imagine her whole life has been them forcing her to worry about food in a way no average young person would. should she eat 30 granola bars a day or the like? no, but she can have fatty meat and sugar and a regular tortilla god dang it, but instead shes eating avocado on whole wheat low carb tortillas, and eating spaghetti squash with low fat vegan pesto or whatever.
eating dumplings

Return to “A-M”