It's the Donnelly's and their Disney Discount (part 2)

Post by Guest »

Elah_ww wrote:I’m not in New England but I do not think teens talk like this. I think they try way too hard to be cool and speak like how they see people talking in social media, but most people don’t actually speak in real life like how they talk online or in texts. Like I will see someone I know say “bruh” or something on social media, but they don’t actually say it in real life. I think the Donelly kids just try way too hard to be cool because they know how lame their family really is deep down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s possible they’re overcompensating. I don’t know what it is but just about every gesture the kids do, like Katie’s constant peace signs and Brennan/Ryan’s constant weird pointing just irks me. I also think social media is in play too because you’re right; I don’t see people saying bruh or icy IRL, but it’s said quite a bit on social media. I think these kids need to stop be “influencers” and take some time away from their phones. This trip would’ve been a great opportunity to disconnect and enjoy London.
blueangel wrote:Think luck is on the there side for the weather as we have 6 days off Beautiful weather over Easter here in England and Everyone is already down the Beach. It's strange how lot of Americans think we speak posh when we talk. Think from what i can gather there's a lot of people going to the meet up. Brendans team won 4 -3 in the champion league the game there watching is the premier League.
If they go to the beach I swear... that’s something they can absolutely do at home. But I’m sure they’ll go because Katie needs to be as tan as possible to help herself feel good.

I honestly don’t know how many people the meet up will have. But I don’t think I’d call it a ton. Let’s think it out a bit. They have a million subs (lots are inactive or simply don’t watch the videos). But average less than a 100k views a video (it’s gone up a bit recently). Of those 100k-ish viewers, how many of them live in or near the area the meetup will be in? Are people really going to travel far to meet this super average family? Who knows.

Post by Guest »

nsf5555 wrote:
Elah_ww wrote:I’m not in New England but I do not think teens talk like this. I think they try way too hard to be cool and speak like how they see people talking in social media, but most people don’t actually speak in real life like how they talk online or in texts. Like I will see someone I know say “bruh” or something on social media, but they don’t actually say it in real life. I think the Donelly kids just try way too hard to be cool because they know how lame their family really is deep down.

It’s possible they’re overcompensating. I don’t know what it is but just about every gesture the kids do, like Katie’s constant peace signs and Brennan/Ryan’s constant weird pointing just irks me. I also think social media is in play too because you’re right; I don’t see people saying bruh or icy IRL, but it’s said quite a bit on social media. I think these kids need to stop be “influencers” and take some time away from their phones. This trip would’ve been a great opportunity to disconnect and enjoy London.
blueangel wrote:Think luck is on the there side for the weather as we have 6 days off Beautiful weather over Easter here in England and Everyone is already down the Beach. It's strange how lot of Americans think we speak posh when we talk. Think from what i can gather there's a lot of people going to the meet up. Brendans team won 4 -3 in the champion league the game there watching is the premier League.
If they go to the beach I swear... that’s something they can absolutely do at home. But I’m sure they’ll go because Katie needs to be as tan as possible to help herself feel good.

I honestly don’t know how many people the meet up will have. But I don’t think I’d call it a ton. Let’s think it out a bit. They have a million subs (lots are inactive or simply don’t watch the videos). But average less than a 100k views a video (it’s gone up a bit recently). Of those 100k-ish viewers, how many of them live in or near the area the meetup will be in? Are people really going to travel far to meet this super average family? Who knows.

Also with meet ups- I feel like kids will post like they’re going to go but don’t actually make it because they can’t get a parent to take them or whatever. I don’t see many people going to this meet up. I know it’s mean but I hope no one shows up so this family can be brought back down to earth a bit.

Re: It's the Donnelly's and their Disney Discount (part 2)

Post by Guest »

They all need to be brought back down, especially Katie. I hope no one shows up too. I’m not expecting a big turn out

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by britishbeaver »

My username is slightly misleading. However.

Katie insisting to Ryan that English and British are the same thing is just plain wrong and if she says that to the wrong people in the Uk it will end badly. That’s like saying that New England and the United States are the same thing.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

So Because they are youtubers they have obviously been given special tickets as they are pitch side watching Man City warm up.

It’s hilarious that Brennan who “loves” the team so much 6 months ago thought they played at Old Trafford and now get to look around the stadium and get close to the team.

Post by Guest »

Red99 wrote:So Because they are youtubers they have obviously been given special tickets as they are pitch side watching Man City warm up.

It’s hilarious that Brennan who “loves” the team so much 6 months ago thought they played at Old Trafford and now get to look around the stadium and get close to the team.
I’m curious as to how Brennan became such a big Manchester City fan. That’s probably the most unique thing about him lol. And clearly they all have to act over the moon about being there (YT hookup) and it’s obvious with Katie. Wasn’t she kind of hesitant about wanting to go to the game anyway? Now she looks super excited to be out on the field doing whatever. I bet as soon as the game starts she’ll be on her phone most of the time though.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

nsf5555 wrote:
Red99 wrote:So Because they are youtubers they have obviously been given special tickets as they are pitch side watching Man City warm up.

I’m curious as to how Brennan became such a big Manchester City fan. That’s probably the most unique thing about him lol. And clearly they all have to act over the moon about being there (YT hookup) and it’s obvious with Katie. Wasn’t she kind of hesitant about wanting to go to the game anyway? Now she looks super excited to be out on the field doing whatever. I bet as soon as the game starts she’ll be on her phone most of the time though.

It’s because he is a plastic fan and because they have won the league quite a few times in the last 7 years they must be on tv a lot in the States.

I would find it a lot less irritating if he supported a Tottenham for example as at least then he wouldn’t be a glory hunter.

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

Three teen girls have posted photos with them at their meet-up.

Three.

And a grown man with a beard.

Post by Guest »

So four confirmed people were at the meetup?Image

And it’s probably wise to count the people at the meetup based on what was posted because I’m positive anyone who went would likely post about it anyway. Also, did Jill or any of them make a comment about the meetup after? Are they embarrassed? If they got a big turn out I feel like they’d make a post thanking everyone who came. Must not have been that big lmao
Red99 wrote:It’s because he is a plastic fan and because they have won the league quite a few times in the last 7 years they must be on tv a lot in the States.

I would find it a lot less irritating if he supported a Tottenham for example as at least then he wouldn’t be a glory hunter.
Honestly his taste in who he supports is just odd. He supports Man City because they’ve won quite a bit but he also supports the LA Chargers who have never won a Super Bowl. Yet he hates any Boston sport team even though each team (where I am) has been through it all.

Have you seen his twitter? You’re right. He’s such a plastic fan. He talks positive about any team that does well but shits on them when they do poorly. It’s more about winning for him than anything...

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Brennan sounds like a Philadelphia Philly fan. In the 80's, they had a future Hall of Fame player, Mike Schmidt-- and he went through a hitting slump. His own "fans" would actually boo him when he went up to bat!
I have never understood their obsession with the Chargers. The whole male side of the family is nuts about the team. l mean, they never lived in San Diego, right? At first, before I knew that Mike was never in the Navy, I thought that was why-- that maybe Mike had been stationed there. But he was never in the Navy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

nsf5555 wrote:So four confirmed people were at the meetup?Image

And it’s probably wise to count the people at the meetup based on what was posted because I’m positive anyone who went would likely post about it anyway. Also, did Jill or any of them make a comment about the meetup after? Are they embarrassed? If they got a big turn out I feel like they’d make a post thanking everyone who came. Must not have been that big lmao
Red99 wrote:It’s because he is a plastic fan and because they have won the league quite a few times in the last 7 years they must be on tv a lot in the States.

Honestly his taste in who he supports is just odd. He supports Man City because they’ve won quite a bit but he also supports the LA Chargers who have never won a Super Bowl. Yet he hates any Boston sport team even though each team (where I am) has been through it all.

Have you seen his twitter? You’re right. He’s such a plastic fan. He talks positive about any team that does well but shits on them when they do poorly. It’s more about winning for him than anything...

I always thought it was odd that he likes the chargers. I’m from San Diego and the chargers were our team until they moved to LA recently, and honestly most people I know in San Diego didn’t even like the chargers that much. There’s definitely fans here but it’s not like die hard fans you see for other sports teams. It’s more like just casual fans who liked them just because they represented our city. I’ve certainly never heard of anyone outside of San Diego being a chargers fan until Brennan. I just find it so random lol.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

Didn’t Brennan jump on the Washington Capitals last season as well because they were suddenly winning?

A year before that I never heard them mention the team.

ETA - I think that’s the right name for the team , it’s ice hockey and we don’t have that over here.

Oh and Brennan in last nights blog tried to say he was a Man City fan before they blew up big :rofl:

He is a liar as Man City won the league in 2011/2012 so he would of been about 9 years of age.

So are we meant to believe he was a fan when he was 6/7 as Man City at that stage wouldn’t of even been shown on sports channels as they was a rubbish team.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Elah_ww wrote:

I always thought it was odd that he likes the chargers. I’m from San Diego and the chargers were our team until they moved to LA recently, and honestly most people I know in San Diego didn’t even like the chargers that much. There’s definitely fans here but it’s not like die hard fans you see for other sports teams. It’s more like just casual fans who liked them just because they represented our city. I’ve certainly never heard of anyone outside of San Diego being a chargers fan until Brennan. I just find it so random lol.

San Diego here! El Cajon, actually. And yeah, there were fans, but even when they went to the Super Bowl (20+ years ago) people weren't freaking out over them. It's _really_ random that they're such huge Chargers fans-- Ryan is too. Why not the Redskins?
And I actually have seen someone more obnoxious than Katie when it comes to mannerisms! My daughter was watching this BYU girls basketball player named Paisley something. She is _always_ flashing those stupid peace signs. There's another BYU basketball player who vlogs, and she actually puts on a full face of makeup before she goes out on the court. To play college basketball.

Post by Guest »

lmmomSD wrote:
Elah_ww wrote:

San Diego here! El Cajon, actually. And yeah, there were fans, but even when they went to the Super Bowl (20+ years ago) people weren't freaking out over them. It's _really_ random that they're such huge Chargers fans-- Ryan is too. Why not the Redskins?
And I actually have seen someone more obnoxious than Katie when it comes to mannerisms! My daughter was watching this BYU girls basketball player named Paisley something. She is _always_ flashing those stupid peace signs. There's another BYU basketball player who vlogs, and she actually puts on a full face of makeup before she goes out on the court. To play college basketball.

Nice! Yeah the chargers are so random! I thought maybe he liked them because he liked the thought of San Diego as a city? I have no idea if any of them have been here. When I was a kid I would always root for teams only based on if they were from a city I liked/wanted to go to lol. I’m not into sports at all though.
Oh jeez. I could totally see Katie doing that with makeup. You’re just going to sweat it off, what’s the point? It will probably end up looking worse than no makeup once it’s all smeared.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

I thought they liked the Chargers as they liked the lightening bolt logo?

I am sure that’s what Ryan has said before that’s what got them into the team.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Their British accents are AWFUL."We promise, we're not making fun of you"
Yeah, you are. When you do an accent like that, you are low key making fun of it.
And the whining.
If they were so worried about making their plane, why stop and let Brennan and Katie go into their old school? And they TOTALLY underestimated how long it would take to get to the airport? He thought it would only take them an hour to get to Dulles from Annapolis? It takes that long to get there from Alexandria!

Post by Guest »

Red99 wrote:I thought they liked the Chargers as they liked the lightening bolt logo?

I am sure that’s what Ryan has said before that’s what got them into the team.
I do remember Ryan saying that. Pffft. It’s just so bizarre.

I don’t think they know how to properly support a team. And by that I mean, they’re not supporting teams for the right reasons. You support a team when: you have a connection to the team (live in the region it represents, knew someone who played on the team, some other connection etc).

These kids just like jumping on bandwagons, except when it comes to the Chargers. I don’t know anyone besides them who are so obsessed with them when they don’t even live in CA. Brennan is a total band wagoner when it comes to whatever else he supports. He NEVER mentioned the Caps until they got good, and he’s so full of shit when it comes to how long he’s supported Man City. He’s just a fake fan in general with a hard on for the Chargers because he thinks the logo looks pretty. And Ryan just follows whatever Brennan supports. Even Katie supported the Caps when they won but never even mentioned remotely liking hockey beforehand. These kids are such lame followers.

britishbeaver
Debater
Debater

Post by britishbeaver »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:49 pm
Yeah, you are. When you do an accent like that, you are low key making fun of it.
And the whining.
If they were so worried about making their plane, why stop and let Brennan and Katie go into their old school? And they TOTALLY underestimated how long it would take to get to the airport? He thought it would only take them an hour to get to Dulles from Annapolis? It takes that long to get there from Alexandria!
There isn't even such thing as a British accent. But that aside, as someone with probably one of the (many) accents British people might have that they are trying to replicate, not realising they aren't all the same thing, their attempts are rather offensive.

I dread to think what they made of Manchurian accents.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

britishbeaver wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:49 pm
And the whining.
There isn't even such thing as a British accent. But that aside, as someone with probably one of the (many) accents British people might have that they are trying to replicate, not realising they aren't all the same thing, their attempts are rather offensive.

I dread to think what they made of Manchurian accents.
You're absolutely right. Just as people in different regions of the US have different accents. It would be weird to do a Jersey accent and say it was an "American" accent. Even different southern states have different accents. It's really ignorant of them. I pick up accents really quickly. It's not a conscious thing. After a few weeks in Ireland, these guys I met in a pub didn't believe I was from the US. My mom thought it was hilarious that I had such a brogue But I can't fake accents well. And I just don't do it because it's rude.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

I wonder what they did in Manchester as oddly they went there Saturday, Sunday and got the train back to London today.

So they would of spent as much time in Manchester as they have London which seems mighty strange as a billion things to do in London. The same can not be said for Manchester and I would of thought they would of struggled with the Manc accent as well.

Oh and I have noticed they had Fish and Chips twice on I think Thursday and Friday so I wonder if they had a Sunday Roast yesterday.

Return to “It's the Donnellys”