Ellen Fisher

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellen Fisher

Post by fossilfinger »

Tayannne wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:17 am
Any name guesses?
With their taste it could be anything!

I watched their "Names We Love But Won't Be Using" video, and I really think Ellen should have used Walter on one of the boys. I can especially picture Elvis pulling off the name Walter. I know Andrew said he's over it, but it seems like it's one of his all-time favorite names. I know Ellen gives birth, but she shouldn't be the only one to pick the kids' names, they're Andrew's kids, too.

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

I wish she would give her kids helmets that fit. No point in wearing one if it's too big.
Also funny how they will try to wrap gifts by reusing stuff, but then you see them buying water balloons with that plastic accessory. Doubt they're biodegradable.

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

She's silent on social media, I wonder if the baby has come and they're taking some time off. If it is here I really hope everything went well. She looked gigantic in recent photos. Scout was almost 9 lbs so she is definitely prone to big babies. She seemed so tired and out of it in the latest video. If she had complications and had to be transferred to the hospital I wonder if she would start bashing modern medicine and talk about how awful her experience was because she is definitely anti doctor. Her kids have only seen naturopaths and chiropractors... I do appreciate that they eat more processed and cooked foods now and they supplement for B12 and use sunscreen when they didn't before which is growth but I still doubt that will ever see a doctor and get their kids vaccinated.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

I wonder how she got that way, like I understand when people have horrible experiences and become wary of doctors, it's not rational but I get it from an emotional standpoint. But I just do not get people who randomly become anti western medicine, it's just such a weirdly privileged headspace when there are still people in other countries dying from treatable illnesses.

Eda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Eda »

If Ellen was telling the truth about her due date, I have a strong suspicion she may have given birth and had complications. I wouldn’t put it past her to not share that, however. We are supposed to think she is perfect and her way is the best way. Going to a hospital, having medical intervention, etc. isn’t on-brand for her!

Here is my reasoning: Vegans and vegetarians often have larger babies because of their higher carbohydrate intake (excess sugars —> transported directly to baby, who essentially grows fatter inside the womb), and the woman never freaking gets tested for gestational diabetes or any of the myriad conditions that comprise standard prenatal care. Plus, she was already overdue by at least several days/a week, and she has had large babies in the past. Plus, NO monitoring. No even an ultrasound. So huge baby (maybe two babies); way overdue, no properly trained birth attendant. Lots of potential for complications. The level of ignorance is astonishing, actually. Also, she is so thirsty, so we would have totally heard about the birth by now? Something is up.

I will say I hope everything went smoothly for the sake of the kid. And, don’t worry, these kids will all rebel against their dumb parents and get vaccinated at 18. Remember: Kids always rebel!

Why are they so ignorant? Because they are privileged and CAN be. When their hands are forced, they may learn.

Remember when Jinti Fell decided to give birth off grid at an Air BnB and filmed it for her fans (gross and narcissistic on all levels)? Her KID WASN’T BREATHING— he was blue — and they had no birth attendant, no equipment, no backup plan (no proximity to an hospital), etc. They are fully stupid and got very lucky. Thus far, Ellen and Andrew have been lucky. Their luck will eventually run out. Four kids living their entire lives completely uneventfully without any medical intervention? Yeah, not going to happen.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Eda wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:26 pm
Here is my reasoning: Vegans and vegetarians often have larger babies because of their higher carbohydrate intake (excess sugars —> transported directly to baby, who essentially grows fatter inside the womb), and the woman never freaking gets tested for gestational diabetes or any of the myriad conditions that comprise standard prenatal care. Plus, she was already overdue by at least several days/a week, and she has had large babies in the past. Plus, NO monitoring. No even an ultrasound. So huge baby (maybe two babies); way overdue, no properly trained birth attendant. Lots of potential for complications. The level of ignorance is astonishing, actually. Also, she is so thirsty, so we would have totally heard about the birth by now? Something is up.
I'm sorry, but where on earth have you heard that vegans have larger babies because of carbs from?

anythinggoes
Debater
Debater

Post by anythinggoes »

Eda wrote:
If Ellen was telling the truth about her due date, I have a strong suspicion she may have given birth and had complications. I wouldn’t put it past her to not share that, however. We are supposed to think she is perfect and her way is the best way. Going to a hospital, having medical intervention, etc. isn’t on-brand for her!

I will say I hope everything went smoothly for the sake of the kid. And, don’t worry, these kids will all rebel against their dumb parents and get vaccinated at 18. Remember: Kids always rebel!

Why are they so ignorant? Because they are privileged and CAN be. When their hands are forced, they may learn.

Remember when Jinti Fell decided to give birth off grid at an Air BnB and filmed it for her fans (gross and narcissistic on all levels)? Her KID WASN’T BREATHING— he was blue — and they had no birth attendant, no equipment, no backup plan (no proximity to an hospital), etc. They are fully stupid and got very lucky. Thus far, Ellen and Andrew have been lucky. Their luck will eventually run out. Four kids living their entire lives completely uneventfully without any medical intervention? Yeah, not going to happen.
Ellen gets one ultrasound each pregnancy to make sure they are developing properly. Midwives do lab tests at home but I'm not sure if you can get tested for gestational diabetes at home. Thank goodness Ellen at least has a birth attendant, that story about Jinti Fell sounds so reckless and stupid!

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

dietgossip wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:52 am
Eda wrote:
I'm sorry, but where on earth have you heard that vegans have larger babies because of carbs from?
Yeah, that post makes a lot of assumptions. Not all vegans eat extremely high carbs, Ellen was not necessarily overdue (her birthday was a week ago and she said the baby was due "around her birthday," but didn't say the exact date; so it could have been anywhere from the 10th to the 20th), and even if she gave birth 3+ days ago, with 4 kids and her I'm sure wanting to make her birth video look perfect, it's going to take awhile to edit it. I'm not an Ellen Fisher fan at all and find her mostly annoying and fake, but we have no evidence that anything catastrophic has happened.

Tayannne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Tayannne »

In her q&a video she said her due date was on her birthday, may 13th. So she is a week overdue or already had the baby.

Eda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Eda »

dietgossip wrote:
Eda wrote:

Medical training. It’s well-established. Not all, but many vegetarians (and vegans) have larger babies. Their diets favor a larger proportion of carbohydrates than women who eat animal products. This ends up leading to larger babies in that population.

Eda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Eda »

fossilfinger wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:21 am
dietgossip wrote:
Eda wrote:
Yeah, that post makes a lot of assumptions. Not all vegans eat extremely high carbs, Ellen was not necessarily overdue (her birthday was a week ago and she said the baby was due "around her birthday," but didn't say the exact date; so it could have been anywhere from the 10th to the 20th), and even if she gave birth 3+ days ago, with 4 kids and her I'm sure wanting to make her birth video look perfect, it's going to take awhile to edit it. I'm not an Ellen Fisher fan at all and find her mostly annoying and fake, but we have no evidence that anything catastrophic has happened.
This whole forum makes a lot of assumptions. We are here to give opinions and gossip. We don’t know any of these people in real life.

Eda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Eda »

I forgot to add, in particular, Ellen eats a high carb diet as a vegan. She’s been quite one about this. Not every vegan and vegetarian does that, but she sure as hell does. Look at any of her WIEIAD videos, including the last one she posted. It’s sugar on top of carbs on top of carbs (a giant papaya, granola, bananas). A little PB thrown in. She eschews any oil/fat that doesn’t come in a nut or seed. Her protein intake is quite low. That’s her prerogative; she can eat however she likes, orthorexia and all. But you better believe all that excess glucose is helping build a big baby. That is how it works. Not trying to offend anyone here (I eat a pretty high carb plant-based diet myself). Just watch. Maybe I’ll be wrong?

sunnysunflower
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysunflower »

Okay, I guess Ellen had her baby on Sunday. Because the doula she wanted to use said she had her last delivery of the season then. And even Ellen wrote a reply. That was all a day ago. Everything seems to be alright.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sunnysunflower
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysunflower »

Last time, when she gave birth to Scout, she waited 5 days to announce her birth. Maybe now she will do that as well; it would be tomorrow then.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Most people I follow wait a couple of days, so I forgot that there are people who rush to announce. Who would even think about instagram after they just had a kid honestly? But knowing Ellen a lot of that is about her wanting everything to be perfect.

Tayannne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Tayannne »

It’s a BOY! name is Koufax. I personally am not a fan of the name, but the baby is cute!

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Wtf kind of name is that??

mgirl81
Learner
Learner

Post by mgirl81 »

qwerty888 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:04 pm
Wtf kind of name is that??
I'm 99 percent certain it's because Andrew/Sandy/Elvis are all super into baseball and they've mentioned Sandy Koufax (famous baseball player for the Dodgers) before. One of the reasons Andrew liked Sandy's name when Ellen brought it up as an option.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Why do they need a Sandy and a Koufax? This is by far their worst name. Not even a cute nickname. Well, maybe Koko. Elvis, Sandy, and Scout are all relatively "normal" names (yeah, I'm actually calling Elvis a normal name...compared to Koufax, lol) and this just sticks out like a sore thumb.

sunnysunflower
Learner
Learner

Post by sunnysunflower »

fossilfinger wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:33 pm
Why do they need a Sandy and a Koufax? This is by far their worst name. Not even a cute nickname. Well, maybe Koko. Elvis, Sandy, and Scout are all relatively "normal" names (yeah, I'm actually calling Elvis a normal name...compared to Koufax, lol) and this just sticks out like a sore thumb.
I actually like Elvis as a name now and don't associate it with Elvis Presley anymore. I mean it was and is a real name before him. Sandy on the other hand, I can only imagine a girl behind and even then, the name is an ugly one to me. Scout, at first I couldn't imagine a girl behind the name, but now it's actually sweet in a way. But but Koufax, seriously Koufax?! What is that? Is it even a real name? It doesn't sound like a first name, it sounds like a medicine. And all the names don't fit with each other. They don't sound like a sibset.

And Ellen gets to keep calling herself "homebirther". I don't get why anyone would write that as something that someone identities themself with.

Return to “A-M”