Cody Ko

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cody Ko

Post by Pemberleydreams »

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

I've said this in the Dobrik/Vlog Squad thread. Jake could have used this to his advantage, and just "scare him" then tell him he's cool with his videos and that he finds them funny and invite him to his party and everything.

He would have gained so much by being a good sport, probably with Cody himself too. But no, he had to turn into a whole thing and hide behind the "cyberbully" excuse, proving to everyone that they're right in hating him. What a moron.

literallyplease
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by literallyplease »

SeaTurtle16 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:49 am
Does anyone know if there's some way I can watch Jake's video without giving him the ad revenue? Dying to see his interaction with Cody. Cursory google search says adblocker but I wanna be sure lol
Pewdiepie did a video on all this and includes many clips from JP's video

AllAmericanTrash
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AllAmericanTrash »

Pemberleydreams wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:53 am
"Right after a haircut? I'm looking fresh as hell in this!" lmaooooo but fr though

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

MadKat9517 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:42 pm
QueenJolie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:15 am
Cody looks HENCH in that video lol he looks yummy af. I wasn't even paying attention to whatever that blonde seal was spouting, I was just perving at Cody's arms lol
Oh I'm with you. Cody is my ideal male body type. Short-ish, stocky but not fat, etc.
Cody is funny, but 80% of my interest in him is just in the fact that I find him outrageously attractive. I'm glad the whole Jake Paul thing happened to remind me of how hot he is to me lmao

Also I just watched the TMG episode about it, and I'm living for how much Noel is backing Cody up.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Yes the podcast ep was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

manged wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 pm
Also I just watched the TMG episode about it, and I'm living for how much Noel is backing Cody up.
Lol I also loved how heated Noel was getting. He was spot on. Jake Paul lacks brain cells, self-awareness, a sense of humour and a moral compass. Him coming for Cody is the biggest joke of the week lmao. At least it all worked out in Cody’s favour and he’s come out of this smelling like roses.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

I'm sorry for repeating myself, but Jake is such a fucking moron. He wanted to have the cake and eat it too. Confront Cody and "make him look like a bitch" but also hide behind cyberbullying to make it look like he's doing it for morals, for YouTube, and "for the kids." At this point, he would have looked better if he had just gone gangsta on him and properly challenged him to a fight.

It's the YouTube drama equivalent of being a passive-aggressive bitch. You want to tell someone off but you are afraid to do it directly, so you throw insulting jabs at them and hide behind the joke excuse. Jake did basically that, he wanted to be aggressive with Cody but not get shit for it, so he hid behind a bullshit argument so that he could "win" no matter what. I'm glad the public didn't buy it.

Good on Cody for coming out of this victoriously.

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer

Post by MadKat9517 »

Dobrica wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:33 am
I'm sorry for repeating myself, but Jake is such a fucking moron. He wanted to have the cake and eat it too. Confront Cody and "make him look like a bitch" but also hide behind cyberbullying to make it look like he's doing it for morals, for YouTube, and "for the kids." At this point, he would have looked better if he had just gone gangsta on him and properly challenged him to a fight.

It's the YouTube drama equivalent of being a passive-aggressive bitch. You want to tell someone off but you are afraid to do it directly, so you throw insulting jabs at them and hide behind the joke excuse. Jake did basically that, he wanted to be aggressive with Cody but not get shit for it, so he hid behind a bullshit argument so that he could "win" no matter what. I'm glad the public didn't buy it.

Good on Cody for coming out of this victoriously.
If you haven't (since we've been talking about it), check out their current podcast ep, especially when Noel goes off on it. They pointed out that, besides being a little bitch, Jake is in no place to talk about doing it "for the kids". Most of Cody's fans are college kids and 20-somethings. Jake's are all kids. And Jake isn't innocent either. The drugging scandal, the shit he pulled on Alissa, the terrible pranks, him and Tana joking about sex while babysitting kids, the constant merch-pushing...

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

BTW, Cody's numbers are booming. He used to get roughly 2,500 new subs a day. Now he's getting 30K-60K a day, even got 90K on Wednesday. I guess Jake's video had the opposite effect on Cody's career, huh?

Jake has actually managed to surprise me with his stupidity. I knew the guy did everything for Views and money, but I always thought he was a bright guy embracing the memes and laughing all the way to the bank. I honestly thought "It's Every Day Bro" was designed to be stupid and get him hate and attention. I assumed he knew what he was doing, for the most part. But this shit just seals the deal for me. He may have good business instincts, but he's fucking stupid.

imbadatusernames
Debater
Debater

Post by imbadatusernames »

literallyplease wrote:
SeaTurtle16 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:49 am
Does anyone know if there's some way I can watch Jake's video without giving him the ad revenue? Dying to see his interaction with Cody. Cursory google search says adblocker but I wanna be sure lol
Pewdiepie did a video on all this and includes many clips from JP's video
Invidio.us will play the video without the ads or adding to their view count if thats what youre looking for.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TakingaSip
Debater
Debater

Post by TakingaSip »

<3

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

Post by Pemberleydreams »

He crossed 3 m

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy »

Im glad Im not the only one thirsty for Cody lmao

tt96
Talker
Talker

Post by tt96 »

i love that’s cringe but also some of noel’s livestream clips where he reacts to videos are just as good

Post by Guest »

megara_delete1 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Kyratelling46 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:42 am
megara_delete1 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:01 pm
y’all seen the video of him floating around twitter saying the n word multiple times? yikes dude
Link?
there’s a lot of copies floating around twitter, here’s one:

(Mods feel free to remove if posting that wasn’t okay, if it gets removed just search “Cody Ko n word” on twitter, it’s pretty easy to find)

I also agree with the above sentiments. It’s disappointing but not surprising and there’s not much he can do but apologize and not make the same mistake. He has seem to have evolved and while I do think he should apologize on twitter since that’s where the controversy started and not everyone is going to know to check Patreon, it’s good he said something. I agree, not “cancel” worthy. I’m white so I don’t think it’s really my place to decide if he’s “forgiven” or whatever but there’s worse things he could do imo, especially considering the context of the video.
dude that's the most silly video ever. I am sorry if I am offending anyone but I don't get why there are songs like that out there and just because someone isn't black they cannot even mouth the words! Damn. He shouldn't be getting backlash over this. It's just so pointless... It's so obvious he's not doing it to be offensive or even saying the word like it's a bad thing or something. It's just fucking crazy to me that just saying a word is enough to "cancel" someone. Not even the way he said it matters? Good god, people these days.

idk maybe it's a cultural thing. here in europe if someone says this word it's NEVER to be offensive, it's more like calling someone a "badass" or a "cool guy", never degrading.

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dobrica »

MineDressFearless wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:57 pm
He shouldn't be getting backlash over this. It's just so pointless... It's so obvious he's not doing it to be offensive or even saying the word like it's a bad thing or something. It's just fucking crazy to me that just saying a word is enough to "cancel" someone. Not even the way he said it matters? Good god, people these days.
Exactly. Context matters. The guy is obviously goofing on a song, not trying to insult anyone. Granted, as a white guy, he probably should have stayed away from that word altogether, since it's always been problematic and offensive.

But it doesn't even matter, because "cancel culture" isn't about morals or doing the right thing, it's about people's thirst for blood, wanting to feel powerful and appear good to the world, so they'll look for ANYTHING they can spin into something negative, so that they can virtue signal and get on a high horse about someone successful being brought down or even ruined.

In reality, a lot of these people do this shit for very selfish reasons, which is why it happens on social media and in public, where people can see how "woke" and "sensitive" they are.

Strawbs123
Debater
Debater

Post by Strawbs123 »

Theres something about Noel thirst is real atm been re watching their love island game vids lol

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

Strawbs123 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:52 pm
Theres something about Noel ImageImageImage thirst is real atm been re watching their love island game vids lol

he is waaayyy more charismatic and funny than cody. i love him too but sometimes he's awkward.
i only lurk.

sippinT
Learner
Learner

Post by sippinT »

Noticed while looking through TMG's Local Only lyrics on Apple Music that the songs are accredited to Cody and often someone named "Christian Dold". Is Noel a fake name?

Return to “A-M”