Eve Bennett

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
daisychainx
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eve Bennett

Post by daisychainx »

Ankle straps aren’t a good look for cankles, not her best look for SITC.
The Weatherspoons thing annoyed me too, Molly did it before as well. Tacky AF. Pay for your own drinks insteD of getting your followers to send you them.

Tomsand
Learner
Learner

Post by Tomsand »

My predictions for results day:

Eve
English Lit: high B or low A
German: A*
Spanish: A or A*

Ruby
Chemistry: low B or high C
English Lit: high B or low A (leaning towards the B)
RS: A or A*

Jade
Chemistry: B
Biology: low A or high B
Maths: A or A*

I just wanted them recoded somewhere in case I am right. I don’t know why but I feel strongly that these will be their results.

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

Wow why so Bad?

HONEY_AND_MILK
Learner
Learner

Post by HONEY_AND_MILK »

Yeah that surprises me, going by their track records I was thinking they'd all get A's and A*s in everything. They have in the past why do you suspect they'll get lower, just out of interest btw??

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

Tomsand wrote:My predictions for results day:

Eve

Ruby

Jade

I just wanted them recoded somewhere in case I am right. I don’t know why but I feel strongly that these will be their results.
Any particular reason you've guessed so low?

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

I mean Jade cried a lot because of chemistry (?) exams, but all in all I dont think they were so bad.

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

90% sure she hasn't got into Oxford, she tweeted immediately about her interview and offer, and tbh unless you're in clearing once you've got your grades there's not a lot to do - you confirm accommodation choices (which most people already know about) and then you're just waiting for information to start coming through, but there's nothing urgent. Unless she's doing this to keep suspense (which is just shady, yes it's a big deal to you but it's hardly the same as a pregnancy announcement :roll: ), I don't think she's in and she doesn't know how to cope with suddenly not being the smartest

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

jiggy_girl wrote:90% sure she hasn't got into Oxford, she tweeted immediately about her interview and offer, and tbh unless you're in clearing once you've got your grades there's not a lot to do - you confirm accommodation choices (which most people already know about) and then you're just waiting for information to start coming through, but there's nothing urgent. Unless she's doing this to keep suspense (which is just shady, yes it's a big deal to you but it's hardly the same as a pregnancy announcement :roll: ), I don't think she's in and she doesn't know how to cope with suddenly not being the smartest
So turns out she's hyping for attention, making it seem like she's done badly. She got 3 A*'s, and is going to Oxford (it's on her school website), so sad she's using such a momentous thing to create clicks and views

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

https://www.wghs.org.uk/single-post/201 ... sults-2018

just saw this on twitter. 3A*s, got into Oxford

daisychainx
Debater
Debater

Post by daisychainx »

Everyone has seen on her school’s twitter that she got 3 A*s but she posts a stupid clickbait ‘I GOT REJECTED FROM OXFORD?!??!?’ shut up you twat

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:[url]<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.wghs.org.uk/single-post/201 ... sults-2018[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>wghs</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>single</span><span>-</span><span>post</span><span>/</span><span>2018</span><span>/</span><span>08</span><span>/</span><span>16</span><span>/</span><span>A</span><span>-</span><span>Level</span><span>-</span><span>Results</span><span>-</span><span>2018</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

just saw this on twitter. 3A*s, got into Oxford
Yep, her attitude is insufferable though - whining about her marks in English (despite getting an A* and topping her year), knowing she's worked hard and saying "I don't know how I've done it I topped my year!!!!!" this way of showing off is honestly the worst

I'm also going to assume Ruby got into Exeter - this is from her school's website
Thanks to their achievements Pipers students have successfully gained places at some of the country’s top higher education institutions including Durham University, University of Leeds, University of Exeter, University of Southampton, Loughborough University and the University of Birmingham. The girls will be studying a diverse range of courses including Philosophy and Theology, Modern Languages, Biochemistry, Anthropology and Archaeology, Psychology, German and Chinese, Architecture, Exercise Health and Nutrition, Nursing, Information Management and Business, Product Design, English, Geography and Design for Film and Television.
Isn't that what she wanted to do?

gahgahgah
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gahgahgah »

She did get in. She got all A*s including the highest mark in her year for one of them.

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

Tomsand wrote:My predictions for results day:

Eve

Ruby

Jade

Maybe don't pursue a future career as a psychic then :rofl:

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

But honestly I were so sure their results would be worse too! Especially by Jade. How could she crying but get best grades possible?

HONEY_AND_MILK
Learner
Learner

Post by HONEY_AND_MILK »

Nike wrote:But honestly I were so sure their results would be worse too! Especially by Jade. How could she crying but get best grades possible?
Perfectionism. I knew girls in school very similar, always got A*s but convinced themselves they did shit because they put so much pressure on themselves. Sometimes it feels like they're doing it for attention but the concerning thing is i genuinely think they actually feel that they've done badly.
They need to toughen up tho because that shit won't fly in uni.

Hideandseek
Informer
Informer

Post by Hideandseek »

Getting an A* does not mean you get the best grade, it depends where they draw the line for an A* for this specific exam this specific year depending on how everyone did (anyone from the UK, correct me if I'm wrong), it just means she is in the top of this year's candidates. If everyone screwed up and she screwed up less then she'll get her A*
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

M. 22. France

Nike
Learner
Learner

Post by Nike »

Hideandseek wrote:Getting an A* does not mean you get the best grade, it depends where they draw the line for an A* for this specific exam this specific year depending on how everyone did (anyone from the UK, correct me if I'm wrong), it just means she is in the top of this year's candidates. If everyone screwed up and she screwed up less then she'll get her A*
Wtf? Whats that for a silly system? It doesnt make any sense at all.
Anyway, thank you for the information. So maybe all the other students were just Bad af.

Post by Guest »

Regarding the thing about crying even though you got the best grade: there’s literally no possible way to know that at the time. I’ve come out of exams assuming the worst and done well. When you’re already in a high stress situation it can be easy to think you’ve done poorly. She could’ve easily gotten a B if the rest of the people sitting that exam found the question easy, it just depends on everyone else.

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

Nike wrote:
Hideandseek wrote:Getting an A* does not mean you get the best grade, it depends where they draw the line for an A* for this specific exam this specific year depending on how everyone did (anyone from the UK, correct me if I'm wrong), it just means she is in the top of this year's candidates. If everyone screwed up and she screwed up less then she'll get her A*
Wtf? Whats that for a silly system? It doesnt make any sense at all.
Anyway, thank you for the information. So maybe all the other students were just Bad af.
It's so consistency between year groups, exam paper difficulty will vary each year and the grade boundaries reflect that.
Like what if a paper was so difficult and bad that everyone got Cs or failed? It would be totally unfair on that year group.
It means if you've got two candidates for a job/uni/whatever and they were in different years at school and got the same results you can be sure if they were of the same standard.
For example my biology grade boundaries this year were 10 marks less for a C than last year, doesn't mean everyone in my year is dumber than last year and messed up, just that the questions were more difficult, or more ambiguous, or the markscheme was a lot tighter.

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

Did anyone see her reacting to viewer opinions video? She was so open about her sexuality, it was really refreshing

Return to “A-M”