Anthony Padilla

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
ConcernedCitizen96
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anthony Padilla

Post by ConcernedCitizen96 »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm shocked but I do wish him the best. I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on this.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i just saw this while scrolling down on instagram and thought it was some clickbait bs.
my jaw literally dropped to the floor when it turned out to be true.
i always expected him and ian would eventually "step down" from smosh to only work behind the camera.
seems he got fed up having to have everything he wants to do and say approved by a company and be forced to fit that brand and wants to be able to do whatever the fuck he wants. he basically wants to not have to answer to a boss anymore. which is understandable, especially if he's in contact with any other youtuber. he sees them doing whatever they want whenever they want, because they're their own person and don't have to answer to anyone
The Internet knows all your secrets

Post by Guest »

I thought he owned Smosh (along with Ian) so I understand it, I even saw it coming since he didnt appear in almost all of the 2017 videos :?
I really wish him the best, in The Gabbie show`s latest vlog she said she filmed a video with him so I think he`ll collab with other youtubers to build up his channel :o
I dont expect anything from his channel but hopefully there will be more vlogs, I loved them :roll:

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut »

Did he even work on the Smosh channel at all? Last time I watched one of their videos it was some random cast of people.

Post by Guest »

^
^
he was in the latest video ( the Boardgames one ), he also co-produce all episodes even the ones he doesnt appear in :roll:

thelovingmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thelovingmomma »

KittyGussip wrote:I thought he owned Smosh (along with Ian) so I understand it, I even saw it coming since he didnt appear in almost all of the 2017 videos :?
I really wish him the best, in The Gabbie show`s latest vlog she said she filmed a video with him so I think he`ll collab with other youtubers to build up his channel :o
I dont expect anything from his channel but hopefully there will be more vlogs, I loved them :roll:
Ian and Anthony sold it off in 2011 I think. It was acquired by Alloy media (defy media) in 2011. I think they no longer owned it after that and they were contracted with the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wafflesandhoney
Learner
Learner

Post by wafflesandhoney »

Recently so many people in the fandom had been saying he changed and started distancing himself from Smosh, and much more... I'm now surprised how right we were. He's probably gonna be irrelevant without Smosh. If he's now going to be filming more with Miel, it's gonna suck. So many people don't like her, I don't like her. I think she's snobbish, annoying, kinda similar to Kalel and very unfunny. And he's not himself, he changed himself to fit in with her, her bro and her vine buddies and he thinks it's all good and means being an adult :roll: He's going to realize one day that he's still unhappy because there have been different reasons than lack of creative freedom at Smosh.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

I was surprised. I thought it was another clickbait too! But the move makes sense. I can see how depressing it may be to know you are no longer in control of something you created and built over many years. Sad. I wonder how he'll go forward now.

Post by Guest »

meowlizzz wrote:I was surprised. I thought it was another clickbait too! But the move makes sense. I can see how depressing it may be to know you are no longer in control of something you created and built over many years. Sad. I wonder how he'll go forward now.
well, he have been gaining alot of subscribers according to social blade, I think he`ll do just fine
maybe he`ll get more views depending on the videos he`ll be posting ,like I said before he filmed a collab video with the Gabbie show so maybe he`ll film more videos with other big LA youtubers ( he is friends with many), maybe more traveling vlogs and random videos like the ones he is posting now... so yeah, I think he`ll do just fine, maybe he wont get the same amount of money but I hope he`ll be happy <3

hopefully he wont disappear like RWJ, he started posting on FB and he isnt as famous as he used to be
I wish he can still film "Lunch time with Smosh" as childish as they seem I really liked those videos :roll:

menswear
Learner
Learner

Post by menswear »

wafflesandhoney wrote:Recently so many people in the fandom had been saying he changed and started distancing himself from Smosh, and much more... I'm now surprised how right we were. He's probably gonna be irrelevant without Smosh. If he's now going to be filming more with Miel, it's gonna suck. So many people don't like her, I don't like her. I think she's snobbish, annoying, kinda similar to Kalel and very unfunny. And he's not himself, he changed himself to fit in with her, her bro and her vine buddies and he thinks it's all good and means being an adult :roll: He's going to realize one day that he's still unhappy because there have been different reasons than lack of creative freedom at Smosh.
Agreed. He used to have such a big personality, but he's been dating people with even bigger personalities and he gets overshadowed by that. I don't like Miel just at a base level, but I really don't feel like her and Anthony have good chemistry from what I've seen of them together. She's annoying, snobbish, and most of all overpowering, and he seems so much more reserved than he used to be. I don't think any of the people he's been with publicly have been any good for him. He seems happy enough for now anyway, which is good.

His video with Lilly Singh was terrible. I'm sure she had a lot of creative influence there, but I thought it was very lacklustre. I hope that doesn't reflect the kind of content he'll start creating, because that kind of thing gets old really quickly.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

It's weird to think that smosh is essentially over now ( I'll always think of smosh as Ian and Anthony, not the cast). I haven't watched them in forever but I was such a fan back in the day. I always imagined that eventually Ian and Anthony would step down and it would be just the cast, but not that Anthony would quit. Part of me thinks good for him, part of me thinks he shouldn't have sold smosh to begin with if he feels this way. I wonder if he sold his share/ rights to the company.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

menswear wrote:His video with Lilly Singh was terrible. I'm sure she had a lot of creative influence there, but I thought it was very lacklustre. I hope that doesn't reflect the kind of content he'll start creating, because that kind of thing gets old really quickly.
It didn't seem like he had a lot of input in that video. Like, he was just reacting to whatever she said lol. It was very much her style

thelovingmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thelovingmomma »

MsAudrey wrote:It's weird to think that smosh is essentially over now ( I'll always think of smosh as Ian and Anthony, not the cast). I haven't watched them in forever but I was such a fan back in the day. I always imagined that eventually Ian and Anthony would step down and it would be just the cast, but not that Anthony would quit. Part of me thinks good for him, part of me thinks he shouldn't have sold smosh to begin with if he feels this way. I wonder if he sold his share/ rights to the company.
Ian and Anthony sold the brand to alloy digital back in 2011. They shouldn't have though since it grew so much and is worth way more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wafflesandhoney
Learner
Learner

menswear wrote:
wafflesandhoney wrote:Recently so many people in the fandom had been saying he changed and started distancing himself from Smosh, and much more... I'm now surprised how right we were. He's probably gonna be irrelevant without Smosh. If he's now going to be filming more with Miel, it's gonna suck. So many people don't like her, I don't like her. I think she's snobbish, annoying, kinda similar to Kalel and very unfunny. And he's not himself, he changed himself to fit in with her, her bro and her vine buddies and he thinks it's all good and means being an adult :roll: He's going to realize one day that he's still unhappy because there have been different reasons than lack of creative freedom at Smosh.
Agreed. He used to have such a big personality, but he's been dating people with even bigger personalities and he gets overshadowed by that. I don't like Miel just at a base level, but I really don't feel like her and Anthony have good chemistry from what I've seen of them together. She's annoying, snobbish, and most of all overpowering, and he seems so much more reserved than he used to be. I don't think any of the people he's been with publicly have been any good for him. He seems happy enough for now anyway, which is good.

His video with Lilly Singh was terrible. I'm sure she had a lot of creative influence there, but I thought it was very lacklustre. I hope that doesn't reflect the kind of content he'll start creating, because that kind of thing gets old really quickly.
Totally agree, he used to have such a big personality and so much charm and confidence on screen in the earlier days. Nowadays he often seems like life has been sucked out of him. In the video with Lilly he seemed like a ghost. His personality started to vanish pretty quickly after he got with Miel. She really doesn’t bring out the best in him. When he got with her, he even stopped trying as hard to involve himself with everything at Smosh and make things work. I find it hard to watch what he has become with this girl that just keeps bringing him down in a lot of ways. He seems like he’s suffocating inside, because he’s always playing a role for her and he’s soaked up all her poor attitude and ideas. He falls too hard for the wrong girls and loses his mind. He’s pretty stubborn too, I’m not surprised Ian didn’t manage to talk him out of this mess. His personal issues and the influence of the wrong kind of girlfriends put him in a very weird place now.

Post by Guest »

thelovingmomma wrote:
MsAudrey wrote:It's weird to think that smosh is essentially over now ( I'll always think of smosh as Ian and Anthony, not the cast). I haven't watched them in forever but I was such a fan back in the day. I always imagined that eventually Ian and Anthony would step down and it would be just the cast, but not that Anthony would quit. Part of me thinks good for him, part of me thinks he shouldn't have sold smosh to begin with if he feels this way. I wonder if he sold his share/ rights to the company.
Ian and Anthony sold the brand to alloy digital back in 2011. They shouldn't have though since it grew so much and is worth way more now
I bet it was a big deal back in 2011 when people started to take youtubers seriously
now in 2017 no one will ever think about signing to a company, many youtubers told their stories about her they got screwed over because of companies they worked for
so I dont blame them for it, but its kind of sad :?

0_JinxToMinx_0
Informer
Informer

Post by 0_JinxToMinx_0 »

I saw nothing wrong in the Lily video. She was a dominating, exaggerated girlfriend and it seemed like he was her meek partner or was a two-dimensional hornball. Sometimes it's like that.

I can't help but wonder if this was a calculated business decision to get Smosh AND Anthony's personal channel to go up in subscribers. Not that Anthony's coming back ever (now that I think about it, Justin Bieber had a point with Never say Never), but they and himself thought if he left, it would be good for him and everyone. It is pretty predictable that an increase in subs would happen with the OG leaving and an increase for Anthony would happen capitalizing on Smosh and going back to Smosh roots while the young cast would continue the sub and view increase due to the press of Anthony's departure.

Gah, I hope he's just changing as a person and not for Miel/whoever they hang with.

All that being said, I hope this new collab video isn't already using up the best idea he has in order to get people to watch and all the videos are just as good. He was talking about brand sponsor. Even the idea coming up probably just for a script idea...total slippery slope. He needs to stay away for a while from anything interfering in his videos but his friends and acquaintances.

alex.pyt
Informer
Informer

Post by alex.pyt »

I didn't know Anthony had his topic on GG!

So, he left Smosh and put out his first video after leaving... Honestly, it's entertaining- but not to the point that he can keep on that route. I think it's very basic comedy, which is a little old on YT. Or maybe I'm too old for it. I'd rather listen to Drew Monson's comedy cause it's sharper. I hope he'll come up with good ideas though. It's a dark moment for YT imho, it's hard to put out content that isn't mere sponsoring or riding a wave.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

I mean, I've been liking the content he's been putting out since his Portland video. He'll go on vlogging sprees when he travels, which are pleasant. He has his own style that isn't boring like other vloggers are. Then other times he'll tell stories or little skits, which are good for a bit of a laugh. He's just a chill and funny dude, which is more my taste than the more exaggerated version of himself that he was on Smosh (which I used to love but have now outgrown). I hope he doesn't try that much harder to be entertaining or funny from here on out. If it works out for him to put in more effort, ok. But I think he's doing pretty well with his content as it is.

wafflesandhoney
Learner
Learner

Ian's matured and changed, but Anthony's antics seem like he's bending over backwards again. He complained about his ex-girlfriend and then just got with a similar one. She's like a dominating mother and he's become like her meek, well-trained son. She's overbearing, preachy, cunning, attention-seeking and she acts, talks, reprimands him like Kalel. Also, not to be rude, but being with Miel draws so much attention to them not being on the same intellectual level, like I never even thought about him not being on the same level as someone else before at all.

Jolteon
Talker
Talker

Post by Jolteon »

^ Are you saying that she's intellectually superior to Anthony? If so, I don't really agree. I think a lot of that is attributed to her hipster pseudo-intellectual style, but I do not think that she is smarter than Anthony by any means. What I don't like about her, is that on their vlogs, there are certain occasions (like the boat riding in Denmark) where she just does the thing, gets bored after a couple minutes and then just leaves him hanging. :roll:

Return to “A-M”