Joey Graceffa Part 7

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 7

Post by illegal_mind »

yeah, i think joey's another troye sivan and lucas cruikshank. he's out to his friends and family and everyone he knows irl, but not online.
he definitely has a strong reason for it. he's been asked so many times, even at that gathering in seattle(?) where a fan asked him in a q&a and he said "it's no one's business" (which was basically a "yes i'm gay, but i ain't saying it"). if it was just the case of him being out to everyone but never publicly announcing it online, he would have had several opportunities to do so (like the "are you gay?" video with shane. which was just the perfect moment to make a coming out video)
The Internet knows all your secrets

Bluebirdi
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bluebirdi »

Just wait... he'll have a lull in his popularity and it will be used to get traction / new subbies.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Bluebirdi wrote:Just wait... he'll have a lull in his popularity and it will be used to get traction / new subbies.
Ah, the Anderson Cooper move. A classic.

sweetpeam
Informer
Informer

Post by sweetpeam »

Bluebirdi wrote:Just wait... he'll have a lull in his popularity and it will be used to get traction / new subbies.
Which I don't think that's gonna be anytime soon. He recently just became super popular (TAR and all the collabs). Maybe in a year or two he'll become the next Shane Dawson or Juicystar07 but as of right now, no. I'm hoping he'll come out by the end of the year but idk lol With all the Doey suspicion, it might happen.

bloodymarysmith
Learner
Learner

Post by bloodymarysmith »

Hippo wrote:
Yeah, but it makes perfect sense. I mean, every YouTuber will be talking about it and congratulating him. And the second it's up, illegal_mind will post about it, and all of us here will have to watch it. And we'll all be curious what his next video will be like... Perfect move.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

bloodymarysmith wrote:
Hippo wrote:
Yeah, but it makes perfect sense. I mean, every YouTuber will be talking about it and congratulating him. And the second it's up, illegal_mind will post about it, and all of us here will have to watch it. And we'll all be curious what his next video will be like... Perfect move.
that made me laugh

Melonburst86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Melonburst86 »

I think that's Doug's jacket on Joeys bed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Melonburst86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Melonburst86 »

I'm pretty sure that's Doug's blazer on his bed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

nope. doug's jacket has white buttons, the one on top of the bed has black buttons

senpai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by senpai »

I don't know, but all I ever got from Joey and his dad was that they have a good relationship now. Even if it was different in the past, his dad definitely loves him and Joey is pretty comfortable around him and the rest if his family

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

illegal_mind wrote:
bloodymarysmith wrote:[

that made me laugh
I don't even watch YT anymore. I just let illegal_mind recap it all for me. ;)

sharethepleasure
Talker
Talker

Post by sharethepleasure »

Hippo wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:
bloodymarysmith wrote:[

that made me laugh
I don't even watch YT anymore. I just let illegal_mind recap it all for me. ;)
OMG! Same story for me! :D <3

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

I think people are starting to figure out about Joey and Doug on Instagram and Tumblr and most, if not all, are posting really really sweet things about them. This makes me happy. :)

Tcfoxdude
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tcfoxdude »

Honestly, I don't even know why anyone would question the fact that Doug and Joey are both gay and might be attracted to each other.

I mean if ur still out in the dark, how many straight guys do you know would travel across a continent and then go horseback riding. Has your father done that with a friend? Your brother? Your boyfriend? And we r not talking rodeo here. It's 2 guys riding in the Hollywood hills as the sun sets. How many freaking straight guys do u know has ever done that with another straight guy. R people really that dense?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i think they're just too young, so they never watched brokeback mountain

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

someone made a Doey montage. omg
[youtube][/youtube]

rena321
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rena321 »

I definitely think Joey is purposely not showing any interaction with Doug to try and brush as many Doey speculations and comments under the rug as possible. I think it'll work on the majority of his audience (10-14 year olds) that aren't rational enough to put two and two together, but for most of us here I think it only confirms at least a mutual attraction.

Joey hasn't shied away from the gay innuendos/jokes and kissing scenes with Shane and Tyler because there's obviously nothing there but $$$, however, him being reluctant to even post a picture on twitter of him and Doug standing together at a public event/movie premiere? I think that speaks volumes.

Really, standing on opposite ends in both group pictures? It just screams premeditated false advertising to me. Especially since I don't think Doug had much of a relationship with any of this particular Brit crew before Joey came along. His main connection to them is Joey.

If Doug was just another friend, that was just another 'ship' to his viewers why wouldn't he take advantage of it? Why not post a picture with a friend? Why not even post a picture with a friend standing at opposite ends of a group pic?

I really think him being involved and seeing everything go down with Ingrid & Luke, Zoe and Alfie and now Meghan and Jimmy has given him plenty of examples of what comes along with making your relationship public.

sharethepleasure
Talker
Talker

Post by sharethepleasure »

rena321 wrote:I definitely think Joey is purposely not showing any interaction with Doug to try and brush as many Doey speculations and comments under the rug as possible. I think it'll work on the majority of his audience (10-14 year olds) that aren't rational enough to put two and two together, but for most of us here I think it only confirms at least a mutual attraction.

Joey hasn't shied away from the gay innuendos/jokes and kissing scenes with Shane and Tyler because there's obviously nothing there but $$$, however, him being reluctant to even post a picture on twitter of him and Doug standing together at a public event/movie premiere? I think that speaks volumes.

Really, standing on opposite ends in both group pictures? It just screams premeditated false advertising to me. Especially since I don't think Doug had much of a relationship with any of this particular Brit crew before Joey came along. His main connection to them is Joey.

If Doug was just another friend, that was just another 'ship' to his viewers why wouldn't he take advantage of it? Why not post a picture with a friend? Why not even post a picture with a friend standing at opposite ends of a group pic?

I really think him being involved and seeing everything go down with Ingrid & Luke, Zoe and Alfie and now Meghan and Jimmy has given him plenty of examples of what comes along with making your relationship public.
Personally, I think that Joey's scared of losing his main source of income (the teenage girls on YT who are in love with him more than ever right now). For me, that's the only reason he's not showing any interaction between him and Doug lately. If Doug was like Shane (thank God he's not), they could've put the whole shipping game as a front and not worry about it too much.
The only thing I don't quite agree with from your post, is the reason you gave for them not to show each other in vlogs, pictures, etc. Sure, he has YT friends who had been together and then split up, but I highly doubt the reason for any of those couples you mentioned to breakup is the fact that they are posting videos on the internet. It's just my opinion, though.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

So Louise just tweeted she is with Joey and Doug. Hopefully we get more Doey soon :D

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I agree that Joey is deliberately not showing him in vlogs/social media. But I think it's less about if they break up and more about the shipping a la Zalfie. Especially since he's not out on youtube he doesn't want to have to address it seriously and all the shipping has to be a huge stress on a relationship, especially a new one and when Doug is really not used to that level of "fame".

Return to “Joey Graceffa”